9%
Warriors 13+
18%

Total votes: 11

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Dr Zaius »

Didn't Maguire get off lightly the first time because the victim refused to complain?
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

I was angry after the game but eye hardly expected to be cheered up by this forum of all things. great round of dad jokes.. Poor performance but new comp next week and we are 4th im happy with that scored a great photo of papas try too.. Our season has been over by now in so many years past can't wait till the next game keep the faith and just hope for the best Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

So, we won last week because of goal kicking, And lost this game because of goal kicking?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

irvste wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:36 pm I was angry after the game but eye hardly expected to be cheered up by this forum of all things. great round of dad jokes.. Poor performance but new comp next week and we are 4th im happy with that scored a great photo of papas try too.. Our season has been over by now in so many years past can't wait till the next game keep the faith and just hope for the best Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Suspect the players will not be dwelling on today for long - focus will already be on Melbourne game. No point us losing sleep over that result. I can see us getting up next week.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:38 pm So, we won last week because of goal kicking, And lost this game because of goal kicking?

Sounds like an INXS song - “sometimes you kick... sometimes you get kicked...”
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I listened to the last 20 minutes of the first half as I drove into the rink and was pretty happy.

I checked my phone between breaks and became pretty unhappy.

Oh well. Melbourne in Melbourne. BRING IT ON.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 2:50 pm
-PJ- wrote:Horsepower

Geez he's been good, I'd say the last 3 weeks.
Yeah, I’m a believer now. He’s got such a good motor, gets through a truckload of work
Didn't you never want Corey Horsburgh to play for the Raiders ever again?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 7, 2019, 4:49 pm
PigRickman wrote:Brett Finch blowing up

Not sure I disagree, that’s appalling
I don't disagree with him, but a few weeks ago he was defending the Storms grubby actions with the same level of enthusiasm.

Eyes are off limits but ears are fair game.
And it is fair game if you're Cameron Smith.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:06 pm The coach didnt care about this game, the club didnt care about this game, half the supporters didnt care about this game. Evidently the players didnt much care about it either. This result isnt indictive of anything other than, we didnt care about it.

The roosters also had a loss the other night, albeit against much better opposition, they were well off their game

So off to Melbourne we go, hopefully we dont spot them 18 points and 20 minutes against 12 men
And that is what clubs that end up generating losing cultures do. The Storm rested players but won. Did what was ever necessary to win. Coaches, clubs and players who don't care about winning every contest they're in... I don't see the Storm doing that.

Hopefully the team puts that behind them now and they have a three game winning streak from here.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:16 pm
edwahu wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:15 pm
Timbo wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:13 pm Would Melbourne have treated that game with the contempt we did?
They rest players all the time.
BuT wOuLd ThEy HaVe TrEaTeD iT lIkE tHis?!
Do they lose the games? No.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Green Taipan wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:42 pm Member's Appreciation Day, well I'm one member who didn't appreciate the day. Why do they save their most lacklustre and insipid performances for home? Hodgson was rocks and diamonds again.
It is hard to argue that it wasn't up to scratch in all the circumstances.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

irvste wrote:I was angry after the game but eye hardly expected to be cheered up by this forum of all things. great round of dad jokes..

We’re gonna have to find a new way to cheer Jake up though!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dr Zaius wrote:Didn't Maguire get off lightly the first time because the victim refused to complain?
From memory it was a combination of no complaint from Munster and inconclusive video evidence. My understanding is the MRC can refer any on field incident to the judiciary.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:
irvste wrote:I was angry after the game but eye hardly expected to be cheered up by this forum of all things. great round of dad jokes..

Segments?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

reptar wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Segments?
Segments I can get behind!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

PJC01
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Mullins

Post by PJC01 »

Ultima wrote: September 7, 2019, 4:55 pm
PJC01 wrote: September 7, 2019, 4:54 pm Was hoping a raiders loss or throw this game it doesn’t matter I’d rather play Melb in Melb, instead of a full strength roosters on a short turnaround.

