Let’s get behind Erin Molan

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Although she can be frustrating at times (like everyone can be), I think we should get behind Erin Molan. She is a Raiders supporter through and through and we always support our own no matter what the circumstances!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/erin- ... 99f02e761e

So we support you Erin, tell those trolls where to go and hold your head high! We are grand final bound
Last edited by LastRaider on October 2, 2019, 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Let’s get behind Erin Molan

Post by -PJ- »

I can't see myself behind Erin Molan.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I don’t get what people don’t like about her TBH
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Beejay wrote:I don’t get what people don’t like about her TBH
From what I can gather it’s generally fans of the Fatty Show that are generating all this hate toward her, and AFAIC, they’re probably the lowest of the low as far as people go anyway.

It appears to me as nothing more than straight out sexism, she’s alway come across as knowledgeable and quite likeable to me.

If any so-called dispute is ACTUALLY happening between her and Andrew Johns, I’m in Erin’s corner 100% of the time.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Beejay wrote: October 2, 2019, 7:12 am I don’t get what people don’t like about her TBH
She's a woman, who knows and likes rugby league and is more articulate than the ex-players on the panel. (Not that it's hard when you're standing next to Andrew Johns.)

If you ever watch the shows with her, she has a torrid time. The men constantly talk over her, or ignore her. Not to mention it must be lonely being the only Raiders fan in the joint.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

It’s funny, all the brain dead numpties that give it to her use this one quote as their reason for dislike “she has no idea what she’s talking about”
Whereas I thought when she joined the footy show she was about the only one talking footy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

raiderskater wrote: October 2, 2019, 7:42 am
Beejay wrote: October 2, 2019, 7:12 am I don’t get what people don’t like about her TBH
She's a woman, who knows and likes rugby league and is more articulate than the ex-players on the panel. (Not that it's hard when you're standing next to Andrew Johns.)

If you ever watch the shows with her, she has a torrid time. The men constantly talk over her, or ignore her. Not to mention it must be lonely being the only Raiders fan in the joint.
Plenty of women on the Fox League list who don't attract the same response.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Her Dad is an absolute piece of work, but nothing against Erin. I thought she was a pretty good pundit?
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:

Yeah, but not a lot of fans of the Fatty Show probably watch Fox if they can avoid it

Whenever I watch sport with my dad he always says to me “why do they have to have a woman on every one of these panels now?” I always say “why the **** not? Go back to the last century if you hate it so much”
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

She can be a bit goofy and awkward at times to watch to be honest, a bit cringe worthy. But I don’t watch 9 these days since the Fox Channel came on board.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Brew wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:17 am
She can be a bit goofy and awkward at times to watch to be honest, a bit cringe worthy. But I don’t watch 9 these days since the Fox Channel came on board.
To me she's never looked comfortable or natural in the role. Seems rather stilted and forced. Hearing her on the radio and she's far more relaxed and confident. This could easily be the result of the environment she's in at Ch9.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Northern Raider wrote: October 2, 2019, 7:57 am

They do, to a lesser degree. Anything that has the women presenters - Yvonne Sampson, for example - the comments will be filled with remarks about her looks. Not about anything she has to say. She's reduced to window-dressing to these people.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

raiderskater wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:41 am

They do, to a lesser degree. Anything that has the women presenters - Yvonne Sampson, for example - the comments will be filled with remarks about her looks. Not about anything she has to say. She's reduced to window-dressing to these people.
This is not the exclusive domain of female presenters. Male presenters aren't immune to negative online comments either. Only have to read some of the things written about them on this forum to see that.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: October 2, 2019, 7:30 am
From what I can gather it’s generally fans of the Fatty Show that are generating all this hate toward her, and AFAIC, they’re probably the lowest of the low as far as people go anyway.

It appears to me as nothing more than straight out sexism, she’s alway come across as knowledgeable and quite likeable to me.

If any so-called dispute is ACTUALLY happening between her and Andrew Johns, I’m in Erin’s corner 100% of the time.
Yeah, apparently Erin Molan is the reason the footy show died... and the fans of that show, albeit there arent many of them, seem to blame her
But the simple fact was that show was on borrowed time a full DECADE before Molan even stepped into the role. She was brought in to attempt to save it at the last moment and couldnt. And nor could anyone btw, the show was beyond saving. Paul Vautin and his men has buried the show so far underground that death itself had trouble finding it

This was a show which gleefully danced a line of sexist, misogynist slap stick comedy, and the core audience that watched it, as fleeting and dwindling as it was, supported that brand... so in come Erin and shortly there after the show is canned... so now these **** **** get some pretty blond girl to go to town on and get their **** sexist shots up on. Because she killed the show. Its just straight up misogynist Bull, if my daughter was ever involved in any TV related ****, i reckon id push as hard as i could as a father to keep her off social media... it's just a **** cesspool for women.
Last edited by Botman on October 2, 2019, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Northern Raider wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:45 am
raiderskater wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:41 am

This is not the exclusive domain of female presenters. Male presenters aren't immune to negative online comments either. Only have to read some of the things written about them on this forum to see that.
What? That has nothing to do with what I just said.

