Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Off topic

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote: July 10, 2019, 3:47 pm Subway make a good sandwich but gee it can be a pain in the **** to order sometimes unless it's just the one near my work..

The first person asks you half a dozen questions about how you want your sandwich, completes the first 2 things, passes it on to the next person to ask you all of the same questions etc. each time down the line

then as they are asking what salad I want they've already put lettuce on before I've had a chance to say anything so it looks like I'm getting **** lettuce

also if you did want all the salads you can't just say 'all the salad's' without going through each one individually to confirm each one

anyway /rant

go to when I cbf trying something different is

footlong IHC
chicken strips
cheddar
toasted
spinach
tomato
capsicum
olives
jalapenos
no sauce
salt + pepper

next time I'm there I'll treat myself to a Fuifui Subsub special ^^^^
I always hated the subway ordering process until we got a drive-thru subway in Rocky... SOOOO much better.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

never tried the drive thru for it.. I'll have to do that next time!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I hate subway, like all fast food. Absolute dross.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Is there anything you DO like?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Subway..yes.

Chicken Teryaki ?

Italian herb bread
Tasty cheese
Tomato
Onion
Lettuce
Honey mustard sauce..
S&P

And dub, seriously..is there anything you do like ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: July 10, 2019, 4:54 pm Is there anything you DO like?

Haha I just thought that myself after seeing three consecutive dubby negative posts on three consecutive threads.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Sid wrote:Subway make a good sandwich but gee it can be a pain in the **** to order sometimes unless it's just the one near my work..

The first person asks you half a dozen questions about how you want your sandwich, completes the first 2 things, passes it on to the next person to ask you all of the same questions etc. each time down the line

then as they are asking what salad I want they've already put lettuce on before I've had a chance to say anything so it looks like I'm getting **** lettuce

also if you did want all the salads you can't just say 'all the salad's' without going through each one individually to confirm each one

anyway /rant

footlong IHC
chicken strips
cheddar
toasted
spinach
tomato
capsicum
olives
jalapenos
no sauce
salt + pepper

I’ve been boycotting Mad Mex for a similar reason.
* Guy in front of me orders a burrito. Attendant prepares his burrito and slides it down the line.

* I order my burrito, attendant prepare mine and slides it down the line

* Attendant #2 starts putting everything on GIF’s burrito. GIF changes his mind about what meat he wants. Attendant #2 throws the burrito in the bin, slides mine down the line, and starts assembling GIF

* Attendant #2 then slides the Nachos the guy behind me ordered, and asks me what meats I wanted.

No matter how many times I tried to explain how she gave GIF my order, she just stared blankly at me, telling me she didn’t understand, and kept asking what meat she wanted.

I decided to do the Craig David, and walk away. That was about 5 years ago
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:09 pm
Sid wrote:Subway make a good sandwich but gee it can be a pain in the **** to order sometimes unless it's just the one near my work..

anyway /rant

footlong IHC
chicken strips
cheddar
toasted
spinach
tomato
capsicum
olives
jalapenos
no sauce
salt + pepper

* Guy in front of me orders a burrito. Attendant prepares his burrito and slides it down the line.

* Attendant #2 starts putting everything on GIF’s burrito. GIF changes his mind about what meat he wants. Attendant #2 throws the burrito in the bin, slides mine down the line, and starts assembling GIF

* Attendant #2 then slides the Nachos the guy behind me ordered, and asks me what meats I wanted.

No matter how many times I tried to explain how she gave GIF my order, she just stared blankly at me, telling me she didn’t understand, and kept asking what meat she wanted.

Haha why does this stuff always seem to happen to you??
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:Is there anything you DO like?

The Simpsons.
TR.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

anyway /rant

footlong IHC
chicken strips
cheddar
toasted
spinach
tomato
capsicum
olives
jalapenos
no sauce
salt + pepper

And there's 3 negative things in one post.

TW?
Enrique?
Image Image

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I ask myself the same thing! I feel like the universe just delivers me crazy moments.
I get good moments too. I don’t know if I’ve ever shared my Michael Caton story on here?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:14 pm

The Simpsons.
TR.

How about the Coffey sisters ?

Do you like them ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote:

The Simpsons.
TR.

Do you like them ?
Never heard of them

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:24 pm
-PJ- wrote:

The Simpsons.
TR.

Do you like them ?
Never heard of them

I can lead you to water mate, I can't make you drink.

Do you have google in Western Sydney ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote:
dubby wrote: July 10, 2019, 5:24 pm
-PJ- wrote:

The Simpsons.
TR.

Do you like them ?
Never heard of them

I can lead you to water mate, I can't make you drink.

Do you have google in Western Sydney ?
Never heard of it.

But we did get electricity connected last year.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gameday lunch, carb loading for a long dayImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I ask myself the same thing! I feel like the universe just delivers me crazy moments.
I get good moments too. I don’t know if I’ve ever shared my Michael Caton story on here?

