Canberra Raiders re-sign Corey Horsburgh to end 2022

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: Canberra Raiders re-sign Corey Horsburgh to end 2022

Post by BJ »

Certainly good to have props like Horsburgh, Lui and Guler for something like the same combined price as Boyd or Paulo are on each.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Sid wrote: July 10, 2019, 11:28 am hard for me to say, the salary figures that make it to the press are usually for the higher echelon players.. and even those can't be taken as 100%. Going by those it's easier to compare say Ben Hunt to Ash Taylor for value, whereas Horsborough should more so be compared to players like Young, Guler, Murchie and those mold of players from other teams.

looking at the contracts of our current squad I probably wouldn't have Horsborough in my first 17 until 2021, he'd probably be 18th man but receive a fair bit of game time that way, so I dare say $250k might be on the high side over the next 2 years, but be good value for the 3rd ?

...anyways look forward to seeing the red headed horse rip in
If you take the $9.8m salary cap for next year and divide it by 30 players, the average is $326,667 per player. I don't think $250k is too much for somebody who the club considers at least a regular interchange inclusion, considering the minimum wage will be $110k. It's probably about right. But then as you said, it's impossible to speculate as none of the information re: contracts is available publicly.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Geez Boyd has phoned it in this year

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

BJ wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:31 pm Certainly good to have props like Horsburgh, Lui and Guler for something like the same combined price as Boyd or Paulo are on each.
Off topic maybe, but Titans would like to offload Boyd. Doubt he’d get a game back here...
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Great signing- this guy is a future star!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: July 10, 2019, 8:23 am
Seiffert82 wrote:
bonehead wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:28 am
Seiffert82 wrote:I frikken love this guy. Needs to cut out some of the silly stuff, but my god he shows a lot of guts for a young front rower.

Good re-signing.
well he eats too much food
That last game in Darwin he literally had his jersey pulled up a couple of times so it was sitting halfway up his body. His numbers weren't great, but he definitely showed a lot of guts there.
What were his numbers - 36 - 24 - 36?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Dirty Deeds!! Sounds about right. :D
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Rickman wrote:Just as long as we're thrashing those Dragons or the Storm or the Broncos or the Panthers, doesn't matter where they're from, it might be West Tigers, the Cowboys, Cronulla or New Zealand, but if I don't take a breath I reckon I just might be keeling over soon...
when I tossed that ball in the air I didn't expect it to go that far out of the park.
Marvellous stuff
Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Raiders_Pat wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:59 pm
Sid wrote: July 10, 2019, 11:28 am hard for me to say, the salary figures that make it to the press are usually for the higher echelon players.. and even those can't be taken as 100%. Going by those it's easier to compare say Ben Hunt to Ash Taylor for value, whereas Horsborough should more so be compared to players like Young, Guler, Murchie and those mold of players from other teams.

looking at the contracts of our current squad I probably wouldn't have Horsborough in my first 17 until 2021, he'd probably be 18th man but receive a fair bit of game time that way, so I dare say $250k might be on the high side over the next 2 years, but be good value for the 3rd ?

...anyways look forward to seeing the red headed horse rip in
If you take the $9.8m salary cap for next year and divide it by 30 players, the average is $326,667 per player. I don't think $250k is too much for somebody who the club considers at least a regular interchange inclusion, considering the minimum wage will be $110k. It's probably about right. But then as you said, it's impossible to speculate as none of the information re: contracts is available publicly.
what's the average NRL starting spine player on, about 800k each? Then you can assume there are about 5 or so players on minimum wage too (110k next year).

so taking out the top 4 paid players and the bottom 5 paid players that leaves an average of just under 300k for the remaining 21 players. Most teams have an enforcer type player (Surgess, Taumalolo, Klemmer, Papalii etc.) who would be on spine money too and also other stars that would suck the cap pretty quickly so that you wouldn't want to be paying too much for the guys you have filling in for stints in the middle

quik mafs
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Very happy with the extension of HorsPowers contract. He has that raw aggression in him which only needs to be better directed. A couple more off seasons will see him bulk up and mature and I think we will have a very good NRL forward on our hands. He is in his first season of FG so we have to expect some rookie mistakes and mis-directed aggression at times. He has a great player role model in Papa to see how raw power is best used.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Corey Horsburgh delighted about new Canberra Raiders deal

Earlier in the week, the Canberra Raiders re-signed promising young forward Corey Horsburgh for a further three seasons, keeping him in Canberra until the end of the 2022 season.

“I was really looking forward to signing and now that that’s all over I’m happy to be here. I knew it was my last year, and I was just hoping to play some good footy and hopefully debut around this time, so to do it in round one and already re-sign is a proud moment.”

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -new-deal/

Video: Thank you to our 2019 Members: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... 9-members/
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Im stoked by this signing. Im absolutely shocked by some comments here. I dont think ive been this excited about a young prop since horse (weyman)
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

FROG wrote: July 19, 2019, 7:25 pm Im stoked by this signing. Im absolutely shocked by some comments here. I dont think ive been this excited about a young prop since horse (weyman)
Weyman never consistently showed us the form he showed after he left imo
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

FROG wrote: July 19, 2019, 7:25 pm Im stoked by this signing. Im absolutely shocked by some comments here. I dont think ive been this excited about a young prop since horse (weyman)
I agree, he will be a champion of the game in the years ahead.