17%

Total votes: 12

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 21 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Botman »

Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:48 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:11 pm Woody, if its in the rule book, stated clear as day, then im afraid yes it is a penalty. It's not open to common sense or interpreation, it just is.
If you want to say the rule if **** garbage, fine. But it is a penalty.
You're trying to interpret a game of footy in clear black and white and it isn't. I try to stay off the officials' back because you actually need to apply some common sense. And the funniest thing about that is if you think about it Henry Perenara should have the most advantage in this area but he's actually the worst ref in the game so I don't know anymore. I fundamentally disagree with you watching a game of football with a transcript of law and order in your back pocket to come on here and try justify this stuff. You've done it with the Cotric tackle, the Ponga sin bin and other things, you're not watching footy, you're trying to obtain a GH law degree by arguing absurd points that fly in the face of the game of football. Watch football mate and apply the common sense of what you remember from playing the game.
:lol: Im not trying to justify anything. Im telling you the rules.
You can disagree with them, you can say they're bad rules but they are rules and your silly rants wont change those facts

I watch football, every weekend and understand it as it is in 2019. You watch football like its 1980. Wake up, Grandpa. No one cares how it was back in your day. We’re dealing with the reality of how it is today
Last edited by Botman on August 11, 2019, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Coastalraider wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:20 pm
-TW- wrote: August 11, 2019, 5:17 pm
PigRickman wrote:
Makaveli wrote: August 11, 2019, 4:23 pm How good is Tupou. He took a thousand hit ups and tough carries out of trouble. Our wingers should take note

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Raps work out of hooker this year has been suboptimal to say the least
Stops fends, fends, gets gang tackled

Every god damn time

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Yep. This tactic lost its effectiveness in 2016 when refs stopped penalising markers for not being square.
Yeah Raps wasn’t great but Simmonsen didn’t do enough to keep him out. Cotric wasn’t flash either today and Crocker came up with a bad miss on that first try.

Assuming Croker recovers from the head knock I’d say BJ comes into centre, Cotric to the wing and Simmonsen misses out next week.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Canberra Milk wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:48 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 6:03 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 11, 2019, 5:40 pm Interesting that Vunivalu has been penalised for a mistimed contest vs Souths

Not the same situation as the Souths player didn't have the ball yet unlike CNK, but interesting
I think both calls were right
Both players have a right to the football

For CNK, Topou comes in to attack the ball, realises he's flat footed and has no leverage to out leap CNK who's coming in hot... he's entitled to stand his ground, he's not entitled to attack the player in the air and he didnt. CNK spills it, try time.

i've seen it argued here "Well, then that's what everyone should do, get under the ball and not contest!"
And that's fine, and 99/100 the fullback wont try and take a mark of the year speccy over the top of said player and wrap up and tackle. Which is what CNK should have done here. It was a classic "Theirs!" call imo. Let em have it, and tackle him immediately, if they want to try and throw it out the back or tap it around or whatever, ill take my chances there. Those rarely work that far out from the line, and we had bodies around.

Vunivalu leaps to attack the ball, is so god damn early that he lands before the ball even gets near the contest. He's taken the Rabbitohs player out off the ball. The Rabbitohs player was denied a fair crack at the footy, CNK wasnt, He got as clean a look as you could want, except he was trying to take it over the top of another player.
He certainly had a fair crack at the ball and I agree that's a key difference between the two. But I think you're dismissing too easily the fact that the Roosters benefitted from mistiming their contest attempt. It's exactly the same effect as a tackle in the air, just without the intent. If you butcher a contest that badly that you end up tackling a guy, you should be penalised
We can argue the nuance of the rule, but for me the rule sucks.

If Elliot gets a penalty for making Kc tact with the head, without intent, simply because of player welfare (which I agree with), then taking out a players legs while in the air should be the same. The possible consequences of the CNK example are far worse than Smellys ‘high’ tackle.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

On our attack, it was their great defence which exposed our weaknesses. Predictable at times (Croker getting the ball and getting bundled out in the last minutes), no plan B after Hodgson fails to bamboozle and find runners near the line, ineffective repeat set building

