2019 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Mounties

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: May 20, 2019, 2:38 pm http://rugbyleague-reports.stats.com/nr ... 0191131030

Impressive numbers by Guler. Around 150m and 50 tackles in 72mins.
Looks like a very impressive game- massive post contact metres, a few tackle breaks + an offload. Good for him. Defensively a lot of work + many support runs but a try cause too.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2019 NSW Cup Round 11: Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs

Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs
Belmore Sports Ground
Sunday, 18 May 11:15am

Mounties

1. Daniel Roberts
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
7. Aiden Sezer
8. Emre Guler
9. Tom Starling
10. Royce Hunt
11. Reuben Porter
12. Jarrett Boland
13. JJ Collins

14. Kyle Paterson
15. Daniel Keir
16. Steven Tavita
17. Vincent Rennie

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Connelly Lemuelu
2. Tui Katoa
3. Morgan Harper
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Isaiah Tass
6. Fa'amanu Brown
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Francis Tualau
9. Ben Marschke
10. Renouf To’omaga
11. Bronson Garlick
12. Javvier Pitovao
13. Kayne Kalache

14. James Roumanos
15. Jack Nelson
16. Dalton Smith
17. Zac Hetherington

19. Austin Dias

Preview

Last week: The Canberra Raiders NSW Cup affiliate Mounties were back to their winning ways in Round 10, defeating the fourth placed South Sydney Rabbitohs 32-18 at Panthers Stadium. Mounties were well in control at half time, going to the break with a 24-6 lead. Hooker Tom Starling scored a double, with Reuben Porter and Andre Niko scoring in the space of five minutes, right before the break. The Rabbitohs came out firing in the second half, and dominated for long stretches - but were only able to add two tries. A try to Reubenn Rennie, after a great run from Kyle Patterson, wrapped it up in the final minute for Mounties.

There were some impressive performances across the park for Mt Pritchard. Amongst the playmakers, Starling (two tries, five runs for 50 metres, one line break assist, one try assist, 34 tackles), Aidan Sezer (10 runs for 87 metres, one line break, one line break assist, one try assist, two forced line drop outs, one 40/20 and 181 kicking metres from nine kicks) and Ata Hingano (seven runs for 75 metres, one line break, one line break assist, two try assists, 149 kicking metres from seven kicks) all left their mark.

Emre Guler (15 runs for 152 metres, 69 post contact metres, three tackle breaks, 47 tackles, 94 per cent tackle efficiency) and Reuben Porter (one try, 10 runs for 121 metres, 41 post contact metres, two line breaks, five tackle breaks, 42 tackles, 100 per cent tackle efficiency) were the strongest in the pack. Reubenn Rennie (one try, 19 runs for 193 metres, 58 post contact metres, one line break, five tackle breaks, one off load) shone in the backs.

Guler (47), Porter (42) and Starling (34) topped the tackle count for Mounties. Rennie (192), Guler (152) and Harley Smith Shields (126) topped the metres gained.

This week: Mounties still sit atop the NSW Cup ladder, with the Panthers biting at their heels. They now face the seventh placed Canterbury Bulldogs on Sunday at Belmore. The Bulldogs drew with the Western Suburbs Magpies, 10-10 in their last outing. The Bulldogs - with a team featuring the likes of Michel Lichaa, Kerrod Holland, Christian Crichton and Bronson Garlick - led for 79 minutes, but the Magpies were able to force the draw with a try in the final moments. The Dogs are undefeated in their past three games, previously producing a 38-10 win over the last placed Blacktown Sea Eagles in Round 8 and a 22-16 win over the Warriors in Round 7. They have won four, drawn one and lost four matches so far this season. Mounties have won seven, drawn one, and lost one (to the Panthers in Round 8).

Mounties are the top attacking and third best defensive team in the competition. They have averaged 34 points per match (Bulldogs 17) and conceded an average 19 points per match (Bulldogs 23). Mounties have conceded a total of just 10 more points than the best defensive outfit (the Panthers) and two more than the second best (the Bears).

Form: Mounties: WWWLW
Canterbury Bulldogs: LLWWD

Head to head: Mounties have won six of 10 matches played against the Bulldogs, and drawn one. The Bulldogs won both contests last year - winning 34-22 at Canberra Stadium in Round 3, and 28-10 at Belmore in Round 17.

Mounties team changes: Daniel Roberts has been named in the No. 1 jersey, after Brad Abbey suffered an ACL injury in the early stages of the clash with the Rabbitohs last weekend. Unfortunately, it was his first game back since injuring his knee in the Round 3 match against the Knights. Sebastian Kris has been named at centre, after making his NRL debut last week. Regular Jersey Flegg centre Harley Smith-Shields drops out of the team.

