Status check

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Status check

Post by -PJ- »

I bet my boss hopes Canberra don't win the Grand Final..

He has been warned.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

It wasn’t until I saw the win against Melbourne that I realised I really needed to see it.
There’s been plenty of times over the years I’ve had blind faith. Even at the beginning of this year I strongly believed we had a top 4 squad with the right coach.

Every time we have come up against the top teams we’ve been in the game. When the rabbits were the benchmark, we dropped the ball over the line to win. Both games against the Roosters we were so close to winning. We had every chance.
But as close as you may be, there’s something about not winning these games that leaves the doubt.
I believed. But I didn’t realise I could believe more, if that makes sense.

That win against Melbourne should be good for everyone. Supporters will go crazy now. But the players can enter the final 10mins of the big games knowing they can do it from experience.

This is going to be one hell of a ride.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I think the game this weekend against Manly is huge.
Win and we lock up a top 4 spot as well as exorcise any demons about beating top teams at home.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Top 4 ladies and gents.

Life is good.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Our last 6 games:

@ Panthers: Coming off a 7 game winning streak. We beat them like a drum.
@ Warriors: 5 day turnaround, travelling OS, after a huge season defining win. Back it up and then some.
vs Roosters: Jack Wighton and Aiden Sezer both pulled down in the dying minutes INCHES short of potential game winning tries
@ Storm: came from 18-0 down, having played with 12 men for 20 minutes of the game. Big win.
vs Manly: Strong performance, that required an 8 point try from a player offside... this team just lost Tom T for the year
@Cronulla: Gallen's fairwell, sold out crowd, backs against the wall, down 12-0 at halftime.

THat's as tough a period of footy as i think anyone this season has played and we were an inch and call away from 6-0.
I dont know if we will win the comp (i've made my thoughts clear that i think we will but i dont know that), but anyone saying we cant win it is a damn fool.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:33 pm Our last 6 games:

@ Warriors: 5 day turnaround, travelling OS, after a huge season defining win. Back it up and then some.
vs Roosters: Jack Wighton and Aiden Sezer both pulled down in the dying minutes INCHES short of potential game winning tries
@ Storm: came from 18-0 down, having played with 12 men for 20 minutes of the game. Big win.
vs Manly: Strong performance, that required an 8 point try from a player offside... this team just lost Tom T for the year
@Cronulla: Gallen's fairwell, sold out crowd, backs against the wall, down 12-0 at halftime.

THat's as tough a period of footy as i think anyone this season has played and we were an inch and call away from 6-0.
I dont know if we will win the comp (i've made my thoughts clear that i think we will but i dont know that), but anyone saying we cant win it is a damn fool.
Nah, Raiders are just making up the numbers in the finals. Melbourne blew an 18 point lead against us so they can't win either. Roosters were a bee's from losing to us so rules them out too. Manly only won because of the 8 point try that should have been disallowed so they're gone. The more you think about it we can only conclude that no team will win the premiership this year. Be the first time that's happened since 2009.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:33 pm Our last 6 games:

It’s funny how we call for the team to show composure but when we go 8 points down in a game the team is called pretenders and written off for all time. It’s been a brilliant season that has built steadily and we are as well placed as anyone. I wouldn’t bet my house on is winning but I wouldn’t bet against us either! Big big chance here.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

raiderskater wrote: September 1, 2019, 10:16 pm Status: deceased from heart attack.
:lol:
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Over the past month have back from three tries down to win, twice, against good opposition - away from home in hostile enviroments.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, we are right in this comp.

The coach just needs to tell Hodgo that there are 12 other perfectly capable players out there that he can rely on. Especially in the first 20 minutes of the game.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Boys and Girls, Its prelim week.

For the first time I can remember, we have taken the direct route to week 3 of the finals, and this Friday we are hosting potentially the biggest game in our recent history at home.

We are playing what is generally seen to be the weakest team remaining int eh finals, and the 2 biggest hitters in the comp are going to belt the crap out of each other on Saturday.

We really could not have asked for anything better - and WE were the reason the finals draw has ended up falling the way it has - by beating the team who has made THE LAST 3 GRAND FINALS at home.

The rest is up to the boys. Keep their heads in the game - and anything is possible.

#Idreamgreen2019
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

#constantwood
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Coastalraider wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:23 am Boys and Girls, Its prelim week.

For the first time I can remember, we have taken the direct route to week 3 of the finals, and this Friday we are hosting potentially the biggest game in our recent history at home.

We are playing what is generally seen to be the weakest team remaining int eh finals, and the 2 biggest hitters in the comp are going to belt the crap out of each other on Saturday.

We really could not have asked for anything better - and WE were the reason the finals draw has ended up falling the way it has - by beating the team who has made THE LAST 3 GRAND FINALS at home.

The rest is up to the boys. Keep their heads in the game - and anything is possible.

#Idreamgreen2019
It's really got that feeling doesn't it?
I was told by raiders fans at work i was mad for going to melbourne last week to watch the game, they would touch us up, especially after the warriors game (which i would almost be inclined we didn't have a whole lot of care for winning).
I just said, the way we defend, they can not score tries on us through the middle and barely on the edges, our defense nullifies melbourne's attack.
I'm confident I was right on that.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Emotional, happy, shocked and proud.

We've been top 4 all year. It wasn't until we beat Sharks at Peptide Park I started to dream about winning the 2019 premiership. I've cried a lot the past few weeks. The planets are aligning, I'm feeling it and have since Cronulla.

Congrats the Stick, the coaching staff and ALL the glorious green bastards who have contributed.

We have one more dance to attend, give it your all..and thank you !

Whatever the result on Sunday you've put smiles on our faces and plenty of tears.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: September 30, 2019, 6:57 am Emotional, happy, shocked and proud.

We've been top 4 all year. It wasn't until we beat Sharks at Peptide Park I started to dream about winning the 2019 premiership. I've cried a lot the past few weeks. The planets are aligning, I'm feeling it and have since Cronulla.

Congrats the Stick, the coaching staff and ALL the glorious green bastards who have contributed.

We have one more dance to attend, give it your all..and thank you !

Whatever the result on Sunday you've put smiles on our faces and plenty of tears.
Well said PJ.

I’m really going to soak this week in.

Can’t wait for Sunday.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

not a member this year, couldn't get to a game, only watched the 2 finals start to finish all season - I found the key!

soaking it in, trying to to have a heart attack or stroke.

Pride swelling the chest.
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm heading into work after lunch..arvo this week.

And once again I'll get"how are those Raiders goin?"

I've been telling these pelicans for weeks..

"I think the Canberra Raiders are going to win the Grand Final"