David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 21 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:36 am
Coastalraider wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:21 am
-PJ- wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:19 am
Coastalraider wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:14 am
-PJ- wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:06 am Well I'm lost..

I didn't know they changed that rule.

I shouldn't be surprised, they change rules all the time.
Yep I remember thinking when it was announced early in the year was that it was a nice gesture, but an eampty one for the NRL to make as we were never seen as a chance to take advantage of it.

Fast forward 6 months......
How's Wattanobi this morning ?
I can sort of see it from my place - looks normal. It’s like that scene in the Lion King - ‘Simba, everything the light touches is ours’ - ‘what’s that dark area over there dad’ -
‘son, that’s wattanobi. We don’t go there.’
Ha..
We've got a few suburbs like that up here. You don't stop at the red lights, sure you slow down and give way but never stop..if you stop..they steel ya wheels.
It’s really not that bad, it’s just got a bad name because - well - it’s got a bad name.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

That is awesome regarding the Prelim change!
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

When I read that we may have 2 shots at the GF, if we finish second, I knew this but........

I got butterflies, im excited!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

BJ not in any captains’ run photos, take that as you will.

Captains Run Gallery: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -roosters/

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

The other good thing about the prelim, is that given we’d have two weeks to prepare we could break the Brumbies ground record as we’d have time to bring in scaffold seating at either end of the stadium.

What are the odds of snow tomorrow? They’re talking it up on the radio, but the media loves a bit of hyperbole.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

cat wrote: August 10, 2019, 1:24 pm BJ not in any captains’ run photos, take that as you will.

Captains Run Gallery: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -roosters/

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
#smokescreen
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Johno wrote: August 10, 2019, 12:26 pm When I read that we may have 2 shots at the GF, if we finish second, I knew this but........

I got butterflies, im excited!
Finish top four and you get two bites at the cherry.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Timbo wrote: August 10, 2019, 2:10 pm The other good thing about the prelim, is that given we’d have two weeks to prepare we could break the Brumbies ground record as we’d have time to bring in scaffold seating at either end of the stadium.

What are the odds of snow tomorrow? They’re talking it up on the radio, but the media loves a bit of hyperbole.
It's frappin' freezing here at the moment and looking out towards the mountains I can see it snowing up there, but looks quite low. If this cloud cover stays I'd say the chances are decent for snow.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Cotric looked to be training at right centre judging by captain’s run photos. I’d say if Leilua is playing it’s via the bench.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Mate I think it's six of one half a dozen the other
The Rickman wrote:It’s still the wrong positions for both him AND Bateman IMO
Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I’m loving the anticipation for this game. Not just for raiders and roosters fan but everyone I know who is interested in league at all is looking forward to this game. Rightly so too! Two of the best teams both in great form facing off a few weeks out from the finals.

It’s hard to remember what it feels like to be considered one of the best teams in the league! It has legitimately been that long I can’t remember!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Why is it that everytime dubby quotes a post its placed above the original post ?

All messed up..it's like dubby is king of something..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It's the gh app.

Dude. I see plenty of people sucking at quoting, yet ya call me out? Dude!!

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Or you could have said.."yeah I'm the king"
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nah, I'm keeping it real. I suck.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

RObinsón's comments in the media about us weren't exactly flattering. Not sure if it is a strategy to try and throw us off our game.

We just have to focus in and keep doing what we've done, but even better.

I'm not confident, because we haven't gone that well against the other top sides so far. However I hope we pull it off, and if we do I'll be well and truly convinced we are legitimate contenders. Go Raiders
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm with ya Azza.
Azza wrote:RObinsón's comments in the media about us weren't exactly flattering. Not sure if it is a strategy to try and throw us off our game.

I'm not confident, because we haven't gone that well against the other top sides so far. However I hope we pull it off, and if we do I'll be well and truly convinced we are legitimate contenders. Go Raiders

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: August 10, 2019, 4:21 pm
Timbo wrote: August 10, 2019, 2:10 pm The other good thing about the prelim, is that given we’d have two weeks to prepare we could break the Brumbies ground record as we’d have time to bring in scaffold seating at either end of the stadium.

