Raiders player signing speculation 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

FROG
Brett Mullins

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by FROG »

Haha. Speak to any rabbitohs supporter and they can't stand gagai. The bloke turns up for 3 games a year and none of those are in red and green. Wouldn't touch him.

I rate fonua but he is a poor man's BJ.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Well looks like titans out but us for tannah boyd.

As for the above, I feel we just need a high energy line breaking forward (as long as BJ comes back)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Bennyinthewest wrote: June 12, 2019, 8:17 am Well looks like titans out but us for tannah boyd.

As for the above, I feel we just need a high energy line breaking forward (as long as BJ comes back)

Out of us and the Titans? I'd hope he can see the risks at the Titans.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Sorry typo, I meant out bid us, but yeah I agree. He is more of an organiser and gets his body in front of people in defense, I'm hoping for a last minute counter offer from us

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I don't see a place for Fonua at the Raiders. If we were looking at backs I would rather Xerri or Lomax should they become available.

I had seen nothing much of John Bateman prior to him playing for the Raiders. I would keep him on the right because - Johnny B. Gooood.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Gotta agree with red here, I feel the same about our halves
Trouble finding a spot in FG for Jack Cogger but should Luke Keary become available, we should definitely enquire about him.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Don’t know why more people don’t think like red, pig or nick politis
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Drinkwater from the Storm has signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys starting next year. I hope we enquired about him, he is legit.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Wiki Special wrote: June 12, 2019, 6:07 pm Drinkwater from the Storm has signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys starting next year. I hope we enquired about him, he is legit.
I'm pretty sure the club will see how Williams goes first before we enter the market for another half...
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Raiders666 wrote: June 12, 2019, 6:15 pm
Wiki Special wrote: June 12, 2019, 6:07 pm Drinkwater from the Storm has signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys starting next year. I hope we enquired about him, he is legit.
I'm pretty sure the club will see how Williams goes first before we enter the market for another half...
Hes a fullback
Dont delete this GE
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Oh I'm an idiot...i was thinking of the other Drinkwater...The bad one. Carry on
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Is Drinkwater that much of an upgrade on CNK?
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Tigers apparently shopping Josh Reynolds, McQueen, Elijah Taylor and Russell Packer.

If we haven't got George Williams (which I'm fairly certain we have!) I reckon we should have a crack at Reynolds. Solid short kicking game, can kick a field goal from anywhere on the field (as we know from experience) and a real team player.

The other player I'd be interested in would be Packer. Not for the reported 650k pa that he is currently on, but he'd be a good get at 4-500k pa.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Raiders666 wrote: June 12, 2019, 6:43 pm Is Drinkwater that much of an upgrade on CNK?
There would be very few first graders who would be an upgrade on him based on current form... Just hope he can sustain it!
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

And tigers will be picking up part of the payments
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Reynolds is on 900k, no way he's coming here to play mounties

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

People really think we need a new fullback? 🤷‍♂️
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

no one comes in for CNK unless it is tedesco or ponga
raider 4 life
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raiders666 wrote:Is Drinkwater that much of an upgrade on CNK?
Not even close

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I love CNK too. Can't have too many good players. Drinkwater is going to be an elite player in my opinion. Good luck to the Cowboys.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

FROG wrote: June 12, 2019, 7:09 pm Tigers apparently shopping Josh Reynolds, McQueen, Elijah Taylor and Russell Packer.

If we haven't got George Williams (which I'm fairly certain we have!) I reckon we should have a crack at Reynolds. Solid short kicking game, can kick a field goal from anywhere on the field (as we know from experience) and a real team player.

The other player I'd be interested in would be Packer. Not for the reported 650k pa that he is currently on, but he'd be a good get at 4-500k pa.
360 tonight Kent reckons the reason Packer is on the outer at the Tigers is because Maguire wanted him to lose weight to be more mobile - in fact wanted that from all his forwards. Packer did that and now has lost his mojo, or at least his power. Hence his not really all that good season so far. If he goes elsewhere presumably it will be because they will let him beef up (I wouldn't say pork up), and of course that would be the complete opposite of the forwards policy we are (successfully, at the moment) pursuing.

So no, I doubt Packer would enter into our consideration.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Is Reynolds actually on 900k.

I reckon he could be an X factor adddition to the squad. But if he’s on that coin it’s a solid no.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

For me Reynolds had the first half of this season to prove he was over the repeated injuries. Here we are again and it's a solid pass from me.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

julian87 wrote:Is Reynolds actually on 900k.

I reckon he could be an X factor adddition to the squad. But if he’s on that coin it’s a solid no.
It's what Dean Ritchie was saying, so grain of salt I guess

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

-TW- wrote: June 12, 2019, 11:16 pm
julian87 wrote:Is Reynolds actually on 900k.

It's what Dean Ritchie was saying, so grain of salt I guess

When Reynolds was playing reserve grade at the start of the season I heard reports that he was on $900k too... terrible signing if so
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Whats the tip on our development contracts for next year? Our 20’s are a decent side with some potential. Interested to see who they keep!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

FROG wrote:Tigers apparently shopping Josh Reynolds, McQueen, Elijah Taylor and Russell Packer.

He is coming mate. Confirmed to me in tomorrow person by the powers of the club

In Ricky We Trust
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

CNK is leading the NRL in runs and run meters. I think we are doing ok considering he would be on very low coin.

In Ricky We Trust
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ronny P wrote: June 13, 2019, 4:53 am Whats the tip on our development contracts for next year? Our 20’s are a decent side with some potential. Interested to see who they keep!

I've only watched highlights but Westcott and Rorke seem to show up in the match reports a lot. Just looking at their stats and Smith-Shields looks like a good prospect as well.

I think we will see most of them used for new signings though, especially now those players can play after June 30.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

CNK is playing out of his skin, and I have a man crush on him, but Drinkwater is definately a talent, and the type of player you would consider as an upgrade option.

Drinkwater is leaving the Storm coz he is sick of waiting his turn. Bellyache is big on pecking order over talent. This kid will be special. Not sure Id wanna be playing for Cows this yr, but starting fresh next yr would be better for him.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

edwahu wrote:
Ronny P wrote: June 13, 2019, 4:53 am Whats the tip on our development contracts for next year? Our 20’s are a decent side with some potential. Interested to see who they keep!

I've only watched highlights but Westcott and Rorke seem to show up in the match reports a lot. Just looking at their stats and Smith-Shields looks like a good prospect as well.

I think we will see most of them used for new signings though, especially now those players can play after June 30.

Would be a real shame to not at least take one or two in particular spine players. I suppose all will be revealed once jittery June finishes with first grade!

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Can be hard to gauge a half until you see them playing against at least reserve grade. O'Hagan had big wraps but his defense is really letting him down. Would love to see someone like Westcott kick on.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Ronny P »

Agree in regards to Ohagan and Westcott. The latter’s game control seems very natural. He showed real maturity in the game down in Wagga against Panthers which is who we signed him from??? Seems like a genuine kid and spoke very well after the game. Hopefully they push a few up into NSW cup and see how they go. I watched Medlyn and Patterson play last week and they more than held there own as well. Future looks bright although we are fairly backrow and hooker heavy!

Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Harley Smith Shields is a big tip from within the brains trust to really go places if he keeps his work ethic going.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

I think him and Timoko have another year in 20’s.