Canberra Raiders in the race to sign CJ Mundine

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Gorilla
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Gorilla »

Didn't see it posted anywhere but apparently we are interested in CJ Mundine.

Race to sign Mundine Jr

Four NRL clubs are fighting a battle to sign one of the best prospects in rugby league - the son of former Dragons star and world boxing champion Anthony Mundine. CJ Mundine is 18 and starred for the Dragons as a utility back in this year's SG Ball competition.

The Dragons are desperate to keep Mundine junior but are facing stiff opposition from Canberra, the Bulldogs and Titans.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-a ... a0dd64633b

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders in the race to sign CJ Mundine

Post by gangrenous »

Pass
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Would be great if he inherited the old man's talent. Hard pass if he inherited the attitude that comes with it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: September 11, 2019, 8:59 am Would be great if he inherited the old man's talent. Hard pass if he inherited the attitude that comes with it.
Ill 2nd this
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Will Hopoate is a polar opposite to his old man.... there is hope for "CJ"
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Yeah but his old man doesn't inject his profile into everything he can. You sign someone associated with Anthony you also get Anthony.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Yeah that’s true... CJ is probably already being told he’s the 2nd greatest league player of all time.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Retain from within. Bigger opportunities in our current 20’s than externals. Half of our 20’s side are a year young as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

If his dads nickname is “The Man” does that make his nickname “The little man”?
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

BJ wrote: September 11, 2019, 12:24 pm If his dads nickname is “The Man” does that make his nickname “The little man”?
The boy??
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Ronny P wrote: September 11, 2019, 11:53 am Retain from within. Bigger opportunities in our current 20’s than externals. Half of our 20’s side are a year young as it is.

That's been a commonly held approach by our club for many years with very mediocre results. Broadened our recruitment reach in recent times and we're now in the top 4.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I didn't even know Anthony had a kid!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Do yourself a favour and go and watch what we have consistently. Maybe if these kids werent held back by the politics at mounties we would be getting somewhere. Interesting statement you make. Horsborough, Guler, Whighton, Croker, Young, Cotric, Kris ring a bell? Sorry if i missed any others. Majority of those in the past 2 years straight out of our juniors. Smith Sheilds is another one that will be added to that list in the next 12 months and there are potentially 5 or 6 others that are deserving of pre seasons and a year at mounties. Only outside recruiting that has worked for the top 4 are the English lads. Lets hope G Williams isn’t the exception!

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Ronny P wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:23 pm Do yourself a favour and go and watch what we have consistently. Maybe if these kids werent held back by the politics at mounties we would be getting somewhere. Interesting statement you make. Horsborough, Guler, Whighton, Croker, Young, Cotric, Kris ring a bell? Sorry if i missed any others. Majority of those in the past 2 years straight out of our juniors. Smith Sheilds is another one that will be added to that list in the next 12 months and there are potentially 5 or 6 others that are deserving of pre seasons and a year at mounties. Only outside recruiting that has worked for the top 4 are the English lads. Lets hope G Williams isn’t the exception!

Soliola
Lui
Tapine
Leilua
Rapana
CNK
Havili
Simonsson

You sure mate.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:33 pm
Ronny P wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:23 pm Do yourself a favour and go and watch what we have consistently. Maybe if these kids werent held back by the politics at mounties we would be getting somewhere. Interesting statement you make. Horsborough, Guler, Whighton, Croker, Young, Cotric, Kris ring a bell? Sorry if i missed any others. Majority of those in the past 2 years straight out of our juniors. Smith Sheilds is another one that will be added to that list in the next 12 months and there are potentially 5 or 6 others that are deserving of pre seasons and a year at mounties. Only outside recruiting that has worked for the top 4 are the English lads. Lets hope G Williams isn’t the exception!

Soliola
Lui
Tapine
Leilua
Rapana
CNK
Havili
Simonsson

You sure mate.
I enjoy that you left Sezer off the list while including Lui. Knocking old mate out of the park while remaining completely in character at the same time.