It's frappin' freezing here at the moment and looking out towards the mountains I can see it snowing up there, but looks quite low. If this cloud cover stays I'd say the chances are decent for snow.
It is not forecast to snow tomorrow. The weather forecast has slightly improved actually. Less chance of a shower. Tops 1mm. Top of 11C.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Capital chill? Makes snow difference to us, say confident Sydney Roosters ahead of Canberra Raiders clash

Swatting away suggestions his side won’t be as pumped as the Raiders, Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson insists the premiers will be ready for Sunday’s NRL blockbuster come rain, hail or sunshine. Or even snow.

“I don’t think weather’s ever dictated performance, or it won’t be dictating ours tomorrow,” he said before leaving Sydney on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a30b9ee686

Hopes for Canberra icebergs to greet Bondi hipsters

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said they got through their captain's run unscathed - despite the cold. And he says the conditions would be tough for both teams on Sunday - even his contingent of Poms.

"It's cold for everybody. It's like having to go to Queensland and having to play in 25 degrees at the moment," he said. "It's difficult whether it's hot or cold. It makes it uncomfortable for everyone.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders look to manipulate Sydney Roosters' backbone

They're the backbone of the Sydney Roosters. Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary. And the Canberra Raiders have spent the week working on minimising their impact.

"They've got two quality halves - Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary - they're very special players and steer the team around. They're the backbone of their machine.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

pickles wrote: August 10, 2019, 4:31 pm I’m loving the anticipation for this game. Not just for raiders and roosters fan but everyone I know who is interested in league at all is looking forward to this game. Rightly so too! Two of the best teams both in great form facing off a few weeks out from the finals.

It’s hard to remember what it feels like to be considered one of the best teams in the league! It has legitimately been that long I can’t remember!
Im hearing a lot of positivity from all directions. There’s a lot of belief in this team but the most important thing is that they believe in themselves. I hope the sports psychologist has had a few sessions, and McFadden had drummed even more defence training into them, with 9 days to consolidate.
We can do this, and I can assure you the Raiders fans will be out in force to support them ! Right everyone???
GO RAIDERS! You’ve go this one!! 💚💚💚
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Have not been this excited for a game in a long time!! Will be watching from a pub in Thailand
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

Who needs a teddy when you have a Charnze 😝👍
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

89_90_94_?? wrote: August 10, 2019, 8:14 pm Have not been this excited for a game in a long time!! Will be watching from a pub in Thailand
One eye on the ping pong and one on the footy?
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2019, 6:25 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 10, 2019, 4:21 pm

It is not forecast to snow tomorrow. The weather forecast has slightly improved actually. Less chance of a shower. Tops 1mm. Top of 11C.
Huh, my weather app still has the snowflake symbol next to tomorrow's forecast, but we'll see.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Old School Green wrote: August 10, 2019, 10:20 pm
89_90_94_?? wrote: August 10, 2019, 8:14 pm Have not been this excited for a game in a long time!! Will be watching from a pub in Thailand
One eye on the ping pong and one on the footy?
For some reason the wife won't let me watch the ping pong shows. To be honest a raiders win will get me more excited anyway.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Azza wrote: August 10, 2019, 6:08 pm RObinsón's comments in the media about us weren't exactly flattering. Not sure if it is a strategy to try and throw us off our game.

The only result that hurts our chances of winning the competition today is letting a game slip that we should win (e.g., ahead by 8 with 10 to go...). Anything other than that, including a 10-12 pt blow out against us - and it could work in our favour long term.

The game feels really important, but with Manly losing and us still to play them - it's not so much at this stage. Top 4 and win our first finals game is the goal
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Maybe so, however with the storm next week I'd feel a lot better if we managed to get some extra breathing space from 5th this week, so we can focus on top 2 rather than just the 4.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I feel like the best result would almost be we win all remaining games except the Storm game.

That way we probably get second place, we aren’t on a massive win streak any more, and the team stays hungry to find another gear to take Storm on in the finals.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I agree. Won't be easy though