Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: The Politics Thread 2019

Post by The Nickman »

You see my point?? Impossible to have a rational debate
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

No idea what you two are on about, but there are some topics it's best not to engage in rational debate about.

I mean, if somebody here wanted to have a rational debate here about the Earth being flat, the correct response would be to dismiss them as an idiot. I'm sure the flat-earther would pull the old "see, afraid to engage in civil discourse - look how right I am!" card.

Doesn't mean the Earth is flat.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

So after 6 years of LNP government, according to Tim Wilson, Labor is to blame for the anaemic 0.4% growth for the June quarter saying “Australians lived in fear of a Labor government” and that’s why we didn’t spend any money to grow the economy.

Never mind the previous 3 quarters too btw...

https://mobile.twitter.com/abcnews/stat ... 6100654080

What an absolutely moronic thing to say yet people swallow these comment without any reservations.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That bloke is a Muppet

The economy isn't growing cause cost of living is growing and wages aren't, so people can't afford to go and buy a 55 inch TV like they could 5 years ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Frydenberg blames recession on Barefoot Investor Image
https://m.betootaadvocate.com/headlines ... -investor/

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

It is, of course, a satire site - for anybody that doesn't know.

Their homepage currently has this pearler: "AFP Officers Treated For Severe Croc-Related Injuries After Attempting To Raid The NT News"
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sterlk wrote:It is, of course, a satire site - for anybody that doesn't know.

Their homepage currently has this pearler: "AFP Officers Treated For Severe Croc-Related Injuries After Attempting To Raid The NT News"
Yeah, I feel if you don’t realise it’s a satire site by now, you’re either beyond help or have a very odd view of the world
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Yeah, I feel if you don’t realise it’s a satire site by now, you’re either beyond help or have a very odd view of the world
Yeah.. people think it's real, however

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-TW- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Yeah.. people think it's real, however

They probably think WWE is real also

Nickman's love of NSW
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

-TW- wrote: June 8, 2019, 1:53 pm That bloke is a Muppet

The economy isn't growing cause cost of living is growing and wages aren't, so people can't afford to go and buy a 55 inch TV like they could 5 years ago

Detailed economic analysis right there.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

papabear wrote:

Excellent input, as always

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

-TW- wrote: June 19, 2019, 11:19 am
papabear wrote:

Excellent input, as always

I’m following the TW gold standard.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Boy, this isn't far off "I know you are, but what am I?", is it??
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Surely has to be one of the best media releases in Australia’s political history :lol:

MEDIA RELEASE: Reason Leader Fiona Patten MP reacts to election of One Nation’s Malcolm Roberts
Wednesday, 19 June 2019
Reason Leader and Member for Northern Metropolitan, Fiona Patten has today given her first comments in relation to the pending return to the Senate of One Nation’s Malcolm Roberts.

“You’re f***ing kidding me right? I thought someone was having a joke with me! Not that climate-change denying, weirdo, conspiracy theorist.

“What a dick.”
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Malcolm Roberts response:

" who's Fiona Patten?"
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Do people still buy 55 inch TVs?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: June 19, 2019, 2:31 pm

Hey..

My tv is only 55 inch..but I didn't buy it. It was a hand me down when my bro bought a monster..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

-PJ- wrote:

Hey..

My tv is only 55 inch..but I didn't buy it. It was a hand me down when my bro bought a monster..
I bought one for my gaming room a couple weeks ago from Bing Lee, $600 and used Afterpay so $150 a fortnight Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Brewdle has a gaming room AND a food van?? Man, you're the coolest person I know!
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Haha, I’ve had two of the kids move out recently so had spare rooms

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I have a junk room I could convert into a games room... however it's full of junk.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Back on topic thanks..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sorry Fergus
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

If ya wanna dribble tripe head over to the off topic thread and hang out with PJ...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: June 19, 2019, 3:39 pm

Hey..

Oh, I don't doubt that people still own them, but I don't really see them in the shops any more.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Brewdle wrote: June 19, 2019, 3:44 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Hey..

I bought one for my gaming room a couple weeks ago from Bing Lee, $600 and used Afterpay so $150 a fortnight Image

Well, there you go - I'm wrong. That may well be the first time ever in the Politics thread, now I think about it.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

T_R wrote: June 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Hey..

Oh, I don't doubt that people still own them, but I don't really see them in the shops any more.
Need to get into JB Hifi more.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tvs/tvs-55-60 ... 1&fm=false
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote: June 20, 2019, 11:30 am
T_R wrote: June 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Hey..

Need to get into JB Hifi more.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tvs/tvs-55-60 ... 1&fm=false
I really, really don't.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

You just get your people to do it for you.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote: June 20, 2019, 2:28 pm You just get your people to do it for you.
It'd be the way forward, for sure, but no. We've just moved house and realised that all of our old furniture was .... deeply crap. I've spent months in furniture and homewares shops (though are still only halfway there).

I'd be happy never stepping foot in a JB HiFi ever again.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: June 20, 2019, 2:28 pm You just get your people to do it for you.
It'd be the way forward, for sure, but no. We've just moved house and realised that all of our old furniture was .... deeply crap. I've spent months in furniture and homewares shops (though are still only halfway there).

Haha nice backpedal
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote: June 20, 2019, 3:16 pm
T_R wrote:

Haha nice backpedal
Wot?

You sound like one of the not-eating-dinner-off-a-bunnings-folding-table-every-night elites.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Are you suggesting I can afford dinner, pal??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote: June 20, 2019, 3:23 pm Are you suggesting I can afford dinner, pal??
On more than one meal a day, then? You're gonna be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, matey.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: June 20, 2019, 3:36 pm
The Rickman wrote: June 20, 2019, 3:23 pm Are you suggesting I can afford dinner, pal??
On more than one meal a day, then? You're gonna be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, matey.
TR, I only know one thing for certain... when the revolution comes I'm either going to be the first to perish or I'm going to be the one leading it.

There'll be no in between for this little black pig.