Warriors 13+
7%

Total votes: 14

rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by rayden83 »

rraided wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:02 pm Surely Simonsen can't be dropped, regardless if Bj is fit or not. That kid hasn't put a foot wrong since his debut for us and lets be honest, the same can't be said about many of in current backline (maybe with the exception of CNK).
BJ is a world class centre and is one of the first names on the team sheet. Simonmsen has been excellent cover but he isn’t fit to shine BJ’s boots. Still young and plenty of potential but let’s not get carried away comparing him with a true marquee like BJ.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I feel sorry for Kearney but why he keeps picking Blair every week is baffling.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:19 pm I feel sorry for Kearney but why he keeps picking Blair every week is baffling.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I feel sorry for the towel he kicked at half time. That was his Ricky Stuart plastic chair moment!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Great victory song, horse breaks a cupboard and Wighton backflips
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Horsburgh really showed his class this game. Offloads galore, quick play the balls, hard to bring down.
147m off the bench. Kid is going to be a menace once his fitness improves.
Liked what I saw from Guler too but he looks like he'll peak a bit later.
We're in a great position for 2021 when Sia calls time.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Interesting the comparison to 2016.

It was then in our 20th and 21st games of the season that we came up against the two teams we desperately wanted to beat to prove ourselves as legitimate premiership contenders (Sharks away, Storm at home). We were sitting on 29 points and didn't quite believe it until after we won those two.

We're now coming into our 20th and 21st games this year, in the same position wanting to prove our ourselves as title contenders against the two we think will be up there (this time Roosters at home, Storm away). Currently on one point less than '16, and will fully believe it can be our year if we knock them off.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

afgtnk wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:42 pm Interesting the comparison to 2016.

It was then in our 20th and 21st games of the season that we came up against the two teams we desperately wanted to beat to prove ourselves as legitimate premiership contenders (Sharks away, Storm at home). We were sitting on 29 points and didn't quite believe it until after we won those two.

We're now coming into our 20th and 21st games this year, in the same position wanting to prove our ourselves as title contenders against the two we think will be up there (this time Roosters at home, Storm away). Currently on one point less than '16, and will fully believe it can be our year if we knock them off.
Might be one less point but pretty sure we have one more win. That would have included 2 byes.

Unbelievable that we are guaranteed finals with 5 games to go. Hasn’t happened in my time.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

afgtnk wrote:Interesting the comparison to 2016.

I'm far more confident going into these two than 2016

Our defence is markedly better and we haven't really been blown off the park (outside of the Roosters in magic round, but we managed to claw a lot of that back)

Even still I think we're far better now than that game.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

These blokes are playing for each other. It is hard to believe that these are the same players as last year with a few additions but those additions have really changed the entire dynamic.

Can't wait for the next 2 weeks, we see where we really sit but regardless if this side remains relatively healthy we are right on here. I genuinely believe we can win it.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Bay53 wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:49 pm
afgtnk wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:42 pm Interesting the comparison to 2016.

Might be one less point but pretty sure we have one more win. That would have included 2 byes.

Unbelievable that we are guaranteed finals with 5 games to go. Hasn’t happened in my time.
Not just yet - Broncos still it in technically.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

-TW- wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:50 pm
afgtnk wrote:Interesting the comparison to 2016.

I'm far more confident going into these two than 2016

Our defence is markedly better and we haven't really been blown off the park (outside of the Roosters in magic round, but we managed to claw a lot of that back)

Even still I think we're far better now than that game.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Haven't been blown away but we were thoroughly outclassed by them two IMO.

In 2016 both the Storm and Sharks were well above us on the ladder and we outclassed them easily - real statement of intent.

Hoping to see something similar this time round.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:51 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:01 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 5:42 pm Ooof, I am so nervous. But I foolishly made a promise to a friend that I must keep so I will only see the first half tonight.

I hope that is enough...
What sort of lead would you need to feel comfortable?
30. I would probably still be nervous at anything less.
Go meet your friend and enjoy your night haha
:roflmao Touche!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

We were very controlled tonight.
Very few errors.

Got to say the kicking game was good tonight. Slippery conditions they kept it low.
Nullified their back 3.

In D, the Warriors threw very little at us.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Oh I cannot wait to watch the second half! So, so proud of them.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

zim wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:39 pm Horsburgh really showed his class this game. Offloads galore, quick play the balls, hard to bring down.
147m off the bench. Kid is going to be a menace once his fitness improves.
Liked what I saw from Guler too but he looks like he'll peak a bit later.
We're in a great position for 2021 when Sia calls time.
Great call. Just going to add some more details to support your point.

