Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Raiders_Pat »

bonehead wrote: July 13, 2019, 4:06 pm
simo wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 13, 2019, 11:12 am
simo wrote: July 13, 2019, 9:38 am When are we able to make an offe to get jai arrow away from that goldcoast cesspool
Now that I could get on board with. Imagine swapping Boyd for Arrow. The world's biggest heist.
I wonder what price he would come for. You can get 80 mins out of him at lock or 50-60 at prop. With papa also commanding 50-60 at prop it leaves you with a lot of flexibility in your bench usage as well as set up for a reduction in interchange
550 to 650 in my opinion, starting origin middle so you'd have to pay that number I reckon.
Considering that Titans paid $600k for Boyd, you would think somebody like Arrow is worth at least $650k to them next contract also taking his Origin status in to consideration. Then we would have to pay at least $50k on top of that to move him away from his home town, I'd imagine. We would probably need to offer $700k a year as a minimum.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

That being said if there was a way we could squeeze him in to the team without losing a considerable amount of talent I'd be all for it. A starting pack of Arrow, Papalii, Tapine, Whitehead and Bateman would be magnificent...
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Titans are paying Boyd more than 600k
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yep..

And they're regretting every brass razooooooo...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

julian87 wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:22 am Titans are paying Boyd more than 600k
Fans are disgusted by his performance. Falls down as soon as anybody lays a hand on him
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Arrow around that $600k mark would be a very good addition, especially with Soliola on the way out.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Brennan sacked. Get Arrow and quickly
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm trying to ring Jai..it's busy.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Lol.

Jai Arrow.

Good player.

That's all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:22 am Titans are paying Boyd more than 600k
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Arrow at 600k is a steal. Even if he is a little injury prone.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Matt wrote:Arrow at 600k is a steal. Even if he is a little injury prone.
Yeah. I think some other teams will pay a bit more than that for him (plus throw in a few TPA dollars).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

BJ wrote: July 14, 2019, 10:01 pm
Yeah. I think some other teams will pay a bit more than that for him (plus throw in a few TPA dollars).
Exactly, hence steal
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Matt wrote:
Exactly, hence steal
Hence exactly why I agree with you that it’s a steal.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

BJ wrote: July 14, 2019, 10:10 pm
Matt wrote:
Exactly, hence steal
Hence exactly why I agree with you that it’s a steal.
Stop saying "hence" in there!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I'd take Arrow over Pangai junior all day every day.
He's the modern prototype forward that would fit perfectly into the style of play we are developing.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Id pay him 700 k easily. You get so many quality minutes out of him
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Arrow is the only player from that roster worth chasing IMO. Definitley worth around that $700k mark. Not a great need for us though and that kind of money is better directed elswhere.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

GreenMachine wrote: July 16, 2019, 3:49 pm I'd take Arrow over Pangai junior all day every day.
He's the modern prototype forward that would fit perfectly into the style of play we are developing.
Arrow actually puts his shoulder into tackles too, something you’d probably want if you were to spend 700K+ on a player... if there are any rumblings that Arrow could be on the move we should be making serious enquiries

TPJ will absolutely let down whichever team decides to overpay him. 2-3 strong attacking games per year is a bit rich for that kind of money
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Rickmando wrote: July 16, 2019, 5:43 pm
GreenMachine wrote: July 16, 2019, 3:49 pm I'd take Arrow over Pangai junior all day every day.
Arrow actually puts his shoulder into tackles too, something you’d probably want if you were to spend 700K+ on a player... if there are any rumblings that Arrow could be on the move we should be making serious enquiries

TPJ will absolutely let down whichever team decides to overpay him. 2-3 strong attacking games per year is a bit rich for that kind of money
Considering that he grew up on the Gold Coast and his family is there plus the figures that have been thrown around for other props in recent years, I think the $700k figure I gave originally is quite conservative... it's the absolute bare minimum I reckon. I do agree though that Arrow would be a much better investment than TPJ at those kind of prices.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Raiders_Pat wrote: July 16, 2019, 6:07 pm
Rickmando wrote: July 16, 2019, 5:43 pm

Considering that he grew up on the Gold Coast and his family is there plus the figures that have been thrown around for other props in recent years, I think the $700k figure I gave originally is quite conservative... it's the absolute bare minimum I reckon. I do agree though that Arrow would be a much better investment than TPJ at those kind of prices.
That’s fair. And he’s not the most pressing need in terms of positional fit. But you’d hope when top quality players become available, you’d at least consider what it would take to get it done.

In my opinion, Arrow is almost the perfect foil for Papalii. Someone like TPJ, given how much extra defensive workload he creates for teammates, much less so.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: July 14, 2019, 4:05 pm Lol.

Jai Arrow.

Good player.

That's all.

You cant be serious? Have you seen him?
I was no Arrow fan when he first started to get talked up, but it became apparently very quickly that i was wrong. He's absolutely tremendous. High motor, high work rate, strong impact. He's not quite Jake T, but he's not that far off it either.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:
dubby wrote: July 14, 2019, 4:05 pm Lol.

Jai Arrow.