This didn’t worry me a bit
How are they full strength with half thier forwards suspended?
Cordner is clear they will only be missing Hargraves and Tukeaho is a better player than Jarrad.
So yea roosters will be full strength on top of a loss rather play Melb
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Jake wrote:
reptar wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Segments?
What if my segment is just making as many puns as I can with Billy?...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

gangrenous wrote:
Jake wrote:
reptar wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Segments?
I doubt there’s that many storm related puns unless you get a flash of inspiration from the clouds
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I heard an interesting take on a podcast this morning. This was on the Saturday footy show, so was aired prior to the match.

Girder said if he was Rocky, knowing he outcome already of the Roosters/Rabbits match, he would be calling Jack, telling him to loose his keys. He would call Hodgo and tell him he had a cold.

The angle was, the Roosters are near unbeatable at the SCG, and we haven’t beaten them all year. Melbourne are class, but we seem to have a style that troubles them. We have beaten Melbourne already, in Melbourne, so the mental advantage is there, in that we know we can.

He didn’t really say ‘tank the game’, but rest enough players that you don’t get injuries to key people, give a heap of other guys a shot at playing doe first grade in case it’s needed in the finals, and if you loose, then it’s far from a negative.

The other part that came into my head was that playing Melbourne in Melbourne, we will have a LOT less media pressure this week being outside of the Sydney focus.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

I’m not concerned about finishing 4th as opposed to 3rd. At the end of the day it’s a near identical run to get the GF.

I’m not concerned about the halt in momentum as we have repeatedly over the course of the past 2 months bounced back to win after losses.

I’m just concerned about our form, our inability to stop doing stupid stuff and some players just not hitting their straps. Also losing to a very average Warriors side is concerning.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

After sleeping on it I will add that I don't think the loss changes anything substantial.

HY reveals himself as a liability in a low-stakes environment and spares us the possibility of it happening in the finals. Guler IN, and no real harm done. Maybe even a net gain.

Our depth took a slight hit assuming Oldfield is out, however he doesn't start at full strength so hopefully it doesn't affect us too much. So we copped some damage there but nothing fatal.

We aren't going to start questioning ourselves because of the loss yesterday. We were absolutely cruising with 6 first choice players out and put the cue in the rack. Furthermore, look at the players we rested; Bateman, Sia and CNK. These guys are the beating heart of our team and we were probably guilty of lacking the attitude that they bring.

It was disappointing not to get the job done but all it tells me is that we aren't great enough to come in half-baked with motivation and attitude issues and expect to win.

I have faith that we can go to Melbourne, or Sydney; and do a job on the Storm or Roosters on a one-game basis. I also think we could overcome our home form and beat Parra/Sharks/TIgers in a minor semi on a one-game basis too.

BUT... we need to kick up a gear. I hope we have it, because the scratchy, stop-start form over the last month or so won't be enough to win 3 straight and win the comp.
Up The Milk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Raider47 wrote:our inability to stop doing stupid stuff
This is the biggest issue the Raiders have had for 5 years
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:
Raider47 wrote:our inability to stop doing stupid stuff
This is the biggest issue the Raiders have had for 5 years
Feels longer than that.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by RedRaider »

Having now watched the Hudson Young incident on todays Footy Show I think we should just pay him out and tell him to leave. The fingers are in a claw raking at the Warrior players face AFTER he has already scored the try. It is only sheer luck that he didn't connect with his eyes. Time to clean the Club. The Raiders are better than this and to condone it by keeping such players says everything about the club even though the words of Sticky say the opposite. A shame a 21 year old with talent has resorted to this but the Raiders gave him opportunity and he has EDIT on that opportunity.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 8, 2019, 11:18 am After sleeping on it I will add that I don't think the loss changes anything substantial.

HY reveals himself as a liability in a low-stakes environment and spares us the possibility of it happening in the finals. Guler IN, and no real harm done. Maybe even a net gain.

Our depth took a slight hit assuming Oldfield is out, however he doesn't start at full strength so hopefully it doesn't affect us too much. So we copped some damage there but nothing fatal.

We aren't going to start questioning ourselves because of the loss yesterday. We were absolutely cruising with 6 first choice players out and put the cue in the rack. Furthermore, look at the players we rested; Bateman, Sia and CNK. These guys are the beating heart of our team and we were probably guilty of lacking the attitude that they bring.

