Israel Folau

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Manbush »

“Israel Folau has hit out at the decision to shut down his crowdfunding page – which was intended to cover the costs of his legal challenge against Rugby Australia – saying it is evidence of a mounting campaign of discrimination against him and that his website has faced cyber-attacks.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Glad it was taken down.

Pity that the geese who donated to this and support him are using this to fuel their outrage at a perceived slight.
I think it sucks that they’re getting their money back

Anyone stupid enough to waste money on hate-fueled propaganda don’t deserve a refund
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Manbush wrote:“Israel Folau has hit out at the decision to shut down his crowdfunding page – which was intended to cover the costs of his legal challenge against Rugby Australia – saying it is evidence of a mounting campaign of discrimination against him and that his website has faced cyber-attacks.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... MP=soc_567
Donald Folau

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous »

Hope you enjoyed watching that one at home Folau!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:36 pm Hope you enjoyed watching that one at home Folau!
Like an overwhelming majority of most australians, i doubt Isreal was watching.
It is RU afterall
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:49 pm
gangrenous wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:36 pm Hope you enjoyed watching that one at home Folau!
It is RU afterall
Their, and his, loss! It was a really entertaining game.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:24 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:49 pm
It is RU afterall
Their, and his, loss! It was a really entertaining game.
Especially given the NRL alternative was Dogs vs Tigers
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha yeah look that's fair, that game was an attrocity

I did watch the highlights and it seemed like this was a very open and expansive game and not the kick and clap rubbish RU has been for the better part of my life

A secret shame of mine is i dont mind watching the odd super rugby game where it's two NZ teams playing... those can be really entertaining games.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

He closed his twitter and Instagram accounts less than 24hrs before his hearing was due to start. :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush! I assumed you were dead!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote: August 12, 2019, 9:05 pm Haha yeah look that's fair, that game was an attrocity

I did watch the highlights and it seemed like this was a very open and expansive game and not the kick and clap rubbish RU has been for the better part of my life

A secret shame of mine is i dont mind watching the odd super rugby game where it's two NZ teams playing... those can be really entertaining games.
I've stopped watching Super Rugby altogether. They've bloody nearly killed it, in my opinion.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: August 13, 2019, 12:03 pm Manbush! I assumed you were dead!
Obsession transcends death.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: August 13, 2019, 12:03 pm Manbush! I assumed you were dead!
There's a difference between death and a restraining order, old friend.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I've missed manbush

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Sorry to dash your hopes mate :)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Even I'VE missed you, Manbush!! Where have you been, you complete creep?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I’ve been lurking around mate, peeping in from the bushes, just enjoying life and enjoying our season so far.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It's funny, whenever I picture you in my head you're either lurking or peeking out of bushes or lurking in bushes... hope you've been well.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Rickman wrote:It's funny, whenever I picture you in my head you're either lurking or peeking out of bushes or lurking in bushes... hope you've been well.
You forgot ear deep in flood water

FTR I’ve missed you too Bushy
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:Sorry to dash your hopes mate :)
Assumed with great sadness, sir!

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

FWIW i absolutely did not miss manbush and i am terribly sorry to see him return :(