The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: The Television Thread

Post by the bone »

Currently watching the pilot of The 100... first impression - the acting is terrible! So what’s the deal with this show? Does the acting improve? Is it worth continuing? It’s got 6 seasons, so it must decent...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
PigRickman wrote:LEGO masters is fantastic.
I enjoyed it, how many times is it on a week? Might turn me off committing to it.

Started watching the Madeleine McCann doco on Netflix. It’s a bit of a slow burn. 8x 1hr eps, and you already know there’s no resolution.
The McCann doco was incredibly slow. I watched the first ep and then couldn’t be bothered with the rest...

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

the bone wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
PigRickman wrote:LEGO masters is fantastic.
I enjoyed it, how many times is it on a week? Might turn me off committing to it.

Started watching the Madeleine McCann doco on Netflix. It’s a bit of a slow burn. 8x 1hr eps, and you already know there’s no resolution.
The McCann doco was incredibly slow. I watched the first ep and then couldn’t be bothered with the rest...

I have about 3 eps to go of that doco. I’ve been struggling to find motivation to push on.

I heard they asked the McCanns to be part of the doco, and they declined.

I feel like Netflix agreed to 8x 1hr eps thinking they would accept. Once they declined, they’ve probably struggled to figure out how to fill it out.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Black Summer on Netflix. Prudy good
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Dr Zaius wrote:Black Summer on Netflix. Prudy good
I’ve watched it not a bad show, interested to see where they take it now. It’s a prequel to Z Nation, so they don’t have much time before things went a little crazy in that universe.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm Bate Man wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Black Summer on Netflix. Prudy good
I’ve watched it not a bad show, interested to see where they take it now. It’s a prequel to Z Nation, so they don’t have much time before things went a little crazy in that universe.
I read that it was set in the Z Nation universe. Doesn't have any of the zanyness of Z Nation. Its pretty intense.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I was just thinking this morning that Ozark season 2 must be out soon, so I checked Netflix and it is there. Anybody watched it?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I haven't yet seen the new season of GoT, so I'm going to use the 10 day trial of Foxtel Now to catch up on the 5 S8 episodes so far as well as catch next week's finale.

Has anyone else tried this yet?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

the bone wrote:Currently watching the pilot of The 100... first impression - the acting is terrible! So what’s the deal with this show? Does the acting improve? Is it worth continuing? It’s got 6 seasons, so it must decent...

The first 3 episodes or so are brutal. It gets much better, S2/3 are both really good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

gergreg wrote:I was just thinking this morning that Ozark season 2 must be out soon, so I checked Netflix and it is there. Anybody watched it?

Really enjoyed Ozark, the performances are top notch!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-GD- wrote:
gergreg wrote:I was just thinking this morning that Ozark season 2 must be out soon, so I checked Netflix and it is there. Anybody watched it?

Really enjoyed Ozark, the performances are top notch!
Oops apologise on this one. I put the kids to bed last w/e and turned on season 2 and the wife was like... we've seen this... And yes we had already watched it. Let me rephrase, Season 3 must be out soon.

I know it's a tough field at the moment with GOT, but 'Bluey' has to be up there with the best shows on atm. Surely? The dad jokes come thick and fast.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I just started on Chernobyl. Next day that I have a bad day at work I'll re-watch episode 1 and reflect on how the power plant minions fared.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched "What/If" on Netflix. A load of old malarkey, but hard to stop watching. I like the review that said something like... "they must have been trying to make a bad TV show". Yes, yes I think they were and it was fun watching.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Watching The Hot Zone on Fox, the story of how Ebola almost got loose in the US, similar delivery to Chernobyl, worth a watch

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Brewdle wrote:Watching The Hot Zone on Fox, the story of how Ebola almost got loose in the US, similar delivery to Chernobyl, worth a watch

Reading the title, I thought it was going to be about Scarlet Johansson sharing an apartment with Blake Lively.

