What's your preference: Storm or Roosters for the first finals game

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: What's your preference: Storm or Roosters for the first finals game

Post by kona_dream »

Waerea-Hargreaves on report for a shoulder/high shot. He has 55 carry over points. Any guiltily plea would mean time.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

kona_dream wrote: September 5, 2019, 9:44 pm Waerea-Hargreaves on report for a shoulder/high shot. He has 55 carry over points. Any guiltily plea would mean time.
Nothing accidental about that tackle imo. No way he should be playing next week.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Well looks like it is up to us now. Win we play Rooster loose and we play Melbourne (well barring a major disaster on Saturday)
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Roosters, definitely.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That JWH tackle didnt have a lot in it, but given his loading and carry over, a grade 1 charge could EASILY see him miss 3-4 weeks, and that feels like a definite charge
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

And here I was thinking the roosters were good :shock:
Its essential we beat the warriors so we get another crack at the roosters.... I feel they are more beatable than the storm.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

PigRickman wrote: September 5, 2019, 10:03 pm That JWH tackle didnt have a lot in it, but given his loading and carry over, a grade 1 charge could EASILY see him miss 3-4 weeks, and that feels like a definite charge
The misdirection from the Rorters will be to point towards the bicep contact with the jaw as being Knight falling into it low and arm next to body (not swinging). Probably everyone will merrily go along with just looking at that and ignore that as the bicep hit the jaw, Hargreaves shoulder first/simultaneous hits Knight in the temple. Shoulder into head.

There's no planet where that's not a 3-4 week tackle.

Do you think anyone will still try to say, "Not his go".
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lucky wrote: September 5, 2019, 10:05 pm And here I was thinking the roosters were good :shock:
Its essential we beat the warriors so we get another crack at the roosters.... I feel they are more beatable than the storm.
Don't be fooled by tonight. The Roosters won't mind too much losing a game when they're on a seven game winning streak coming into the finals. Removes all pressure. They don't play like that two weeks in a row.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Plus the Roosters were without Keary, SST, Friend, Aubusson and Morris with nothing at all to play for. I wouldn't read much into that game.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

PigRickman wrote:That JWH tackle didnt have a lot in it, but given his loading and carry over, a grade 1 charge could EASILY see him miss 3-4 weeks, and that feels like a definite charge
He looked worried after the tackle
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I’m surprised at people’s reactions to the game last night. The Roosters should have had that wrapped up by half time - they bombed three absolutely certain tries, dropping balls over the line. They were missing their best playmaker in Keary, and, they had nothing to play for. They will be significantly better next week.

In saying that, their left side is vulnerable in defence. Mitchell still hasn’t sorted out his issues there. It’s a real target for any team playing them. Throw shape at him and he will rush out for a big hit, often makes the wrong choices. A few grubbers behind Tupou (who is fairly slow to turn) and it will have him in two minds as well. Tedesco tends to over chase on last tackle, susceptible to a switch.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roosters almost looked in preservation mode after halftime. The one player they do miss, when he's out is JWH. Be very interesting to see if he is suspended.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If he isn’t suspended the match review committee and judiciary are a joke.

Given the latter is true, I guess we’ll see on the former...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I'd rather play the Roosters, but am under no illusion that yesterday's loss will mean nothing next week. We will have to be completely on our game to beat them.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

TongueFTW wrote: September 6, 2019, 8:03 am I’m surprised at people’s reactions to the game last night. The Roosters should have had that wrapped up by half time - they bombed three absolutely certain tries, dropping balls over the line. They were missing their best playmaker in Keary, and, they had nothing to play for. They will be significantly better next week.

In saying that, their left side is vulnerable in defence. Mitchell still hasn’t sorted out his issues there. It’s a real target for any team playing them. Throw shape at him and he will rush out for a big hit, often makes the wrong choices. A few grubbers behind Tupou (who is fairly slow to turn) and it will have him in two minds as well. Tedesco tends to over chase on last tackle, susceptible to a switch.
sounds a bit like us, but we havent got tedesco.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote: September 5, 2019, 11:44 pm Plus the Roosters were without Keary, SST, Friend, Aubusson and Morris with nothing at all to play for. I wouldn't read much into that game.
Plus it looked like Teddy was having a week off even though he played and Latrell was taking the piss with his effort, he was that bad.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

My preference is not to lose a game until next season and whatever it takes to get there I'm on board with
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Roosters or Storm, it doesn’t really matter.
Both played below their normal levels this weekend and you can bet they will both be tough next week.
Win today, no injuries, no suspensions and I’ll be happy.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yep, and we're going to need to step up ourselves. We've been pretty ordinary the last couple of weeks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, we've got away with a couple of comebacks vs the Storm and Sharks and also managed to lose against Manly despite being the better team.

We have been scraping out some wins, but our form has been scrappy at best. Certainly not the level required to win 3 finals games to take out the comp.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:44 am Yeah, we've got away with a couple of comebacks vs the Storm and Sharks and also managed to lose against Manly despite being the better team.

We have been scraping out some wins, but our form has been scrappy at best. Certainly not the level required to win 3 finals games to take out the comp.
That’s on the presumption that everyone else plays to their capabilities, all we need to do is play better on the day.

I don’t think there is a full strength team in the top 5 this week, finals are about doing whatever it takes in the day, and we found ways to do that against the sharks and storm.