Horsburgh:
147m (47m post-contact, 12.2m per hit-up)
2 tackle breaks
4 offloads
26 tackles
96.3% tackle efficiency
0 errors
33 minutes

Incidentally, Sia doesn’t need to hang up the boots any time soon. Catch me if you can, Roger!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:01 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
These are the advantage of a high quality TV. It was the correct decision with a double touch.
Oldfield was going for the ball at the same time the Warriors defender put his hand on the pill. It all happened in a fraction of a second. There was no way Oldfield actually had control and knocked that ball on.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Woodgers wrote: August 2, 2019, 10:55 pm These blokes are playing for each other. It is hard to believe that these are the same players as last year with a few subtractions but those subtractions have really changed the entire dynamic.

Can't wait for the next 2 weeks, we see where we really sit but regardless if this side remains relatively healthy we are right on here. I genuinely believe we can win it.
I believe this is what you meant.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 11:05 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:51 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:01 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 5:42 pm Ooof, I am so nervous. But I foolishly made a promise to a friend that I must keep so I will only see the first half tonight.

I hope that is enough...
What sort of lead would you need to feel comfortable?
30. I would probably still be nervous at anything less.
Go meet your friend and enjoy your night haha
:roflmao Touche!
You need to make a half time score prediction/request every week I think!
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by BJ »

NRL app has player stats for Hodgson with 0 try assists. That blows me away. What game are the Stats guys watching.

Hodgson distracts Warriors defenders when putting Papalli and Soliola into space.
Last edited by BJ on August 2, 2019, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
These are the advantage of a high quality TV. It was the correct decision with a double touch.
Oldfield was going for the ball at the same time the Warriors defender put his hand on the pill. It all happened in a fraction of a second. There was no way Oldfield actually had control and knocked that ball on.
I’m afraid that’s not correct. You need to upgrade to Dave Warner technology.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 11:27 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
Oldie was unlucky but it was the right call. The Hodgo forward pass that GE called dubious was also the correct call (it was forward a mile). The Hodgo forward pass to Croker for Simmonsen’s try that wasn’t called was an incorrect call but let’s take it.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:
BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 11:27 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
Oldie was unlucky but it was the right call. The Hodgo forward pass that GE called dubious was also the correct call (it was forward a mile). The Hodgo forward pass to Croker for Simmonsen’s try that wasn’t called was an incorrect call but let’s take it.
I’m not sure about the Hodgson pass to Croker being clearly forward. Josh was heading diagonally towards the sideline which makes passes look more forward when running right to left on the halfway line camera angle. The front on shot showed Hodgson hands passing flat, which based on his body angle would suggest it wasn’t forward a mile like you say.

When people say the ball was passed backwards or forwards out of the hands, they have to take both the camera angle and upper body angle into account.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don’t recall saying anything about a dubious Hodgson forward pass.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 11:25 pm NRL app has player stats for Hodgson with 0 try assists. That blows me away. What game are the Stats guys watching.

Hodgson distracts Warriors defenders when putting Papalli and Soliola into space.
He literally passes them into a gap and they score... I thought that's a basic try assist. Does he get the LB assist credit?
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:I don’t recall saying anything about a dubious Hodgson forward pass.
I think it was flat. But I certainly think the body position and camera angle made it look worse.

The Warriors crowd only made a big deal of it on the replay, not live. Which is pretty telling.
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:I don’t recall saying anything about a dubious Hodgson forward pass.
I think it was flat. But I certainly think the body position and camera angle made it look worse.

The Warriors crowd only made a big deal of it on the replay, not live. Which is pretty telling, I doubt Croker was running in front of Hodgson.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Another great win!

I posted in the corresponding thread last week to praise the team try finished off by Sezer, Tapine's this week was even better (albeit against an opponent that was clearly already beaten). For me the highlight of that movement was Horburgh catching the ball flat at the line, hitting and spinning and delivering a beautiful offload right onto the chest of Sezer. I think a lot of us liked the Hors to start the year for his energy and physicality, but he's had a couple of moments of real quality in recent weeks that I didn't know he had in his locker. Bodes incredibly well for the future.

Thought our other middle forwards in Papa, Soliola, Lui and Tarps were all absolutely immense as well. When Hodgo is so consistently working with quick play the balls against a retreating defence it's always going to get ugly for the opposition, and today was no exception.

Absolutely can't wait to take it to the Chooks at home next week!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

The Greenhouse wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:58 pm ....
Round 20: Team Song: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... team-song/
I reckon that's the best team song for the year. From the cupboard destruction to the standing backflip. It's got it all.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What cupboard destruction?
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:12 am What cupboard destruction?
Watch Horsburgh banging the cupboard door.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:16 am
Can I have a screen shot of it?
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:19 am
zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:16 am
Can I have a screen shot of it?
It's hard to get right on and he has a funny reaction after it happens but that is the timestamp and the door falling off.

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I thought the refs had a good game

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Did the Warriors end up winning the penalty count ?

It's important...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: