Storm 13+
25%

Total votes: 16

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Wiki Special »

edwahu wrote: August 13, 2019, 4:25 pm So seems my mocked suggestion 3 months ago that once BJ came back Havili would be replaced by Simonson and Horsburgh would be preferred as a middle was not a crazy hot take after all :hmmm
I've been on the same bandwagon for a while myself.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I'm happy with the changes. Best side possible because you can't justify dropping Simonnson.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Rickman wrote: I don't go looking for decisions that go against us as some sort of moral crusade, but I'm still able to see decisions that go against the Raiders as black and white. Guys like gangrenous have literally never conceded a decision that goes against us as being right. While I admire that kind of one-eyedism, that's just not me anymore.
That’s not true. Going in for some confirmation bias yourself?
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

Thank goodness we dont have that muppet Klein behind the whistle.
We have the best team possible. The Storm is formidable, but I remember a few wonderful games where our little ‘David’ Green Machine took on the ‘Goliath’ Storm and beat them! We can do it again!!
It’s Tuesday - lets have some faith. :)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote: August 13, 2019, 6:10 pm
The Rickman wrote: I don't go looking for decisions that go against us as some sort of moral crusade, but I'm still able to see decisions that go against the Raiders as black and white. Guys like gangrenous have literally never conceded a decision that goes against us as being right. While I admire that kind of one-eyedism, that's just not me anymore.
That’s not true. Going in for some confirmation bias yourself?
I literally never seen you argue the other way on a single decision.

Go on, prove evidence to the counter, because I can come up with half a dozen to prove my point off the top of my head.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Nick Cotric send off
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

So phil "qld are looking tired" Gould thinks we aren't good enough.. Chances of a grand final win have just gone way up Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

#NRLStormRaiders Hear from Canberra Raiders Bailey Simonsson and Corey Horsburgh on the upcoming clash with the Melbourne Storm! WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/fX2H50vw49L

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Nick Cotric send off
I do NOT remember you backing that as a send off in ANY of our ensuing discussions about it

Provide proof
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Rickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote:I agree it cuts it. But for me that’s a 6-7 week suspension he gets discounted to 4-5
I probably agree with you there, the worst kind of dangerous throw should be more than 5 weeks.

8 should be the base charge, which would mean Cotric is looking at about 5, and someone like Warea-Hergreaves would be looking at about 12

Saying all that though, it’s not like it needs stamping out of the game, tackles like Cotric’s are pretty rare these days. Everyone knows it’s a no go
Search is poor on the Tapatalk app. Not sure if there is one with precise wording on the send off. Plenty of me supporting longer suspension in the follow up thread, obviously in support of send off.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I like that Simmo has been rewarded with a spot in the 17, but Im not convinced the saftey 1st bench isnt the way to go. Havili, Simmo, Lui/ Horsburgh, Sutton.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Be brave to not have a reserve back on the bench. The game will be super fast and Joey will be gassed no doubt
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Yeah, I definitely think Simo on the bench is required for the next couple of weeks at least.

I know, I know, the Raiders medical crew will have done all the checks and balances...

...but come on, no-one actually believes that Cameron Smith would politely avoid pressure on Joey's neck all game, do they? I'll put money on a few crusher attempts and probably a grapple or two.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

I said to myself we WILL win either the Roosters game or Melb......I really think Raiders gonna Stun them early.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Nickman called me all kind of nasty things for pondering Havilli’s place on the bench. He assured me Havilli was a lock on the bench and I was foolish for even considering any other option. Now Ricky has gone and picked a team without him. I’m starting to lose my faith in Rickman’s judgement on players.

I think it’s a great bench though!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

I know I'll get hounded for this but anyway,
A bench of simmo Havili horse and Lui is a pretty handy bench, i would have Sutton unfortunately to miss out this week

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I agree. Think Havili is more damaging off the bench.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's the right team... Hors still makes me nerveous but he's been outstanding of late
I like Simo off the bench, and im curious as how he'll be used all things going well injury wise
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Neeeegz wrote:I know I'll get hounded for this but anyway,
A bench of simmo Havili horse and Lui is a pretty handy bench, i would have Sutton unfortunately to miss out this week

Similar to me, I would’ve had Simo, Havili, Lui and Sutton. Havili can easily play a running forward role and you have all bases covered there
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

It will be good for Havilli to get some proper minutes in Mounties in case he is needed as starting backup in later weeks. I don’t think we will miss his 10 minutes off the bench and there is much better cover and versatility in the bench that has been selected. Excited to see how Simmonsen will be used.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

