Storm 13+
25%

Total votes: 16

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Northern Raider »

BJ wrote: August 16, 2019, 9:54 am I can’t believe we won the Vietnam war and we still can’t watch rugby league on free to air while visiting our conquered lands.

What do you mean we didn’t win, I’ve seen the American war movies. We clearly won.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Shut-up Azza
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

No you shut up, turnip head
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

magoo wrote: August 16, 2019, 8:27 am Sitting at Brisbane airport waiting to travel to Vietnam. Don't imagine that I'll be able to find any screens showing the footy so I'm relying on the greenhouse for all Raiders news over the next fortnight. Thank you people of the Greenhouse
I've watched NRL in Hoi An and Hanoi. They have sports bars.

Google is your friend. You should be good to go with just a little bit of searching.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There's at least 10 places in Hanoi that show NRL

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

"NRL Hanoi Sexytime Rehab Bar Brett Finch"

Raiders by 10.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart calls for 'brave' NRL to crackdown on wrestling

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has called on the NRL to be brave enough to clean up the game and stamp out illegal wrestling tactics.

"There's got to be someone brave enough to stand up. Not just at the Melbourne Storm, any illegal foul tactic on the ground, I believe there's a responsibility with our people who are in charge of the game to get rid of it.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... wrestling/

https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/273 ... ng-tactics

VIDEO: Stuart: We shouldn't get punished for something we do well: Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has hit back at suggestions to abolish the one on one strip rule: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... e-do-well/

"It's in the rules so we just need to be aware of it tomorrow when the sneaky No.9 comes in and wraps his arms around the ball." - Storm coach Craig Bellamy wary of Josh Hodgson: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/16/bel ... iary-jibe/

Gallery: Raiders train before departing for Melbourne: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... melbourne/

Canberra Raiders' best value for money buy: Raiders – Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/16/ban ... money-men/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: August 16, 2019, 2:32 pm ...
VIDEO: Stuart: No Liva? I want him to go back and play big minutes in Mounties. He's going to be needed on the backend of the season:
https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... e-do-well/
zim wrote: August 2, 2019, 11:57 pm ...If it's a serious injury then Havili has just spent a couple of weeks at Mounties punching out 60mins at hooker.
I'm in your head now ricky. It begins.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Oh well, I'll request a moniker change to BadnZim
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote: August 16, 2019, 4:27 pm Oh well, I'll request a moniker change to BadnZim
We're the bad and zim, green machim… and errr, I'll see myself out
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders centre Joey Leilua has time to click into gear

It's the perfect tune-up to get the Green Machine's rampant right edge back purring again.

"They've played a little bit of football together. Not a lot," Ricky Stuart said. "But hopefully going into the back end they can find a little bit of combination and cohesion together and it can be a powerful edge if we can get that right."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Ricky Stuart previews the clash with the Melbourne Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... e-do-well/

'Plenty of footy left' for milestone men says Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... hJGCfYR_Ho
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hard man John Bateman reveals hardest part of playing NRL

John Bateman is making hay while the sun shines - relishing every moment while his daughter Millie's down under. Millie and Bateman's mum Bev are visiting the loveable second-rower for three weeks.

"It's good to have them in the house and just here with me. I miss them quite a lot being away from home.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Jack Wighton: 150 club games: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... lub-games/
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Raiders by 2, and about a thousand heart attacks.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

3-6 pretty clogged up now. A loss here would make things a bit too close for comfort for me.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

If we can somehow jag 3rd and play the roosters first semi, we can win that game. but we need to keep winning, and they are all good teams in the next few weeks, we need to win them all if possible.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Raider47 wrote:3-6 pretty clogged up now. A loss here would make things a bit too close for comfort for me.
Consolation is a few teams in the hunt play each other in the last few rounds.

So it's not terminal if we lose here

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Neeeegz wrote: August 16, 2019, 10:30 pm If we can somehow jag 3rd and play the roosters first semi, we can win that game. but we need to keep winning, and they are all good teams in the next few weeks, we need to win them all if possible.

I reckon so as well. Plus, lay on the buses and fill whatever Sydney stadium it is with Raiders fans - it's actually sort of ideal, if we have to play first week away.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I think to guarantee top 4 we need 3/4. We could get there with 2/4 but it would depend on other results. Third is a good shot given out for and against.

A win against the storm while unlikely, opens up the possibility of a second place finish and home final week 1. Its worth winning just for that!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:Why Canberra Raiders won’t win the comp if they can’t shake Storm hoodoo

Canberra hasn’t beaten Melbourne in Melbourne in six years. And if they fail to get the chocolates at AAMI Park on Saturday, league legend Phil Gould says there’s fat chance the Raiders will be winning the title in 2019.

“I think they are beating up on out-of-form teams, I really do,” Gould told Channel 9’s 100% Footy following Canberra’s loss to the Roosters last week.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... df5231d388
I tend to agree with Gus. We've improved a lot, but we're not there yet

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Can't wait to see Bellyache lose his marbles when Hodgo strips the ball from his boys on more than one ocassion..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

BadnMean wrote: August 16, 2019, 12:02 pm
magoo wrote: August 16, 2019, 8:27 am Sitting at Brisbane airport waiting to travel to Vietnam. Don't imagine that I'll be able to find any screens showing the footy so I'm relying on the greenhouse for all Raiders news over the next fortnight. Thank you people of the Greenhouse
Thanks mate I'll have a look around
I've watched NRL in Hoi An and Hanoi. They have sports bars.

Google is your friend. You should be good to go with just a little bit of searching.
magoo
Brett Mullins

Post by magoo »

Northern Raider wrote: August 16, 2019, 8:54 am
Are you staying in one of the major cities? If so find a sports bar. You might be lucky and they're showing the game on one of the screens.
Thanks mate
magoo
Brett Mullins

Post by magoo »

The Rickman wrote: August 16, 2019, 9:32 am magoo, there's a website called watchnrl.com where you can watch games live if overseas. It's free to sign up and you can just cancel after two weeks.

I watched two games while over in Africa recently. It was good.
Cheers mate I'll check it out
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I think Hudson Young will play tonight.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

We do not need to win this one to make top 4 imo. We just need to beat Manly next week. We will win at least 1 of our other 2, and that will be enough.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

and once in top 4, where ever we finish - we will need one big upset. If we run 4th that is our first finals game. If we run 2nd that is 2nd finals game.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

That is without doubt one of the greatest Raiders victories I have ever seen.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: August 17, 2019, 7:27 pm That is without doubt one of the greatest Raiders victories I have ever seen.
Its absolutely the gutsiest
This team overcame a lot in this game to get the win. Really **** cool ****
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I feel like I've just finished watching a thriller with a shocking twist at the end
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Can I order one of those for the grand final? Man if that happened I’d probably have to take a couple of weeks off to recover...
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

raiderskater wrote:
Neeeegz wrote: August 16, 2019, 10:30 pm If we can somehow jag 3rd and play the roosters first semi, we can win that game. but we need to keep winning, and they are all good teams in the next few weeks, we need to win them all if possible.

I reckon so as well. Plus, lay on the buses and fill whatever Sydney stadium it is with Raiders fans - it's actually sort of ideal, if we have to play first week away.
Who's going to organise those buses?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:
raiderskater wrote:

Who's going to organise those buses?
NEEDMEMBERSCODE
Edrick The Entertainer