Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: NRL: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Hazza wrote: September 3, 2019, 11:25 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 3, 2019, 10:12 am The form of the Duge and Milford since they left just makes it hard to care. Both are battlers when you match their play to their pay. We got lucky in both instances.
Yeah Milford really has regressed this year. Until this year I thought a lot of the criticism he cops on his form was unwarranted but he's been very ordinary this year. Easy to forget he was the best player on the field in the '15 gf though and brilliant in '16. Hasn't kicked on like you'd expect since though. I never held any ill will towards him tbh. Btw how's his dad doing these days? Was supposedly on deaths door when he left in '14, how's he still alive?
Yeah he was an athletic freak his first few years. Similar to Benji and Shaun Johnson in that he is struggling to adapt as his agility decreases with age. He's definitely still an above average NRL first grader - but I'd take Wighton over him at 6 and have him on the same level as CNK at the back.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: NRL: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:I'm pretty sure it was a million vs 350k. And it actually DID have an effect, as TPAs are certainly under more scrutiny today then they were back then.

They've changed some of the rules, I'm certain the Broncos don't have the same advantages they once did.
In what way have TPAs come under more scrutiny?

The Roosters have a stacked roster and are seemingly in the market for any decent player off contract

Brisbane have managed to resign all of their young gun forwards while over paying Milford, Bird and Boyd. They are confident that they will retain Fifita despite attention from every other club.

I honestly haven't seen, heard or read one thing to suggest that anything has changed in regards to the actual practice of TPAs
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Anyway, CNK, the anti-Dugan, extending until 2023 is fantastic news.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

luke wrote:Anyway, CNK, the anti-Dugan, extending until 2023 is fantastic news.
Your right. CNK likely to be caught on a Canberra rooftop saving kittens from the flippin bird.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Wiki Special wrote:
reptar wrote: September 2, 2019, 3:37 pm Frank is a cat and he says no. Image
Frank makes a good point. No.
I'm with Frank on this one

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by pickles »

Agree that if Dugan wants forgiveness an apology would be a bloody good place to start! Having watched him come up through the grades it was devastating to watch him put himself above the club. He left with no dignity or integrity so not sure why he would expect us to love him now.

Carney couldn't get out of his own way and eventually painted himself into a corner. No one really wanted him to go but there wasn't really any other option and I think everyone was sad about it. I also think he never stopped caring about the club although watching him win a Dally M and premiership with the Chooks hurt.

Milford. We thought he was the answer in some pretty dark days but he didn't carry on like a pork chop to get out of a contract and hasn't really done anything since then to bring tears to Raiders fans. Its tough for a half to play behind an ordinary pack and with fairly average partners in the spine!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by dubby »

I've absolutely no respect for Dugan.

The guy is a self entitled prat. His off field connections and selfishness coupled with his over rated abilities on field disgust me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote:
The guy is a self entitled prat. ]
Woah! Easy there, tiger.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
dubby wrote:
The guy is a self entitled prat. ]
Woah! Easy there, tiger.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
ImageImage lets change that to brat

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

on the hunt for a club too
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

ramien to replace him at the sharks according to fox league
Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Can't believe sharks signed ramien for 500k. Way overs.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dugan on $700k was way over

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

NO
NO
NO

I voted for my 2 daughters, they probably dont know who he is but if I told the story this is how they would vote
Get back the Ten
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Post by Get back the Ten »

Far too early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

This is what NRL tribalism is all about. You're either with us or you're not!

On what basis does anyone need to forgive him and why? He doesn't play for us any more. We should hate all we want - adds to the theatrics of the game.

The **** plays for Cronulla. I hate him for that alone. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

You have to wonder where Dugan will find himself if indeed he's on the move, maybe back at the Dragons? Parra? The bulldogs would actually make a lot of sense. He could play fullback again, which is his best position...

He's still a pretty good player on his day. Someone will take a punt on him. CNK reminds me a young Dugan actually, the kid we all feel in love with for the way he put his body on the line and his damaging running style, and fearless kick returns. I have a feeling CNK has elected to take a slightly different path for his future though!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PigRickman wrote:You have to wonder where Dugan will find himself if indeed he's on the move, maybe back at the Dragons? Parra? The bulldogs would actually make a lot of sense. He could play fullback again, which is his best position...

He's still a pretty good player on his day. Someone will take a punt on him. CNK reminds me a young Dugan actually, the kid we all feel in love with for the way he put his body on the line and his damaging running style, and fearless kick returns. I have a feeling CNK has elected to take a slightly different path for his future though!
Dugan no longer puts his body on the line. Dugan more likely to put his EDIT
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah that's what i meant by a different path
He's soft serve level stuff these days. Which is a shame, i'll always try and remember the joy the 18 year old kid who gave it all to put big Coal Train Taylor out and win a totally meaningless game for us just because he had that fire.

Man i wish i could have bottled that feeling, that attitude, that committment.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PigRickman wrote:Yeah that's what i meant by a different path
He's soft serve level stuff these days. Which is a shame, i'll always try and remember the joy the 18 year old kid who gave it all to put big Coal Train Taylor out and win a totally meaningless game for us just because he had that fire.

Man i wish i could have bottled that feeling, that attitude, that committment.
Dugan did bottle it. In a Cruiser bottle 🤪
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

gangrenous wrote: August 31, 2019, 8:23 pm I look forward to Croker burying him again. The captain loves to crunch him.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

No. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

I hope our team goes all Big Cheese on the sharks when we play them anytime. They are like my 4th team I hate the most. ****s

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

PigRickman wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:48 pm You have to wonder where Dugan will find himself if indeed he's on the move, maybe back at the Dragons? Parra? The bulldogs would actually make a lot of sense. He could play fullback again, which is his best position...

CNK is a bit smarter than Dugan was. Dugan would play with reckless physical abandon in his time here, and spend 10 minutes per match busted as a result. CNK runs hard but he doesn't leave himself wide open to be belted, he'll brace for contact.
The Great Bambino
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Mcleod

Post by The Great Bambino »

Nope, the NO **** policy is working really well for us at the moment plus as a player, he's a tampon... In for 1 week and out for 3....