Royce Hunt has been named at starting prop, after he was 18th man for the Raiders last week. He replaces Vincent Rennie, who drops back to the bench. JJ Collins replaces Dan Keir at starting lock, with Keir also moving to the interchange list.

Regular Jersey Flegg hooker Kyle Patterson retains a spot on the bench, while Darby Medlyn and Duwanye Mariner drop out of the top 17.

Our tip: The Bulldogs have some big names in their NSW Cup team - including former Raider Lachlan Lewis at half, Fa'amanu Brown at five eighth and Kerrod Holland at centre. The Dogs also have the home ground advantage, with the match to be staged as the warm up to the Bulldogs' NRL clash with the Storm. Given the recent form lines, however, we'll go with a win for the men in black and yellow.

Stats Amazing: Round 10 NSW Cup Mounties V South Sydney Rabbitohs: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/doc ... nthers.pdf

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'll be out at belmore as my daughter is performing at half time. Knowing that Mounties will be playing, I'll now have an excuse to wear my raiders jersey
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

How does Vincent Rennie go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Wow Gulers numbers outstanding...... how we going to keep him from being disgruntled about not playing grade? We keep going we will have 8/10 blokes contracted playing reggies that could make first grade and more coin anywhere. Great problem to have but when do you go for youth vs experience? Not having a dig just a simple observation

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I guess the issue is... who would you take out of the top 17? Horsburgh and Young are going like freight trains. And we have Tapine and Bateman coming back...

No injuries... Papalii, Sutton as starting props... Tapine, Whitehead and Bateman in the back row. Then there is Sia Soliola plus two spots for forwards (aside from Havili who has to be there for hooker cover). That leaves Lui, Young Horsburgh and Guler... plus others fighting for two spots.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Ronny P wrote: May 22, 2019, 8:07 pm Wow Gulers numbers outstanding...... how we going to keep him from being disgruntled about not playing grade? We keep going we will have 8/10 blokes contracted playing reggies that could make first grade and more coin anywhere. Great problem to have but when do you go for youth vs experience? Not having a dig just a simple observation
It was really all on him whether he played first grade or not. Consistency is the issue here. He's had quite a while to put in this performance to grab that first grade spot. As he's waited till now he'll get some game time through injuries / origin and after losses if he keeps it up. We've also got him contracted for 3 years with other players moving on in that period.
This is exactly what we want. Guys having to pull the finger out to earn a spot rather than it being handed to them.

And at the end of the day he still hasn't set the world on fire when stepping up into grade. Young and Horse have looked better. Guler looks like he's going to take longer to have the same impact and with the contract length and the ability to give him that taste it seems like he'll get that time.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

I guess i am putting it into the players perspective but do agree with your comments. He has produced big numbers for multiple weeks in Cup. My concern is we have several high quality juniors in even the 20’s that i am interested to see what happens with. Seb Kris, Timoko, Smith Shields, Medlyn, Westcott, Ohagan, Patterson etc. i am now hearing we are sniffing around the English centre! At what point to we clear the dead wood and make way for home grown talent. Once again just my thoughts and you cannot knock winning form in all grades. I guess its difficult to juggle the balance

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Guler's issues are defensive, the stats won't tell the whole story.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Cup clash between Canberra Raiders affiliate Mounties and the Canterbury Bulldogs. There are a few changes in the final line up for Mounties, with Aidan Sezer apparently being saved for a possible first grade recall next week. Tom Starling is also out, so he could be elevated to the Raiders following the injury to Josh Hodgson. Harley Smith Shields comes in for Sebastian Kris, who was 18th man for the Raiders, while Brendan O'Hagan comes in for Sezer. Here are the final team line ups...

Mounties

1. Daniel Roberts
2. Tony Satini
21. Reubenn Rennie
23. Harley Smith Shields
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
20. Brendan O'Hagan
8. Emre Guler
14. Kyle Patterson
10. Royce Hunt
11. Reuben Porter
12. Jarrett Boland
15. Daniel Keir

13. JJ Collins
16. Steven Tavita
18. Duwanye Mariner
25. Sam Duggan

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Connelly Lemuelu
2. Tui Katoa
3. Morgan Harper
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Isaiah Tass
6. Fa'amanu Brown
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Francis Tualau
22. Michael Lichaa
10. Renouf To’omaga
11. Bronson Garlick
20. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Kayne Kalache

12. Javvier Pitovao
14. James Roumanos
15. Jack Nelson
16. Dalton Smith

This post will update with live scores, so refresh for the latest. Kick off is at 11:15am.

