Journeymen that improve at the Raiders

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: Journeymen that improve at the Raiders

Post by Lui_Bon »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 7, 2019, 4:09 pm
Cranky Old Man wrote: August 6, 2019, 2:03 pm I won't argue with the definition of "Journeyman" arrived at here, but I think of blokes like Clay Priest who come from nowhere, late, shine brightly at a club before moving on in pursuit of better options and disappear.
Prior to Priest there was a bloke named Bell who played centre/wing back in the day. Looked like a world beater, and was whilst here but moved on and slowly spun down the gurgler.
Mark Bell?

He was a Raiders junior wasn't he? Went to Wests and did OK. I think he also played some good footy at the Dragons.
The Javelin. He was a public servant at Defence iirc.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bell wasn't a journeyman fair dinkum

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mark Bell... very good player IMO.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He wasn't "very good ". He was ok. Didn't hear from him again after he joined Wests.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

You also thought CNK was **** ..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

schnitzel
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by schnitzel »

Schifcofske for mine. Crushers > Eels > Raiders where he became captain courageous and played SOO
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Did I?

Weird. I don't ever remember seeing him play!
-TW- wrote:You also thought CNK was **** ..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk