2019 NRL Round 14 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 NRL Round 14 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider »

Bunker overturns onfield call of no try for double movement. Geez I'd be blowing up deluxe of that went against us. He clearly reached out with a 2nd effort.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:Teddys not playing for the Roosters..

Injured ?

Origin ?
Rested

Also didn't have an issue with the double movement

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: June 16, 2019, 4:38 pm
-PJ- wrote:Teddys not playing for the Roosters..

Injured ?

Origin ?
Rested

Also didn't have an issue with the double movement

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Really? He was tackled and ball carrying arm hits the ground. His body remains in the field of play but reaches out to plant the ball. Classic Double movement. At worst case you support the on field call.
Last edited by Northern Raider on June 16, 2019, 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
scooter
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by scooter »

Northern Raider wrote: June 16, 2019, 4:34 pm Bunker overturns onfield call of no try for double movement. Geez I'd be blowing up deluxe of that went against us. He clearly reached out with a 2nd effort.
I agree. While there was definitely momentum, he also made an obvious effort to promote the ball, even if he only reached out slightly. The only justification would be the bunker must have deemed that the momentum took him over the line anyway so the supposed second effort was irrelevant.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

scooter wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: June 16, 2019, 4:34 pm Bunker overturns onfield call of no try for double movement. Geez I'd be blowing up deluxe of that went against us. He clearly reached out with a 2nd effort.
I agree. While there was definitely momentum, he also made an obvious effort to promote the ball, even if he only reached out slightly. The only justification would be the bunker must have deemed that the momentum took him over the line anyway so the supposed second effort was irrelevant.
Definitely a double movement IMO

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Channel 9 really have to turn down the on field mikes in this game. Some real potty mouths out there today.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: June 16, 2019, 5:20 pm Channel 9 really have to turn down the on field mikes in this game. Some real potty mouths out there today.

**** load of ****
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Thoughts on that penalty try guys?

Again I’m happy with the decision, even though he dropped it. He was put under undue pressure due to illegally being held back.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Tom Trbojevic goes into overdrive as Manly power past Dragons

Tom Trbojevic has warmed up for Origin II in style to help Manly overcome an eight-point deficit and beat St George Illawarra 34-14 at Lottoland on Sunday afternoon. Trbojevic scored a late try, churned out 334 metres with two line breaks, nine tackle busts, five offloads and a try assist in a dazzling return performance since injuring his hamstring at the same venue two months ago.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/tom ... t-dragons/

Mitchell and Manu star as Roosters down Dogs

Under-fire NSW centre Latrell Mitchell and stand-in fullback Joseph Manu have guided the Roosters to a comfortable 38-12 win over Canterbury at the SCG on Sunday evening.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/mit ... down-dogs/

The Greenhouse score update service
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I bet if the score was closer they would have taken the softer option and sinbinned Cronk instead.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Oh well, at least we were in 3rd place for 3 days. :lol:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:26 pm Oh well, at least we were in 3rd place for 3 days. :lol:
Yep.
Slip back to fourth, where we'll be this time next Sunday !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

BadnMean wrote:Teams going coast to coast and back with long shifts on the regular this round. Going to the edges early. Then right back across next play. Pamfers and Eels both seemed to be doing it.

Is this a new trend?

I don't normally watch a lot of non Raiders footy so not sure... Doesn't seem to be in our playbook despite having good edges...
Dogs did it vs Storm with good effect

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:05 pm
BadnMean wrote:Teams going coast to coast and back with long shifts on the regular this round. Going to the edges early. Then right back across next play. Pamfers and Eels both seemed to be doing it.

Is this a new trend?

I don't normally watch a lot of non Raiders footy so not sure... Doesn't seem to be in our playbook despite having good edges...
Dogs did it vs Storm with good effect

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yeah it's worked a few times. I'm just wondering if it's been a tactic all year and I've just missed it or it is relatively recent and done to combat a certain type of team or defence.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Greenhouse score update service