The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Hey Fui, hope all is well.

I had a mate commit suicide just days after saying hello to him.

We were on different shifts and rarely ran into each other, I saw him one week out of every 3.

It's tough, I was angry with him I must admit because he never talked to me about his issues and fair enough I suppose. He just went...For all the good times we spent together talking footy and crap I never and he never shared with me his personal life at home. I miss him dearly..

A few weeks ago..18th June..was the 1st anniversary of his death.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Cheers guys I'm ok these days.

Sorry to hear about that PJ. Being angry at someone for dying is not that unusual so try not to get too down on yourself. It's part of the grieving process.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

You take it easy zim..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote:Cheers guys I'm ok these days.

Sorry to hear about that PJ. Being angry at someone for dying is not that unusual so try not to get too down on yourself. It's part of the grieving process.
Good to hear, mate. Please don’t be afraid to speak up if you’re ever struggling again... we may be an absolute pack of ***** on this forum, but we’re YOUR absolute pack of *****.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: July 3, 2019, 5:46 pm Cheers guys I'm ok these days.
Good to hear mate!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I know what the term "I'm ok" really means.

Zim, you make sure you PM me or discuss with someone when you're feeling down, ok? I've had those thoughts. I've been there. And no one would have ever guessed.

As men we are really good at not giving signs. We're also really good at not talking about things we really should.

You're not alone. That goes to all of you. There are a bunch of good blokes here in the GH who are genuinely here for you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: July 4, 2019, 10:25 am I know what the term "I'm ok" really means.

Zim, you make sure you PM me or discuss with someone when you're feeling down, ok? I've had those thoughts. I've been there. And no one would have ever guessed.

As men we are really good at not giving signs. We're also really good at not talking about things we really should.

You're not alone. That goes to all of you. There are a bunch of good blokes here in the GH who are genuinely here for you.

There's also me too.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: July 4, 2019, 10:25 am I know what the term "I'm ok" really means.

There's also me too.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Just found out I won $400 in Flower Power gift cards. Needed to write what motivates me on Mondays in 30 words or less. Came up with “A shower and Flower Power stops me feeling sour.” Used some emojis to shrink the character limit.

Corny I know, but that’s what scores the big bucks

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You never fail to disgust me, Fuifui.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Disgusting, but with $400 in vouchers!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

what are you going to do with $400 worth of flowers?? or is flower power something else?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It'll be something awful, no doubt.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Not just flowers, they have gardening and bbq supplies, outdoor settings, landscaping supplies.. the works.
I do need some new plants out the front. I keep chopping up the Aggies with the whipper snipper. So I’ve got some pots to raise them out of my way, but now I want something other than Aggies there

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He was the only one who entered!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

dubby wrote:He was the only one who entered!

All the other entries were "roses are red ".... yada yada

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: July 3, 2019, 4:15 pm Hey Fui, hope all is well.

I had a mate commit suicide just days after saying hello to him.

We were on different shifts and rarely ran into each other, I saw him one week out of every 3.

It's tough, I was angry with him I must admit because he never talked to me about his issues and fair enough I suppose. He just went...For all the good times we spent together talking footy and crap I never and he never shared with me his personal life at home. I miss him dearly..

A few weeks ago..18th June..was the 1st anniversary of his death.
One of my best mates committed suicide on New Year’s Eve 2006. Now I’m always the moody bugger at New Year’s Eve parties.

That started my personal spiral with depression, But it’s a battle I’m wining.

I’ve never actually met anyone on this forum, but I know there are a number of people who at the drop of a hat would help out. There are a lot of good people around here :thumbsup
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Coastalraider wrote:I’ve never actually met anyone on this forum, but I know there are a number of people who at the drop of a hat would help out. There are a lot of good people around here :thumbsup
It’s true. I’ve only met 3 people on here that I know of, but they don’t really post much anymore... Where is Beetlejuice by the way?! Pretty sure I saw Nickman at the 2016 ANZAC day post-game members do, but I was too star gazed to introduce*

My fault though. I keep missing the games where there’s a GH meetup. I’ll make the next Sydney one!