The Rickman wrote:
Neeeegz wrote:I know I'll get hounded for this but anyway,

Similar to me, I would’ve had Simo, Havili, Lui and Sutton. Havili can easily play a running forward role and you have all bases covered there
True, Havili plays a similar role to horse, so you could argue one or the other, Sutton looked a little off the pace, and is like 60 minutes at Mounties for him, leading into the finals he needs to run a little harder in my opinion. Some ks in the legs will help us down the track when we need it.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:It will be good for Havilli to get some proper minutes in Mounties in case he is needed as starting backup in later weeks. I don’t think we will miss his 10 minutes off the bench and there is much better cover and versatility in the bench that has been selected. Excited to see how Simmonsen will be used.
I agree, and knowing Simmonsen 7’s background I think he can offer a bit of zip and a point of difference option for us which Havilii can’t
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2019, 10:20 pm
Billy Walker wrote:It will be good for Havilli to get some proper minutes in Mounties in case he is needed as starting backup in later weeks. I don’t think we will miss his 10 minutes off the bench and there is much better cover and versatility in the bench that has been selected. Excited to see how Simmonsen will be used.
I agree, and knowing Simmonsen 7’s background I think he can offer a bit of zip and a point of difference option for us which Havilii can’t
Yep - if Hodgo is out then Havilli is first picked, but while we have a fit and healthy 80 minute hooker in the team there are much better bench options than Havilli.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:
Yep - if Hodgo is out then Havilli is first picked, but while we have a fit and healthy 80 minute hooker in the team there are much better bench options than Havilli.
100% agree!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2019, 10:25 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
100% agree!
Well I’m glad we’ve sorted out the forward pack and bench. There is one change I’d like to see to the backline but I’ll trust Ricky’s judgement to pick the best team.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I don't mind the path Sticky is taking with the bench here but hypothetically, if Hodgo needs replacing who goes to hooker? Bateman? Sezer with Whitehead going to halves?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: August 13, 2019, 10:42 pm I don't mind the path Sticky is taking with the bench here but hypothetically, if Hodgo needs replacing who goes to hooker? Bateman? Sezer with Whitehead going to halves?
I suspect Sezer with Whitehead into the halves.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: August 13, 2019, 10:42 pm I don't mind the path Sticky is taking with the bench here but hypothetically, if Hodgo needs replacing who goes to hooker? Bateman? Sezer with Whitehead going to halves?
I suspect Sezer with Whitehead into the halves.
I think he will play Simonnson there
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Did anyone notice that Cotric had 8 tackle breaks against the Roosters last week? They’ve got to get him involved somehow and not just hanging out on the wing!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

If our starting pack can make theirs, I think our bench forwards might be a little stronger since they lost Welch. Starting well is so important - once they are ahead they are very hard to catch, as their style of play is very suited to being in front.

Their left side attack is scintillating - they run everything at speed, with plenty of numbers and options. Leilua, Rapana, Sezer and Bateman will have a huge job on their hands.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’m nervous for Leilua. I hope he comes through and goes well.

While we’ve been great to watch as a fan I’ve still missed him. I’ve said this on here before but when the news of his injury was released to the public I was disappointed more as a league fan than Raiders fan. I was disappointed I wouldn’t get to watch him play more than worried about his loss to the team.

This team has come a long way but we daren’t forget what Leilua brings. And I
Hope he’s afforded some softness from the fans upon return given the difference he can make come finals and a months of getting that right could be a real key for us.

His defensive issues have always been overstated and tied in to being next to Austin for so long. In attack he just offers so much considering how limited he are. He’s a genuine ball playing target on the right given Bateman, CNK and Sezer struggle to release that edge. Boy I’d love to see him give his opposite number a bath first game back.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

LastRaider wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:26 am Did anyone notice that Cotric had 8 tackle breaks against the Roosters last week? They’ve got to get him involved somehow and not just hanging out on the wing!
I did not, however if some of them are when he is running sideways -> then they are somewhat irrelevant. Think Nick is a great player, but his game on the weekend was one to forget. Would love to see him straighten up his attack - alla Simo.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I really hope ricky has a word to the team anout how we work the ball out of our corners. Croker trying to take a hitup out of danger is a real waste of a tackle although he should be commended for his toughness. We need to be going 2 - 3 passes wide straight away and at least open up both sides of the field before rucking it out.
Id prefer croker to drop back and recieve kicks so cotric is available to hit it up if needed
Dont delete this GE
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LastRaider »

simo wrote:I really hope ricky has a word to the team anout how we work the ball out of our corners. Croker trying to take a hitup out of danger is a real waste of a tackle although he should be commended for his toughness. We need to be going 2 - 3 passes wide straight away and at least open up both sides of the field before rucking it out.
Id prefer croker to drop back and recieve kicks so cotric is available to hit it up if needed
We need to start doing 2 - 3 passes out on most sets. We get caught in doing this 1 out all the time and places to much pressure on our kickers to get us out of trouble. Run the big men at the backs I say! (Sezer also needs to step up here and guide the play)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

simo wrote: August 14, 2019, 11:03 am I really hope ricky has a word to the team anout how we work the ball out of our corners. Croker trying to take a hitup out of danger is a real waste of a tackle although he should be commended for his toughness. We need to be going 2 - 3 passes wide straight away and at least open up both sides of the field before rucking it out.
I'm going to ignore the "red rag to the greenhouse" hidden in your post and press on regardless.

I'v been banging on about how predictable our back 5 rucking out hit ups are. No support runs, short pass or dummy half, one out. I knew who's run is next I'm damn sure the opposition do too.

I'd love to see us do as suggested, go two passes wide occasionally. Often enough to keep a team honest, but not every set. Fact is that the personel in our back 5 have also not been ideally suited for the task this year, unlike past years.

As far as hit ups goes:
Jack>>Charnze (bigger, better footwork, faster, slides in between better. Charnze all heart but too upright into the line)
Cotric>>Simo (origin level vs decent winger)
BJ>>everyone (he was a weapon)
Past Rapana>>>2019 Rapana (looks half busted to me)

It'd be really nice to have a Brad Clyde wouldn't it... But forwards don't seem bothered anymore.