Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Pass mark for last six games

Post by Matt »

BadnMean wrote: July 30, 2019, 4:22 pm
Matt wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:34 am

Loving the zebra jokes.

TBH, Id love to see the crowd dressing as refs and blowing whistles. The NRL might actually have to take note, coz that kinda thing would go viral, and therefore world wide.
It's also a lot classier and less aggro/obnoxious as a gesture.

The Pamfers crap with players standing over refs giving them a gobful, the coach joining in... is a disgrace and should be rubbed out. Hand out a few suspensions and protect your local and junior refs from the same kind of garbage please NRL.
Agreed
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Yeah and Cleary with his smug face in the presser and smiling should get a two week ban, and 20k fine at least.

Stamp that out of the game.

I thought he carried on like a spoilt brat rather than a first grade coach

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Last edited by greeneyed on July 30, 2019, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use paragraphs, the return key is your friend!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Billy Walker wrote: July 28, 2019, 10:57 pm Despite the short turn around and travel you could easily make the argument that this weeks game against the Warriors will be our easiest for the next month and possibly even our second easiest game for the remainder of this season.

Warriors, Roosters, Storm, Manly, Sharks, Warriors - not a soft run home...

What’s the pass mark for the final 6 games. I think 4/6 would be great, 3/6 acceptable. Anything higher we are approaching premiership favourites anything less perhaps we’re just making up numbers in the 8.
Ok I said 4 would be great. That’s one down, and I’m banking the points last round against the warriors at home for 2!

Roosters, Storm, Manly and Sharks - we get at least two of those - 4 is now par - I’m saying we only drop 1 game in the run home at most! I’m liking what I’m seeing!!
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

3 from the last 5 would be par from here.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Begbie wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:36 pm 3 from the last 5 would be par from here.
Yeah i was counting tonight’s win when I said 4 was par.

I actually think we will only drop one of the last four but wouldn’t be worried if we let two slip.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:39 pm
Begbie wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:36 pm 3 from the last 5 would be par from here.
Yeah i was counting tonight’s win when I said 4 was par.

I actually think we will only drop one of the last four but wouldn’t be worried if we let two slip.
Yeah, my thinking as well. Storm will be a gigantic effort way and we are bound to have another "off" day to get out the system before the finals!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:31 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 28, 2019, 10:57 pm Despite the short turn around and travel you could easily make the argument that this weeks game against the Warriors will be our easiest for the next month and possibly even our second easiest game for the remainder of this season.

What’s the pass mark for the final 6 games. I think 4/6 would be great, 3/6 acceptable. Anything higher we are approaching premiership favourites anything less perhaps we’re just making up numbers in the 8.
Ok I said 4 would be great. That’s one down, and I’m banking the points last round against the warriors at home for 2!

Roosters, Storm, Manly and Sharks - we get at least two of those - 4 is now par - I’m saying we only drop 1 game in the run home at most! I’m liking what I’m seeing!!
Hmmm looks like the very definition of getting ahead of ourselves.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: August 3, 2019, 2:23 am
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:31 pm

Hmmm looks like the very definition of getting ahead of ourselves.
I’d call it reassessing after a great win. There is always a chance we don’t win another game for the season but I think it’s unlikely. It will be what it will be and our predictions won’t impact the reality.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Man, that's a really tough last 4 weeks
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Sharks won’t be easy.
Gallen’s last ever game at home

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The run home is the perfect preparation for finals footy. 4 tough games and a last game against the warriors who can be very dangerous if they throw them ball around.

A win next week would be a good start!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

It's like playing in the finals before you play in the finals.

Raiders
Roosters
Storm
Manly

Add souths, you have your top 5 imo (in any order),

All will all play finals, and with the form they're in, any of them can win it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: August 3, 2019, 6:31 am
I’d call it reassessing after a great win. There is always a chance we don’t win another game for the season but I think it’s unlikely. It will be what it will be and our predictions won’t impact the reality.
You're right. We should enjoy that one- it was a statement game. We do tough bitching on here- we should enjoy a little optimistic thinking/dreaming/planning.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:38 am
Billy Walker wrote: August 3, 2019, 6:31 am
You're right. We should enjoy that one- it was a statement game. We do tough bitching on here- we should enjoy a little optimistic thinking/dreaming/planning.
Just reading PJs post on another thread and a few others on here and I feel like it’s getting harder to keep a lid on things. That was an outstanding performance! I’ll admit- I’m thinking big for 2019 - expectations are through the roof after that one and with stars aligning with players returning.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Well after tonight the sharks are officially back in form :cry:
roosters are killin it, so are the storm, so are manly...

Would be bad if we could only muster up a win against the warriors last round. Before yesterdays win we were a 99.9% chance of making the 8. I assume we are 100% now so if we did lose our last 5 games at least we will play finals... cause it sure been a lean few years.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Lucky wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:15 pm Well after tonight the sharks are officially back in form :cry:
roosters are killin it, so are the storm, so are manly...

Would be bad if we could only muster up a win against the warriors last round. Before yesterdays win we were a 99.9% chance of making the 8. I assume we are 100% now so if we did lose our last 5 games at least we will play finals... cause it sure been a lean few years.
If we lose our last 5 you would have to think we are just making up numbers in the finals. Agree a hard run just got tougher with the Sharkies and Eagles both going up a gear but I’d confidently say we are more a chance of winning all 5 than losing all 5.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah I agree lucky that's it for us no more wins this year :/ :/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Yep, we're stuffed. Time to start looking at 2020. #sackricky
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

If we're going to finish in the top 2 we're going to need to try and do it on competition points. Can't see us delivering many thrashings in the next 2-3 weeks, hopefully we can keep growing our positive points differential though.