Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Off topic

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:42 am Jeez PJ that's no good!

I'm on a stand down from work as well. Off to see the psychiatrist next Thursday....I really don't want to take medication again

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Hey dubs, can I recommend the Headspace app? Try it out for five to ten minutes every day in the morning. I've been using it now for ten straight days, 20min a day and it's the most mentally clear I may have ever felt in my life.

Try out the 7-day free trial (make sure you use it EVERY day) and see how you go. I was speaking to Albi on the phone yesterday and when the topic of Headspace come up he said he recommends it to his clients too.
Yes I've heard great things about Headspace. Been a bit foggy myself this past week but my tai chi is really helping.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: June 8, 2019, 8:48 am
The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:42 am Jeez PJ that's no good!

I'm on a stand down from work as well. Off to see the psychiatrist next Thursday....I really don't want to take medication again

Hey dubs, can I recommend the Headspace app? Try it out for five to ten minutes every day in the morning. I've been using it now for ten straight days, 20min a day and it's the most mentally clear I may have ever felt in my life.

Try out the 7-day free trial (make sure you use it EVERY day) and see how you go. I was speaking to Albi on the phone yesterday and when the topic of Headspace come up he said he recommends it to his clients too.
Yes I've heard great things about Headspace. Been a bit foggy myself this past week but my tai chi is really helping.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
It's absolutely amazing, gerg. I can't speak highly enough of it. I'm currently at Day 7 of a 10-day productivity course and I've just had my most productive week at work in about five years. Coincidence?

I also feel the best mentally today that I have in a very, very long time. I mean, this year in general has been very good for me, I'm in a good place, but I'm currently at a new level.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'm putting my good mood down to the raiders. Can't get the stupid grin off my face.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Question for those with fireplaces/those who instal fireplaces.

We’re thinking of getting one installed, but the wall we’d want to put on is a pantry wall. Would the fireplace get too hot for what’s in the pantry? Would we need extra insulation?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 10, 2019, 8:57 pm Question for those with fireplaces/those who instal fireplaces.

We’re thinking of getting one installed, but the wall we’d want to put on is a pantry wall. Would the fireplace get too hot for what’s in the pantry? Would we need extra insulation?

Yes.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 10, 2019, 8:57 pm Question for those with fireplaces/those who instal fireplaces.

Yes.
Sweet, thanks
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

If you’re getting a fireplace installed surely the people who install it will know all about the right levels of insulation, unless...

Oh god, you’re going to do it yourself, aren’t you Fui?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

installed my own, in a corner though.
Double check your measurents fui and use the supplied heat guards, I had a fairly top of the range bbq galore one maybe a Wentworth with 3sp fan didn't throw much heat behind it but tons out the front.
Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Rickman wrote:If you’re getting a fireplace installed surely the people who install it will know all about the right levels of insulation, unless...

Oh god, you’re going to do it yourself, aren’t you Fui?
Hahaha nah, I’m leaving this one to a pro. But I thought I’d ask the dumb questions here, than bother getting an installer out, looking at the wall and have him say “Umm... the pantry is there dumb***, you can’t have a fireplace there...”

If anything, paying to have someone go the garage and mount the tv has spoilt me. Just want to pay to get people to do everything now

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

What's everyone been doin all weekend since the boys played Thursday ?

I worked yesterday(O/T) and I'm back in tonight for doggy..

Ive been down to the local laundromat this morning to wash my work overalls. Mrs PJ wont let me use the home washing machine and rightly so..

Anyway I was reading a Women's Day mag while waiting and a drivers license fell out from the pages and landed in my lap. What was i to do ? Did the owner know her licence was missing ? Had she already rang RMS and cancelled it ?

So I returned home and looked up this person in the white pages..found her !!

Let's call her Lisa..ok.

PJ- "Hello I'm after Lisa
Lisa- This is Lisa.
PJ- I found your drivers licence at the laundry, would you like it back ?
Lisa- Really, I didn't even realise it was missing. I was at the laundry last night. I would love it back.
PJ- Ok, I'll,drop it around in the next hour or so, I've got to go to Toronto anyway, I'll swing by !!
Lisa- I'd appreciate that, thank you very much.
PJ- Your welcome, see ya soon.

Now..she's a looker. And I know this because I have her photo licence in my pocket..
So I drive around there, she lives in Blackalls Park.