Little disappointed
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I admit, I have been watching the "Logies" tonight. How on earth are some of these programs winning? How on earth are some of these people winning? It is an awards ceremony that has completely lost its way. The voting system is clearly beholden to narrow voting campaigns from shows with tiny audiences... and that is enough to get wins. The whole thing is a joke. I guess it always was. But I look back on the days when television viewing was a shared experience by the nation fondly. You knew when someone won one of these awards... the bulk of people had likely heard of you and watched your work.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Tbh you're probably the only person who showed any interest in it

I legitimately didn't know it was on

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm not sure that's true. There will be a lot of people watching it. The TV audience is atomising. I think that's a word. It results in the ABC and Channel 10 "personalities" winning these days. Who'd have thought.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Yeah we watched it. You’re spot on though, you can see that when you compare the Most Popular nominees with the Outstanding nominees.
Still not 100% sure how I feel about Tom winning the Gold. It is a joke, but no more of a joke than Scott Cam, Denise Drysdale and Sam Johnson

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont care about the logies, have never watched it and didnt even know it was on or who won Gold until a mate sent me Tom's speech to watch this morning... and i confidently declare that to be the greatest moment in logies history and they should just wrap the whole thing up and call it a day
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:I dont care about the logies, have never watched it and didnt even know it was on or who won Gold until a mate sent me Tom's speech to watch this morning... and i confidently declare that to be the greatest moment in logies history and they should just wrap the whole thing up and call it a day
Hahahaha Tom’s speech was absolutely **** amazing.

For anyone who hasn’t watched it, look it up
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Tom Gleeson has done to the Logies what the GH did for online polls about the best NRL players.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just binged The People v OJ Simpson. I know, it has been a long time out. Had previously watched the second season of American Crime Story. Both were outstanding.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched The Last Czars on Netflix today. It is a docu-drama... I wonder if it would have been better simply as a drama, because it is mostly drama, and very well acted and produced. An awful time in history, they made mistake after mistake after mistake, as presented. But then an awful end for some innocent young people. Worth watching. I had not realised that the woman much later claiming to be Anastasia... has been proven she was not the princess by DNA testing... rather a mentally ill Polish factory worker. She claimed until her death she was the princess.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I see Stranger Things 3 is out... I'm not sure if I really want to watch it. Surely it should have been left at Stranger Things 1.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

The majority of what everybody seems to watch here is reality TV and Netflix originals.

I have a massive backlog, but have put a minor dent in it today. Got through some Ray Donovan, Veep, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy and Supernatural. Second last season of Supernatural, thank god; outstaying its welcome but I've been with it since the start in 2005 - damned if I'm not going to see it through!

As soon as my network TV backlog started to look somewhat manageable, I made the mistake of checking my Netflix list... oh dear. New seasons of Jessica Jones, Stranger Things, and a whole lot more.

Natural attrition needs to do its thing a fair bit more before I actively seek out new content.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:I see Stranger Things 3 is out... I'm not sure if I really want to watch it. Surely it should have been left at Stranger Things 1.
I'm with you here. Will wait for the consensus before investing time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I've been watching this sitcom called Mom.

Allison Janney and Anna starring.

Gives me a giggle, I like to giggle.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Need to catch up on Supernatual. We finished Season 12, so we’re a season or 2 behind

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Rickman wrote:
PigRickman wrote:I dont care about the logies, have never watched it and didnt even know it was on or who won Gold until a mate sent me Tom's speech to watch this morning... and i confidently declare that to be the greatest moment in logies history and they should just wrap the whole thing up and call it a day
Hahahaha Tom’s speech was absolutely **** amazing.

For anyone who hasn’t watched it, look it up
His monologue was absolutely outstanding

I never rated him as a comedian, but I lost my ****

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Need to catch up on Supernatual. We finished Season 12, so we’re a season or 2 behind

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I can't believe that is still going

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Been watching Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj on Netflix. It’s really very good.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Still watching MASH.

COL Blake left the show on Friday(season3). He got his discharge points and flew out. But his plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan, they're were no survivors.

MAJ Burns thinks he's in charge now, but we all know it wont be long until Sherm turns up.

Before that happens though Trapper goes home and Hawkeye missed saying goodbye. They speed off to catch Trapper before his plane leaves for state side. He's too late but Radar and Hawk do meet the new surgeon Dr BJ Hunnicut.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Way to spoil it.

Darth Vader is Luke's father... how do you like them apples!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:49 am Still watching MASH.

COL Blake left the show on Friday(season3). He got his discharge points and flew out. But his plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan, they're were no survivors.

MAJ Burns thinks he's in charge now, but we all know it wont be long until Sherm turns up.

Before that happens though Trapper goes home and Hawkeye missed saying goodbye. They speed off to catch Trapper before his plane leaves for state side. He's too late but Radar and Hawk do meet the new surgeon Dr BJ Hunnicut.
Is that only Season 3? Jesus, I thought Henry and Trapper were in it for a LOT longer.