*Stargazed at the ex Raiders players, not Nickman

Nickman's love of NSW
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 5, 2019, 2:23 pm
Coastalraider wrote:I’ve never actually met anyone on this forum, but I know there are a number of people who at the drop of a hat would help out. There are a lot of good people around here :thumbsup
It’s true. I’ve only met 3 people on here that I know of, but they don’t really post much anymore... Where is Beetlejuice by the way?! Pretty sure I saw Nickman at the 2016 ANZAC day post-game members do, but I was too star gazed to introduce*

My fault though. I keep missing the games where there’s a GH meetup. I’ll make the next Sydney one!

*Stargazed at the ex Raiders players, not Nickman
Good save :roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I've met a good thirty to fifty people from this forum and I can categorically say we're all an absolute mob of degenerate *****.

Especially me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Also, pretty pissed off you didn't come and say hi Fui, you degenerate ****.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

The Rickman wrote: July 5, 2019, 4:19 pm I've met a good thirty to fifty people from this forum and I can categorically say we're all an absolute mob of degenerate ****.

Especially me.
Lucy doesn't count as 20 people for each of his alt accounts though

I've only met 4 or 5

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote: July 5, 2019, 5:02 pm
The Rickman wrote: July 5, 2019, 4:19 pm I've met a good thirty to fifty people from this forum and I can categorically say we're all an absolute mob of degenerate ****.

Especially me.
Lucy doesn't count as 20 people for each of his alt accounts though

I've only met 4 or 5
4 or 5 Lucy's??
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Rickman wrote:Also, pretty pissed off you didn't come and say hi Fui, you degenerate ****.
You wouldn’t have wanted to chat to me that night. I was seriously going around going “Mal... there’s Mal... B..Bell..Bellamy... oh there’s Thurling.”

You wouldn’t have wanted to talk to me!

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Found out last week about this 24hr racing series done in Aus, the 24 Lemons.
https://24lemons.com.au

It’s basically a bit of fun, the car and upgrades cannot cost more than $999. A few friends at work are looking at doing the Wakefield Park (Goulburn) event next year.

That said, as a US racing enthusiast, 24hrs around the Calder Park Thunderdome would be awesome as well!

Nickman's love of NSW
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 8, 2019, 9:16 am Found out last week about this 24hr racing series done in Aus, the 24 Lemons.
https://24lemons.com.au

It’s basically a bit of fun, the car and upgrades cannot cost more than $999. A few friends at work are looking at doing the Wakefield Park (Goulburn) event next year.

That said, as a US racing enthusiast, 24hrs around the Calder Park Thunderdome would be awesome as well!
looks like a cool idea

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

been looking at that for a while, on the cusp of **** box rally though so need to focus on that for 2020
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

By now most of us have seen the Step One bamboo underwear ad.

So my question is..who's filling that pouch ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Even I've met Nickman. For 5 seconds.

He left me with shezza, albi, manbush and dr Zauis

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

There is a new squiggy guy on Hindmarsh drive dirtying people's windscreen. I applaud him for having a crack and not breaking into my home but our car was clean before you greased it up.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

What’s everyone’s Subway combo? I think I just discovered a winner.
Pizza Sub
Italian Herb
Cheese
All salads minus Carrot and Cucumber
Marinara and a line of BBQ sauce

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Chicken Classic
IHC
Mozzarella
Capsicum
Onion
Lettuce
Olives
Chipotle sauce

Mad heart burn but worth it

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

They have taken away my favourite - seafood sensation on italian, all salads minus carrots and tomato, with thousand island dressing. A double shake of salt and pepper. Untoasted.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

My favourite is:

Italian BMT on Italian Herbs and Cheese, toasted
Add avocado
Old English cheese
Every single salad
Sweet chilli and garlic aioli
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Subway make a good sandwich but gee it can be a pain in the **** to order sometimes unless it's just the one near my work..

The first person asks you half a dozen questions about how you want your sandwich, completes the first 2 things, passes it on to the next person to ask you all of the same questions etc. each time down the line

then as they are asking what salad I want they've already put lettuce on before I've had a chance to say anything so it looks like I'm getting **** lettuce

also if you did want all the salads you can't just say 'all the salad's' without going through each one individually to confirm each one

anyway /rant

go to when I cbf trying something different is

footlong IHC
chicken strips
cheddar
toasted
spinach
tomato
capsicum
olives
jalapenos
no sauce