Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Off topic

Post by greeneyed »

Haven’t been to Raiders Gungahlin for a long, long time, not since their renovation. Dropped in after the Bulls V Blues match. They’ve done a good job of it. Nice club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Just got a load of firewood delivered. $120-00 for a 5X7 box trailer.

It's a lot of wood, we are set for winter.

No side excess down the side of the house though so was dumped in my driveway and barrowed around back. About 12 trips, stacked nice and neat.

Now..we are off for a drive...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

1 cube was about 2 weeks worth at my old place, might buy some for the fire pit soon. I have lpg now and haven't even used the heater yet.
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Just getting ready boney..

We've got a gas heater that's still in the garage, Mrs PJ hasn't called for it yet.

I'm still in shorts and tshirt..just !!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:32 am Just got a load of firewood delivered. $120-00 for a 5X7 box trailer.

No side excess down the side of the house though so was dumped in my driveway and barrowed around back. About 12 trips, stacked nice and neat.

I quite like reading your off topic posts.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: May 27, 2019, 2:51 pm
-PJ- wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:32 am Just got a load of firewood delivered. $120-00 for a 5X7 box trailer.

I got plenty..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

My day was nowhere near as exciting

Went to the gym for an hour and a half, nearly died

Went to maccas, now sitting on my couch

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: May 27, 2019, 4:10 pm My day was nowhere near as exciting

Come on Tim..that's exciting.

Let's start with the gym..all those hard bodies dripping sweat..

Why Maccas after gym ?

It's like shovelling down a tonne of KFC and having a Diet Coke.?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:

Why Maccas after gym ?

self loathing?
Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:

Giant among mortals
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 27, 2019, 5:12 pm
T_R wrote:

Giant among mortals
No..

I just like this thread. The footy threads are where it's happening but it's good to get away from that(especially after 3 straight losses) and dribble..

People can talk away their day..have a laugh..a whinge..

This is my favourite thread...

Whatya get up to today boner ?

I had an rdo..back to work 2mrw.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:

Why Maccas after gym ?

Dirty/lazy bulking

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: May 27, 2019, 5:12 pm
T_R wrote:

Giant among mortals
No..

I just like this thread. The footy threads are where it's happening but it's good to get away from that(especially after 3 straight losses) and dribble..

People can talk away their day..have a laugh..a whinge..

This is my favourite thread...

Whatya get up to today boner ?

I had an rdo..back to work 2mrw.
just work and waiting for my house purchase to settle - we've got early occupation for the last fortnight just really need the CBA to finalise
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Just got home off doggy.
Couple of eggs for brekkie.
Ear plugs in, nearly time for bed.
Back in again tonight.
Repeat routine till Friday morning...done.

Oh..it's bloody cold at work on dogwatch..tin shed..concrete floor..not nice !!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: May 27, 2019, 10:19 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Why Maccas after gym ?

Dirty/lazy bulking

I'm the same as Timmy, I exercise SO I can eat KFC and drink beer on the weekend, so it always bemuses me when people say "You just ran 5km, now you're drinking a six pack of beer?!"

Yes, I ran 5km so I CAN drink that six pack of beer!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm interviewing for a new Marketing Director role at the moment, and the applicants are really strong. Hopefully I can fill the position from the couple I interviewed this morning. It's been bothering me to have the position vacant, so will be relieved to get it finished off.

Hard to concentrate on work stuff at the moment though, because it's really busy at home. We're just on ready to move into out new place, after a two year build. We're having concrete poured on the driveway this morning. It's a couple of hundred meters long, and we could have probably scraped by with a gravel drive so it's a bit of an indulgence, but it'll be a nice finish to the approach to the house with some lighting etc. From here, there are just a few fiddly bits and pieces inside and the landscaping to finish off, and we should be in. Quite excited.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:I'm interviewing for a new Marketing Director role at the moment, and the applicants are really strong. Hopefully I can fill the position from the couple I interviewed this morning. It's been bothering me to have the position vacant, so will be relieved to get it finished off.

Hard to concentrate on work stuff at the moment though, because it's really busy at home. We're just on ready to move into out new place, after a two year build. We're having concrete poured on the driveway this morning. It's a couple of hundred meters long, and we could have probably scraped by with a gravel drive so it's a bit of an indulgence, but it'll be a nice finish to the approach to the house with some lighting etc. From here, there are just a few fiddly bits and pieces inside and the landscaping to finish off, and we should be in. Quite excited.
When the **** are you going to give me a job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:14 am
T_R wrote:I'm interviewing for a new Marketing Director role at the moment, and the applicants are really strong. Hopefully I can fill the position from the couple I interviewed this morning. It's been bothering me to have the position vacant, so will be relieved to get it finished off.

When you get off the **** internet and do some work.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:30 am
The Rickman wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:14 am

When you get off the **** internet and do some work.
I'm currently writing a report and building two models, pal! I'm the most efficient inefficient person you'll ever see.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

As a private company, we don't need to worrying about hiring for diversity, Nick.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:33 am As a private company, we don't need to worrying about hiring for diversity, Nick.
You certainly could use me just to help with your **** grammar though.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Right, yes.

I was clearly just checking to see if you'd highlight deficiencies in my use of the present continuous, a common error of those from an Asian languages background. You're obviously not suited to operating in a multicultural work situation, I'm afraid.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Ben Folds sang it best
Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:36 am
T_R wrote: May 28, 2019, 11:33 am As a private company, we don't need to worrying about hiring for diversity, Nick.
You certainly could use me just to help with your **** grammar though.
T_R is baldist
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Thought he was just ****ist tbh

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm pretty sure he's just a ****. But he's a rich ****.

I mean, he's OUR ****.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote: May 28, 2019, 1:36 pm Thought he was just ****ist tbh
I cannot for the life of me work out what's been starred out. I mean, I'm sure it's right, I just can't work out what it was.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 28, 2019, 2:43 pm
-TW- wrote: May 28, 2019, 1:36 pm Thought he was just ****ist tbh
I cannot for the life of me work out what's been starred out. I mean, I'm sure it's right, I just can't work out what it was.
I think there's one two many star.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

House purchase settled, I have stability
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 28, 2019, 4:25 pm House purchase settled, I have stability
Congrats to you and Mrs boner mate.

That's great news.

John Bateman named on extended bench..just to double that grin...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: May 28, 2019, 4:25 pm House purchase settled, I have stability
Classic Boners.

Well done.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote:House purchase settled, I have stability
Nice one.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

bonehead wrote:House purchase settled, I have stability
Nice one mate, well done.
Just got the garage floor done, loving the look of it. Weekend will be all about putting shelves up, moving everything back in, and start saving for the next hobby

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Nice one boned.
I agree with the TR maestro, PJ and his off topic chats are actually soothing. Feels like catching up with an old mate.

My day was os-os.

Loaded up over 250kg of food by hand by myself before rolling up over 350mt of hessian buy myself.

Now my back is singing in Dothraki and is really annoyed at me

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey who's seen the new Dominos add ?

They've come up with a "Dom pizza checker"

Checks the quality of the pizza with an over head scanner..

Even distribution of toppings etc.

What a load of poppykoc !!