Health and fitness

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

How healthy and happy are you?

Super healthy = Could trial for the Raiders
6%
Moderately healthy = I've got a six pack or at least I am trying to
34%
Slightly healthy = I eat junk and healthy stuff but I do walk (sometimes)
28%
Unhealthy = The only six pack I've got is for drinking
28%
Extremely unhealthy = Just don't ask
4%

Total votes: 53

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Health and fitness

Post by bonehead »

Dr Zaius wrote:Are you calling nickman fat?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
yeah he did and a swipe at TR's wealth as well
Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

bonehead wrote: July 13, 2019, 6:10 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:Are you calling nickman fat?

yeah he did and a swipe at TR's wealth as well
Looks like I’m just taking a few drive by pot shots today!

Should really check the spelling...
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I mean sure Nickman is a little cuddly. A little round around the edges. Some would say big boned. But he's in here looking for support in his quest for better health and you're taking pot-shots. You heartless ****.

Coastalraider
David Furner

Re: Run rabbit run thread

Post by Coastalraider »

Well I feel like he already has an aerodynamic advantage with that slick scull of his...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:I mean sure Nickman is a little cuddly. A little round around the edges. Some would say big boned. But he's in here looking for support in his quest for better health and you're taking pot-shots. You heartless ****.

This is disgusting stuff

I’m off to eat a bucket of kfc and cry
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: July 16, 2019, 6:31 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:I mean sure Nickman is a little cuddly. A little round around the edges. Some would say big boned. But he's in here looking for support in his quest for better health and you're taking pot-shots. You heartless ****.

This is disgusting stuff

Let’s be honest- you were getting the KFC anyway weren’t you?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote:
The Rickman wrote: July 16, 2019, 6:31 pm

This is disgusting stuff

Let’s be honest- you were getting the KFC anyway weren’t you?
Typical Tuesday really
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

So.. I didn’t have any plans for this weekend, which usually means something odd will come
Up last minute.

Last night I got an invite to run relay in a Moon Marathon tonight, doing a 10k leg. Problem is, I will miss the game.

Luckily I and super confident in thi result, it’s cricket score territory. Hall of game dinner, old boys round, and ‘the tigers’.

Hopefully I can get home to watch a replay before midnight :thumbsup
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So I went and did this yesterday ImageImage

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 21, 2019, 12:35 pm So I went and did this yesterday ImageImage

Offf! That’s epic! I did see something on insta about the event and thought you were running - did you team up or solo?!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Health and fitness

Post by The Nickman »

How the **** are you doing this ****, ****? That’s absolutely amazing you **** piece of brilliant ****
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Not bad Doc. My exercise this weekend peaked at ploughing through a packet of cookies while watching an amazing stage of LaTour last night.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 21, 2019, 12:35 pm So I went and did this yesterday ImageImage

Offf! That’s epic! I did see something on insta about the event and thought you were running - did you team up or solo?!
It's a team event. 4 people. Allowed to lose one, but need at least three to finish. Need to cross every checkpoint together.

Way back in Jan we set 20 hours as our goal. One of our team mates ITB played up during training two weeks ago. It was never right and was sore from the outset.

We were a couple of hours ahead of where we needed to be at one stage. Much of the last third is down steep hills, which is the last thing you want when you are having itb problems. I could feel mine niggling. My team mate that had started with problems was in excruciating pain, crying But the pain and vomiting. One of my other team mates legs were gone and couldn't run anymore.

We limped home, just under our goal of 20 hours, 7th out of 167 starters (112 finishers) and the second mixed team.

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Coastalraider wrote:

It's a team event. 4 people. Allowed to lose one, but need at least three to finish. Need to cross every checkpoint together.

Way back in Jan we set 20 hours as our goal. One of our team mates ITB played up during training two weeks ago. It was never right and was sore from the outset.

We were a couple of hours ahead of where we needed to be at one stage. Much of the last third is down steep hills, which is the last thing you want when you are having itb problems. I could feel mine niggling. My team mate that had started with problems was in excruciating pain, crying But the pain and vomiting. One of my other team mates legs were gone and couldn't run anymore.

We limped home, just under our goal of 20 hours, 7th out of 167 starters (112 finishers) and the second mixed team.

Brutal mate, massive achievement.

Hope you have soem time to reflect and rest up!!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Yeah lots of reflection. On a high today. Had to go into work for a little while today, but otherwise cruisy day. Went and got a massage.

CK is a muscle enzyme released when skeletal muscle is damaged. Upper limit of normal is 120. Mine was 980 this morning.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I ran today for the first time in two weeks (longest gap in about six months), ran 5km, have to say the last two kms actually HURT. Still, time was about 28:20, which is a pretty good morning time for me. A few minutes off my PB, but I never come close to times like that when running solo.

And even though the last two kms appeared to hurt more than they probably did, my recovery was pretty instantaneous, which was good.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: July 23, 2019, 10:43 am I ran today for the first time in two weeks (longest gap in about six months), ran 5km, have to say the last two kms actually HURT. Still, time was about 28:20, which is a pretty good morning time for me. A few minutes off my PB, but I never come close to times like that when running solo.

