Sharks 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Johno »

1992 wrote: September 1, 2019, 1:06 am The longer I stay up the quicker game day comes around.

One more cup of coffee before I go..

"To the valley below"
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

GreenMachine wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:39 pm Croker does way more good than bad.
Last player I’d consider ever dropping.

I was surprised when Morris caught him. Thought he was faster!
I think we are just a little slow compared to other teams but it doesn't really make a huge difference. We just have to finish off those breaks when we get caught
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

We will know before our game whether we need a win to get 3rd (Souths and Manly play before us). After today I am even more keen for us to rest players. We have had a tough run and played an extremely physical style for a long time this season. I understand the momentum argument, but it’s not like rolling through an abysmal Warriors side will suddenly prepare us for the Roosters the following week. I would be looking to rest CNK, Papa, Wighton, Bateman and Hodgson. Bring in Oldfield, Guler, Sam Williams, Tapine, and Murchie.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:35 pm Croker's read for the first try was not great, that try is absolutely on him. I dont think you can pin the 3rd try on him, after the offload it's 3 on 3, the sharks have a backrower, centre and winger on Whitehead, Wighton and Simo... they should shut that down 10 times out of 10.

He played a role in us being down 12-0, and played a role in us winning the game. Match changing play, and kicked his goals in a stiff wind when his opposite couldnt hit water falling out of a boat.

I though Sezer and Hodgson were the same. Very poor games from them over the 90 minutes (or there abouts) but ultimately Hodgson dominated at the back half of the second half and got us going forard, Sezer went 3/3 on FGs and won the game.

They made up for it in the end.
Yeah that’s probably fair. His lack of speed surprised me but Morris also ran down Wighton pretty easily a few plays earlier. The other concern today was Raps. He did nothing wrong but geez he’s not the player he was. He’s just not impacting with his dummy half runs. He puts his body on the line and that takes a toll - again his first picked winger for the year but I hope he can find another gear. It’s probably quite a positive that we beat a good hungry team today with a good number of players not at their absolute best.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

raiderskater wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:36 pm
-TW- wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:30 pm
raiderskater wrote:
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:28 pm Looks like a Roosters away first round finals game for us now - who's going?
100%

just waiting to figure out what day so I can make plans!
Most likely Saturday early game

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
That'd be good, drive up early and then drive back afterwards...hopefully singing the victory song all the way back down the Hume...
That would be ideal, I’m running Sydney marathon in Sunday morning and I’m really hoping we don’t play in Melbourne....
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:10 pm That was a very fragile win. Play like that against Mel, Chooks, Bunnies and we are toast. Ricky has to have word with Hodgson to tone it down; he is not as good as he thinks he is. Also, Jack's erratic kicking needs to be fixed fast. On today's performance I can't see us stringing together enough wins to get us to the GF. Hope I'm wrong and Lady Luck smiles on us!
You mean 2 games?
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Not sure JC made a bad read for the first try, or was just following our defensive structure. I suspect the latter and that Simmo should have followed him in. JC should have wrapped the ball up later when he made good initial contact - that try was definitely on him. Overall JC is going good.

Sort of related to that, I was surprised we couldn't create shape down that side today. Sezer seemed to be over there a lot getting in Jack's way. Not sure what that was all about.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Billy Walker wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:24 pm Just saw Hors with his shirt off - imagine how good he’s going to be when someone buys him a gym membership. 😂
And to think he nearly got off the nudie run today - I think the bunker should have allowed his try for the common good!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Na, the first try was a bad read. Croker in the context of that play shouldnt have come in. That try was definitely on him. On the third, after the offload, the cronulla backrower looks up and sees a classic 3 on 3, he successfully suckered Wighton to come in for help, when Whitehead didnt need it. That try was on Wighton.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

PigRickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:35 pm Croker's read for the first try was not great, that try is absolutely on him. I dont think you can pin the 3rd try on him, after the offload it's 3 on 3, the sharks have a backrower, centre and winger on Whitehead, Wighton and Simo... they should shut that down 10 times out of 10.

He played a role in us being down 12-0, and played a role in us winning the game. Match changing play, and kicked his goals in a stiff wind when his opposite couldnt hit water falling out of a boat.

I though Sezer and Hodgson were the same. Very poor games from them over the 90 minutes (or there abouts) but ultimately Hodgson dominated at the back half of the second half and got us going forard, Sezer went 3/3 on FGs and won the game.

That first try was a great play by the Sharks. It was essentially 6 on 4. They drew our edge in brilliantly, leaving Croker and Simonsson exposed. Toots rolled the dice and came up with fresh air. It was a tough read for anybody and the reason they scored certainly wasn't entirely on one player. He's shut that play down plenty of times in the past.

The third try was a decent little offload by Flanagan.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Coastalraider wrote: September 1, 2019, 8:25 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:24 pm Just saw Hors with his shirt off - imagine how good he’s going to be when someone buys him a gym membership. 😂
And to think he nearly got off the nudie run today - I think the bunker should have allowed his try for the common good!
Cam Smith etched out a decent career without the need for a body - Hors was a mess of flabby white with crook tats and topped off with a shock of red hair. It wasn’t pretty!! Geez he’s playing good footy though- big fan!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:Na, the first try was a bad read. Croker in the context of that play shouldnt have come in. That try was definitely on him. On the third, after the offload, the cronulla backrower looks up and sees a classic 3 on 3, he successfully suckered Wighton to come in for help, when Whitehead didnt need it. That try was on Wighton.
100% agree, Wighton didn’t need to come in on Elliott’s man, I said it at the time too
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The bigger concern for me on the Croker break was the lack of support runners. Jack should have been fast enough to catch up and be in position, and Sezer was on the treadmill a bit. That said, I think Croker absolutely made the best play he could - and he didn't try any stupid passes or kicks. He recognised that if he took the tackle and retained possession we'd score on the next play. And we did.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Great win today but our attack sucks. We really need to be putting 30+ points on the warriors next week to get some confidence back.
Imagine being the sharks and having a huge chunk of your cap tied up in Shaun Johnson and Josh Dugan, ones always injured and the other has been exposed as the biggest down hill skier in the nrl🤣🤣🤣 oh and some people here were cutting their wrists because we didn’t sign the guy. Bullet dodged.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

We looked a bit tired today, that the last 4 rounds had taken their toll. I would like to see a few players rested now and to be honest I wouldn’t mind if we lost the next game. I would prefer to play the Storm then the Roosters
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

How slow was Croker making that break

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Croker has always been slow. That is pretty close to the fastest he can run or has ever been able to run.

