gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Hudson Young referred straight to judiciary

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:
Toviii wrote: September 10, 2019, 9:55 pm Image
I don't know, his eye look pretty sore here
Both eyes are closed. Maybe he got the other one too
I think we need to hear from another eyewitness. I call Hudson Youngs index finger to the stand.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

cat wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:01 pm and meanwhile Kane Evans has fallen asleep..........
He’s probably shadow boxing in another room.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:02 pm
cat wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:01 pm and meanwhile Kane Evans has fallen asleep..........
He’s probably shadow boxing in another room.
Underrated comment
God, that vid was astounding haha
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Finch lost all credibility with his hysteria. Matua never had any. You’d think the steroids would have made his pea brain bigger not smaller.
#TheOverheadProjectorSaysNo *cough*
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

In the biggest shock since the sunrise, he's been found guilty

Sentencing now

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Oh well, time to dance around a campfire naked and crack each other's heads open to feast on the goo inside.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OFFICIAL: Hudson Young suspended for eight weeks.

Statement from Hudson Young:

"I just want to thank the panel for a fair hearing, although I'm disappointed with their decision, I'll accept my punishment and learn from it. I'd like to thank Adam [Pompey] and Nick [Ghabar] for speaking on my behalf tonight. It's much appreciated. I'll now focus on returning to training this week and doing everything I can for the team. Thank you."

Canberra Raiders rookie Hudson Young banned for eight games

Raiders rookie Hudson Young has copped an eight-game ban for eye-gouging despite both he and Adam Pompey categorically denying he made any contact with the Warrior's eyes.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/10/rai ... e-gouging/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... son-young/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6590d16554
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Got off easy there

Ghabar done good

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Old School Green wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:06 pm Finch lost all credibility with his hysteria. Matua never had any. You’d think the steroids would have made his pea brain bigger not smaller.
Assuming he had any credibility to begin with.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

-TW- wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:11 pm Got off easy there

Ghabar done good

Best we could have hoped for given how loaded the process was.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:10 pm Hudson Young suspended for eight weeks.
well that was trial by media,

the good news is though
- if we make it to the grand final thats 4 weeks done, 2 trial matches , only 2 weeks left to serve :lol:
Vaccinated
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

So do finals and trials count? Pretty light on really when you factor that in.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Can’t imagine trials count but finals definitely would

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Toviii wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:17 pm Can’t imagine trials count but finals definitely would

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

at least 1 trial counts
Vaccinated
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

GreenMachine wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:13 pm
Old School Green wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:06 pm Finch lost all credibility with his hysteria. Matua never had any. You’d think the steroids would have made his pea brain bigger not smaller.
Assuming he had any credibility to begin with.
A little since the Podcast with Johns. But back to zero now after his BS hysteria and steadfast defence of the ear twister.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Two trials count.

*Correction* ... at least they used to... might only be one now.
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Josh Maquire must be pi$$ing himself laughing
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

8 weeks is a reasonable outcome. Stupid, reckless, grubby act but not as bad as Burgess who got 9 weeks. Little doubt that prior case had an impact on the suspension handed down here.

Could also make a case that this incident was of a lesser nature than what he got 5 weeks for earlier in the season.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

I really feel this was trial by media.
Pompey had nothing to gain by giving a statement that he felt nothing at all at the time. I think he was tricked into agreeing that what happen on the field stays there - he didn’t actually say that himself, but was asked if he agreed with the statement. Then basically, his evidence is thrown out the window because of that!
Anyway, what I’m really concerned about right now, is Hudson Young’s mental state. He was already upset and anxious, and right now, I’d make sure he has a supportive buddy, asking him every day (or more) Are you OK?? I hope the Raiders have a good plan to look after him and help him get through this a stronger, more sensible person.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

So the NRL punishment is 8 matches. What will the Raiders do with the multi-offender? Imo we should get the perpetrators of eye gouges and face rakes out of the game. He had a potential role in our first finals series in 3 years. He chose to be a grub. Tear up his contract or hock him to ESL. He has put an unwanted stain on the lime green jersey.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Nicky G earned his pay check
Very surprised by the that, thought it would land 10-12 for sure
8 is an excellent result for Young
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Green thumbs wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:38 pm I really feel this was trial by media.
Pompey had nothing to gain by giving a statement that he felt nothing at all at the time. I think he was tricked into agreeing that what happen on the field stays there - he didn’t actually say that himself, but was asked if he agreed with the statement. Then basically, his evidence is thrown out the window because of that!
Anyway, what I’m really concerned about right now, is Hudson Young’s mental state. He was already upset and anxious, and right now, I’d make sure he has a supportive buddy, asking him every day (or more) Are you OK?? I hope the Raiders have a good plan to look after him and help him get through this a stronger, more sensible person.
Agree.
Not sure if defence was allowed to clarify Pompey’s remark.
I hope the club get around Hudson and help him overcome this problem he seems to have with facial niggle.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

8 weeks seems fair to me, Burgess got 9 but should have had a lot more.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Hudson Young referred straight to judiciary

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:Two trials count.

Does the World Club challenge count?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Sid wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Two trials count.

Does the World Club challenge count?
Yes

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Enough, shoo shoo. Time to focus on our pasting vs the Storm.