Let’s hear it...

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Back to the subway chat

The garlic triple cheese is a game changer

Pizza sub
Garlic butter
Triple mozzarella
Onion
Lettuce
Olives
Capsicum
Jalapenos
Habanero hot sauce

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Here's a conversation between my dear old MIL and Mrs PJ yesterday at Woolworths.

MIL- If I buy some corn, would you cook it for me.
Mrs PJ- What part of cooking corn can't you handle ? Is it getting the saucepan out of the draw ?, is it putting the saucepan on the stove top ?, is it adding water to the saucepan ?, is it turning the element on ?
MIL- Well..I don't know how long to cook it for.
Mrs PJ- About 20 minutes once the water is boiling.
MIL- No, I won't worry about it..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm with MrsPj Sr, it's just not worth it.
Corn on the bbq mind you, now there's a whole new topic.
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I love bbq corn btw...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

RTW wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I ask myself the same thing! I feel like the universe just delivers me crazy moments.

Let’s hear it...

It’s one of 3 nights where I could legit say “I could die right now, and be happy.”

So our circle of friends consists basically of Mrs Fui’s friends since high school, and their partners. Us partners all get along well. This story takes place at a wedding of two people in the circle. All of our partners were bridesmaids, so while they were off getting the post-wedding bridal photos, us guys decided to go to a bar for a drink before the reception. One of Mrs Fui’s friends dad, who is one of these guys who can talk to ANYONE, and his son comes along as well.

So we’re 3 beers down at this bar (Arthouse in Sydney CBD), and before you know it, the bar staff starts telling the patrons to leave. We prepare ourselves to walk, when we’re given a wrist band, and told to put it on for the bar tab. We thank her, and as we start putting the bands on, a jug of beer is placed on the table with some glasses. We’re not sure what’s going on, but we’re thinking they’ve mistaken us because we’re in our wedding suits.

Next thing, people start piling into the bar. Artsy, hipster looking crowd. One of our mates is contemplating leaving, before I convince him we need to at least figure out what this is all about, and take advantage of the bar tab. Meanwhile the dad who joined us disappears. We’re trying to figure out where he’s gone, and random people are walking by us, thanking us for our work etc.

Before you know it, the dad comes back to our table and goes “Hey guys, look who I found!” It was Michael Caton. He thanks us for coming along at such a short notice, and goes on to talk about how the producers thought they needed to put something on for the crew. We talk about how thoughtful that was, before he disappears into the crowd. One of my mates wants to take a selfie, before I tell him to put the phone away. No one in the crowd was doing it, so I didn’t want to get caught out.

So we down the jug, have another 3 beers, and then stumble our way to the reception, which was another free bar.

3 months later, we see Michael Caton on The Project spruiking about The Last Cab to Darwin. So we assumed we crashed their party.

TL;DR: Me and some mates crashed Michael Carlton’s party by accident, thanks to being suited up for a mates wedding.
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on July 14, 2019, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Great story, Fui!

Too long for me to read, but I did a quick scan and it seems hilarious. Haha... Michael Caton
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Last Taxi, great movie
Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I think I have word battle with Mrs Fui that I have won!
Manuka
Mrs Fui: Mah-New-Kah
Me: Mar-Nah-Kah

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

honey? Mrs Fui.
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I think I have word battle with Mrs Fui that I have won!
Manuka
Mrs Fui: Mah-New-Kah
Me: Mar-Nah-Kah

I’m a bit of both of you here... mah-nah-kah
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

bonehead wrote:honey? Mrs Fui.
Canberra suburb? Mrs Fui.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:
bonehead wrote:honey? Mrs Fui.
Canberra suburb? Mrs Fui.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Canberra sporting facility? Mr Fui
Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah context might help. Canberra suburb. She was saying Mah-New-Kah like the honey, and I was saying no Mah-nah-kah like the oval. Even YouTubed an old Win News video to prove the point.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah context might help. Canberra suburb. She was saying Mah-New-Kah like the honey, and I was saying no Mah-nah-kah like the oval. Even YouTubed an old Win News video to prove the point.

You just changed your pronunciation to line up with mine, Fui! Which one is it?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 17, 2019, 7:01 am Yeah context might help. Canberra suburb. She was saying Mah-New-Kah like the honey, and I was saying no Mah-nah-kah like the oval. Even YouTubed an old Win News video to prove the point.

And now you're sleeping on the couch..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Rickman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah context might help. Canberra suburb. She was saying Mah-New-Kah like the honey, and I was saying no Mah-nah-kah like the oval. Even YouTubed an old Win News video to prove the point.

Haha I stuffed up the breakdown, it’s more Mah than Mar..

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's mah-noo-kah

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 17, 2019, 10:49 am
The Rickman wrote:

Haha I stuffed up the breakdown, it’s more Mah than Mar..
What?? Mah IS Mar... learn your phonetics!!