Williams or Sezer?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Williams or Sezer?

Post by julian87 »

Was Hingano pulled from the second half or was he injured?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not sure. You'd think, though, that if he was being preserved for firsts, he wouldn't have played at all.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Sezer will be gone by June 30!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

May as well hand Wests the 2 points I with Williams been named Again
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

julian87 wrote:Was Hingano pulled from the second half or was he injured?
Thumb injury i think????

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

kiwi raider wrote: June 3, 2019, 6:43 pm
Coastalraider wrote: June 3, 2019, 4:02 pm
simo wrote: June 3, 2019, 3:59 pm We are now worried that sezer will try his best if he gets the 7?
Hmm - yeah that doesn't sound right - I think he will try to be the dominant half, which will reduce the effectiveness of Jack, who has been playing WAY beyond my expectation.
You could well be right if the Bulldogs game was anything to go by, Sezer seemed to run at every opportunity, problem was most of the time there was absolutely nothing on
Williams has been named as the starting 7 and it's no surprise if you think about it. Stuart was never going to risk having a rabble out on the field.

Sezer is a running half and so is Wighton. So, who the hell organises things apart from Havilii? He admits he's not the organising hooker that Hodgson is. Starling is still too young and inexperienced for us to expect him to win a game at hooker. Williams complements running 5/8ths by doing the organising.

Our real problem for years when we face the Tigers is that we watch mesmerised whenever Benji runs. So, we need Sia to smash into into the turf if he hangs onto the ball for a bit too long. The other thing is that we should know by now that Farrah prefers running and passing from left to right. Numbering up and putting pressure on him and his runners with our left side defence is what's needed. The worry is that Croker has been making some incredibly **** reads in defence, leaving his winger in trouble and tries have resulted. Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to fix it up.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sticky stays with most of the players from last week's win plus SOO players. Depending on how many minutes Jack gets he will be relatively fresh. Cotric on Marsters we be an interesting match up. Jack will do most of the long kicking and Sam will do many of the red zone kicks. A shame to have lost the young forwards but the all International back row looks strong to me.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

yurithe1 wrote: June 4, 2019, 4:48 pm
kiwi raider wrote: June 3, 2019, 6:43 pm
Coastalraider wrote: June 3, 2019, 4:02 pm
simo wrote: June 3, 2019, 3:59 pm We are now worried that sezer will try his best if he gets the 7?
Hmm - yeah that doesn't sound right - I think he will try to be the dominant half, which will reduce the effectiveness of Jack, who has been playing WAY beyond my expectation.
You could well be right if the Bulldogs game was anything to go by, Sezer seemed to run at every opportunity, problem was most of the time there was absolutely nothing on
Williams has been named as the starting 7 and it's no surprise if you think about it. Stuart was never going to risk having a rabble out on the field.

Sezer is a running half and so is Wighton. So, who the hell organises things apart from Havilii? He admits he's not the organising hooker that Hodgson is. Starling is still too young and inexperienced for us to expect him to win a game at hooker. Williams complements running 5/8ths by doing the organising.

Our real problem for years when we face the Tigers is that we watch mesmerised whenever Benji runs. So, we need Sia to smash into into the turf if he hangs onto the ball for a bit too long. The other thing is that we should know by now that Farrah prefers running and passing from left to right. Numbering up and putting pressure on him and his runners with our left side defence is what's needed. The worry is that Croker has been making some incredibly **** reads in defence, leaving his winger in trouble and tries have resulted. Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to fix it up.
I don't think Sia can catch Bunji anymore. I think Bateman is going to have to scrag him to pieces. I think he'll be totally unaffected by the Bunji curse.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: June 4, 2019, 5:18 pm Sticky stays with most of the players from last week's win plus SOO players. Depending on how many minutes Jack gets he will be relatively fresh. Cotric on Marsters we be an interesting match up. Jack will do most of the long kicking and Sam will do many of the red zone kicks. A shame to have lost the young forwards but the all International back row looks strong to me.
Yeah we got very lucky really- imagine your two best young forwards missing games and our back row is still Whitehead, Tapine, Bateman.

Guler will hopefully get himself right back in the frame too. He was considered our shining hope for young middles last year before he got leapfrogged.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I guess now seems as appropriate a time as any to post this screenshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Great performance from Sezer tonight.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:49 pm Great performance from Sezer tonight.
Not everything came off but more did than didn't. Can't accuse him of not trying. I'd rather a half like that than one that won't have a crack.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Gee it’s good to have our halfback back

That’s the missing link in the puzzle, this team can win the comp

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He had one glaringly bad kick but otherwise did well with the footy and ultimately produced 2 tries and had a big part in a third.

Defensively he was as good as a half can be.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Rocks and diamonds as it always is with Sezer. The diamonds outweighed the rocks this week :)

If he can back that up the next couple of weeks we'll be on to something.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Rocks and diamonds as it always is with Sezer. The diamonds outweighed the rocks this week :)

If he can back that up the next couple of weeks we'll be on to something.
Amen...someone with some common sense!

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Thought he did well on our second try by spotting the opportunity to run the ball, and good read of the intercept which capped off a solid win. Defence on the edge was solid too

His kicking game was horrible though and failed to put any pressure on the Tigers. No repeat sets, two seven tackle sets conceded and another kick into the legs from close range

He'll retain his spot next week but the pressure is on firmly - I want to see Hingano before G Williams gets here
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

A couple of good plays but overall if you're judging him on what his role should have been (a controlling half role) it was pretty average, we should have iced that game way earlier and he had a heap of oppurtunities to build pressure through repeat sets etc but I don't think he came up with any, defense was good though so deserves to keep his spot
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Sezer was great in defense. Our line looked a lot more composed.
AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

Absolutely with him and Jack Defending very Strong
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Absolutely no surprise that our defence looked so much better tonight. Backs up what many posters have been saying all through this thread. We are a better defensive team and better team in general when Sezer plays, instead of Williams.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by Sezer's Palace »

Was disappointed with his short kicking game but otherwise happy. Had a significant role in 3 of the 5 tries and defended well all night. Would still like to see Cotric get some more early ball but hopefully combinations will come, thought he did a good job feeding Bateman. Based off Stuart's presser it's clear he still loves Sam but hopefully Aidan gets a bit of a run in the 7 now.
Instagram: @sezerspalace
Twitter: @jackkcronin
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

No way we keep the Tigers to zero if Williams is in the side.
No way we score 28 points if Williams is in the side.

Sezer was good tonight. Not great, like a marquee half-back, but a good 1st grade standard half. That's all we need him to be. Anyone who is still beating the drum for Williams after tonight is living in an alternative universe.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

So question, has everyone been pronouncing Sezer's name wrong this entire time? I'm guessing it's meant to be the Turkish pronunciation?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ultima wrote:So question, has everyone been pronouncing Sezer's name wrong this entire time? I'm guessing it's meant to be the Turkish pronunciation?
I found the Turkish pronunciation is "Sezash"

https://forvo.com/word/sezer/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

zim wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:36 pm Sezer was great in defense. Our line looked a lot more composed.
Sezer was very good with the ball in hand tonight. According to the stats he made 9 tackles. Last week Sam made 31.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I could be wrong but I believe the word 'Sezer' roughly translates to 'seven tackle set' in English.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Defence, A: solid as a rock and was able to turn it into a weapon with some **** big enough to halt momentum and the big intercept (which I've seen him take/try before only to be called offside... no fluke, he tries to read them)

Attack, B: pretty clunky and out of rhythm in general but two huge try scoring plays. Winning plays.

Kicking, C just barely: kept going too heavy on grubbers in the wet when even stopping it on/near the goal line is enough for a repeat set. Pushing a bit hard for the try scoring depth or just no touch? Some decent catchable cross field darts we almost scored off- more likely to score off those than floaty mini chip bombs. Usual grubbers into legs dross would get a pass most nights but it's such a repeat offence. General play kicking average.

B overall. He'll keep his spot. You don't lose many games if you can keep the other team to nil.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:53 pm
zim wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:36 pm Sezer was great in defense. Our line looked a lot more composed.
Sezer was very good with the ball in hand tonight. According to the stats he made 9 tackles. Last week Sam made 31.
If something works- you keep going back to it.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

I was wrong to think Williams was better than Sezer. Williams has absolutely nothing to his game. Zero. Naught. Not a thing. Sezer takes intercepts, and sometimes kicks well.

Sezer has to be the mainstay half for the rest of the season.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

RedRaider wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:53 pm
And why do you think he made so few tackles compared to Williams?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Ed, Bulldogs plan was to attack down our right side where we had rookie center Seb Kris who also made 30 tackles. The Dogs had a possession advantage and that's where they decided to use it but it didn't work for them. The Tigers did not have the possession advantage. The Raiders had to make 394 tackles against the Dogs but only 340 against the Tigers who had to make 438 tackles against us (Source: NRL.com Stats). As the stats indicate the Raiders had a fair possession advantage over the Tigers. In the presser Sticky indicated the 31 tackles Sam made had an impact on his body. I'm sure it did. Winning form is good form and I would not look to make changes for the Sharks match.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

The Rickman wrote: June 7, 2019, 9:57 pm Gee it’s good to have our halfback back

That’s the missing link in the puzzle, this team can win the comp

:lol: I love your optimism.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

afgtnk wrote:I could be wrong but I believe the word 'Sezer' roughly translates to 'seven tackle set' in English.

I could be wrong but I believed the word ‘afgtnk’ roughly translates to ‘but my boi!’ In English.

Give it a rest for a night, Sezer played well.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Good game from Aidan. As with Williams, we need to see it against some of the stronger sides in the comp before making any definitive statements about who owns the jersey - hopefully Aidan makes it his own with a good performance against the Sharks next week.

Also, I think whoever plays in that right half role needs to do a better job or getting early ball to Bateman and Cotric. The upside of that combination (and hopefully a fit Rapa outside them) is enormous, but they need more early ball from their halves.