Roosters 13+
7%

Total votes: 29

Finite
David Furner

Re: 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Finite »

The Rickman wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:06 pm
Finite wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:02 pm My night on Sunday was book-ended by two Raiders legends.

About 1 minute after entering ANZ Don Furner walked past me. Gave him a thumbs up and got a head nod. At the end of the game waiting near the edge of the field to cheer the boys I saw Rickman, he looks even better in 3d.
Why the hell didn't you say hello?

Also, I wasn't there at the end, we beat a hasty path for the door, I was absolutely devastated.
Oh sorry, then it was Brew, or whoever is in that avatar. I didn't feel like talking to anyone after the game, I was shattered.
Last edited by Finite on October 10, 2019, 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Finite wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:10 pm
The Rickman wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:06 pm
Finite wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:02 pm My night on Sunday was book-ended by two Raiders legends.

About 1 minute after entering ANZ Don Furner walked past me. Gave him a thumbs up and got a head nod. At the end of the game waiting near the edge of the field to cheer the boys I saw Rickman, he looks even better in 3d.
Why the hell didn't you say hello?

Also, I wasn't there at the end, we beat a hasty path for the door, I was absolutely devastated.
Oh sorry, then it was Brew, or whoever is in that avatar. I didn't feel like talking to anyone after the game, I was shattered.
Oh yeah, Brew is the one on the right of my avatar, with the massive **** head. That's me on the left..... errr, also with a massive head apparently.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Finite wrote:Self-indulgent for a moment my night on Sunday was book-ended by two Raiders legends.

Don't worry, he walked straight past me at the prelim..

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:41 pm
Finite wrote:Self-indulgent for a moment my night on Sunday was book-ended by two Raiders legends.

Don't worry, he walked straight past me at the prelim..

What the ****?? Why does nobody ever say hello?!?!
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I was in the Brewery at about 12:30 with Leebola and Hrundi and John McIntyre came up and asked for a photo of me in my McFadden jersey. My thoughts on that man are not glowing and I curse my late Mother for teaching me to be polite to everyone. I took that photo and simply said "not many of these jerseys around" and he agreed. He was pretty thrilled and I guess he's earnt his respect despite my greater opinions.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Met Campo after the game- he was hurting like everyone but also really positive and great with every fan and shook every hand who approached him and just happy to talk footy like a regular punter.

I just shook his hand and said thanks. It was good to see he's still green through and through despite his difficult last year or so in the team.

Met Don a few times this year on the Darwin away game to Eels. He was really approachable and made time for a proper chat with us once he found out how far we'd all flown for this game (Singapore, Moresby) as the only club game we could get to this year.

Raiders is a real community.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

It was really obvious how excited Campo was before the game when they interviewed him. Was fantastic to see a club champ with the same Christmas morning grin on his face as the fans in the supporters bay!

It’s a real shame guys like Campo and Tongue didn’t get to experience a GF.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

BadnMean wrote:Met Campo after the game- he was hurting like everyone but also really positive and great with every fan and shook every hand who approached him and just happy to talk footy like a regular punter.

I just shook his hand and said thanks. It was good to see he's still green through and through despite his difficult last year or so in the team.

Met Don a few times this year on the Darwin away game to Eels. He was really approachable and made time for a proper chat with us once he found out how far we'd all flown for this game (Singapore, Moresby) as the only club game we could get to this year.

Raiders is a real community.
Campo is a legend
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Campo and Tonguey never fail to say hello. They’re both great blokes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Woodgers wrote: October 10, 2019, 6:55 pm I was in the Brewery at about 12:30 with Leebola and Hrundi and John McIntyre came up and asked for a photo of me in my McFadden jersey. My thoughts on that man are not glowing and I curse my late Mother for teaching me to be polite to everyone. I took that photo and simply said "not many of these jerseys around" and he agreed. He was pretty thrilled and I guess he's earnt his respect despite my greater opinions.
Great job not to stack on a blue under the circumstances.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: October 10, 2019, 8:42 pm
Woodgers wrote: October 10, 2019, 6:55 pm I was in the Brewery at about 12:30 with Leebola and Hrundi and John McIntyre came up and asked for a photo of me in my McFadden jersey. My thoughts on that man are not glowing and I curse my late Mother for teaching me to be polite to everyone. I took that photo and simply said "not many of these jerseys around" and he agreed. He was pretty thrilled and I guess he's earnt his respect despite my greater opinions.
Great job not to stack on a blue under the circumstances.
:lol: :lol: true.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL grand final to help Canberra Raiders young guns go to next level

Raiders lock Joe Tapine expects his young teammates to benefit from the experience of playing in the NRL grand final.

"The young guys, this experience will really help them," he said. "This is a big game and you could feel the difference between [Sunday] night and the previous week so all the young boys, even some of the old guys, will take something out of it."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Canberra Raiders can win 2020 premiership with George Williams arrival, says Peter Sterling

Canberra will be improved by England Test playmaker George Williams and are capable of winning next year's premiership, rugby league great Peter Sterling says.

"I'll go the Raiders to be even tougher to beat next year," Sterling said.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-r ... ffe69597c8

George Williams on the 'strange' prospect of playing against Wigan Warriors - for Canberra Raiders - in 2020

George Williams admits the prospect of playing against Wigan early next year is a “strange one”. Canberra boss Don Furner revealed they may visit England to play against the Warriors pre-season.

“That’d be a strange encounter, but that’d be something I’d enjoy, and it’d be a good chance to come back and see my family.”

Read more: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/george ... 1-10041168

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart joins England union camp: As Canberra look to move on from their controversial NRL grand final defeat, coach Ricky Stuart has joined Eddie Jones’ England team in Japan in a bid to find way to take the Raiders forward: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... bdc293b787
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Was that you in the McFadden jersey?! Well there you go. I noticed that too, it was surely the only one at the game.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

There was a McFadden jersey in front of us in 627

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Just on previous posts, I met Campo once before the 2012 sharks semi (he was out injured) and he was a lovely bloke. Apparently he partied back at the Brewery with the Raiders faithful after the game and I know at least Lucy and Zaius got photos with him.

As for Don Furner... I’ve always found him a very down to earth and approachable bloke. And for some reason he recognises me and pretends he knows me, I’m sure he has me mixed up with someone else
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I met Campo before that 2012 final as well

I assume Don Furner knows you because he posts here... hmmm who is Don?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:I met Campo before that 2012 final as well Image

I assume Don Furner knows you because he posts here... hmmm who is Don?
It’s obviously Billy Walker over the years in his many, many incarnations
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I’m getting hit by a wave of delayed sadness

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I've been sad all week... :(
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:I've been sad all week... :(
Me too GE

My son (9) was devastated on the night and a bit of the next day... I’m still there however.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders top five tries of 2019: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/11/rai ... s-of-2019/

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I'd really encourage those that are sad about the result to focus on all of the positive things about this season. It really was an amazing journey and although we just fell short of a premiership we got to be a part of something this club hasn't achieved for 25 years. I can really see us going on from here and being a seriously competitive club for the next 5 years and winning the premiership we all long for.

We went from missing the 8 through the most preposterous ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory rugby league has ever seen to within a single play of defeating the reigning premiers, who were out and out the best team at full strength all year. There is so much to be proud of and celebrate that I can't find it in me to be too sad about the loss.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

pickles wrote:I'd really encourage those that are sad about the result to focus on all of the positive things about this season. It really was an amazing journey and although we just fell short of a premiership we got to be a part of something this club hasn't achieved for 25 years. I can really see us going on from here and being a seriously competitive club for the next 5 years and winning the premiership we all long for.

We went from missing the 8 through the most preposterous ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory rugby league has ever seen to within a single play of defeating the reigning premiers, who were out and out the best team at full strength all year. There is so much to be proud of and celebrate that I can't find it in me to be too sad about the loss.
Good post.
I am very proud of our team and the season they put together. The positives so far outweigh the negatives. I am disappointed but I definitely enjoyed the ride. I guess the ride wouldn’t be so enjoyable if we didn’t invest our emotions into it though.

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I'm already pretty much over it tbh. I think the main thing that's helped is that I was never expecting us to win, and coming so far felt like a big achievement anyway. IMO there's nothing more soul crushing when you're expecting to win but don't.

Doubt I'll feel that way next year if we make it again and lose, and I'll be pretty bloody disappointed if we have a season that has any resemblance to 2017, that's for sure.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yeah that's my concern that we fall off the face of the earth again

But this side is much better than what we fielded in 17, and adding the hurt of a gf loss to what they built last year we should be back in the hunt September next year

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders to add extra strike to rock solid defence

What a ride. But how does the Green Machine go on an even better one?

That's what Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart will already be turning his mind to as he packs down with Eddie Jones in the England camp at the Rugby World Cup.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm still upset that there will be no repercussions. The NRL want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible. And we'll get to next year and Cummins will still be assigned games and Annesley will still say it was right.