And even though the last two kms appeared to hurt more than they probably did, my recovery was pretty instantaneous, which was good.
Have you been out for parkrun mate, or have you got a sore head after the win last night :thumbsup
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Havent really trained for a week as I was starting to pick up the cold that is going around up here at the moment. Jumped on the velodrome after work yesterday for a fast 20k ride in the howling gale, felt ok.

Woke up this morning with a migraine, and couldn’t keep my breakfast down, so didn’t do my normal parkrun at 7 - started feeling better so went to another local one at 8.

Just pulled off a good time and won my age group for the first time - so glad I dragged my sorry **** out of bed :thumbsup
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

And I just got a free entry to City2Surf tomorrow - so looks like I’m running that on the way to canberra :roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How long does it take to run it? Don't want to cut it too fine!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2019, 8:14 pm How long does it take to run it? Don't want to cut it too fine!
I reckon I’ll be leaving Bondi about 9.45.... drive through at Sutton Forrest and BOOM.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: August 10, 2019, 8:49 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2019, 8:14 pm How long does it take to run it? Don't want to cut it too fine!
I reckon I’ll be leaving Bondi about 9.45.... drive through at Sutton Forrest and BOOM.
Fair enough. I’d still be walking at 2pm.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

First run today for nearly 18 months. And so begins the long road back.

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:36 pm First run today for nearly 18 months. And so begins the long road back.

I saw that mate, welcome back :thumbsup
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:23 am
The Rickman wrote: July 23, 2019, 10:43 am I ran today for the first time in two weeks (longest gap in about six months), ran 5km, have to say the last two kms actually HURT. Still, time was about 28:20, which is a pretty good morning time for me. A few minutes off my PB, but I never come close to times like that when running solo.

Have you been out for parkrun mate, or have you got a sore head after the win last night :thumbsup
Did my first parkrun in about five weeks last weekend. Bit of a slack period, I've lost three minutes off my time!

Gee it doesn't take long to lose it, does it??
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: August 12, 2019, 4:41 pm

Did my first parkrun in about five weeks last weekend. Bit of a slack period, I've lost three minutes off my time!

Nope, it’s brutal.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:

Tell me about it. Had 18 months off and took me 20 minutes to run 3 and a half k.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

God, this is ****

I’m just going to become a fat slob again
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I still haven't completed one

My shins will blow up around 3k on the dot and that's me done

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:God, this is ****

Don't be like that. I thought you had reached that point where running was pretty enjoyable and somewhat easy? Just remember you got to that point before, so you know how to get back there. Just got to keep at it.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:

Don't be like that. I thought you had reached that point where running was pretty enjoyable and somewhat easy? Just remember you got to that point before, so you know how to get back there. Just got to keep at it.

Yeah, I probably do and I’m still quite fit. Like, I play touch twice a week and I’m not even blowing much in games at all these days

But I need to get back to running a few days a week before work, even on the treadmill under the house. Problem is, I’m just lacking motivation
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Yeah, I probably do and I’m still quite fit. Like, I play touch twice a week and I’m not even blowing much in games at all these days

But I need to get back to running a few days a week before work, even on the treadmill under the house. Problem is, I’m just lacking motivation
Enter a race, and set yourself a goal for that race. Easiest way to maintain motivation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 13, 2019, 6:21 am
The Rickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Enter a race, and set yourself a goal for that race. Easiest way to maintain motivation.
yeah, different people find motivation in different ways but the one thing in common is having some form of target or purpose.

Interesting story about a mate of mine who was always a regular smoker. Gave up several times but always ended up restarting. The last time he gave up he decided to take up running. Partly to regain fitness and also give him a reason not to get back on the durries. Started with the 3-5km fun runs as a target, which was a decent effort given he struggle to run the end of the street to begin with. Once he got going he raised the bar and started targeting the 10km events. Gradually worked his way up to half marathons and eventually completed a full marathon. He kept on going and now does 100km ultra marathons. :woot:

This is a pretty extreme example but it was a simple case of starting small and gradually building. Key point though his original purpose was to stop going back to smoking again.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I walked 14km today. I dropped Susy at the auto transmission joint in Toronto at 7-30 this morning and walked home..7km. Then old mate rang me at 1pm and let me know Susy was right to go. Mrs PJ wasn't due home till 3pm. So I walked back to Toronto to pick up Susy..7km.

All in thongs..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: August 19, 2019, 4:59 pm I walked 14km today. I dropped Susy at the auto transmission joint in Toronto at 7-30 this morning and walked home..7km. Then old mate rang me at 1pm and let me know Susy was right to go. Mrs PJ wasn't due home till 3pm. So I walked back to Toronto to pick up Susy..7km.

All in thongs..
And footy shorts??

Good stuff PJ, I was up in Qld from what i heard the weather was pretty good (apart from gusty wind??)