2019 Dally M Awards

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

2019 Dally M Awards

Post by greeneyed »

Fans speak on which players should claim NRL Dally M honours for 2019

A fan poll conducted by The Daily Telegraph suggests three Raiders are favourites for Dally M Awards this year.

John Bateman was strongly favoured as the Dally M Second Rower of the Year, with a massive 66 per cent of the vote.

Jarrod Croker finished on top for Centre of the Year, with 42 per cent of the vote, just ahead of Latrell Mitchell (38 per cent) - while Josh Papalii was seen as the premier prop (33 per cent), ahead of David Klemmer.

Other Raiders to poll include Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, third choice for fullback behind James Tedesco and Tom Trbojevic; Jack Wighton, second for five eighth behind Cameron Munster; Josh Hodgson, third for hooker, behind Damien Cook and Cameron Smith; and Ricky Stuart, second as coach, behind Des Hasler.

Read more: https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/sta ... 8872174593

http://bit.ly/2Ktxp3c
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Dally M Awards

Post by Northern Raider »

Paywall on the article. :(
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

But...But....But I though I only rated Croker because I was a raiders fan and ignored this terrible defense?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: August 6, 2019, 9:14 am Paywall on the article. :(
The twitter link gives all the results.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: August 6, 2019, 10:03 am
Northern Raider wrote: August 6, 2019, 9:14 am Paywall on the article. :(
The twitter link gives all the results.
Thanks GE.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dally M team of the year goes to players with the most Dally M votes in their respective positions?

If thats the case I can't see Croker getting enough votes to overtake Mitchell, who has a 6 point start up till Round 12. Bateman should bolt in for 2nd rower. Fullback is going to be tighter than this poll suggests with CNK, RTS, Turbo and even Gutho all racking up points to keep up with Teddy. Prop will be a close call between Paps and Klemmer.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

In previous years, it hasn't been based on Dally M votes, but has been determined by a panel. Often there is confluence, but not always. It is a bit of a black box.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: August 6, 2019, 11:07 am In previous years, it hasn't been based on Dally M votes, but has been determined by a panel. Often there is confluence, but not always. It is a bit of a black box.
Thanks for clearing that up GE.....I think.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Croker over Mitchell is an interesting one. I think its more refelective of Croker's popularity in the wider NRL community combined with some backlash against Mitchell for phoning it in during Origin 1.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Northern Raider wrote: August 6, 2019, 11:11 am Croker over Mitchell is an interesting one. I think its more refelective of Croker's popularity in the wider NRL community combined with some backlash against Mitchell for phoning it in during Origin 1.
Absolutely. That video of Mitchells seven lowlights in origin 1 was fairly damning.
This weekend could have a huge impact on the outcome.