Fortunately, Bathurst is this weekend (c'mon Lowndsey, don't rebreak my already broken heart!) and the Grand Prix of figure skating starts the weekend after. If I didn't have those, I would probably dwell on this for too long.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

raiderskater wrote: October 11, 2019, 8:41 pm I'm still upset that there will be no repercussions. The NRL want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible. And we'll get to next year and Cummins will still be assigned games and Annesley will still say it was right.

Fortunately, Bathurst is this weekend (c'mon Lowndsey, don't rebreak my already broken heart!) and the Grand Prix of figure skating starts the weekend after. If I didn't have those, I would probably dwell on this for too long.
What do you want to happen?

Cummins to face a public stoning in Civic Square.

The reality is next season the NRL will pick the best referees available. One of those will probably be Ben Cummins.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Dusty wrote: October 11, 2019, 10:10 am
pickles wrote:I'd really encourage those that are sad about the result to focus on all of the positive things about this season. It really was an amazing journey and although we just fell short of a premiership we got to be a part of something this club hasn't achieved for 25 years. I can really see us going on from here and being a seriously competitive club for the next 5 years and winning the premiership we all long for.

Good post.
I am very proud of our team and the season they put together. The positives so far outweigh the negatives. I am disappointed but I definitely enjoyed the ride. I guess the ride wouldn’t be so enjoyable if we didn’t invest our emotions into it though.

I agree, good post, but the reality is when you get that close it is impossible to think “what could have been”.

It was an amazing ride and we do look to be set up well for the future, but I know how big a mountain it was to climb to get there. There are never any guarantees we will get that opportunity again.
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

Well I've been down all week and while I consider myself a strong supporter, I know there are many of you who are much more fanatical than me, and it means so much more. So when I am going through this pain that has been this week, I can't imagine how you feel.
I almost started a post on Monday to support those who were struggling but I didn't have the right words to say. I didn't want to go to work on Tuesday but I did. I work with a rooster supporter and I tried to congratulate her. She cut me off and said..you know what, I completely understand if you want to vent about the game, it was not right, the raiders will be there next year....Even today someone brought it up and I politely told them I didn't wan to talk about it. Some say it is just a game but for so many it means much more, and I understand. People I know keep saying, you'll be in the GF next year but the reality is we really don't know what will happen, we are not guaranteed anything. I'm sure I'll come good with time but for anyone else out there struggling, just know that you are not alone. I apologise for my little rant, I have to constantly remind myself that it is just a agme
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Bay53 wrote: October 11, 2019, 8:46 pm
raiderskater wrote: October 11, 2019, 8:41 pm I'm still upset that there will be no repercussions. The NRL want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible. And we'll get to next year and Cummins will still be assigned games and Annesley will still say it was right.

The reality is next season the NRL will pick the best referees available. One of those will probably be Ben Cummins.
The NRL to admit that there was an error. Cummins to be demoted. Clear steps taken to ensure this never happens again.

Instead we've got the NRL bleating that it's correct in spite of it being against their own rules, and Cummins will most certainly be chosen for round 1 in spite of not only his huge error but his LYING about it.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

All I know is I've got 5+ loooooong months till the boys get another chance..

I've kicked stones, the way it finished for us was real deflating.

I haven't watched a replay..and I won't.

But thanks for a fantastic ride in 2019, stay well, rip into preseason..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‪‘Six again’: the refereeing blunder that cost the Raiders
Tim Gavel

Raiders players and fans have every right to feel gutted in the wake of the Grand Final loss.

Sitting in the crowd you could almost feel the air go out of the balloon as the referee made that crucial decision on the controversial ‘six again’ ruling.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/six-again-the-r ... h.twitter‬
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

raiderskater wrote:
Bay53 wrote: October 11, 2019, 8:46 pm

The NRL to admit that there was an error. Cummins to be demoted. Clear steps taken to ensure this never happens again.

Instead we've got the NRL bleating that it's correct in spite of it being against their own rules, and Cummins will most certainly be chosen for round 1 in spite of not only his huge error but his LYING about it.
I want to see
1. The nrl to admit they stuffed up, instead of saying we got it right and ignoring their own rule book

2. Cummins to admit he said 6 again and not lie about it

3. The Roosters trainer fined and stood down

4. A public apology to the raiders and fans

5. An undisclosed sum of money paid to the raiders- roosters get a large amount for "winning" when they didn't clearly win so share it

Then I will be happy

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated