4%

Total votes: 23

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

Is the hair puller ok ?

I heard he went off for concussion and didn't return.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

a lot of green getting around town

Bandwagon is full steam ahead

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-PJ- wrote:Is the hair puller ok ?

I heard he went off for concussion and didn't return.
Should be alright. Hit didn’t look too bad and he only didn’t return because he went for his HIA with about 5 mins to go.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Battle of Britain set to erupt on Canberra Raiders big night

The Battle of Britain is set to erupt both on and off Canberra Stadium on Friday night. The Canberra Raiders boast four Englishmen in their ranks, while the South Sydney Rabbitohs have three.

"I think my brother and my grandmother are going to come out closer to the final [should the Raiders qualify for the Grand Final], and my daughter [Millie] is going to try to come out as well, but with school it's a bit harder," John Bateman said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart expects Nick Cotric to face South Sydney Rabbitohs in Preliminary Final

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is confident young gun Nick Cotric will be fit for the biggest game in Canberra Stadium history.

"He's alright. He's OK. The swelling's going down, but I'll check on that early next week," Stuart said. "Yeah I do [expect him to play]. I expect him to be fine."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

I'm Bate Man wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:38 pm
Crusader wrote:Cody Walker likely to be suspended for punching. Tapine copped it, So should he

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And Cook should be looked as for work on the eyes as well.

Well the NRL said no player has been charged so yet C Walker and L Knight will play.
It was Knight not Cook with the hands on the face, typical double standards.
The NRL want a Roosters vs Storm and the Roosters win win back to back another little fairy tale come true for the NRL. Just like they wanted the Sharks to win in 2016, aught drug cheating in the two years leading up to the 2016 GF and the NRL did nothing.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

My maths is pretty bad, but Parra beat Broncos by 60 odd, and now 20 minutes in the Storm are pumping them by lots - So given our ability to regularly knock off the storm for fun, I’d say that makes us a 100 point better team than the Broncos 😁
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

:rant
tonight started off so good with that prick eddie mcguire and collingwood getting knocked out.... now the only thing stopping another cheating storm grubby grand final is the mighty raiders, souths, or the roosters. just shows how good we are traveling, knocking off the cheating scumbags twice now.... also shows how pathetic the broncos are getting smashed by parra :clap:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Paul Kent tipping a Raiders v Melbourne grand final. Surely we start favourites in that one?
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

Billy Walker wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:09 pm Paul Kent tipping a Raiders v Melbourne grand final. Surely we start favourites in that one?
Kenty is a jibberer... I wouldnt take anything he says seriously.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Benji reckons the Raiders win the whole thing. Apparently our defence scares other teams.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

reptar wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:20 pm Benji reckons the Raiders win the whole thing. Apparently our defence scares other teams.
Benji has always had a soft spot for us for some reason.... unlike Finch, who also for some reason hates us, despite the fact he played with us. :?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Benji probably has a soft spot for us because he’d constantly run circles around us.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

Manbush wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:34 pm Benji probably has a soft spot for us because he’d constantly run circles around us.
:lol:
true... having a 98% winning record against us, he probably just feels sorry for us at this point.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Lucky wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:13 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:09 pm Paul Kent tipping a Raiders v Melbourne grand final. Surely we start favourites in that one?
Kenty is a jibberer... I wouldnt take anything he says seriously.
Gee the NRL would be thrilled about a non Sydney or Brisbane team final.
greeneyed
Don Furner

2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Brett Finch and Bryan Fletcher are tipping the Rabbitohs.

Finch really doesn’t like Canberra does he?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

If funch tipped the bunnies we are specials
Dopium
Peter Jackson

Post by Dopium »

Hi GH - it's been a while.

Friday will be the first home game I've missed all year.

Not coincidentally, it is also the due date for the birth of my first child.

After we got the positive some 9 months ago, and we did the maths, I joked to my wife that - of course - this will be the year that the Raiders go all the way, and we'll either be preoccupied in a birthing suite, or watching them win it all red-eyed and sleep-deprived from home. Didn't actually think they'd get this far. So much so that when we announced the baby to my parents by presenting them with a teeny-tiny infant-sized Raiders' suit and beanie, I said "We'll have to wait until next season before he/she can actually wear it for a game." The fact that my son/daughter might be able to put that suit on for a grand final this year makes me immeasurably happy.

Not there yet though.

Being the legend she is, my wife gave me the all clear to go on Friday night. Obviously, I'm not going to. She also encouraged me to buy a ticket to the grand final. I'm not going to do that either. In either case, if i'm not on level 3 of the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children, i'll be at home screaming the house down, potentially giving my kid a crash course on what it means to be a Raiders fan.

Get extra loud for me out there Friday night guys. Go you Raiders.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Dopium wrote: September 22, 2019, 12:51 am Hi GH - it's been a while.

After we got the positive some 9 months ago, and we did the maths, I joked to my wife that - of course - this will be the year that the Raiders go all the way, and we'll either be preoccupied in a birthing suite, or watching them win it all red-eyed and sleep-deprived from home. Didn't actually think they'd get this far. So much so that when we announced the baby to my parents by presenting them with a teeny-tiny infant-sized Raiders' suit and beanie, I said "We'll have to wait until next season before he/she can actually wear it for a game." The fact that my son/daughter might be able to put that suit on for a grand final this year makes me immeasurably happy.

Not there yet though.

Being the legend she is, my wife gave me the all clear to go on Friday night. Obviously, I'm not going to. She also encouraged me to buy a ticket to the grand final. I'm not going to do that either. In either case, if i'm not on level 3 of the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children, i'll be at home screaming the house down, potentially giving my kid a crash course on what it means to be a Raiders fan.

