Tigers 13+
No votes

Total votes: 10

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by BadnMean »

It's a shame for you guys but for my mate in Darwin and the rest of us scattered through Moresby and SE Asia for various reasons Darwin is a rare game we can get to without an 8 hour flight! We're flying in from all over.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-PJ- wrote:
Ultima wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:32 pm Jason Croker with a try according to the commentators!
I was at work during the game listening through ABC Granstand.

Johnny Gibbs kept calling..Josh Bateman !!!

His co-commentators didn't even correct him..all night this went on !
John Gibbs was really anti Raiders all night. He had a real bee in his bonnet about everything we did.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BadnMean wrote:It's a shame for you guys but for my mate in Darwin and the rest of us scattered through Moresby and SE Asia for various reasons Darwin is a rare game we can get to without an 8 hour flight! We're flying in from all over.
Fair point. Hope the fans up North have as great a time as we did last night Image

How good would a home semi in a stadium like that be? The Viking Clap would be epic!
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

BJ wrote: June 8, 2019, 11:19 am
-PJ- wrote:
Ultima wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:32 pm Jason Croker with a try according to the commentators!
I was at work during the game listening through ABC Granstand.

Johnny Gibbs kept calling..Josh Bateman !!!

His co-commentators didn't even correct him..all night this went on !
John Gibbs was really anti Raiders all night. He had a real bee in his bonnet about everything we did.
Should have listened to the MIX 106 FM coverage instead. I hear they're okay.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

raiderskater wrote: June 8, 2019, 10:28 am Ohhhhh.

My throat hurts this morning. Good thing I came prepared for this one and brought Strepsils.

Oh and I'm extra tired because I, uh, stayed up to watch the replay on Fox in my room.

This is a good feeling. Or it would be a better one if I wasn't about to spend six hours in an ice rink, but y'know...
Canberra Braves player?
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

yurithe1 wrote: June 8, 2019, 12:44 pm

My throat hurts this morning. Good thing I came prepared for this one and brought Strepsils.

Oh and I'm extra tired because I, uh, stayed up to watch the replay on Fox in my room.

This is a good feeling. Or it would be a better one if I wasn't about to spend six hours in an ice rink, but y'know...
Canberra Braves player?

No, figure skating official.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

1992 wrote: June 8, 2019, 9:22 am When was the last time we held another side scoreless 3 times in one year?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm just in a good mood.

We are winning games we should be winning.

Damn proud of my club.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

raiderskater wrote: June 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Canberra Braves player?

Weird question- did you work at the AIS late 90s/maybe very early 2000s?
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

BadnMean wrote: June 8, 2019, 3:40 pm
raiderskater wrote: June 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Canberra Braves player?

Weird question- did you work at the AIS late 90s/maybe very early 2000s?
Definitely not.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Phil Gould's 'dangerous' warning for title-contending Canberra Raiders

During the post-game show Friday Night Knockoff, Phil Gould effectively called this Raiders squad one of the best in decades.

"The Raiders were absolutely grinding the Tigers into the turf. I think the most dangerous thing about the Raiders now is that they know they're a good team," Gould said. "They've never looked professional before. They're talented, but they looked professional tonight."

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-r ... qeCbZ1s4S0
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:Phil Gould's 'dangerous' warning for title-contending Canberra Raiders

During the post-game show Friday Night Knockoff, Phil Gould effectively called this Raiders squad one of the best in decades.

"The Raiders were absolutely grinding the Tigers into the turf. I think the most dangerous thing about the Raiders now is that they know they're a good team," Gould said. "They've never looked professional before. They're talented, but they looked professional tonight."

I heard him say that on the night. I dunno, let’s beat Souths, Storm or Roosters first before we get too excited
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart speaks about the win over the Wests Tigers

Ricky Stuart speaks to Brett McKay on ABC Canberra Grandstand.

Audio: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... d/11171256

Roaming Elliott is back again this week as the England international caught up with some of his teammates in the sheds after the green machine's win over the Tigers at Bankwest Stadium on Friday night: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -v-tigers/

Round 13 Gallery: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -v-tigers/

Raiders.com.au competition to vote for player of the match: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... vote-motm/

Round 13 Moment of the week: Bailey Simonsson try saving tackle: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -the-week/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Round 13 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/10/cho ... -round-13/ via @NRL
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: June 10, 2019, 7:14 pm @TheGHRaiders

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Round 13 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/10/cho ... -round-13/ via @NRL
@TheGHRaiders

Canberra Raiders were voted Team of the Week on @FOXNRL with 68 per cent of the vote! Well done to the team... and all who voted! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The competition's new entertainers

Tigers v Raiders: We have the new entertainers of the NRL. Great stuff from Ricky Stuart’s team. And what about the stats now on Canberra keeping sides scoreless this year. It is quite an achievement in modern-era rugby league

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 12c26611d8
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings: Sharks and Knights in top four

5. Canberra Raiders (7)
Third defensive shutout this year and have shown a real willingness to turn up for each other. Really panicking other teams when they attack and other sides are getting frustrated and making mistakes and the Raiders make them pay. Seem to be the real deal.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/10/sow ... oom-large/

Nickman... how's that algorithm coming along?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

finally watched the game last night, Simonsson really top shelf game he's improving so much.
Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Yeah I caught the game last night, what a top shelf defensive performance that was. I was also very impressed with Simmonson! Is anyone still upset over losing Ravalawa?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dusty wrote: June 8, 2019, 12:24 am Would love to see some footage of the Viking Clap at the end. Outstanding! A great night at a great venue

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
The players hung around to be with the fans for like 30 minutes after the game. Soli got the Viking Clap going, CNK took about a zillion selfies with the punters and the other lads mingled with the punters having a great time. It really was frikken awesome to see.

I'm not sure how many Raiders fans there were at the game, but it seemed like almost half the crowd. The noise and atmosphere that was generated in that stadium by the green brigade was bloody impressive.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 11, 2019, 10:56 am
Dusty wrote: June 8, 2019, 12:24 am Would love to see some footage of the Viking Clap at the end. Outstanding! A great night at a great venue

The players hung around to be with the fans for like 30 minutes after the game. Soli got the Viking Clap going, CNK took about a zillion selfies with the punters and the other lads mingled with the punters having a great time. It really was frikken awesome to see.

I'm not sure how many Raiders fans there were at the game, but it seemed like almost half the crowd. The noise and atmosphere that was generated in that stadium by the green brigade was bloody impressive.
The video is up in The Greenhouse Facebook group. There’s a few actually. Plus pics on The GH Instagram of the post match.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: June 11, 2019, 11:35 am
Seiffert82 wrote: June 11, 2019, 10:56 am

The video is up in The Greenhouse Facebook group. There’s a few actually. Plus pics on The GH Instagram of the post match.
Thanks GE, I'll check it out.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Phil Gould's 'dangerous' warning for title-contending Canberra Raiders

I heard him say that on the night. I dunno, let’s beat Souths, Storm or Roosters first before we get too excited
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote BAILEY SIMONSSON Canberra Raiders fans! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Tackle of the Week Round 13: Choose who should win https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/11/nrl ... hould-win/ via @NRL
starry91
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: papali

Post by starry91 »

Sid wrote: June 11, 2019, 8:36 am Yeah I caught the game last night, what a top shelf defensive performance that was. I was also very impressed with Simmonson! Is anyone still upset over losing Ravalawa?
Who's Ravalawa??
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Just found this article on Reddit. Love the kid
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.red ... r_mikaele/

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 11, 2019, 5:07 pm Just found this article on Reddit. Love the kid
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.red ... r_mikaele/

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
haha that's unreal, great article.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Four Canberra Raiders in the NRL.com team of the week! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote Canberra Raiders fans! Two Raiders tries up for try of the week this week! Vote JORDAN RAPANA or BAILEY SIMONSSON! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose the NRL Try of the Week for Round 13 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/12/cho ... -round-13/ via @NRL
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I'll pick Rapana's try thanks Fergus