19%
Storm 13+
25%

Total votes: 16

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Wiki Special wrote: August 14, 2019, 10:08 pm Will all the backlash against the Storm this week have any positive or negative effects on our chances Saturday?
No worse than the hype against us and the steals.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

yeh raiders wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: August 14, 2019, 8:42 pm
The Rickman wrote:
PigRickman wrote: August 12, 2019, 8:39 am I think we'll win this game.
So do I. I reckon we've had our loss now, and we don't drop another game this season.
You said that last week
Botman malfunctioning again..
Hahaha tell us again about how Peter Sterling wouldn’t be able to handle the stripping rule... it was sensational stuff
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
So do I. I reckon we've had our loss now, and we don't drop another game this season.
You said that last week
No I didn’t... we hadn’t lost last week!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

The Rickman wrote: August 14, 2019, 11:11 pm
yeh raiders wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: August 14, 2019, 8:42 pm
The Rickman wrote:
You said that last week
Botman malfunctioning again..
Hahaha tell us again about how Peter Sterling wouldn’t be able to handle the stripping rule... it was sensational stuff
I mean if you could read or process anything, you’d understand that Sterling and blokes in his era weren’t working with wrestling coaches to perfect the strip.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief, now you can add not knowing how to quote properly to your complete lack of knowledge about rugby league!

You really are the total package!
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

greeneyed wrote: August 14, 2019, 10:15 pm
Wiki Special wrote: August 14, 2019, 10:08 pm Will all the backlash against the Storm this week have any positive or negative effects on our chances Saturday?
No worse than the hype against us and the steals.
The only thing is that the Raiders with the steal are playing within the rules so the reality is there isn't anything they can crack down on in this situation as we already get penalised when it goes wrong.

Whereas the Storm are trying to adapt to the crusher tackle rule by coming in from the side which is equally dangerous and could and should be penalised as dangerous contact.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

BadnMean wrote: August 14, 2019, 8:25 pm
Matt wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:28 pm They should have Liva and Simmo on the bench
Who do you you leave off the bench? Sutton and Young? I'm actually fine with this as it is Young's job to push Hors out as the best rookie, if he can. Guler and Murchie haven't done so already. Young still maybe. Sutton is pants off the bench imo. I'm starting to think he's not in our best 17 with Tapine and Bateman fit.

If you only have Liva OR Simmo, which do you have?
Horsburgh or Lui miss out.
Start Sutton with Papa. Sia off the bench for the punch in the middle third of the game.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Pumped to see how Beej looks, going in with low expectations, he's been out a long time... feels like we have a few of those Beej games before he works his way back into things by the finals
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It’s tough for most players coming back from a neck injury, mainly with their confidence. I hope he’s got that in spades though, because his neck should be stronger than ever!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote:It’s tough for most players coming back from a neck injury, mainly with their confidence. I hope he’s got that in spades though, because his neck should be stronger than ever!
I cannot fathom how someone can return to the NRL from an injury like that so quickly.

I honestly took a year to have the confidence to step off a gutter, or flop down on a bed or whatever.

It's frigging agony.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The storm have always been dirty bastards when it comes to the wrestle but they get away with it - partly why I'm not feeling confident this weekend.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I think it's a risk playing BJ against Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Selecting a player coming back from 12~ week neck injury a risk. I wish we’d put a player on the bench as cover just in case things dont pan out.
Dont delete this GE
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: August 15, 2019, 11:12 am I think it's a risk playing BJ against Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
If your neck survives Melbourne though- you're good to go :thumbsup
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: August 15, 2019, 12:15 pm Selecting a player coming back from 12~ week neck injury a risk. I wish we’d put a player on the bench as cover just in case things dont pan out.
You're an ideas man, simo.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Northern Raider wrote: August 15, 2019, 1:10 pm
simo wrote: August 15, 2019, 12:15 pm Selecting a player coming back from 12~ week neck injury a risk. I wish we’d put a player on the bench as cover just in case things dont pan out.
You're an ideas man, simo.
Get with the program guys, we need that bench spot to cover an 80min hooker!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I'm more concerned with BJ's physical fitness (football legs) than his neck injury.

I have every faith he has passed all the requirements for the physicality he could expect to impact his neck from the game.

For me, it is more about whether he can cope with the lateral movement, defensive duties; and decision making out wide.

Our structure has been great to date, I hope BJ falls into that structure, rather than making lazy or inappropriate decisions.

I thought Luke Lewis said it best last night - we need to move Melbourne around with offloads rather than play through the middle where they will wrestle the hell out of the ruck. More importantly, I think we need to play from in front, as Melbourne are prone to panic if they are chasing a game for long periods of time.

This will either be:

A test of patience and defensive steel where we secure the game in a low scoring affair; or

The Raiders of old, where we **** the bed after a few bad moments and have a cricket score put on us.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

GreenMachine wrote: August 15, 2019, 1:36 pm I'm more concerned with BJ's physical fitness (football legs) than his neck injury.

