I just finished watching it
Keen to see how others feel about it

I’ve got a very strong take
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Northern Raider »

Just finished End Game. What's the rule about spoilers on this thread?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Give it 3hrs and I can chime in.
Hmm, would it be worth having an Avengers thread to seperate the spoilers?
It’s moments like these we need a spoiler button

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Darth Vader is really Luke Skywalker's father
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 24, 2019, 1:37 pm Give it 3hrs and I can chime in.
Hmm, would it be worth having an Avengers thread to seperate the spoilers?
It’s moments like these we need a spoiler button

Good idea
When you get out and are ready, start a thread and let’s talk about it!
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Northern Raider wrote:Darth Vader is really Luke Skywalker's father
Spoilers!!!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched The Fortune Cookie, with Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau... a Billy Wilder film. I am not certain I've watched it in its entirety before. I might have watched it a long time ago. But what a great film it is. It was on Fox Classics... might still be available.

Nice NFL background for those who like that.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So, Robert Pattinson is the new Batman. Thoughts?

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I watched Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile on Netflix today. Thought the leads were very good, but somehow too much was crammed into a couple of hours. I wonder what the people who make Amercian Crime Story might have done with the material. Watched the documentary series, Conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes afterwards... and it was much better. The subject matter is horrific of course.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched First Man. Ryan Gosling outstanding as he always is. The film probably wanted to be more important and impactful than it was. But it was brilliantly filmed. Enjoyed it.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Just watched First Man. Ryan Gosling outstanding as he always is. The film probably wanted to be more important and impactful than it was. But it was brilliantly filmed. Enjoyed it.
I’m with you in the good film but not great film category. Great casting throughout.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Recorded "The Right Stuff" from Saturday night on Fox Classics... I've watched this film many times, the photography and music are perfect. It is one of those films you can watch over and over. One of my favourite moments ever in film is when the astronauts walk down a corridor in space suits, to the most rousing part of the score, as they determine that a man must now go up.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Just watched Icarus on Netflix. Really interesting documentary. 2 things amaze me about it

1. The fact the filmmaker just stumbles into one of the greatest doping scandals of all time

2. If Russia are willing to go to those lengths to win medals, what other levels of corruption are they involved in?

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Kept the Netflix doco vibe going and watched “Behind the curve” which was a doco following around some Flat Earthers.
It was good. Definitely not what I was expecting. I walked away from it feeling for these people, it was less about believing the earth was flat, and more about a group of social outcasts creating a community where they’re accepted.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Watched Aquaman last night on Netflix. Is this the worst superhero movie of all time? I can't stand Spider-Man as a character but even his films have decent moments. Aquaman is just truly awful.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:01 am Watched Aquaman last night on Netflix. Is this the worst superhero movie of all time? I can't stand Spider-Man as a character but even his films have decent moments. Aquaman is just truly awful.

I watched it on the plane over to Fiji a few months ago. Just utterly dreadful :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: October 2, 2019, 3:35 pm
gergreg wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:01 am Watched Aquaman last night on Netflix. Is this the worst superhero movie of all time? I can't stand Spider-Man as a character but even his films have decent moments. Aquaman is just truly awful.

I watched it on the plane over to Fiji a few months ago. Just utterly dreadful :lol:
I've not seen it. Surely it can't be as big a balls up as Batman v Superman.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I haven’t see that mess
But I did see justice league and all that dc stuff is horrifically bad

Though this new joker thing looks VERY interesting
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched "Beautiful Boy" on Amazon... it is probably elsewhere too. I've been putting off watching it, as I knew it would be difficult to watch, and it was. Great performances from the two leads, however, and it is an underrated film. Timothee Chalamet really is a great actor.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Took Boney Jr and one of his mates to ford vs Ferrari, pretty epic if you love cars, racing or the legendary gt40/Carroll Shelby

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched “Marriage Story” on Netflix today. Great film, amazing performances.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:Watched “Marriage Story” on Netflix today. Great film, amazing performances.
I’ve heard it’s a great “Snuggle up on the couch with a loved one” kind of movie

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 9, 2019, 5:51 pm
greeneyed wrote:Watched “Marriage Story” on Netflix today. Great film, amazing performances.
I’ve heard it’s a great “Snuggle up on the couch with a loved one” kind of movie
Not really. About a marriage break up and divorce.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: December 9, 2019, 6:01 pm
We'll that sounds fun
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:
So... it’s not?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 11, 2019, 8:28 am
greeneyed wrote:
So... it’s not?
If you snuggled on a couch watching Kramer versus Kramer, you will for this one too.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Rise of Skywalker in cinemas today. Part of me wants to go ASAP so to avoid any spoilers the will inevitably leak through via social media. Another part of me doesn't want to rush out after wasting 2 hours of my life watching Last Jedi and leaving the cinema totally disatisfied and perplexed by what I'd just seen.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I went to the midnight screening and I really enjoyed it

I also think the Last Jedi is the biggest pile of crap ever written if that helps you make your decision?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I have to wait till Saturday morning, damn people peopling on my time

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I saw it today.
Thought they did a good job of trying to make something out of the absolute **** soup they were handed.

In a vaccum and if you ignore the stuff they do that they are kind of forced into doing to retcon the Bull from the last disaster, it's a pretty good star wars movie.
Unfortunately though, those things prevent it from being able to ascend to the next level. There is only a certain level this could get to give where it had to begin

If only Rian Johnson was handcuffed to a radiator in some dudes basement, and someone else was given the reigns for TLJ
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Confession time - I haven’t seen any of the Star Wars series.

It’s a minor goal of mine next year

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

It sounds positive. I'll still go in with muted expectations this time. Critics were telling us The Last Jedi was "best Star Wars ever" so I was left very empty after seeing it. Fact is it totally derailed this final trilogy.

You could legitimately watch episodes 1-7 then replace episode 8 with that rolling text preamble at the start of episode 9.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ive spoken about this with Nickman today and we're both in agreement

If you put Ep 8 into a rocket and fired it into the sun, and gave the Ep 9 plot 2 full movies to flesh things from the Ep 9 about a bit, the final trilogy would be pretty bloody good
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:Ive spoken about this with Nickman today and we're both in agreement

If you put Ep 8 into a rocket and fired it into the sun, and gave the Ep 9 plot 2 full movies to flesh things from the Ep 9 about a bit, the final trilogy would be pretty bloody good
Put the episode in a cannon maybe?

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:30 pm Ive spoken about this with Nickman today and we're both in agreement

This is the thing. It's a trilogy meant to be closing out a previous trilogy. Last Jedi threw everything out the window that was established in Force Awakens. Basically lost all continuity of story. Rian Johnson has copped most of the flak but the fault really lies with studio execs who decided to bring in a whole new writing and production team for the 2nd installment. Story became a make it up as you go.