Warriors 13+
6%

Total votes: 16

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

Yep, there's no way you drop Hodgo and rush Rapana in for Kris, that's complete lunacy.

Makes no sense on so many fronts.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Simonsson's biggest issue will be staying calm. He'll be that amped up to play well for his first fullback crack in the top grade. Just needs to stay calm and keep it simple. He'll get opportunities if he keeps the errors down and the confidence up.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

The Rickman wrote: September 6, 2019, 2:51 pm Yep, there's no way you drop Hodgo and rush Rapana in for Kris, that's complete lunacy.

If you want to rest Hodgson, I think it does make some sense experience wise. You have 1 less player in their rookie season to worry about, since you are bringing in Starling.

Either way - I agree with GE, Rapana has played busted all season (though I am not sure if his injuries will recover from just a week off, feels like they are worse than that, particularly the PCL injury).
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

TongueFTW wrote: September 6, 2019, 3:11 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 6, 2019, 2:51 pm Yep, there's no way you drop Hodgo and rush Rapana in for Kris, that's complete lunacy.

If you want to rest Hodgson, I think it does make some sense experience wise. You have 1 less player in their rookie season to worry about, since you are bringing in Starling.

Either way - I agree with GE, Rapana has played busted all season (though I am not sure if his injuries will recover from just a week off, feels like they are worse than that, particularly the PCL injury).
If you're resting Hodgson, you don't care about winning the game at all... you don't then rush a clearly busted Rapana in to cover for him.

Like I said, makes no sense on so many fronts.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Unless someone breaks down in the warmup there's no way Rapana plays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Closest team I've ever coached: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart said the current Raiders team had shown him something he'd rarely seen in his coaching career.

"These guys are the closest bunch of players I've ever coached, the camaraderie and the genuine mateship, and commitment to each other," he said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/06/clo ... ed-stuart/

https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/275 ... nrl-ladder

VIDEO: Stuart praises Raiders camaraderie: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/06/stu ... comradery/

Joe Tapine ruled out of Raiders last round clash

The Canberra Raiders have put Joe Tapine on ice until the NRL finals. Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said they'll run out against the Warriors at Canberra Stadium on Saturday as selected.

"He won't play. It's the 17 I've named," Stuart said ahead of Friday's captains' run. "He's getting better. He's a lot better than what he was this time last week so I'm hoping he'll be available for selection next week."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

RedRaider wrote: September 6, 2019, 1:57 am Can't agree Woodgers. In 1993 the game had been well won long before Sticky was injured. He should have been replaced. Imo that should have been first Raiders try after half time.

If we are in a similar position on Saturday I think Sticky will give longer minutes to the bench players. But we have to get to that position first. I don't think the Warriors should be dismissed as easy beats. If a side doesn't show respect for the opposition then they are one step towards defeat. The focus has to be on getting the job done and having key players on the park is essential for that outcome. We have rested 4 injured players and have BJ suspended and Tapine injured. We are nowhere near full strength. We shouldn't be fearful of what hasn't happened ie possible injury. Even at training the players are a chance of injury, but we can't have them not training for fear of injury.
Looking back through the record books that Parra game was actually the 2nd last game. We won 68-0. We needed to win that game and then the game the next week against Canterbury-Bankstown at Belmore to claim top spot which under a final 5 would have meant a week off in week 1.

Not sure what the half time score was but the game was clearly well in hand.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Melbourne don’t look sharp at all tonight. I think at this stage I want to be playing Melbourne over the roosters. The Storm look tired!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They just haven't been revved for this game, it's worth nothing.

They'll be firing next week

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Worth mentioning the warriors have six first graders with long term injuries and hiku not available this week, we have had a good run so far really this year. Let's hope it keeps going, roosters got a touch up. I hope the storm do too.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

greeneyed wrote: September 6, 2019, 12:22 am
Azza wrote: September 6, 2019, 12:10 am yes I believe playing the roosters would be the better option but regardless we should just focus on winning and forget about everything else
Exactly. You don’t take the foot off the accelerator at this stage of the season. Especially not now.
Do you guys mean the guys that take the field? Or are you suggesting se should pick the team we would pick if it were a semi??

The coaching staff's job is to win the GF, not this weekend. It is completely ok to rest guys. But everyone selected should be going full tilt. That has to be the team ethos, and you're more likely to get injured if you're not anyway.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Agreed, Rapa and CNK were the two outwardly showing signs of extended wear and tear. It's a bit harder with Bateman because he's such a tough bugger, you know if he's slow to get up then he's really hurting. He's done that a few times in recent weeks so happy for him to be given a rest. Same with Sia. A big part of our go forward and loves playing against his former club the Chooks.

I don't think we should rest any of the others. Give the side the best opportunity to get the competition points and finish the Premiership rounds with winning momentum.