No idea how people have only noticed this now or for some reason thought he was faster.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Northern Raider wrote:
Neeeegz wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:43 pm
Archer wrote:How the **** are people seriously saying we'll only be making up the numbers in the finals, what, because we'd never stand a chance against a team like storm? Take a deep breath
We beat one top six side all season. Take off your green glasses for a minute.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Don't be so neeegzative
Realistic, I've seen this show before, but I'm riding the wave, because it's the thing to do apparently and loving it by the way... but. Things need fixing.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Can't run
Can't pass
Can't tackle
Can't kick
**** captain

Love him
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Ultima wrote:OK I've stopped dying.... **** me they trying to kill off some fans so there are some extra finals tickets available or something?
This.
Even if we make the grand final, I'll probably have a hearty before I can see it

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Northern Raider wrote:
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Most annoying voice I've ever heard

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Most dull uninspired voice of all time but his analysis **** on blokes like Anasta and Blocker Roach

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Neeeegz wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:14 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Most annoying voice I've ever heard

He speaks with the speed and tone of Cleveland Brown but lacks Cleveland’s funk.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

raiderskater wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:12 pm
GreenMachine wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:56 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:40 pm Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Croker is going nowhere. Great player and clubman. I’d be shocked if he ever left.
He'll never leave, and no-one in their right mind would ever want him to.
Correct. The guy is a club legend already and still has 4 years left to play for us.
All time leading try scorer and point scorer for the club and people still doubt his abilities? C'mon. Lose the agenda and appreciate we've got such a great clubman and captain.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

-TW- wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:17 pm Most dull uninspired voice of all time but his analysis **** on blokes like Anasta and Blocker Roach

I think he's fantastic. The first week he sounded like a drunk uncle, but if you start listening to what he says - he's above and beyond the other éxperts'
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Billy Walker wrote:
LastRaider wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:47 pm Now we have secured top 4, I hope we rest a swag of players next week.

CNK, Bateman, Papa and Croker look like they could do with a rest and recharge next week
Not for me. I’d like to see them put together some good form and develop some confidence going into finals with a good showing against the Warriors. Happy for Ricky to put the cue in the rack and give the bench big minutes once the job is done but momentum is important this time of year.
No rest, rehab and win the next 4 games, will get a week off once we qualify

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

TongueFTW wrote:We will know before our game whether we need a win to get 3rd (Souths and Manly play before us). After today I am even more keen for us to rest players. We have had a tough run and played an extremely physical style for a long time this season. I understand the momentum argument, but it’s not like rolling through an abysmal Warriors side will suddenly prepare us for the Roosters the following week. I would be looking to rest CNK, Papa, Wighton, Bateman and Hodgson. Bring in Oldfield, Guler, Sam Williams, Tapine, and Murchie.
Actually despite my last post, this could be good for the boys

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

raiderskater wrote:The bigger concern for me on the Croker break was the lack of support runners. Jack should have been fast enough to catch up and be in position, and Sezer was on the treadmill a bit. That said, I think Croker absolutely made the best play he could - and he didn't try any stupid passes or kicks. He recognised that if he took the tackle and retained possession we'd score on the next play. And we did.
Simmo was waiting in support

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Makaveli wrote:How slow was Croker making that break

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Did you watch the first 20 minutes ? It was like we had lead in our boots

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

afgtnk wrote:Croker has always been slow. That is pretty close to the fastest he can run or has ever been able to run.

No idea how people have only noticed this now or for some reason thought he was faster.
How many NRL tries have you scored ?

Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

afgtnk wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:04 pm Croker has always been slow. That is pretty close to the fastest he can run or has ever been able to run.

Nah, once upon a time he was pretty quick - I suspect that knee cap drama has taken its toll.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Can't run
Can't pass
Can't tackle
Can't kick
**** captain

Love him
He will go down as one of the greats, points etc, but can't get a rep gig yet

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Love4Noa wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:18 pm
-TW- wrote: September 1, 2019, 9:17 pm Most dull uninspired voice of all time but his analysis **** on blokes like Anasta and Blocker Roach

I think he's fantastic. The first week he sounded like a drunk uncle, but if you start listening to what he says - he's above and beyond the other éxperts'
He's certainly very capable of stating the bleeding obvious. You'd think a recent former coach might have a little insight than cliches.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I agree.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

LastRaider wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:18 pm
Azza wrote:
Ultima wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:41 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:33 pm
Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:03 pm

I wasn't worried either. Away from home we have been outstanding this year.
The GF is away from home Azza... :thumbsup
Week one final is away from home as well. Having a stronger away from home game could be massively in our favour. If we win round one of the finals, do we even get a home final? Pretty sure "regional" stadiums aren't an option for the preliminaries :(
Come on mate, get with the times. The NRL changed that rule beginning of the year.
I actually don’t want a home game. We play better away
Don't disagree, what is it with us at home this year? Having said that, a preliminary in Canberra would be special.