But against lesser teams we'd have found a way to score anyway. I still don't know how they stopped Wighton and Sezer short of the line a couple of times there though. I reckon any team other than Roosters or Storm we would have scored those
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Woodgers wrote:
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 7:07 pm
Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 7:01 pm Robinson is being a ****. He is training his players to kill momentum using the rules as his tool.
That's not how i see it at all, i actually think situation is far more appalling than some tactic to stop us from getting a quick play the ball on tackle 5, 30 out from the try line. But there can be nothing gained from arguing it with people so im just not going to bother... this week Image
So Nicko, my comment aside....you didn't think the Roosters skirted the rules today to delay the momentum and fast football we wanted to play? I'm confused at what you're trying to say here.
I'd doesn't matter if they did, it's something we can learn and maybe use down the track for ourselves

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Canberra Milk wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:58 pm On our attack, it was their great defence which exposed our weaknesses. Predictable at times (Croker getting the ball and getting bundled out in the last minutes), no plan B after Hodgson fails to bamboozle and find runners near the line, ineffective repeat set building

But against lesser teams we'd have found a way to score anyway. I still don't know how they stopped Wighton and Sezer short of the line a couple of times there though. I reckon any team other than Roosters or Storm we would have scored those
Yep - they are a good team but we aren’t a million miles off them. I think come finals you need a few things to go your way. I’m happy with where we are.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Coastalraider wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:54 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:48 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 6:03 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 11, 2019, 5:40 pm Interesting that Vunivalu has been penalised for a mistimed contest vs Souths

Not the same situation as the Souths player didn't have the ball yet unlike CNK, but interesting
I think both calls were right
Both players have a right to the football

For CNK, Topou comes in to attack the ball, realises he's flat footed and has no leverage to out leap CNK who's coming in hot... he's entitled to stand his ground, he's not entitled to attack the player in the air and he didnt. CNK spills it, try time.

i've seen it argued here "Well, then that's what everyone should do, get under the ball and not contest!"
And that's fine, and 99/100 the fullback wont try and take a mark of the year speccy over the top of said player and wrap up and tackle. Which is what CNK should have done here. It was a classic "Theirs!" call imo. Let em have it, and tackle him immediately, if they want to try and throw it out the back or tap it around or whatever, ill take my chances there. Those rarely work that far out from the line, and we had bodies around.

Vunivalu leaps to attack the ball, is so god damn early that he lands before the ball even gets near the contest. He's taken the Rabbitohs player out off the ball. The Rabbitohs player was denied a fair crack at the footy, CNK wasnt, He got as clean a look as you could want, except he was trying to take it over the top of another player.
He certainly had a fair crack at the ball and I agree that's a key difference between the two. But I think you're dismissing too easily the fact that the Roosters benefitted from mistiming their contest attempt. It's exactly the same effect as a tackle in the air, just without the intent. If you butcher a contest that badly that you end up tackling a guy, you should be penalised
We can argue the nuance of the rule, but for me the rule sucks.

If Elliot gets a penalty for making Kc tact with the head, without intent, simply because of player welfare (which I agree with), then taking out a players legs while in the air should be the same. The possible consequences of the CNK example are far worse than Smellys ‘high’ tackle.
Agree and it's also worse because the CNK incident was caused by Tupou's error, whereas Whitehead couldn't have done anything differently

The commentators cited "common sense" in favour of the decision but the common sense position is clearly the opposite: he was taken out in the air. Just because Tupou didn't mean it doesn't change that
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Just to add to my previous post and i think this is important because i think it touches on why many people have issues with the game today.

I havent played the game at any competitive level for 15 years, no idea how long it's been since Woodgers has, im guess since he's older than me, he is closer to 30 years on that mark. ( :D )

Why the **** would you apply anything from how we remember playing the game to now? the game is fundimentally different. And it's adjudicated differently. I think that's sometimes the problem, people want the game to resemble the game they grew up watching and playing. It's nostalgia, mixed with a bit of back in my day and a heavy dose of get off my lawn

The game has changed and the way it is adjuicated has changed, for the better in some ways and not so in others. You cant just get rooted into interpreting events on the field with an old outdated mentality of what you think the game should look like.... well you can, but it wont be a fun experience because you'll spend the whole time complaining about whats wrong with the game.

20 years ago you could stink a guy for a facial in the ruck, the only eyelid batted was the ones of the guys taking the punches. It was part of the game. It's evolved now. You dont have to like it, or agree with it, but it is what it is. And you have to some level accept it and let your view on the game and what happens on the field evolve with it
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Lui_Bon wrote:random thoughts:

1. Hodgson spent to much time stepping away from the ruck before passing, which killed a lot of what momentum there was. I don't know if it's because in the big game he thought he should be doing more himself, or simply because the attacking structures were for some reason hardly ever in place.

2. Which leads to his pointless passing to Bateman. Set him up to fail too many times instead of giving it to Sezer.

3, Ashley Klein is the worst referee in years. He did over both teams today, he's done it before, he is hopeless in the bunker, and yet the other clowns in the bunker are obliged to support him when he sends a decision up the wrong way. It's a tragedy that they still think he's almost the best rather than clearly the worst ref on the roster. He will no doubt destroy the Grand Final.

4. Can we change the utterly predictable 3 hitups from the back 3 which kill us at the start of games? Is the forward pack that tired from running out onto the field? Now you know what Robinson means by "predictable".

5. Agree that the bench wasn't quite up to the mark today. That may get better.

6. I didn't see how we could just keep winning all the way to the Grand Final. Now we don't have to, the winning run just starts next week in Melbourne - it better, I bought tickets months ago.
Point 4, Cory was used as a link man last week. Not one this week, roosters defence was too quick.
And 1-2 out of the ruck is predictable, also Hodgo gave no early ball, too nervous, or jittery tonight, he played well, but one dimensional attack up the guts won't win us the title.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trent Robinson basically admits to his cheating tactics in his press conference. If anyone wants to listen with their ears open. Then he gets upset with the strips... I can see why a programmed coach like Robinson doesn't like them because they're a momentum changer and hard to coach against. And he is, for once, behind the benchmark team in that skill. But that is exactly why the fans LIKE it and have voted in clear favour in the NRL Fans' Poll.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Stuart also complained about the stripping rule if you want to listen with your ears open.
When asked about it he said its very tough on the officials and it's another grey area they are expected to keep an eye on amongst the other things and it just makes things harder.
What are you reading into those comments?

Not a glowing endorsement of it, is it?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I also see Greg Alexander complaining about Josh Hodgson rushing up on the kicker... but the bottom line is this. He runs when the kick clears the ruck. You're allowed to run as soon as the foot touches the ball and strikes it back in the play the ball.

Why any Raiders fan would pay the slightest bit of attention to anything that comes out of Greg Alexander's mouth... when it comes to commentating on the Raiders... well... you're surely trolling.

BTW I saw the Roosters doing the same thing rushing off the line all game... it is called "quick line speed"... but the difference was their whole line was standing off side to start!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Brandy had significant money on the roosters to cover today, im sure of it. Haha
He highlighted on replay where Hodgson was apparently miles offside, his foot is inline with the official when the hooker picks up the ball

the man is a ****, no ifs or buts about it. Blocker not far behind.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Stuart also complained about the stripping rule if you want to listen with your ears open.
When asked about it he said its very tough on the officials and it's another grey area they are expected to keep an eye on amongst the other things and it just makes things harder.

Ricky is saying it in a way that if it's in the rules, we will use it, but backed the refs because we have been the best at it and he wouldn't want that to change ..so they don't put us in the black book

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Brandy had significant money on the roosters to cover today, im sure of it. Haha
He highlighted on replay where Hodgson was apparently miles offside, his foot is inline with the official when the hooker picks up the ball

Blocker loves the raiders

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:27 pm Stuart also complained about the stripping rule if you want to listen with your ears open.

I think you better listen again. He's actually talking about the constant stoppages today from the Roosters.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Na i heard it fine the first time. I was listening with my ears open. His message about it was clear. And echo'd Robinson's.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote: You're allowed to run as soon as the foot touches the ball and strikes it back in the play the ball.
a lot of fans don't understand this and it **** me to tears, they think it's when the acting half picks up the ball

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:38 pm Na i heard it fine the first time. I was listening with my ears open. His message about it was clear. And echo'd Robinson's.
Nah... you need to have another listen, clearly. With your ears open this time.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I don't need a lesson on the rules Pigman, I know the rules I'm talking about where the discrepancies are and you want to apply them with no grey, mostly I think to win internet arguments. The big problem with where you're at mate is you're actually a pretty cluey bloke on footy, but you've spent 2 years aligning yourself with other deadheads trying to go on some crusade that the Raiders are treated the same as everyone else so you spend half your week justifying stupid referee decisions that go against the Raiders to win some moronic argument which are redundant.

I told you before I've actually worked on concussion in sport for the Australian Government and I have a reasonable grasp on these things that go beyond reading an NFL manifest. I'm not asking for players to not be protected, i'm saying that as an official in any sport you're adjudicating foul play and trying to let the players sort the result out, not getting down in the weeds on technicalities otherwise you blow your whistle every tackle as you'll find something. So step back. As a referee i'd never pull up say Radley for the same tackle on Tapine because the bloke is unable to avoid contact with the head there, he hasn't initiated it. It's simple and blokes like you are killing the game with absurd assertions and bush lawyer tactics in a weird attempt to prove you're not a complete dunce while hiding behind 'good one Grandpa' which is laughable. But you follow American sport so you're probably 40 years in front of me here I guess.

It's not that hard. Most of us can look at that Whitehead tackle and understand it is an accident and play on. The same way we can see Rapana flying in on the 4th tackle with a swinging forearm to give away a rightful penalty. And also to view JWH deliberately swinging one at Wighton on the line. You say you watch a lot of footy, this isn't hard to decipher. Where you're at right now is trying to win debates on technicalities and specifics but the game of football doesn't work within those confines, there are heaps of shades of grey which is why I said many times I sympathise with the refs as you're working in those parameters. But having held the whistle in many sports it is pretty easy to identify proper foul play.
Last edited by Woodgers on August 11, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

-TW- wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:39 pm
greeneyed wrote: You're allowed to run as soon as the foot touches the ball and strikes it back in the play the ball.
a lot of fans don't understand this and it **** me to tears, they think it's when the acting half picks up the ball

Forget fans, highly paid analysts of the game like Alexander and Roach dont understand it :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:32 pm Brandy had significant money on the roosters to cover today, im sure of it. Haha

I think there are far too many conspiracy theories about people who have it in for the Raiders but I have to admit Brandy is a shocker! He seems to have a strong vent against the raiders and struggles to be objective in commentary.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:40 pm I don't need a lesson on the rules Pigman,
And i dont need to be condesended to by you and told to watch footy, that's where i stopped and that's where i will stop.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:51 pm
Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:48 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 9:11 pm Woody, if its in the rule book, stated clear as day, then im afraid yes it is a penalty. It's not open to common sense or interpreation, it just is.
If you want to say the rule if **** garbage, fine. But it is a penalty.
You're trying to interpret a game of footy in clear black and white and it isn't. I try to stay off the officials' back because you actually need to apply some common sense. And the funniest thing about that is if you think about it Henry Perenara should have the most advantage in this area but he's actually the worst ref in the game so I don't know anymore. I fundamentally disagree with you watching a game of football with a transcript of law and order in your back pocket to come on here and try justify this stuff. You've done it with the Cotric tackle, the Ponga sin bin and other things, you're not watching footy, you're trying to obtain a GH law degree by arguing absurd points that fly in the face of the game of football. Watch football mate and apply the common sense of what you remember from playing the game.
:lol: Im not trying to justify anything. Im telling you the rules.
You can disagree with them, you can say they're bad rules but they are rules and your silly rants wont change those facts

I watch football, every weekend and understand it as it is in 2019. You watch football like its 1980. Wake up, Grandpa. No one cares how it was back in your day. We’re dealing with the reality of how it is today
Every week after every game after every round everyone talks about the refs and how they keep stuffing things up. From the on field ref to the video ref the inconsistency is appalling just like the NRL Judiciary. The bottom line is the Raiders don't have that next level yet they can't win these games. With Storm next week away and a few more hard games like the Sharks I can see the club drop to 5th. The Raiders just do not have that mentality like Storm etc to win these big games we get close but getting close or losing by 40 means the same we can not beat the top teams...yet. Storm may give us a touch up because in the past the Raiders struggle to lift to the intensity needed to beat Storm trust me we will be flat. I'm just saying I love the Raiders but it's the truth.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Yeah I got shirty at a Roosters fan mate of mine about Robbo in the press conference, until he pointed out that Robbo actually praised our stripping ability, and was angry at the rule itself.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:42 pm
Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:40 pm I don't need a lesson on the rules Pigman,
And i dont need to be condesended to by you and told to watch footy, that's where i stopped and that's where i will stop.
:lol:
Same time next week mucker?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

Some interesting thoughts here about our performance.

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2019/08 ... mpatience/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

We were good enough to win that. Created enough opportunities. Just a difference in execution in the end. Should have had a Tapine try. Should have had a Wighton try and in the key moments they just came up with what they needed.
Looking forward to Melbourne next week.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I was at todays game. I had no doubt at the game that Tupuo had contacted CNK before the ball came down. The score board replay at the ground is hard to make out detail. So when I got home I had a look and yep Tupou has challenged for the ball, tried to pull out but both players have their feet off the ground when contact with CNK is made and the ball has not yet arrived. The fact Tupou is facing towards his own try line does not negate the fact that his momentum is towards the Raiders try line when contact happens. Under todays rules that should have been a penalty to the Raiders.

This was the longest game since the 1969 Grand Final and for the same reasons. The Roosters players, often 30 to 40 meters from the action would go down 'hurt'. The refs would then stop the play. This killed all momentum in the game. The play the ball was atrocious from both sides but I would say the Chooks, who held down far more often and longer than the Raiders and no action was taken. Whatever happened to a couple of penalties for the hold down, warn the offending captain and then use the sin bin. Instead we were treated to WWE set after set.

We did not start the game with the aim of driving the Chooks backwards in tackles. Why the hell not? This should have been played like a finals trial and that is what we should have been doing. The Chooks stopped Jack very close to the line and that was great defence from them. I have to question the flat footed attack of the Raiders. Too often a player took the ball standing still. Then the player did not run straight. Far too much cross field wandering during this match. In the final 20 minutes we seemed to have put away the grubber kick to the ingoal. I simply don't know why. We had plenty of opportunity but just didn't execute it. I hope for better against Storm next week.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

KasparRaider wrote: August 11, 2019, 11:06 pm Some interesting thoughts here about our performance.

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2019/08 ... mpatience/
Fantastic article. The only thing I would add to it, and I think that the general theme of impatience pretty much covers it anyway, is that while the right side attack never looked good, the left side was massively overoptimistic thinking it could get round the roosters - against worse teams, yes, but not those guys.

Anything I ever said before about sportress I take back and apologise for.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

We should have won today, a weakened Roosters forward pack and at home in weather that suits us. Disappointing but as I said next year is going to be our year!
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Decent game. One of finals intensity, though probably not quite finals quality. They were a bit below their best and we never really settled - lacking in poise in some key points where we had the chance to take the game. I agree that the refereeing was poor on the whole, though disagree that it favoured the Roosters or determined the result. The Latrell try is a try every day of the week for me, CNK went for a massive play and made a mess of it - nothing more, nothing less. He's had a fantastic year and will bounce back no doubt.

Our forwards continued to impress. Papalii was his usual self and Tapine is really getting his mojo back, which for me has been the biggest positive of the last couple of weeks. He could really propel this team to another level if he can stay fit heading into September.

I thought both Bateman and Rapana got caught up on the chat/niggle a bit and ultimately got shown up. I agree with some other posters that Rapana looks sluggish as a whole, today he seemed happy to dish out a fair bit of chat but ultimately got owned by his opposing man. Not sure whether it was a deliberate tactic to try and get under Latrell's skin or something that came in the heat of the contest, but needless to say it didn't work.

I thought both Cronk and Keary came up with some amazing plays in defence for the Chooks. 5 or 6 times I thought we had them and yet those fellas managed to make one on one tackles on the likes of Wighton and Tapine. Have to give credit to those boys for that, though on another day we could have easily got an extra try or two from these plays. Also, even the blindest hate for the Roosters - which I certainly have at least at times - can't obscure the brilliance of Tedesco. His pass for Tupou's second try was absolutely brilliant. If it takes play like that to beat us then I think we're in pretty good stead, looking forward to seeing how we back up next week against the Storm.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Woodgers wrote: August 11, 2019, 11:01 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 11, 2019, 10:42 pm
:lol:
Same time next week mucker?
:D
Of course
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Tedesco's set up for the first try was brilliant also Twisted. JC raced up and in as he has done so often and Teddy got on his outside and simply burned him for pace. He looked infield and there was the support player who he gave the ball to for the TRY in no time at all. Offer anything other than a solid straight line in defence and he will get through. He is the best FB in the world and this game was simply a demonstration as to why. He was brilliant. As a fan of the game, I can only marvel at his pace and level of attacking skill. The one that got away.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That first try was caused by a player racing up and producing the ineffective tackle, but Jack Wighton was the player to do it... at least first. The left edge was already short men, and then the decision inside Croker left that edge even more exposed.