My point is that just like Erin, the Fox women don't get taken seriously by the general footy public. There aren't comments about their analysis, or their commentary, or their stories. If there are, it's a very tiny percentage. The majority of comments are about their looks, how much the commenter wants to have sex with them, etc, etc.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

raiderstaker is right
People **** on Gould, Johns, Warren, etc all , but it's never generally about their looks or whatever... it's about the quality of their contribution and what they offer the audience... which is not **** much btw...

if that was the criticism leveled at Vonnie or Erin, i wouldnt care... these women, they are criticised for their looks, they are unfairly judged as "not knowing footy" when most of them know it better and articulate it better than the male colleagues next to them... and then there is the next level where guys are constantly making sexist remarks about them, and saynig they're only where they are because they **** their way there or whatever

It's simply rubbish to try and compare the criticism that male presenters on footy programs receive against their female colleagues. It's apples and planets.

Edit: One my favourite things is to ask someone who hates Erin Molan or Vonnie or anyone, why they hate them... and the answer is always "they dont know footy!" and i ask for a specific example of a bad piece of analysis that shows their lack of understanding of the game and not one time has anyone been able to give me an answer outside of "how are they supposed to know the game when they havent played it!"

Yeah, ok, champ. Good stuff.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'll put it this way. I think Vonnie is a far better TV presenter than Erin in their current roles.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Northern Raider wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:11 am I'll put it this way. I think Vonnie is a far better TV presenter than Erin in their current roles.
And yet when people comment on her, it's always about her looks.

Why are you being so obtuse about this?

Erin is a far better presenter than Johns, or Gould, or Vautin. But those three are treated like messiahs and Erin is just the "dumb blonde bimbo" to far too many.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yeah nah
Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:11 am I'll put it this way. I think Vonnie is a far better TV presenter than Erin in their current roles.

Erin is a far better presenter than Johns, or Gould, or Vautin. But those three are treated like messiahs and Erin is just the "dumb blonde bimbo" to far too many.
delusional
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha boney and NR firmly in the category of middle aged white men who don't quite understand what the fuss is all about it seems.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:35 am
raiderskater wrote:

delusional
Who is delusional?? She is ABSOLUTELY better than Johns, Gould or Vautin when it comes to presenting or even speaking for that matter.

And her knowledge of the game doesn't seem bad at all. Like Pig said, where is all this "she doesn't even know what she's talking about" button mashing even come from?? People who enjoyed watching Fatty dressed up in drag wobbling his head at the "Big Marn" decked out in blackface??
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And she might be.. i think i'd probably agree with that. I think Vonnie is excellent. I think Molan is better than any of the other **** idiots on 9, but she wouldnt be my favourite TV presenter. She's ok imo.

But the critics levelled at women in this industry are just ridiculous and straight up misogynistic in 90% of the cases...

It maybe that you dont like Molan because you think she's just a bad TV presenter or you dont like her footy views... i dont know

but i know if thats you, you're in the minority and the vast majority of people who dont like her, dont because she's a woman speaking on a mans game and they just want to crack jokes about her being EDIT or whatever... there is no denying that.
Last edited by Botman on October 2, 2019, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Rickman wrote:
bonehead wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:35 am
raiderskater wrote:

delusional
Who is delusional?? She is ABSOLUTELY better than Johns, Gould or Vautin when it comes to presenting or even speaking for that matter.

And her knowledge of the game doesn't seem bad at all. Like Pig said, where is all this "she doesn't even know what she's talking about" button mashing even come from??
she speaks like a 12yo mate - mind you I haven't watched ch9 in 2yrs not on mute.
Joey is probably the sharpest league brain I've seen, when he's switched on to present he's just brilliant but I don't think he's that into it, more the tactical side rocks his boat.
Yvonne Sampson is imo the best presenter, interviewer where she draws out her guests well - I've never seen this from Erin Molan all I've seen is a cue card reader but hey play the gender card if that's all you've got
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Social media attacks have left Erin Molan 'broken'

Beau Ryan has stepped in to defend Erin Molan after she was was targeted by trolls over reports she is locked in a bitter feud with NRL great Andrew Johns - adding that social media attacks have left her 'broken'.

Keyboard warriors took aim at Molan after reports suggested an 'awkward' falling out between the herself and Johns was the reason the rugby league immortal has been absent from Chanel Nine's Friday night football commentary team.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment ... spartanntp

Somebody out there want to tell me how ANY of this is right?? **** social media is the home of the worst people on the planet.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

:roflmao I’ve deadset heard it all now.

