2019 NRL Fans' Poll: Results

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Vote in the 2019 NRL Fans' Poll

Post by greeneyed »

Andrew Johns no doubt knows a lot about footy, but can't communicate it on television, at least. He's terrible.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 NRL Fans' Poll: Results

Post by Billy Walker »

Close to 65% of fans think the refs are below average or poor. To me that goes a fair way to supporting the view that every club has a proportion of fans who think the refs don’t give them a fair go. The refs can’t be bias against all teams though so perhaps it is a perception issue?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker wrote: August 16, 2019, 7:38 pm Close to 65% of fans think the refs are below average or poor. To me that goes a fair way to supporting the view that every club has a proportion of fans who think the refs don’t give them a fair go. The refs can’t be bias against all teams though so perhaps it is a perception issue?
The poll question and results can’t possibly tell you a single, solitary thing about that. What it tells you is that 65 odd per cent of fans think the refereeing is sub standard. And no wonder given the referees boss comes out every Monday admitting a litany of mistakes that are, in his words, “costly”.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 16, 2019, 7:49 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 16, 2019, 7:38 pm Close to 65% of fans think the refs are below average or poor. To me that goes a fair way to supporting the view that every club has a proportion of fans who think the refs don’t give them a fair go. The refs can’t be bias against all teams though so perhaps it is a perception issue?
The poll question and results can’t possibly tell you a single, solitary thing about that. What it tells you is that 65 odd per cent of fans think the refereeing is sub standard. And no wonder given the referees boss comes out every Monday admitting a litany of mistakes that are, in his words, “costly”.
True - there is a difference between thinking the refereeing is sub standard and thinking the refs have a bias against your team. I’m not defending the refs - I would be curious if fans at other clubs all feel they get a rough deal as well but I agree with you that stat doesn’t actually support that.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:I don’t think that’s true. I think it’s because the Blues have not recognised his worth, when he has merited selection. As Wayne Bennett has said in the past, he’d have selected him for Queensland. Certainly worse players have played Origin.
Yeah I'm sure he would have been picked ahead of both Hodges and Inglis
What a load of horse ****.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
greeneyed wrote:I don’t think that’s true. I think it’s because the Blues have not recognised his worth, when he has merited selection. As Wayne Bennett has said in the past, he’d have selected him for Queensland. Certainly worse players have played Origin.
So you’re saying Inglis and Hodges have suited up in the centres for Queensland every single game for the last decade, including this year?

Interesting.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 16, 2019, 8:20 pm
Would you believe... ahead of Will Chambers and Moses Mbye?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2019 NRL Fans' Poll: Results

Post by The Nickman »

Inglis played a bit of fullback in his time, Hodges hasn’t played for four seasons and has missed plenty of games over the years through injuries... this is incredible stuff by Zaius

Just more typical Croker-bashing by he and the Billy Walker gang
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

For the past 5 years or so Queensland have used Inglis, Hodges, Chambers, Boyd and Morgan at centre. I don't see Croker getting a run at the expense of any of those Australian representatives. O'Neil was centre one year, maybe he gets a run there.

It's easy to throw away the line "if he was a Queenslander he would have played 100 origins" but it's horse ****. It's like the old "Tonguey would have played a million origins". I friggin love Tonguey, I'd bare his children if I had a uterus, but who does he replace?

It's just typical NSW bashing by Nickman, GE and their ilk EDIT.
Last edited by Dr Zaius on August 17, 2019, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Can we please stop this. Please?

Croker wouldn't get a game for either NSW or QLD. He's not good enough for Origin. He's clearly not only up against club centres for representative duties, regardless of state.

As Zaius has said, Tonguey was in the same category. Absolute champion human being and a legend of this club. Croker has a some similar qualities. Like Croker though, Tonguey was not rep material. If you don't see that, then take of your thick green goggles.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I agree - it’s unfortunate one of his grandparents wasn’t Italian, Lebanese or Cook Islander as he would have had a good rep career. He’s never been SOO level though.