Respect.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Sorry I am not “in the know”

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

The Rickman wrote: September 11, 2019, 4:38 pm

Soliola
Lui
Tapine
Leilua
Rapana
CNK
Havili
Simonsson

You sure mate.
I enjoy that you left Sezer off the list while including Lui. Knocking old mate out of the park while remaining completely in character at the same time.

Respect.
:lol:

I enjoy that you're so incredibly paranoid in your fanboism to even make this post. FTR, those I've listed are to me guys we've brought in from the outside who could be deemed as good value and therefore successful recruits.

I've left a couple others out who I think are either too early to pass judgement on or have proven not to be, which includes Sezer.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

No paranoia here, fam! I just think if most people were highlighting a list of recruits that contained Lui, Havili and Simonsson, they'd probably also include Sezer, but you do you, old friend.

You do you.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

afgtnk wrote:

Soliola
Lui
Tapine
Leilua
Rapana
CNK
Havili
Simonsson

You sure mate.

Respect.

I enjoy that you're so incredibly paranoid in your fanboism to even make this post. FTR, those I've listed are to me guys we've brought in from the outside who could be deemed as good value and therefore successful recruits.

I've left a couple others out who I think are either too early to pass judgement on or have proven not to be, which includes Sezer.
Not that i want to get into the middle of the banter but just curious on how many 20’s games you have seen this year?

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Ronny P wrote: September 11, 2019, 5:03 pm
afgtnk wrote:

Soliola
Lui
Tapine
Leilua
Rapana
CNK
Havili
Simonsson

You sure mate.

Respect.

Not that i want to get into the middle of the banter but just curious on how many 20’s games you have seen this year?

Not many, if any.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It is quality banter I must admit, I do love me some afhfghjknnmwowrthfsdg
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Gold!

MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

zim wrote: September 11, 2019, 10:52 am Yeah but his old man doesn't inject his profile into everything he can.
I thought that's all that John Hopoate remains famous for?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

MrPosh wrote: September 11, 2019, 5:12 pm
zim wrote: September 11, 2019, 10:52 am Yeah but his old man doesn't inject his profile into everything he can.
I thought that's all that John Hopoate remains famous for?
Touche :lol:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

All for Mundine and helicopter father Anthony joining the green. The GH is such a balanced and considered forum, it needs a bit more drama added into the mix.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm sure the kid is talented, he might even be a nice kid. But his father will come with him and I don't want that absolute stain of a human being anywhere near our club.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

You do know that Horsburgh was a cowboys jr, Guler was a bunnies jr and young was a knights jr right?
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

All played 20’s here

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 11, 2019, 5:07 pm It is quality banter I must admit, I do love me some afhfghjknnmwowrthfsdg
I did get a chuckle out of that exchange.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:I'm sure the kid is talented, he might even be a nice kid. But his father will come with him and I don't want that absolute stain of a human being anywhere near our club.
Think of him like Alice Cooper, it's an act/character he plays to stay in the limelight- he's actually an incredible man doing amazing things behind the spotlight.
Very very clever, everyone needs a villain.
Edrick The Entertainer
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Interesting. Mundine has always been close to our club for whatever reason. I'm sure the kid is on our radar because his old man rates us highly.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

bonehead wrote: Very very clever, everyone needs a villain.
Is it clever?

I think only half of it’s an act. And it’s not a clever one.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Its an act. He is very smart, and he is a very good citizen.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

"I beleive it's a choice, everything is a choice," he said, before adding that "if you are going to be gay, do it behind closed doors, that is how it used to be."

"If we were to live in a society, just like in Aboriginal culture, that homosexuality is forbidden and you do it and the consequences are capital punishment or death, you think you are going to do it? Or think twice about doing it? Hell no.

"That's the only way to deter the problem... they're not going to be happy until they have primary school kids being gay."

Oh yeah. He’s a marvellous citizen

You’re almost always on the money COM. But well wide of the mark here...
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Not keen
Last edited by Neeeegz on September 11, 2019, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.