Grand Final tickets

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Grand Final tickets

Post by Raidersteve »

Just a basic question but can members buy more than one ticket?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Grand final tickets

Post by gangrenous »

Grand final tickets are already on sale to the public now. You can buy up to 8 at a time.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by LastRaider »

gangrenous wrote:Grand final tickets are already on sale to the public now. You can buy up to 8 at a time.
What bay or area do we book for the Raiders supports area?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Good question, not sure if there’s a plan on that front.

Beyond take over all bays
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

-TW- wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm The ends are club supporter bays

Wherr will Canberra be if we make it?
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

1992 wrote:

I don't think they'll move Canberra for the game, so probably where it is now
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

reptar wrote:
1992 wrote:

I think he means which actual seats should we book
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

LastRaider wrote:
reptar wrote:
1992 wrote:

I think he means which actual seats should we book
Oh right. Well, carry on, then.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

pickles wrote:Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.
To be fair the whole of ANZ is a crap view

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-TW- wrote: September 16, 2019, 1:39 pm
pickles wrote:Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.
To be fair the whole of ANZ is a crap view
So true. 20 year old stadium not made for football. Its a terrible venue for a grand final.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

That's for sure but to sit on a side relatively close to the game you are looking at platinum seats and even then most of the decent ones are either stadium members or corporate. It is becoming more apparent why the grand final isn't on my annual to do list!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Isn’t is square?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: September 16, 2019, 4:57 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Isn’t is square?
No. That's why it **** sucks so much!

You don't get out much Billy, do you??
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 4:59 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 16, 2019, 4:57 pm
Isn’t is square?
No. That's why it **** sucks so much!

You don't get out much Billy, do you??
You do know it’s been reconfigured and can now be set to both oval and rectangular shapes yeah?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Nickman »

It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
Last edited by The Nickman on September 16, 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Round.

Rectangle.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either 😉
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:
The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image
Have you actually been there?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: September 16, 2019, 5:38 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image

Of course he hasn't. He's never been anywhere except school and back.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 5:33 pm Round.

Rectangle.

Looks like someone has googled and realised they forgot its been reconfigured and is doing a little back tracking here :roflmao :roflmao
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Billy Walker wrote:

Sure have 😉
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:

Sure have Image
Then you'd know it's not a **** rectangle

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Typical Nickman BS. I mean it's a rubbish stadium, but it was reconfigured post Olympics and is better than what it is like in that photo.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Typical Nickman BS. I mean it's a rubbish stadium, but it was reconfigured post Olympics and is better than what it is like in that photo.
Absolute garbage. I was there last year and it’s still utter rubbish, and I was in GOOD seats

It’s honestly the worst “rugby league” stadium on the planet

I can only assume this is some weird state of origin thing with you Zaius. You’re such a strange character at times
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
Absolute garbage. I was there last year and it’s still utter rubbish, and I was in GOOD seats

It’s honestly the worst “rugby league” stadium on the planet

I can only assume this is some weird state of origin thing with you Zaius. You’re such a strange character at times
Read my post again you dribbler.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

No! You read it out to me!!

You’re not even my real dad
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

- Seats for the Grand Final originally went on sale many months ago as they do every year. They are still on sale now.
- However the NRL holds back a fair portion of the seats for sale the week of the game. These are mainly at the ends of the ground with each club nominally being allocated an end. They also have category 1 seats etc. Pretty much all on the Eastern side of the ground. Western side at least bottom level, middle level and front part of top level is all ANZ stadium members (of which I am one)
- Sales in the week of the GF will be similar to the other finals in that there is a members period, Telstra period, non-ticketed period etc then public.
- Because the tickets went on sale many months ago when obviously the teams were not known, there are normally plenty of people looking to sell their tickets when their team misses out.
- Unless we maybe play Parramatta, I couldn't see a situation where any Raiders fan who wants to go misses out. It will probably sell out but that will be at the very end of the week. Storm actually have a lot of people come up from Melbourne but if we play them it will be two out of Sydney teams and Roosters having been in it a number of times recently don't tend to take up a huge allocation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Bay53 wrote:For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

- Seats for the Grand Final originally went on sale many months ago as they do every year. They are still on sale now.
- However the NRL holds back a fair portion of the seats for sale the week of the game. These are mainly at the ends of the ground with each club nominally being allocated an end. They also have category 1 seats etc. Pretty much all on the Eastern side of the ground. Western side at least bottom level, middle level and front part of top level is all ANZ stadium members (of which I am one)
- Sales in the week of the GF will be similar to the other finals in that there is a members period, Telstra period, non-ticketed period etc then public.
- Because the tickets went on sale many months ago when obviously the teams were not known, there are normally plenty of people looking to sell their tickets when their team misses out.
- Unless we maybe play Parramatta, I couldn't see a situation where any Raiders fan who wants to go misses out. It will probably sell out but that will be at the very end of the week. Storm actually have a lot of people come up from Melbourne but if we play them it will be two out of Sydney teams and Roosters having been in it a number of times recently don't tend to take up a huge allocation.
Thanks Sean. I’ll be looking for tickets pretty much the second we beat manly in two weeks!
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

The Rickman wrote: September 16, 2019, 6:56 pm
Bay53 wrote:For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

Thanks Sean. I’ll be looking for tickets pretty much the second we beat manly in two weeks!
That is my point. They might not be easy to get straight after the prelim, because they get held back to the next week. They might even go off sale before the prelims from memory. But then I expect everyone who wants one will be able to get one.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Nickman »

I’ve already got my flights booked, but I figure they’re the biggest cost and I can always cancel them and use them again in the future.

But I don’t want to buy tickets and then have to offload them, so I’m just going to have to hope someone will NEEDMEMBERSCODE me when the time comes
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Gee times are a bit tough at my place. We just had quarterly rates and body corporate, car rego and it's my daughters birthday on grand final day and she wanted an expensive new bike for her special day. Then this added grand final expense.
She'll get over it I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017