Raiders by 10.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

RedRaider wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:42 pm So the NRL punishment is 8 matches. What will the Raiders do with the multi-offender? Imo we should get the perpetrators of eye gouges and face rakes out of the game. He had a potential role in our first finals series in 3 years. He chose to be a grub. Tear up his contract or hock him to ESL. He has put an unwanted stain on the lime green jersey.
Can we legally just "rip up" a contract? Im sure they all have behavioural clauses and the like but for an on field incident im slightly more doubtful
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm glad the club has done all they can to defend Hudson Young. He's a good young bloke and has been through an awful lot with the media hysteria... and some really horrible "commentary" from people in the media. Heart goes out to him and his family. I think Ricky Stuart will take the right steps from here... I've got every faith that he will and will help Young develop further as a player with the Raiders and as a person. I think the club has done the right thing and will do the right thing.
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

Brett Finch's commentary on HY was deplorable, it's your job as a commentator to stay neutral on everything, I mean, ****. Saying that he deserved to cop a hit to face? It was just so amateur to demonize HY's actions whilst saying he deserved something the NRL is so staunchly trying to removing from the game. I am sick to death of the Fox 24 hour news cycle, it's relentless hysteria, the only good hysteria is def leopards hysteria, photograph is a great song.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

The entire "trial" just shows how pathetic the NRL is...
Pompey also denied any gouging by Young, responding with "no" to repeated questioning about feeling any contact, pressure or pain to his eyes.

"I didn't feel anything at all," Pompey said.

But the youngster appeared to undermine his testimony by saying "yes", when asked by McGrath whether he believed 'what happens on the field should stay on the field?'

NRL judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew in turn told the three-man panel of Mal Cochrane, Dallas Johnson and Tony Puletua to consider whether Pompey’s evidence is “influenced by a sense of loyalty to another professional footballer”.

Ghabar also pointed to Pompey's lack of reaction to the incident immediately afterwards as a mitigating factor.
So basically he was punished because all the evidence, witnesses, said one thing, but they had made up their mind regardless. We don't even need him for the finals, I'm just constantly pissed off at the "inconsistent" (bias) Bull. Waerea-Hargreaves walks free for a hit that could have knocked the last few braincells of another player out. He even gets to face the same guy again a week later, it being a rare occasion where the suspension would have benefited the club who was disadvantaged. It's wall to wall Bull on how this game is run...
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

EVH wrote: September 11, 2019, 2:03 am Brett Finch's commentary on HY was deplorable, it's your job as a commentator to stay neutral on everything, I mean, ****. Saying that he deserved to cop a hit to face? It was just so amateur to demonize HY's actions whilst saying he deserved something the NRL is so staunchly trying to removing from the game. I am sick to death of the Fox 24 hour news cycle, it's relentless hysteria, the only good hysteria is def leopards hysteria, photograph is a great song.

So much for being a role model, Brett Finch must be disappointed because of all the facials (especially on his nose) he copped as a player!! It’s abit hard to miss his long and winding nose!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Azza wrote: September 10, 2019, 10:57 pm Enough, shoo shoo. Time to focus on our pasting vs the Storm.

Raiders by 10.
Couldn’t agree more!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What is all this poor Hudson Bull?
Let me just say I speak with some actual knowledge on this issue. I am vision impaired, have been for over 30 years and will be for the rest of my life. There is simply no place in the game for someone sticking their fingers in the eye region. It is completely unnecessary, this is his third offence. The league should be harsher on all 3 blokes who have done it, noting that all 3 are repeat offenders they should all be sitting out for close to a year. I don't care how good a bloke he might be. He can still be a good bloke not playing rugby league.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: September 11, 2019, 12:32 am I'm glad the club has done all they can to defend Hudson Young. He's a good young bloke and has been through an awful lot with the media hysteria... and some really horrible "commentary" from people in the media. Heart goes out to him and his family. I think Ricky Stuart will take the right steps from here... I've got every faith that he will and will help Young develop further as a player with the Raiders and as a person. I think the club has done the right thing and will do the right thing.
Well said.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Hudson Young referred straight to judiciary

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:What is all this poor Hudson Bull?
Let me just say I speak with some actual knowledge on this issue. I am vision impaired, have been for over 30 years and will be for the rest of my life. There is simply no place in the game for someone sticking their fingers in the eye region. It is completely unnecessary, this is his third offence. The league should be harsher on all 3 blokes who have done it, noting that all 3 are repeat offenders they should all be sitting out for close to a year. I don't care how good a bloke he might be. He can still be a good bloke not playing rugby league.

Very well said, Gerg. I know raiders fans simply love to play the victim in each and every situation, but if you’re looking for the victim in this scenario (other than the player who had the attempted gouge happen to him), it’s the Canberra Raiders club from Hudson Young himself.

We’re talking about a guy who has been suspended twice for this rubbish already, a suspension 99.9% of players never see in their career, who has clearly got a problem, and who has let his teammates, his club and their supporters down on the eve of their biggest game for the year (and possible in decades).

I hope the club stands behind him and supports him, helps him through this tough period and to deal with his obvious issues, but let’s not point the blame at the NRL where it simply doesn’t lie.
Last edited by The Nickman on September 11, 2019, 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.