Congratulations to Jarrod Croker on his 250th match!

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Congratulations to Jarrod Croker on his 250th match!

Post by Bay53 »

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2019, 3:01 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 5, 2019, 2:16 pm I’ll start. First time I saw Jarrod Croker play was in junior reps out at Seiffert Oval. You could tell straight away he’d be a first grader and I thought a rep player. He deserves to have had a shot at the Blues and Kangaroos, hopefully that’s still to come.

The top try and point scorer in the club’s history, a great player and an absolute credit to the club as captain on and off the field.
Yeah, remember watching him in the U20's comp back in 2008. He was always dependable but didn't get the same attention as some of the 'stars' like Dugan, Vidot, Picker and Carney. Then watched him play for Souths Logan in the pre-season curtain raiser for the Raiders vs Dogs trial at Logan Reserve. That was the first time I thought he looked genuine first grade talent. There was something about the way he moved across the turf. Ran great lines and had an almost effortless change of direction to wrong foot the defense.

Interestingly of that team that won the 2008 U20s comp only him, Dugan and Fensom turned in successful NRL careers. Shows how hard it is for the top juniors to transition into the NRL.
Not strictly speaking counted because he was injured and missed the GF but Joel Thompson has also had a very good career.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: August 6, 2019, 7:02 pm Image

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders co-captains Jarrod Croker and Josh Hodgson on Croker's 250th match in green this Sunday! WIN News Canberra reports... http://ow.ly/5YTm50vp94b

#NRL  #WeAreRaiders  #wearecbr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why? Plenty of 20 year olds look like that now and look alright.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why what?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bay53 wrote: August 6, 2019, 8:58 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2019, 3:01 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 5, 2019, 2:16 pm I’ll start. First time I saw Jarrod Croker play was in junior reps out at Seiffert Oval. You could tell straight away he’d be a first grader and I thought a rep player. He deserves to have had a shot at the Blues and Kangaroos, hopefully that’s still to come.

The top try and point scorer in the club’s history, a great player and an absolute credit to the club as captain on and off the field.
Yeah, remember watching him in the U20's comp back in 2008. He was always dependable but didn't get the same attention as some of the 'stars' like Dugan, Vidot, Picker and Carney. Then watched him play for Souths Logan in the pre-season curtain raiser for the Raiders vs Dogs trial at Logan Reserve. That was the first time I thought he looked genuine first grade talent. There was something about the way he moved across the turf. Ran great lines and had an almost effortless change of direction to wrong foot the defense.

Interestingly of that team that won the 2008 U20s comp only him, Dugan and Fensom turned in successful NRL careers. Shows how hard it is for the top juniors to transition into the NRL.
Not strictly speaking counted because he was injured and missed the GF but Joel Thompson has also had a very good career.
Yep, fair call. He was a key player all year.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters games bookend career milestones for Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker

This Sunday Jarrod Croker becomes just the second player in Raiders' history to join the 250-game club, still 68 behind club leader Jason Croker. The latest milestone comes against the team Croker faced in his NRL debut in 2009.

"It's something I'm very proud of," Croker said of his 250th game. "If you told me I'd play 250 games for this club all that time ago, I would have laughed at you.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/07/roo ... ilestones/

VIDEO: Croker proud of latest milestone: Raiders captain Jarrod Croker admits he's proud to reach 250 games for the club and is stoked to be reaching it in front of a big crowd at Canberra Stadium on Sunday afternoon: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... milestone/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Croker 250

This weekend, Canberra Captain Jarrod Croker will continue to cement himself in Raiders folklore when he becomes the second ever player to make 250 appearances in the lime green jersey.

"We’re going to do as much as we can to get the win for Jarrod,” said Whitehead. “[Croker] can keep getting those appearances and will one day get to the top, but this week we need that win," Elliott Whitehead said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08/07/croker-250/

VIDEO: Highlights: A tribute to Jarrod Croker: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... od-croker/
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

If you watch the tries that Jarrod has scored for the Raiders, you will see it all - great footwork, leaping for bombs, running through for grubbers, surprising strength/fend and speed. Also very good at setting up his outside man. He really is an extremely underrated attacking player. He has come up with plenty of clutch plays - whether they be goals, one on one strips, or cover defence.

He has been the scapegoat for our defensive frailties over the years, which I am still adamant were partly due to our poor control of the ruck and line speed making it extremely hard for our edge defence. Teams that allow a roll on like we have in the past few years are invariably found out on the edges, as it gives the opposition time and space to put on plays.

He has had a fantastic career, and it has been a pleasure watching him through the 20s to club captain - watching that development is what supporting a football team is all about. Off the field, you couldn't find a nicer guy and a better representative for the team. Congratulations Jarrod! Here's to 150 more.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Crokes is now the complete package.

He continues to work hard to improve elements in his game. Plenty of talented young players like Dugan or Aitken etc haven’t improved because they don’t recognise their flaws and work endlessly to improve them.

Croker is the ultimate rugby league professional getting 5% better each season without fuss.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Huge achievement! :clap: :clap:

And I hope he beats Cameron Smith’s point scoring record.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrod Croker taking his place among Canberra Raiders stars

Jarrod Croker's face is the first that springs to mind when Raiders coach Stuart pictures Canberra's core values of courage, respect, integrity, and professionalism.

"My number one goal for the club is premierships and that's why I'm hanging around," Croker says.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke - Jarrod Croker's 250th NRL game

If you see someone pacing nervously around Canberra Stadium on Sunday, it could be Jarrod Croker's mum, Pauline. Greg, Croker's dad and Pauline's husband, says she gets a bit worried during games.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrod Croker will go down in history as one of the Raiders greats

Such is his popularity, it would be no surprise to see a generation of young rugby league players in Canberra running around in the future donning Jarrod Croker-style white headgear.

This could be partly due to the fact that he gives his headgear away to fans after each game, but more so as a reflection of his positive influence within the community, not just rugby league.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/jarrod-croker-w ... ats/316935
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders Co-Captain Jarrod Croker's trajectory shows no sign of dipping at game 250

The sports world outside the ACT's borders is finally starting to catch up with how well the Canberra Raiders are performing — and more attention is coming as the club's co-captain prepares to hit a major milestone.

This season has already seen Croker become the youngest player in the history of the game to reach 1,900 NRL points, and overtake the similarly-named Jason Croker as the leading try scorer for the Raiders.

Read more: https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-08- ... SN_CLc9cTI
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Congrats to a fine player.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: From the trots to 250: Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker reveals his love of harness racing, how proud he is to reach 250 games and what it would mean to win a premiership:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/10/fro ... ts-to-250/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Looking forward to watching him run out for his 250th FG game. I hope he has a blinder.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Congratulations Captain. Hope you bag a double and kick 8 goals!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:27 pm Congratulations Captain. Hope you bag a double and kick 8 goals!
I hope he and the team WINS!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If he kicks 8 goals and we lose then it’s been a bizarre game!
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Congratulations Toots Jnr,legend of the club,and a nice bloke as well.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I hope there's a big banner he gets to run through and he gets stuck.

So Papa rips it to shreds....

That'd be funny..live on Foxsports.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

-PJ- wrote:I hope there's a big banner he gets to run through and he gets stuck.

So Papa rips it to shreds....

That'd be funny..live on Foxsports.
And then Leilua strolls through his 200th banner with ease
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:28 pm
gangrenous wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:27 pm Congratulations Captain. Hope you bag a double and kick 8 goals!
If the skipper scores two tries and kicks 8 goals and we lose something has gone drastically wrong.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2019, 9:28 pm
If the skipper scores two tries and kicks 8 goals and we lose something has gone drastically wrong.
a gold coast vs dragons type scoreline
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Teammates, celebrities and family pay tribute to Jarrod Croker: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... od-croker/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wonder if he'll remember his 250th. Looked out of it when he got replaced.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Croker 250 Jersey Presentation: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... sentation/