NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

reptar wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:32 pm Which Game Pass should I get? Going to get into it this season
start with the essentials package
It'll get you redzone, the condensed games in 40 (these are where they cut all the **** out and you can rip through a game and see every second of actually footy in about 40 minutes each game) and a bunch of NFL network content

7mate and espn/kayo are getting about 7-8 games a week now on tv here, so that'll cover you for single games most of the time... and just see how you go.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

PigRickman wrote:
reptar wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:32 pm Which Game Pass should I get? Going to get into it this season
start with the essentials package
It'll get you redzone, the condensed games in 40 (these are where they cut all the **** out and you can rip through a game and see every second of actually footy in about 40 minutes each game) and a bunch of NFL network content

7mate and espn/kayo are getting about 7-8 games a week now on tv here, so that'll cover you for single games most of the time... and just see how you go.
I guess they'd have the option to upgrade later anyway. Thanks for the advice!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the AB saga takes another ugly turn.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 12, 2019, 12:50 pm the AB saga takes another ugly turn.
Is this the rape stuff with the former trainer?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:Texans vs Saints was an awesome game.
Just watched the highlights. How long was that last field goal?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Got the trial, have watched Bengals @ Seahawks and Ravens @ Dolphins. I'll watch that Texans game next.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: September 12, 2019, 8:47 pm Got the trial, have watched Bengals @ Seahawks and Ravens @ Dolphins. I'll watch that Texans game next.
Texans vs Saints is a great game
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: September 12, 2019, 9:07 pm
reptar wrote: September 12, 2019, 8:47 pm Got the trial, have watched Bengals @ Seahawks and Ravens @ Dolphins. I'll watch that Texans game next.
That game was a certified BANGER
i felt like the last 7 minutes of that game was almost another game in itself

From Brees throwing darts, to Watson burning the **** earth down, and then the Texans playing softly. Banger. Absolute banger.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

PigRickman wrote:
Matt wrote: September 12, 2019, 9:07 pm
That game was a certified BANGER
i felt like the last 7 minutes of that game was almost another game in itself

From Brees throwing darts, to Watson burning the **** earth down, and then the Texans playing softly. Banger. Absolute banger.
Yeah it was a great finish. Some pretty brutal defence at times, too
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The soft coverage on the final play before the FG was... a firable offence. You cant let them steal 10 yards and turn an unmakable FG into a makable FG.
You play press man, get up in their **** grill, bring extra pressure and make it tough on the QB to make a completion in tight coverage, and if he wants to hold the ball and take a deep shot, you've got men coming for the sack, and if he goes quick, you're playing tight man coverage.

If you get beat in that scenario you get beat, it happens. But you CANT give up 8-10 yards of free space that makes the FG makable. That's the only thing you cant do
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Yup. You got to put pressure on. Go for broke, win the game. If u lose from there it's coz Brees makes a big play
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Injuries to strong safety Derwin James (foot stress fracture), safety Roderic Teamer (hamstring), left tackle Russell Okung (pulmonary embolism), tight end Hunter Henry (knee), wide receivers Mike Williams (knee) and Geremy Davis (hamstring), cornerbacks Michael Davis (hamstring) and Trevor Williams (quadriceps), defensive end Isaac Rochell (concussion), and linebackers Jatavis Brown (ankle) and Denzel Perryman (ankle) have left the Chargers scrambling to fill holes.
Are the Chargers the most injury prone team in history? :doubt: :lol:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Still catching up on week one... Brady had forever each play. Is the Steelers defensive team that bad, or is that normal?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: September 14, 2019, 8:23 am
Injuries to strong safety Derwin James (foot stress fracture), safety Roderic Teamer (hamstring), left tackle Russell Okung (pulmonary embolism), tight end Hunter Henry (knee), wide receivers Mike Williams (knee) and Geremy Davis (hamstring), cornerbacks Michael Davis (hamstring) and Trevor Williams (quadriceps), defensive end Isaac Rochell (concussion), and linebackers Jatavis Brown (ankle) and Denzel Perryman (ankle) have left the Chargers scrambling to fill holes.
Are the Chargers the most injury prone team in history? :doubt: :lol:
I said to a mate a few days ago, the chargers are the Springfeld Power Plant Softball team.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: September 14, 2019, 3:38 pm Still catching up on week one... Brady had forever each play. Is the Steelers defensive team that bad, or is that normal?
Probably not as good as previous yrs, but I certainly didn't think they were that bad.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I feel sorry for QBs who get INTs on their stat sheet after a WR can make a catch. Esp after avoiding the sack.

Anyway...

How 'bout dem Cowboys?!?!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Philly lose a thriller vs Falcons. Wentz made some crazy plays, but that O-Line is gonna get him killed!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Matt wrote:
reptar wrote: September 14, 2019, 3:38 pm Still catching up on week one... Brady had forever each play. Is the Steelers defensive team that bad, or is that normal?
Probably not as good as previous yrs, but I certainly didn't think they were that bad.
Having just seen Seahawks @ Steelers, defence was a lot better than it was against Patriots.

Rookie QB had to come on for Steelers 2nd quarter, he looked composed, but Seahawks game management won the game.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank couldn't watch the end of the tied game. Image
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: September 16, 2019, 2:57 pm Philly lose a thriller vs Falcons. Wentz made some crazy plays, but that O-Line is gonna get him killed!
the OL is fine, Wentz had to hold the ball much longer than he wanted because we lost Goedert, Jackson and Jeffery within minutes of starting the game, and then went with spells without Agholar and then Clement after HT when he was knocked out of the game. Wentz himself ended up in the tent, JP got hurt again. Basically anyone who can make a play got hurt. And he throws the game winning touchdown is Agholar makes a catch that hits him perfectly in stride with the safety already beaten.

Brutal game for philly, the injuries are already begining to mount badly. We're not going to be able to compete if we keep losing guys like we have in the opening 2 games. Even on d, Timmy Jerrigan carted off, Cox and Graham arent 100%, Sidney Jones went into the tent... just remarkable that we were still in that game given how poorly we played and how many injuries we had.

As an aside, i know it's the rules and the rules are designed to protect Carson Wentz, but i'll be **** if i know how a QB diving for the endzone is "giving himself up"... if that two point holds, at the death there we're driving for a game winning FG. Frustrating.
The first half wasnt remotely good enough though, and then to come out and immediately turn it over on the kick off... you're just not going to win NFL games on the road when your turn it over 3 times
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:26 pm
Matt wrote: September 16, 2019, 2:57 pm Philly lose a thriller vs Falcons. Wentz made some crazy plays, but that O-Line is gonna get him killed!
the OL is fine, Wentz had to hold the ball much longer than he wanted because we lost Goedert, Jackson and Jeffery within minutes of starting the game, and then went with spells without Agholar and then Clement after HT when he was knocked out of the game. Wentz himself ended up in the tent, JP got hurt again. Basically anyone who can make a play got hurt. And he throws the game winning touchdown is Agholar makes a catch that hits him perfectly in stride with the safety already beaten.

Brutal game for philly, the injuries are already begining to mount badly. We're not going to be able to compete if we keep losing guys like we have in the opening 2 games. Even on d, Timmy Jerrigan carted off, Cox and Graham arent 100%, Sidney Jones went into the tent... just remarkable that we were still in that game given how poorly we played and how many injuries we had.

As an aside, i know it's the rules and the rules are designed to protect Carson Wentz, but i'll be **** if i know how a QB diving for the endzone is "giving himself up"... if that two point holds, at the death there we're driving for a game winning FG. Frustrating.
The first half wasnt remotely good enough though, and then to come out and immediately turn it over on the kick off... you're just not going to win NFL games on the road when your turn it over 3 times
I was at work, so it was a 1 eyed viewing but, Damn! Massive injury toll. I wish we were playing you next week :-P

I wondered where DJax was, but I saw most of the rest.

I couldn't figure out why Wentz wasn't given the 2pts.

I see Aghalors hands are still questionable as feet.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They changed the rule to protect QB's who cant slide from tearing their knees up, basically a QB running now, as soon as he dives, be it a slide or head first, he's being deemed as giving himself up and ball goes to where his knee/elbow land there after....

This is one of those unforseen consequences of rules. It is what it is, it's disappointing in this specific circumstance but i know it'll help Wentz long term in terms of his health. The eagles had their chances and couldnt get it done. And they'll continue to not get it done if these injuries continue to mount.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 8:31 pm They changed the rule to protect QB's who cant slide from tearing their knees up, basically a QB running now, as soon as he dives, be it a slide or head first, he's being deemed as giving himself up and ball goes to where his knee/elbow land there after....

This is one of those unforseen consequences of rules. It is what it is, it's disappointing in this specific circumstance but i know it'll help Wentz long term in terms of his health. The eagles had their chances and couldnt get it done. And they'll continue to not get it done if these injuries continue to mount.
I get protecting the QB, but I'm still of the opinion that if a QB takes off, he shouldn't be protected. He is a ball runner like anyone else. You want to give yourself up, that's fine, but going head 1st shouldn't be "giving yourself up", that's "going for more".
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yep, i agree, but it doesnt matter much now.
The cowboys finally have a real offence this year, so dropping games like this where we catch a football and win, could really hurt. Curious to see what Jerreh Jones does with Moore/Garrett if this is a really good season for Dallas
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 9:06 pm Yep, i agree, but it doesnt matter much now.
The cowboys finally have a real offence this year, so dropping games like this where we catch a football and win, could really hurt. Curious to see what Jerreh Jones does with Moore/Garrett if this is a really good season for Dallas
Simple really, Wins = Garrett keeps job.

Moore is young and on his 1st shot. Maybe 2-3yrs as a successful OC and who knows?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im telling you this now, if this Cowboys offence produces throughout the season as it is now, they'll need to give him the HC job next year, or lose him to another team
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Just saw a stat, the eagles tonight got 17 combined snaps from Jeffery, Jackson and Goedert
Not great, bob!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 10:03 pm Just saw a stat, the eagles tonight got 17 combined snaps from Jeffery, Jackson and Goedert
Not great, bob!
Woooow
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Big Ben is done for the yr. Having elbow surgery.

Brees a 6wk vacation with his thumb surgery.

Now I read Gallup is have arthrospic surgery on his knee. 2-4wks. Poop!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 9:58 pm Im telling you this now, if this Cowboys offence produces throughout the season as it is now, they'll need to give him the HC job next year, or lose him to another team
It will be interesting. You might be right
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Jets have a brutal schedule after this game... Pats, Eagles, Cowboys, and then Pats again. They’re a good chance of being 0-6

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 17, 2019, 10:38 am Jets have a brutal schedule after this game... Pats, Eagles, Cowboys, and then Pats again. They’re a good chance of being 0-6

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
OOPH!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Minkah Fitzpatrick (Phins) to Steelers, for a 2020 1st rounder... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Anyone catch OBJs wkly 1 hander?!? DAMN!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Did you see Mason Rudolph's game, Matt? 2 TD passes, some great drives. Not bad for first ever NFL game.