Are people honestly suggesting Molan adds more value than Gould or Johns?

Sensational stuff.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Erin Molan is not good at her job. She simply has the position she has so as to provide good optics for Channel 9 - showing they value female input on their network. Sampson, Barnard, Hollis, etc.
are all very good - they should poach one of them instead.

That being said, the online attacks towards her are disgraceful. It is not her fault she has been given the position she currently holds.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Rickman wrote:Social media attacks have left Erin Molan 'broken'

Beau Ryan has stepped in to defend Erin Molan after she was was targeted by trolls over reports she is locked in a bitter feud with NRL great Andrew Johns - adding that social media attacks have left her 'broken'.

Keyboard warriors took aim at Molan after reports suggested an 'awkward' falling out between the herself and Johns was the reason the rugby league immortal has been absent from Chanel Nine's Friday night football commentary team.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment ... spartanntp

Somebody out there want to tell me how ANY of this is right?? **** social media is the home of the worst people on the planet.
On this we agree, flat out attacking someone other than Gallen or Dugan is disgusting
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I've never **** liked or had any time for Beau Ryan before this, but good on him for standing up for what is right.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

raiderskater wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:20 am

I haven't read these comments that are "always" about her looks. I'm also not aware of Gould, Johns and Vautin being "messiahs". Gould is a knob, Johns is dribbler and Vautin's shtick got old about 15 years ago.

I'm only giving my own opinion on Erin, which is that I don't think she's that good in her role at Ch9. As I said in an earlier post I don't know if thats her or the environment she is in. If this is being obtuse then so be it.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Wiki Special wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:43 am Erin Molan is not good at her job. She simply has the position she has so as to provide good optics for Channel 9 - showing they value female input on their network. Sampson, Barnard, Hollis, etc.
are all very good - they should poach one of them instead.

That being said, the online attacks towards her are disgraceful. It is not her fault she has been given the position she currently holds.
That’s exactly right.

And Being good at your job (in a public facing media role) means you add value to the product and draw a crowd.

I haven’t heard a single person ever react positively to the fact that Molan is on the tele they’re watching.

As far as I know, Pig/Rick don’t even watch channel 9? They bag the living hell out of it, it would very much surprise me if they do.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Northern Raider wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:46 am
raiderskater wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:20 am

I haven't read these comments that are "always" about her looks. I'm also not aware of Gould, Johns and Vautin being "messiahs". Gould is a knob, Johns is dribbler and Vautin's shtick got old about 15 years ago.

I'm only giving my own opinion on Erin, which is that I don't think she's that good in her role at Ch9. As I said in an earlier post I don't know if thats her or the environment she is in. If this is being obtuse then so be it.
This is a good point regarding environment. She shares a panel with people like Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show. You only have to watch their discussion regarding blowing the horn at the GF on last weeks show to see what level of intellect that show brings (apart from Sterlo and occasionally Wally Lewis). She plays up to that rubbish and is as culpable as the rest. Yvonne Sampson talks football, not blowing a horn innuendo.
Last edited by Wiki Special on October 2, 2019, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yeh raiders wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:43 am :roflmao I’ve deadset heard it all now.

Are people honestly suggesting Molan adds more value than Gould or Johns?

Sensational stuff.
I dont listen to nine much, because they're all ****... but for finals games and SOO footy you're kind of forced too... and those guys havent said a **** word worth listening in any telecast i've watched over the last few years... so Erin wouldnt need to clear a very high bar
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

yeh raiders wrote: October 2, 2019, 9:49 am And Being good at your job (in a public facing media role) means you add value to the product and draw a crowd.

I haven’t heard a single person ever react positively to the fact that Molan is on the tele they’re watching.
But that's societal. You're missing the point. The point is that people's lack of positive reaction to Molan is because she is a woman presenting and commenting on what is seen as traditionally a "man's sport". She's no worse as a presenter than anyone else on that panel.

Trust me, even being just a female fan or participant in a traditionally "male sport" SUCKS, so I can't imagine what it must be like to be trying to be a pundit.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

from my admittedly limited experience with 9... Johns is more interested in talking about the guy he's very clearly and obviously got money on for FTS, and Gould is such a ranting old fool now they actively detract from the product, what very few moments of insight you get are more than covered by all the Bull and nonsense that comes with them, they are a net negative. Molan is a just a decent enough presenter who doesnt offer much but doesnt detract from the product

Gould who actually makes me want to turn my tv off, i mean honestly he is the worst **** media person on television right now and it's not remotely close... just some bitter old fool yelling at the clouds. A genuine **** **** who offers the viewing public nothing of any value.
Then Johns who makes me shake my head and wonder how many schooners he's had before the telecast started, and Molan who just does her job and is barely noticable.

So maybe Molan isnt adding more, but rather detracting least.