I have every faith he has passed all the requirements for the physicality he could expect to impact his neck from the game.

For me, it is more about whether he can cope with the lateral movement, defensive duties; and decision making out wide.

Our structure has been great to date, I hope BJ falls into that structure, rather than making lazy or inappropriate decisions.

I thought Luke Lewis said it best last night - we need to move Melbourne around with offloads rather than play through the middle where they will wrestle the hell out of the ruck. More importantly, I think we need to play from in front, as Melbourne are prone to panic if they are chasing a game for long periods of time.

This will either be:

A test of patience and defensive steel where we secure the game in a low scoring affair; or

The Raiders of old, where we **** the bed after a few bad moments and have a cricket score put on us.
Bj was a part of 2 of our shut outs this year. Id say he has well and truly bought into the defensive structure and mindset of the team this year. His layoff wont have changed that
Dont delete this GE
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I hope we can get numbers into tackles on their sets and carry them backwards. Chooks did it last Grand Final and threw their game plan off balance.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

:roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Milestone Man Jack Wighton just getting started

Jack Wighton will play his 150th match for the Canberra Raiders when he takes to the field against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday.

“To get those milestones is something you really look forward to, because you never know when your last game is coming around the corner,” Wighton said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... g-started/

MATCH PREVIEW: Storm v Raiders: Leilua gets green light: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33552

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/12/sto ... 2-preview/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... s-v-storm/

VIDEO: Storm v Raiders - Round 22 preview: Sam Squiers and Jamie Soward look at the key stats as Melbourne Storm host Canberra Raiders on Saturday night: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/15/sto ... -round-22/

The new stripping rule: NRL.com experts' view: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/15/the ... erts-view/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Milestones mean Canberra Raiders are experienced

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson says it this year's string of milestone games points to an important maturing of the Green Machine - as Jack Wighton prepares for his 150th game against the Storm.

"I think it's massive for us. When I first came here most of the boys were really young," Hodgson said. "I think Jacko was about 21. There weren't many boys that had played more than 50 NRL games.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We won't win a comp until we learn to consistently dominate the Storm.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Just got a message from virgin " extreme winds in Melbourne for tomorrow - possible delays and cancellations "

We are having a great season of air travel!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's possible to play in a finals series..avoid the Storm and win the GF !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders-Melbourne Storm is a game of nine tales

Cameron Smith v Josh Hodgson. Ben Elias is licking his lips. He's in dummy half heaven. Can't wait for Saturday 5.30pm to roll around. Got back from Hawaii in the nick of time.

"They both serve a purpose to their clubs and their sides and both coaches work on their strengths," Elias said. "Whoever wins the battle [between the hookers] wins the game. Nine is such a valuable position at the moment.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

The absolute worst thing we could do is make this a battle between the 9’s.
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Canberra Raiders won’t win the comp if they can’t shake Storm hoodoo

Canberra hasn’t beaten Melbourne in Melbourne in six years. And if they fail to get the chocolates at AAMI Park on Saturday, league legend Phil Gould says there’s fat chance the Raiders will be winning the title in 2019.

“I think they are beating up on out-of-form teams, I really do,” Gould told Channel 9’s 100% Footy following Canberra’s loss to the Roosters last week.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... df5231d388
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Azza wrote: August 15, 2019, 10:34 am The storm have always been dirty bastards when it comes to the wrestle but they get away with it - partly why I'm not feeling confident this weekend.
I expect Storm to win so next weeks game I think it’s Manly at GIO will be huge.
Our top 4 is hanging on by a thread due to our tough games. A win against Storm would shut a lot of people up. Reading the paper and listening to people it’s like they just don’t want the Raiders in the top four they want Manly there not us.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Forget all the **** I was talking earlier in the week... we're winning this one
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Sitting at Brisbane airport waiting to travel to Vietnam. Don't imagine that I'll be able to find any screens showing the footy so I'm relying on the greenhouse for all Raiders news over the next fortnight. Thank you people of the Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

magoo wrote: August 16, 2019, 8:27 am Sitting at Brisbane airport waiting to travel to Vietnam. Don't imagine that I'll be able to find any screens showing the footy so I'm relying on the greenhouse for all Raiders news over the next fortnight. Thank you people of the Greenhouse
Are you staying in one of the major cities? If so find a sports bar. You might be lucky and they're showing the game on one of the screens.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

magoo, there's a website called watchnrl.com where you can watch games live if overseas. It's free to sign up and you can just cancel after two weeks.

I watched two games while over in Africa recently. It was good.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I can’t believe we won the Vietnam war and we still can’t watch rugby league on free to air while visiting our conquered lands.

What do you mean we didn’t win, I’ve seen the American war movies. We clearly won.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Back on topic please.

Storm by 29.