I see the time you're up now. Good luck to you and yours - it won't be from choice from now on!!!

all my kids seemed to be born on state of origin night...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Lucky wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:31 pm
reptar wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:20 pm Benji reckons the Raiders win the whole thing. Apparently our defence scares other teams.
Benji has always had a soft spot for us for some reason.... unlike Finch, who also for some reason hates us, despite the fact he played with us. :?
Not sure if you were around in those days but the short story is Finch was (arguably) booed off the park at Canberra stadium as a very young halfback after taking a risky drop out and losing the game. He left the end of that season iirc. It was a bit of a controversy in the game at the time.

Long story- tried to drop out over the sideline in an attempt to get the ball back and win the game. It went wrong and we ended up losing (I can't remember if we were behind or tied at that point anyway). There was booing after the game. Some say it was fans rubbishing Finch (pretty poor if directed at a teenage halfback in his first year), some say they were booing the ref or the circumstance. Certainly Finch and media took it as Finch being booed. So he left with a bad taste in his mouth for the club and the fans.

That's why he hates Raiders.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

BadnMean wrote:
Not sure if you were around in those days but the short story is Finch was (arguably) booed off the park at Canberra stadium as a very young halfback after taking a risky drop out and losing the game. He left the end of that season iirc. It was a bit of a controversy in the game at the time.

Long story- tried to drop out over the sideline in an attempt to get the ball back and win the game. It went wrong and we ended up losing (I can't remember if we were behind or tied at that point anyway). There was booing after the game. Some say it was fans rubbishing Finch (pretty poor if directed at a teenage halfback in his first year), some say they were booing the ref or the circumstance. Certainly Finch and media took it as Finch being booed. So he left with a bad taste in his mouth for the club and the fans.

It was against the Knights. Scores were equal. . We had a 20m restart, he tried for touch from a kick from the optional restart, kicked it out on the full so it was a penalty to the Knights 20m out, right in front. Ballsy play that backfired. If it had bounced before going into touch, it was our scrum feed.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Manbush wrote:Benji probably has a soft spot for us because he’d constantly run circles around us.
He was a raiders fan growing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

BadnMean wrote:

Also the iinfamous game where he won man of the match and the entire stadium stood up and turned their back on him

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

BadnMean wrote:

Fair enough. I'd hate us too.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elcaptcroker wrote: September 22, 2019, 2:29 am
BadnMean wrote:

Also the iinfamous game where he won man of the match and the entire stadium stood up and turned their back on him

I don’t recall boos after that Knights loss, but there certainly was one day when it was announced he had been given “official” Raiders man of the match, which many thought was undeserved. Can’t say I ever recall the “entire stadium” ever stand and “turn their back”? There was a suggestion that the booing was directed at the MOTM decision, not the player. The method of selection of MOTM was actually changed to a SMS vote by the crowd after that day. Suspect there was a view Finch was getting selected in the team before he was ready, and there was favouritism being shown because his father was an employee of the club.

The teams were tied in the game against the Knights and the drop kick went out on the full with seconds left... penalty to the Knights and they won with a penalty goal from in front.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

He actually used to post here a lot but the scumbag filter really riled him up and that’s why he hates the raiders.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Not there yet though.

Congrats to you and Mrs Dopium! Hope all goes well.

Here's to Baby Dopium watching the GF in their cute lil Raiders suit and witnessing their first Raiders premiership! Think of the stories in later years... :clap:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Not there yet though.

Congratulations!! I imagine if it’s a boy he won’t be hard to name. You will just have to decide if you go with first try scorer or Man on the Match. Might be the difference between Chanze Dopium or Josh Dopium.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I'd be running out like this Friday if it were up to me.

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
17. Sutton
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

10. Soliola
14. Simonsson
15. Lui
16. Horsburgh
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Wiki Special wrote:I'd be running out like this Friday if it were up to me.

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
17. Sutton
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

10. Soliola
14. Simonsson
15. Lui
16. Horsburgh
I’m close, I think Tapine from the bench, Sutton to 13 and SIA to start
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: September 22, 2019, 7:00 am

I don’t recall boos after that Knights loss, but there certainly was one day when it was announced he had been given “official” Raiders man of the match, which many thought was undeserved. Can’t say I ever recall the “entire stadium” ever stand and “turn their back”? There was a suggestion that the booing was directed at the MOTM decision, not the player. The method of selection of MOTM was actually changed to a SMS vote by the crowd after that day. Suspect there was a view Finch was getting selected in the team before he was ready, and there was favouritism being shown because his father was an employee of the club.
I was there and there were some boos near me and echoing up from other parts of the stand. I remember I was a bit confused as to why there were boos and discussing it on the way out.

Ah ok, the MOM to a player who just "lost the game" (I don't really enjoy it when the final error in a match gets the blame not the 16 preceding it) could have been the other confusing factor.

From a Finch point of view- I can see why he took it pretty personally. I remember Joey coming out and defending him in the press.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Not there yet though.

All the best to your and your partner, mate

FWIW you’re a making a terrible decision. Kids come and go, prelim finals are special!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Love this vintage footage from the ABC shared in The GH Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987 ... 933832524/

Shed a few tears watching it... I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of the week! Let alone if the Raiders make the Grand Final.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Thinking of making one of those huge flags like the ones that are used in football where the fans stand under it.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

greeneyed wrote: September 21, 2019, 11:06 pm Brett Finch and Bryan Fletcher are tipping the Rabbitohs.

Finch really doesn’t like Canberra does he?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I heard Stick gave him a private almighty spray after his Hudson Young 20 wk gibber on Fox. Noticeably since Finch is anti Raiders. Would love to see him eat **** if we do go all the way.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!