Good player.

That's all.

You cant be serious? Have you seen him?
I was no Arrow fan when he first started to get talked up, but it became apparently very quickly that i was wrong. He's absolutely tremendous. High motor, high work rate, strong impact. He's not quite Jake T, but he's not that far off it either.
Mate, it’s dubby. Come on
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Re: TPJ vs Arrow.

Im a ceiling fan boi. Freely admit it. And TPJ's ceiling is way higher than Arrows. But there is significant risk with TPJ. You could get the best forward in the world, or an overpaid bum... If you recruited Arrow, the floor is that he's just a damn good state quality footballer.
I dont think Arrow will be going anywhere, i think the Titooons locked him up on what i thought at the time was an oversized deal but now is an absolute bargain for long term?
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Jai Arrow is legit. Would be a great get if available.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:10 pm Re: TPJ vs Arrow.

Im a ceiling fan boi. Freely admit it. And TPJ's ceiling is way higher than Arrows. But there is significant risk with TPJ. You could get the best forward in the world, or an overpaid bum... If you recruited Arrow, the floor is that he's just a damn good state quality footballer.
I dont think Arrow will be going anywhere, i think the Titooons locked him up on what i thought at the time was an oversized deal but now is an absolute bargain for long term?
The biggest difference is you can depend on Arrow to deliver week in week out. He's the type that Craig Bellamy loves to build a team around.

TPJ might give you a match winning performance every now and then but he'll always be Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We have absolutely no chance of recruiting Jai Arrow. The Bulldogs, Tigers and Eels are all pulling out the cheque books. If there is still such a thing as a cheque book.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I tell you who else would look great in lime green- Cam Murray.
Agree that neither Arrow or Murray address any pressing needs.
Btw did we hear anything new about our reported interest in Cust?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:22 pm We have absolutely no chance of recruiting Jai Arrow. The Bulldogs, Tigers and Eels are all pulling out the cheque books. If there is still such a thing as a cheque book.
Agree. Those teams have far greater need to a player like Arrow than we do and they'll splash the cash needed. As I said earlier, he's not filling a great need for us.

As for our recruitment I'd like an AJ Brimson or Connor Watson type. A utility with a bit of x-factor. Somebody who can fill in the spine or provide some impact off the bench.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:30 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:22 pm We have absolutely no chance of recruiting Jai Arrow. The Bulldogs, Tigers and Eels are all pulling out the cheque books. If there is still such a thing as a cheque book.
Agree. Those teams have far greater need to a player like Arrow than we do and they'll splash the cash needed. As I said earlier, he's not filling a great need for us.

As for our recruitment I'd like an AJ Brimson or Connor Watson type. A utility with a bit of x-factor. Somebody who can fill in the spine or provide some impact off the bench.
Nah, we have an 80min 9.
We have an up and coming FB.
We have an Origin player at 6.
We will have an International at 7 next yr.
Our current utility plays 9, prop and lock.

We dont need a Brimson or Watson. A yr or 2 ago, sure.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:37 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:30 pm

Nah, we have an 80min 9.
We have an up and coming FB.
We have an Origin player at 6.
We will have an International at 7 next yr.
Our current utility plays 9, prop and lock.

We dont need a Brimson or Watson. A yr or 2 ago, sure.
yes we have all the starting spine positions covered. Unfortunately the world is not perfect. It's cover for injury, rep duty or just some impact off the bench. We don't have anybody like that in our 30 man squad.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Re: TPJ vs Arrow.

And the fact that tpj just extended at the Broncos doesn't make this a moot point ? Arrow is maybe available, but with our squad, who loses their position ? And if it's a Luke Bateman upgrade, we need to have salary cap space...

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: July 16, 2019, 8:15 pm And the fact that tpj just extended at the Broncos doesn't make this a moot point ? Arrow is maybe available, but with our squad, who loses their position ? And if it's a Luke Bateman upgrade, we need to have salary cap space...
Yep, it absolutely does.
We're just shooting the **** now as RL fans now, and i always enjoy the discussions that come from TPJ v Arrow type scenarios. They're totally different styles of player and i think how you value each tells you a lot of about what you value in a RL player.

i think our major recruitment has been and gone with Georgey boy. So this thread will be pretty dead, save for this sort of thing. Which will upset the "stick the topic" crowd, but honestly, **** them.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah really the team is pretty well where Sticky wants it at the moment and largely for 2020. Will be interesting to see how he handles having a similar squad next year since that seemed to be an issue in 2017 with some staleness in the roster.

Particularly if 2019 turns out to be a really successful year again and Raiders need to shed depth to hold the core roster. Might have to work harder to replace the depth with some more young/moneyball type buys to have depth that may come in and surprise. Rather than known depth entities that come in and will never keep the front line worried about their roles.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Neeeegz wrote:
PigRickman wrote:Re: TPJ vs Arrow.

And the fact that tpj just extended at the Broncos doesn't make this a moot point ? Arrow is maybe available, but with our squad, who loses their position ? And if it's a Luke Bateman upgrade, we need to have salary cap space...

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It’s Moops!