It was disappointing not to get the job done but all it tells me is that we aren't great enough to come in half-baked with motivation and attitude issues and expect to win.

I have faith that we can go to Melbourne, or Sydney; and do a job on the Storm or Roosters on a one-game basis. I also think we could overcome our home form and beat Parra/Sharks/TIgers in a minor semi on a one-game basis too.

BUT... we need to kick up a gear. I hope we have it, because the scratchy, stop-start form over the last month or so won't be enough to win 3 straight and win the comp.
Yeah the only loss from HY is mobility- he's quick enough to lead kick chase and get across to speedy players. Guler played his best game in FG so good for him.

Oldfield is a shame for him but we're already struggling to find a way to fit Simonsen into the bench even. Oldfield is a better player than Kris, but as a 2nd backup behind Simonsen, Kris will do.

I found it worrying we were unable to get Jack into the game.

If Cotric wants to get out of his slump he needs to go looking for more work.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Cotric’s season has been ruined by playing centre IMO. Even yesterday he looked much more comfortable, especially in defence, as soon as he went back to the wing

The sooner Joey is back, the better
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

pickles wrote: September 8, 2019, 8:22 am
gangrenous wrote:
Jake wrote:
reptar wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Segments?
I doubt there’s that many storm related puns unless you get a flash of inspiration from the clouds
Look at you blowing in here trying to steal Gangers thunder....
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Billy Walker wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Jake wrote:
reptar wrote:Segments?
You've swung me boys. I'm on board.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Jake wrote: September 8, 2019, 3:42 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Jake wrote:Segments I can get behind!
You've swung me boys. I'm on board.

Glad you didn’t rain on the parade.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Raider47 wrote: September 8, 2019, 10:48 am I’m not concerned about finishing 4th as opposed to 3rd. At the end of the day it’s a near identical run to get the GF.

I’m not concerned about the halt in momentum as we have repeatedly over the course of the past 2 months bounced back to win after losses.

I’m just concerned about our form, our inability to stop doing stupid stuff and some players just not hitting their straps. Also losing to a very average Warriors side is concerning.
Concerning? Even though we had 6 blokes out and the game basically meant nothing? wow. Some of the carry on from this loss has been comical. It will mean absolutely ZERO when we run out next Saturday. It starts again.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

TongueFTW wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:05 pm I’m not too worried to be honest. We get a fresh CNK, Bateman and Sia. I really do think Guler has earnt a bench spot over Lui.
I'm not remotely worried. I actually can't believe what i'm seeing reading through this thread. It's human nature for the focus to be on week 1 of the semis. Obviously we were flat, understandably imo. Hardly a huge deal. We're not suddenly a terrible team.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com.au end of season report card

Canberra Raiders - A
Outstanding job by Ricky Stuart. You can play the most elaborate footy and with a lot of flair, but if you don't defend hard and don't establish yourself as one of the top two or three defensive teams it makes it so hard to rely on point-scoring every week. They're one of the best teams to watch play, but can they win it all? I'm not sold that they can but they're going to be hard to beat if they get a game at home.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/09/sow ... r-dragons/

Match Gallery: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... -warriors/

Round 25 Moment of the week: Elliott Whithead: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... -whithead/

Raiders.com.au competition to vote for man of the match: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... vote-motm/

Jarrod Croker on Inside the NRL: https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/inside-the ... confirmed/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for JOSH PAPALII and JOSH HODGSON Canberra Raiders fans! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Round 25 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/08/cho ... -round-25/ via @NRL
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: September 9, 2019, 2:22 pm NRL.com.au end of season report card

Canberra Raiders - A
Outstanding job by Ricky Stuart. You can play the most elaborate footy and with a lot of flair, but if you don't defend hard and don't establish yourself as one of the top two or three defensive teams it makes it so hard to rely on point-scoring every week. They're one of the best teams to watch play, but can they win it all? I'm not sold that they can but they're going to be hard to beat if they get a game at home.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/09/sow ... r-dragons/
Haha I wonder what makes people throw out quotes like that? In fact, the counter is true, we've been undeniably SOFT at home.

And I blame the Canberra-based fans.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I blame you.. one lousy game..

You disappoint me

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk