Huawei re-signs as Canberra Raiders major sponsor

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: Huawei re-signs as Canberra Raiders major sponsor

Post by Sterlk »

Billy Walker wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:11 pm Hearing on the grapevine we had another potential sponsor offering a better deal but for some odd reason our CEO wouldn’t sign up to having Don’s Smallgoods across the front of our jumper???

In any case - giving out processed meat on game day doesn't quite have the same 'wow' factor as giving away a new phone. :lol:

Preserving a long-term partnership in general is usually a safer bet than going with a newbie sponsor who might do a 'one and done' deal for a few years only.

On the other hand, if I won a Huawei phone at a game I'd smile and appear thankful so as not to make a scene - then turn around and sell it for cents on the dollar to whoever would take it. They'd be fine for some people, more of an issue in other cases.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The salami hotseat would be a great promotion

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Given the history of our past sponsors in Woodgers, Video Ezy, Anzett, Ozemail, McFadden's and FoneZone, I don't like the future prospects of this Huawei bizzo.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sterlk wrote: June 16, 2019, 10:02 pm
Billy Walker wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:11 pm Hearing on the grapevine we had another potential sponsor offering a better deal but for some odd reason our CEO wouldn’t sign up to having Don’s Smallgoods across the front of our jumper???

In any case - giving out processed meat on game day doesn't quite have the same 'wow' factor as giving away a new phone. :lol:

Preserving a long-term partnership in general is usually a safer bet than going with a newbie sponsor who might do a 'one and done' deal for a few years only.

On the other hand, if I won a Huawei phone at a game I'd smile and appear thankful so as not to make a scene - then turn around and sell it for cents on the dollar to whoever would take it. They'd be fine for some people, more of an issue in other cases.
We'll have to change our song:
We're bad and mean
The Meat Machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 16, 2019, 10:58 pm Given the history of our past sponsors in Woodgers, Video Ezy, Anzett, Ozemail, McFadden's and FoneZone, I don't like the future prospects of this Huawei bizzo.
Good old McFadden's. Our sponsorship equivalent of Matt Rua.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote: June 17, 2019, 1:49 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: June 16, 2019, 10:58 pm Given the history of our past sponsors in Woodgers, Video Ezy, Anzett, Ozemail, McFadden's and FoneZone, I don't like the future prospects of this Huawei bizzo.
One game for one loss! That's a record.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 17, 2019, 5:54 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 17, 2019, 1:49 pm
One game for one loss! That's a record.
Wasn't a real game anyway. More a post season junket for the Raiders.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

True. Surprised half of them made it on the field to be honest.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Sterlk wrote: June 16, 2019, 10:02 pm On the other hand, if I won a Huawei phone at a game I'd smile and appear thankful so as not to make a scene - then turn around and sell it for cents on the dollar to whoever would take it. They'd be fine for some people, more of an issue in other cases.
Funny enough, this is actually more or less what I did when I won one in 2016 during their ill-fated "give away a phone every time the Raiders score at home" promotion. (Thanks, Brenko Lee off a lovely flick pass from Toots!) I collected the phone, didn't so much as scratch the plastic, and promptly flogged it off for $500.

Now admittedly, I could use a new phone these days, so if I won one now, it would likely be a different story.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)