Mounties 22

Tries
Dan Keir 4'
Jarrett Boland 11'
Brendan O'Hagan 14'
Kyle Paterson 78'

Goals
Andre Niko 13'
Andre Niko 16'
Andre Niko 78'

Canterbury Bulldogs 52

Tries
Kerrod Holland 18'
Isaiah Tass 25'
Bronson Garlick 28'
Kerrod Holland 31'
Lachlan Lewis 37'
Zac Hetherington 39'
Javvier Pitovao 51'
James Roumanos 56'
Tuipulotu Katoa 60'
Fa'amanu Brown 64'

Goals
Kerrod Holland 29'
Kerrod Holland 32'
Kerrod Holland 38'
Kerrod Holland 40'
Kerrod Holland 61'
Kerrod Holland 61'

HALF TIME

Canterbury Bulldogs 32 lead Mounties 16

FULL TIME

Canterbury Bulldogs 52 defeated Mounties 22
The Greenhouse score update service
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

No Sezer?

That suggests Wighton is in the Blues side

Or

Williams is to be dropped

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Dusty wrote:No Sezer?

Or

Or he has injured himself amd we are up the creek if jack is picked...

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by Sezer's Palace »

The Dogs have scored 6 tries in 21 minutes after Mounties led 16-0 hahaha.
Instagram: @sezerspalace
Twitter: @jackkcronin
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

HALF TIME

Canterbury Bulldogs 32 lead Mounties 16
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

How can you go from scoring 16 points after as many minutes to getting pumped?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

48 unanswered points now for the Bulldogs...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Canterbury Bulldogs 52 defeated Mounties 22
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

cat wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:56 am

Or

Or he's leaving the club or thrown a tanty and Stuart is refusing to play him.

Team list Tuesday will be very interesting.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canterbury Bulldogs inspired by Lachlan Lewis in 52-22 thrashing for Canberra Raiders affiliate Mounties

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have run rampant with 10 tries to claim a commanding 52-22 victory over the Mounties at Belmore Sports Ground on Sunday.

The Bulldogs surged back from 16-0 deficit early in the first half to claim an unlikely comeback victory over the ladder leaders.

Read more: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/05/2 ... untiesRd11
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

cat wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:56 am

Or

Starling and Kris rested as well. Sounds like cotton wool to me. All to play next week.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Kudos to the club pulling those players tbh.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2019 NSW Cup Round 12: Mounties V North Sydney Bears

Mounties V North Sydney Bears
North Sydney Oval
Sunday, 2 June 3:00pm
On line radio from noon via SWR Sport: https://t.co/YcA0XIn0ny

Mounties

1. Daniel Roberts
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Harley Smith-Shields
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
7. Brendan O’Hagan
8. JJ Collins
9. Sam Duggan
10. Royce Hunt
11. Daniel Keir
12. Jarrett Boland
13. Reuben Porter

14. Steven Tavita
15. Ryan King
17. Dean Matterson
19. Vincent Rennie

North Sydney Bears

1. Kieran Moss
2. Ryan Hall
3. Edward Murphy
4. James Tuitahi
5. Bernard Lewis
6. Drew Hutchison
7. Brock Lamb
8. Poasa Faamausili
9. Bradley Deitz
10. Lindsay Collins
11. Fletcher Baker
12. Thomas Freebairn
13. Max Bailey

14. Sam Verrills
15. Josh Curran
16. John Tuivaiti
17. Stefano Hala

Preview

Last week: The Canberra Raiders NSW Cup affiliate Mounties suffered a heavy 52-22 defeat at the hands of the Canterbury Bulldogs in Round 11. Mounties led 16-0 after 15 minutes, with three quick tries to Dan Keir, Jarrett Boland and - in his return to NSW Cup - half Brendan O'Hagan. However, the Bulldogs - led by the likes of Lachlan Lewis, Michael Lichaa and Kerrod Holland - then piled on 10 tries and 52 unanswered points. Mounties scored a consolation try, through hooker Kyle Patterson, three minutes before full time.

Obviously, it wasn't the best of days for Mounties. Mt Pritchard missed a total 33 tackles, and made 29 ineffective tackles - for a tackle efficiency rate of just under 80 per cent. They conceded nine breaks (Mounties had three), 33 tackle breaks (Mounties had 22) and eight penalties (Mounties received four).

Kyle Patterson (34), Emre Guler (33) and Royce Hunt (26) topped the tackle count for Mounties. Reubenn Rennie (154), Reuben Porter (147), Royce Hunt (132) and Tony Satini (128) topped the metres gained.

This week: Despite the loss, Mounties still sit on top of the NSW Cup ladder, with the second placed Penrith Panthers also losing in Round 11 to the Wentworthville Magpies. Mounties now face the third placed North Sydney Bears - a feeder club for the Sydney Roosters - on Sunday at North Sydney Oval. The Bears also lost in their last outing, 32-14 to the Newcastle Knights at Hunter Stadium.

The Bears have recorded a six and four start to the season, while Mounties have won seven, drawn one, and lost two. Mounties are the top attacking team, but after conceding 52 points last week, they now rank eighth in defence. They have averaged 33 points per match (Bears 25) and conceded an average 22 points per match (Bears 20).

Form: Mounties: WWLWL
North Sydney Bears: WLWWL

Recent meetings: Mounties won the Round 7 clash against the Bears at Central Coast Stadium, 22-18 - but lost the return clash at Aubrey Keech Reserve, 34-6 in Round 20.

Mounties team changes: Mounties have named an unchanged backline from the one that ran out against the Bulldogs last week. The ever reliable Sam Duggan comes in at starting hooker in place of Kyle Patterson - who has not been named in any grade this week. JJ Collins has been named at starting prop, with Emre Guler promoted to the Raiders top 17. Reuben Porter and Dan Keir have swapped places, with Porter moving to lock and Keir into the second row. Ryan King, Dean Matterson and Vincent Rennie come into the side on the bench, with Duwanye Mariner dropping back to Jersey Flegg. Centre Harley Smith Shields has been named for both Mounties and the Raiders Jersey Flegg team. Mounties can be expected to take precedence.

Our tip: Mounties have lost a number of their regular NSW Cup players to the Raiders this week - to cover for Canberra's mounting injury toll and players who will be on State of Origin duty. They've still named a relatively strong outfit, but it might be tough for Mounties to win this one on the Bears' own turf.

Round 11 NSW Cup Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs team and player statistics: https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cup/2 ... -mounties/

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Cup clash between Canberra Raiders affiliate Mounties and the North Sydney Bears at North Sydney Oval. This post will update with live scores, so refresh for the latest. Kick off at 3:00pm. Don't forget, there is on line radio coverage of this match via SWR Sport: https://t.co/YcA0XIn0ny

Here are the final teams:

Mounties

18. Eddie Aiono
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Harley Smith-Shields
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
17. Dean Matterson
8. JJ Collins
20. Kyle Patterson
10. Royce Hunt
16. Emre Guler
12. Jarrett Boland
13. Reuben Porter

9. Sam Duggan
11. Dan Keir
14. Steven Tavita
19. Vincent Rennie

North Sydney Bears

1. Kieran Moss
2. Ryan Hall
3. Edward Murphy
4. James Tuitahi
5. Bernard Lewis
9. Bradley Deitz
7. Brock Lamb
8. Poasa Faamausili
14. Sam Verrills
10. Lindsay Collins
11. Fletcher Baker
12. Thomas Freebairn
13. Max Bailey

15. Josh Curran
16. John Tuivaiti
17. Stefano Hala
18. Daniel Fifita

Mounties 14

Tries
Reubenn Rennie 33'
Royce Hunt 43'

Goals
Andre Niko 35'
Andre Niko 44'
Andre Niko 63'

North Sydney Bears 24

Tries
Sam Verrills 26'
Bernard Lewis 49'
Max Bailey 70'
Tom Freebairn 77'

Goals
Brock Lamb 27'
Brock Lamb 50'
Brock Lamb 71'
Brock Lamb 79'

HALF TIME Mounties 6 North Sydney Bears 6

FULL TIME North Sydney Bears 24 defeated Mounties 18
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Ohagan injured???

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Teams on the field, don't forget you can listen on line at the link above. The match now underway, Mounties kick off. The Panthers won today, so Mounties need to win to retain top spot on the ladder.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

26th min TRY BEARS to substitute hooker Sam Verrills, just steps left and right and goes over the line. Converted by Brock Lamb.

Bears 6-0
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

33rd min TRY MOUNTIES to Reubenn Rennie, Hingano intercepts, makes a great break and Rennie backs up! Turns the game as the Bears were on the attack. Niko converts.

Bears 6
Mounties 6

HALF TIME
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Ata Hingano is on the sideline and won't start the second half. Sam Duggan playing at five eighth. Second half underway.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

43rd min TRY MOUNTIES to Royce Hunt, set up by Matterson. Niko gets the conversion from 10m away from the sideline.

Mounties 12-6
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

49th min TRY BEARS to winger Bernard Lewis, he dummies and everyone falls for it. Brock Lamb converts.

Mounties 12
North Sydney Bears 12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

63rd min Mounties get a penalty right in front, Bears offside with Mounties on the attack on the try line.

PENALTY GOAL MOUNTIES to Andre Niko.

Mounties 14-12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

70th min TRY BEARS to lock Max Bailey, following the Brock Lamb kick and he takes it out of Andre Niko's hands. Brock Lamb converts from close to the posts.

Bears 18-14
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Harley Smith Shields held up over the line! And now Guler loses the ball in the red zone, on attack. There's now about five minutes left.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

78th min TRY BEARS to Tom Freebairn. Mounties defence buckled on their line. Brock Lamb converts from almost in front.

North Sydney Bears 24-14

FULL TIME

Mounties lose their grip of top spot on the ladder.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Hingano injured?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.