I hand over licence, she gives me a packet of chocolate biscuits...

There's my good deed for the day.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

What kind of chocolate biscuits?

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Cadbury Breakaway..

I just had to walk over to the cupboard and check what they were..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

My weekend was eventful. Went to a mates Bday in Canley Vale. The venue wasn’t licensed, so we thought we’d go to a pub afterwards for a drink.
I thought I saw an RSL not too far, so we proceeded to search for this Arrey. We walk in, DJ is playing Rawhide, and I noticed the bar stools had saddles on them. Not the arrey, but we thought the place would do. $6 beers, and $5 Vodka Lime and Sosa’s for Mrs Fui, who could argue.
Nek Minnit, three drag ladies come out and put on this awesome performance. The drinks start flowing, dancing ensues and we are home at 3am. It was one of those awesome nights that you could never have planned.

Sunday was spent in recovery mode.

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2019, 2:00 pm Cadbury Breakaway..

I appreciate that you made that effort.

I've never tried them. Would you recommend?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Definitely

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: June 18, 2019, 9:15 am
-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2019, 2:00 pm Cadbury Breakaway..

I appreciate that you made that effort.

I've never tried them. Would you recommend?
Maaaaaaaaate..

They taste just like a KitKat, only 6 in the packet and wrapped in golf foil..which is PJ proof !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

On Wednesday I took MILs gas heater for a service here in LakMac..

Gas valves checked, pressure test, leak test, etc. The technician tells me it needs a new hose and he'll replace both carry handles..$180. Good mate I said I'll pick it up on Friday.

Friday..I pick it up and I said to the bloke that the new hose he fitted looks short. "It's fine" he assures me. "It's standard size..1.5m". Ok thanks mate see ya. So I get the heater home and hook it up but guess what ? The hose don't reach. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE !!! I've now had to rearrange furniture to reposition this gas heater...That's my arvo !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I may have to get myself and Mrs PJ matching Huggle Hoodies..they look great.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Orrite guys, solve a debate between me and Mrs Fui. Is “nonetheless” pronounced

A. Nun-the-less (Mrs Fui)
B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 21, 2019, 3:41 pm Orrite guys, solve a debate between me and Mrs Fui. Is “nonetheless” pronounced

B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)
Mrs Fui wins the skin...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

-PJ- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 21, 2019, 3:41 pm Orrite guys, solve a debate between me and Mrs Fui. Is “nonetheless” pronounced

B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)
Mrs Fui wins the skin...
Yeah... she was the one who pointed out to me Salmonella wasn’t pronounced Sell-ah-men-ella.

I thought I would get this one over her though.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Orrite guys, solve a debate between me and Mrs Fui. Is “nonetheless” pronounced

B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)
You lose!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 21, 2019, 3:55 pm
-PJ- wrote:

B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)
Mrs Fui wins the skin...
Yeah... she was the one who pointed out to me Salmonella wasn’t pronounced Sell-ah-men-ella.

I thought I would get this one over her though.
Keep up the good fight Fui..you'll win one eventually.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Hey Fui - try this one.

Peej Ay
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

What's up boner ?

How's it all goin ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

rolling into the weekend fella, you? Sneaky private invite wine tasting tomorrow then an 18th at my mate's cafe at Maitland Gaol
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'll watch the Womens Origin tonight.
Probably hit the farmers market at Speers Pt in the morn.
More footy on Satd..Tonga/NZ
And it's Mrs PJs bday on Sund so I'm rollin out the charm.
And Monday off..bonus.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Orrite guys, solve a debate between me and Mrs Fui. Is “nonetheless” pronounced

B. Nun-eh-the-less (Me)
Hahaha who would seriously pronounce it the second way... oh, I see.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Mrs Fui wins in a landslide

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fui's drunk..
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

No one can pronounce that like Fui supposedly does and be serious.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Kid's rugby all day today, then kid's district touch tournament all day tomorrow.

That's a good weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It’s six degrees here right now, the coldest it’s ever been for me to do a Parkrun. Might just go back to bed
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's freezin here to Rickhead...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It was -1.5C overnight here. Apparent temperature presently -2.6C.

Night before last it was -4C, apparent temperature -8C. Sia Soliola was sleeping rough in that!