2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Raiders 13+
5
38%
Raiders 1-12
4
31%
Draw
0
No votes
Cowboys 1-12
4
31%
Cowboys 13+
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25849
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by PigRickman » May 25, 2019, 5:11 pm

-PJ- wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
That kick by Sam Williams into an offside teammate while on the attack WAS TACKLE 3 !!!!

He had a shocker.
He made two good plays all night
The kick which he put on the tits of the opposition winger, who dick fingered it spectacularly, and we got a try
And a tackle on a back rower juggling the ball, and gives a pen away on the next tackle, cowboys ice the game on the back of it

It was a spectacularly garbage performance
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
afgtnk
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6612
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by afgtnk » May 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
I may be alone on this on the GH - but I'll be very surprised if Croker gets the left centre spot for NSW ahead of Latrell Mitchell.
Lol

Pete Cash
Jason Croker
Posts: 4514
Joined: May 10, 2008, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Pete Cash » May 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Ilanraiders wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Pete Cash wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
What the **** is with our kicking early all the time as well. Like even when in attacking position
I think they trusted their defence
But there has to be some intelligence with it. Defending is hard work and we were getting smashed with possession. It just makes sense to try and keep the ball a bit to try and even up time with the ball

User avatar
Kryptonite
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1541
Joined: June 4, 2012, 8:27 am
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Kryptonite » May 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Wighton should sign with a club that has half a chance of winning a premiership in the next 10 yrs while he is playing 5/8 and in rep form.

User avatar
luffraider
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 354
Joined: August 30, 2010, 5:32 pm
Favourite Player: Fensom

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by luffraider » May 25, 2019, 5:13 pm

Can someone update me on Hodgson? Only caught the last 15 minutes in radio

User avatar
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1724
Joined: May 10, 2011, 10:32 am
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Lucky » May 25, 2019, 5:14 pm

luffraider wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:13 pm
Can someone update me on Hodgson? Only caught the last 15 minutes in radio
broken thumb... usually a 4 - 6 week injury.... another englishman bites the dust.

User avatar
Rickmando
Alan Tongue
Posts: 674
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Rickmando » May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm

We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)

User avatar
robtheraider
David Grant
Posts: 729
Joined: June 26, 2011, 3:33 pm
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by robtheraider » May 25, 2019, 5:17 pm

5 hitups and bomb,,,,,,,,,bring back furner
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.

Ilanraiders
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1486
Joined: November 1, 2012, 3:54 am
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!
Location: Thursday island

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Ilanraiders » May 25, 2019, 5:18 pm

Pete Cash wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:12 pm
Ilanraiders wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Pete Cash wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
What the **** is with our kicking early all the time as well. Like even when in attacking position
I think they trusted their defence
Yep that would be common sense, but it seems we don’t have that!!

But there has to be some intelligence with it. Defending is hard work and we were getting smashed with possession. It just makes sense to try and keep the ball a bit to try and even up time with the ball
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!

User avatar
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9139
Joined: March 13, 2010, 8:44 am
Favourite Player: Lindsey Pelas

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LP Raider » May 25, 2019, 5:19 pm

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
I may be alone on this on the GH - but I'll be very surprised if Croker gets the left centre spot for NSW ahead of Latrell Mitchell.
Thanks, this made me laugh.

User avatar
robtheraider
David Grant
Posts: 729
Joined: June 26, 2011, 3:33 pm
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by robtheraider » May 25, 2019, 5:20 pm

robtheraider wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:17 pm
5 hitups and bomb,,,,,,,,,bring back furner
and anyone who wants to argue...…….**** you
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.

User avatar
Leebola
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1112
Joined: October 5, 2006, 9:03 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Leebola » May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm

Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1589
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LastRaider » May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm

hobbsy wrote:Well that was bad. Really highlighted how much we rely on individual brilliance to score tries and without BJ and Rapana out there we are lacking a fair bit of it. We really miss Bateman to provide some energy and spark when we need it too.

I thought Wighton had a solid enough game but I would have loved to see him really take charge of that game and float both sides of the field with his halves partner having such a shocker.

Hodgo out will hurt despite how people think he's been going this year. I'm not prepared to write off our top 4 chances just yet either I think this is a struggle patch for us and we will come good again especially when we get a bit closer to full strength, the other teams fighting for the 4th spot are just as likely as us to produce a shocker every now and again.
When it’s all said and done we will be top 8, probably 8th or 7th. We still can’t win tight games


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

Ilanraiders
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1486
Joined: November 1, 2012, 3:54 am
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!
Location: Thursday island

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Ilanraiders » May 25, 2019, 5:22 pm

LP Raider wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:19 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
I may be alone on this on the GH - but I'll be very surprised if Croker gets the left centre spot for NSW ahead of Latrell Mitchell.
Thanks, this made me laugh.
Williams might be 7 with Reynolds!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!

User avatar
thedevilingreen
Simon Woolford
Posts: 458
Joined: August 9, 2013, 8:38 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by thedevilingreen » May 25, 2019, 5:26 pm

Yeah I've been pretty cruisey this year with the team but Sam was horrible this afternoon. Sezer isn't much better but Sammy has to go he's a pedestrian out there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman

Hazza
Dean Lance
Posts: 815
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Hazza » May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm

Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1589
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LastRaider » May 25, 2019, 5:28 pm

thedevilingreen wrote:Yeah I've been pretty cruisey this year with the team but Sam was horrible this afternoon. Sezer isn't much better but Sammy has to go he's a pedestrian out there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It’s not a one off, he has been mediocre the last 4 games really


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
Raider47
David Furner
Posts: 3225
Joined: April 15, 2009, 10:38 am
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Raider47 » May 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Leebola wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm
Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Fat lot of good that does.

