14%
Warriors 13+
7%

Total votes: 14

Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Bay53 »

RedRaider wrote: August 3, 2019, 12:41 pm In the battle of the hyphenated fullbacks I thought our hyphen had more impact on the game than their hyphen. Like Australia, NZ now have choice between first class players at the back. I know only one of them has a Dally M so far, but I would not swap our hyphen for the Warriors hyphen.

I would.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I wouldn’t.

“No Charnze, in hell” as they say
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

gangrenous wrote: August 3, 2019, 7:46 pm I wouldn’t.

“No Charnze, in hell” as they say
Of course theres no charnze in hell. Hes god
Dont delete this GE
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m thinking more along the lines of that’s where we are without him.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Very different styles of player
Your floor is higher with CNK because of what he brings positionally and defensively every game.

RTS is hit and miss but no doubt his highs are significantly above CNK right now. I always bet on high side, so i'd take the punt on RTS in a direct trade, understanding full well it could blow up in your face.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

RTS is clearly a physically and technically a more gifted player than CNK. What you can't measure is the attitude that CNK is bringing us. He's playing for the team and everyone is comfortable with what he's bringing. You can't buy that kind of thing.

You can see unity within teams sometimes and I think the passion and appreciation CNK is showing up with at every game and training session is infectious. I see where Red is going with his comment, you wouldn't want to swap that out right now. He's a happy Raiders and doing his job, what more can you ask for?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don’t know why... but I love watching Corey Horsburgh’s reaction to the door falling off! And laugh every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Woodgers wrote: August 3, 2019, 11:00 pm RTS is clearly a physically and technically a more gifted player than CNK. What you can't measure is the attitude that CNK is bringing us. He's playing for the team and everyone is comfortable with what he's bringing. You can't buy that kind of thing.

You can see unity within teams sometimes and I think the passion and appreciation CNK is showing up with at every game and training session is infectious. I see where Red is going with his comment, you wouldn't want to swap that out right now. He's a happy Raiders and doing his job, what more can you ask for?
Hypothetical and we'll never know the truth but would we be in our current position if we didn't pick up CNK before start of season?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

It's a great question NR and imo it would be No, we would not be in this position. He is so safe at the back. At the end of 2018 it looked like Brad Abbey was to be our fullback in 2019 as there was a lot of doubt around whether Jack would play at all. Thankfully we appointed Cappy to the Assistant Coaches position and he recommended him after his time in NZ where he had watched CNK develop. Sticky has backed Cappy's judgement and DFJ has done the deal. CNK has then delivered. Lots of things had to fall into place and thankfully for us they have.

Without wishing to cause offence to the Abbey family, he is not in the same post code as CNK as an NRL FG fullback. The focus for the Raiders this year has been on our defence. Part of having a strong defence is not to give the opposition easy possession opportunities. CNK safe hands under the high ball and bouncing ball has been integral to our defensive position imo. He brings both confidence and competence to the team.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

RedRaider wrote: August 4, 2019, 4:38 am It's a great question NR and imo it would be No, we would not be in this position. He is so safe at the back. At the end of 2018 it looked like Brad Abbey was to be our fullback in 2019 as there was a lot of doubt around whether Jack would play at all. Thankfully we appointed Cappy to the Assistant Coaches position and he recommended him after his time in NZ where he had watched CNK develop. Sticky has backed Cappy's judgement and DFJ has done the deal. CNK has then delivered. Lots of things had to fall into place and thankfully for us they have.

Without wishing to cause offence to the Abbey family, he is not in the same post code as CNK as an NRL FG fullback. The focus for the Raiders this year has been on our defence. Part of having a strong defence is not to give the opposition easy possession opportunities. CNK safe hands under the high ball and bouncing ball has been integral to our defensive position imo. He brings both confidence and competence to the team.
I'd go along with that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Did anyone see this young fella after Oldifelds try :roflmao

https://twitter.com/armchairchampi2/sta ... 39009?s=21
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose the NRL Team of the Week for Round 20 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/04/cho ... -round-20/ via @NRL
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 20 Moment of the week: Tapine try: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... apine-try/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

By the numbers: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -warriors/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: August 4, 2019, 7:40 pm @TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose the NRL Team of the Week for Round 20 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/04/cho ... -round-20/ via @NRL
Interesting that they went with Rapana as the option for best winger ahead of Simonssen.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 4, 2019, 7:40 pm @TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Interesting that they went with Rapana as the option for best winger ahead of Simonssen.
Very surprising. Very.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

PigRickman wrote: August 3, 2019, 10:49 pm Very different styles of player
Your floor is higher with CNK because of what he brings positionally and defensively every game.

RTS is hit and miss but no doubt his highs are significantly above CNK right now. I always bet on high side, so i'd take the punt on RTS in a direct trade, understanding full well it could blow up in your face.
Gee hit and miss is a bit harsh. RTS has barely had a bad game in 2 years
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hazza wrote: August 5, 2019, 1:24 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 3, 2019, 10:49 pm Very different styles of player

Gee hit and miss is a bit harsh. RTS has barely had a bad game in 2 years
Yeah that's fair, i probably didnt explain it well... hit and miss in regards to those x-factor games where he's one of the the best 3-5 players in the world and you cant get a hand on him.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

3. Canberra Raiders (3)
A potentially tough trip to New Zealand and I expected them to get the job done but not as emphatically as they did. They certainly went over there with a very professional effort and mindset and it showed in their performance. They held their defensive structures and their attack flowed. The Raiders are trending nicely.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/05/sow ... to-matter/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans, time to vote JOE TAPINE for try of the week! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose the NRL Try of the Week for Round 20 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/05/cho ... -round-20/ via @NRL
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2019, 7:04 am Did the Warriors end up winning the penalty count ?

It's important...
It's quite remarkable that a team who got smashed in the first half was so well disciplined!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

After the pasting the Warriors copped against Parra the previous week they were always going to win the penalty count on their home ground a week later..turned out that they yes ?

Is Roaming Elliot up on the Raiders website yet ?

I like that segment, I just wish they'd share it around a bit more...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2019, 7:17 am After the pasting the Warriors copped against Parra the previous week they were always going to win the penalty count on their home ground a week later..turned out that they yes ?

We share it here every time it is up PJ!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: August 6, 2019, 8:49 am
-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2019, 7:17 am After the pasting the Warriors copped against Parra the previous week they were always going to win the penalty count on their home ground a week later..turned out that they yes ?

We share it here every time it is up PJ!
Nah..I mean I wish Smelly would interview a variety of different players..spread it around.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders Josh Papalii and John Bateman make NRL.com Team of the Week. Not sure what else Josh Hodgson could have done to make it! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week round 20 results https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/04/cho ... -round-20/ via @NRL
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

He needed to be voted for more
Dont delete this GE