I don’t trust Ricky has any idea on how to fix the rabble we are becoming.
"It's always been Canberra, I love playing for the Raiders"- Jarrod Croker
"We’re all really excited about what’s going on here at the Raiders"- Blake Austin
"I’m very happy to have signed this extension and I love playing footy in Canberra"- Jack Wighton
"I’ve been in Canberra for a while now and it’s become a home for me"- Josh Papalii
"“The ultimate goal is to win a premiership and get Canberra back on the pedestal they belong."- Sia Soliola
"The club was eager for me to stay and I was eager to stay as well because I love it here in Canberra."- Josh Hodgson

User avatar
Raider of d Lost Ark
David Grant
Posts: 728
Joined: June 10, 2012, 8:16 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark » May 25, 2019, 5:34 pm

Leebola wrote:Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Yeah, short and sweet


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1589
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LastRaider » May 25, 2019, 5:37 pm

Prediction for next week.

Stuart will pick the exactly the same team and do his principal thing again. So the players can stick it in our face when they beat the BULLDOGS next week!


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
Raider of d Lost Ark
David Grant
Posts: 728
Joined: June 10, 2012, 8:16 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark » May 25, 2019, 5:37 pm

Raider47 wrote:
Leebola wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm
Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Fat lot of good that does.

I don’t trust Ricky has any idea on how to fix the rabble we are becoming.
Let’s be honest, Injuries have killed it.
Bateman was 3rd on the Dally M voting when he went down and losing Joey and Raps has totally decimated that side of the field.
Throw in Taps and now Hodgo and that’s quality footy players we have had off the field.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbo
David Furner
Posts: 3157
Joined: January 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Here

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Timbo » May 25, 2019, 5:42 pm

Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25849
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by PigRickman » May 25, 2019, 5:45 pm

Timbo wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:42 pm
Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
I thought so too
Ed said it was 50/50 at best, the still he provided certainly spoke to that

When the kids are in bed I want to look at that again in full speed. Either way be it bad pass and dick fingers or just a bad pass... we aren’t a team that can afford to put those chances on the deck

Bizarre that Cotric was dominant at times in the first half and then couldn’t buy any footy from our catch and pass halfback
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1589
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LastRaider » May 25, 2019, 5:47 pm

PigRickman wrote:
Timbo wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:42 pm
Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
I thought so too
Ed said it was 50/50 at best, the still he provided certainly spoke to that

When the kids are in bed I want to look at that again in full speed. Either way be it bad pass and dick fingers or just a bad pass... we aren’t a team that can afford to put those chances on the deck

Bizarre that Cotric was dominant at times in the first half and then couldn’t buy any footy from our catch and pass halfback
Yeah agree. He was showing the most promise to break the line but Williams and Whitehead just never passed to him. Just stupid


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
Rickmando
Alan Tongue
Posts: 674
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Rickmando » May 25, 2019, 5:47 pm

Hazza wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....

Johno
David Furner
Posts: 3553
Joined: December 12, 2013, 9:28 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Johno » May 25, 2019, 5:53 pm

Its ruined my night

User avatar
Green Taipan
Alan Tongue
Posts: 653
Joined: April 2, 2008, 9:42 am
Favourite Player: Big Mal
Location: Belco

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Green Taipan » May 25, 2019, 5:56 pm

Just back from the game and haven't looked at the replay (and don't intend to). Flat as a pancake, no drive or enthusiasm. I feel sorry for the 14,000 odd who were treated to that performance on a long w/e. Looks like normal service has been resumed until we get back some genuine NRL grade players.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2019

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30740
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by dubby » May 25, 2019, 5:57 pm

Rickmando wrote:
Hazza wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....
TL:DR

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
Rickmando
Alan Tongue
Posts: 674
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Rickmando » May 25, 2019, 6:00 pm

dubby wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:57 pm
Rickmando wrote:
Hazza wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....
TL:DR

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Dubby- given your very long track record of complete drivel posting - even just 4 letters from you is too long for me to read pal

User avatar
Leebola
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1112
Joined: October 5, 2006, 9:03 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Leebola » May 25, 2019, 6:11 pm

Raider47 wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:29 pm
Leebola wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm
Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Fat lot of good that does.

I don’t trust Ricky has any idea on how to fix the rabble we are becoming.
Agreed. It's such a shame, Ricky is a great Canberran and bleeds green by the bucketful - I love his guts - but he just isn't the bloke for the coaching job. Get him into a GM type role and bring in some non-Raiders-Old-Boy blood.

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2832
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by BadnMean » May 25, 2019, 6:14 pm

Danaman137 wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:03 pm
Mullos wrote:Williams catches in the 3rd min we go up 6-0 and it sets the tone. We were flat after that, McGuire owned us. They ran 50-60 m each set straight through our middle third. Totally lacked cohesion and a half owning the team...
Sam was terrible today but that was a tough pass to catch. Blame is more on oldfield for that one I reckon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Oldie should have taken him on- wingers job is to beat players 1 on 1 and finish tries not throw 20m cutouts. 1 man to beat, full speed, plenty of room and his job is to score. Still- it was catchable.

User avatar
Leebola
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1112
Joined: October 5, 2006, 9:03 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Leebola » May 25, 2019, 6:14 pm

Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:47 pm
Hazza wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
Rickmando wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....
This. No more McIntyre glove puppets, no more Raiders Old Boys, no more Queanbeyan nappy-changers. If this season ends up where we all think it's going then it's time to nuke the whole site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2832
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by BadnMean » May 25, 2019, 6:16 pm

hobbsy wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:05 pm
Well that was bad. Really highlighted how much we rely on individual brilliance to score tries and without BJ and Rapana out there we are lacking a fair bit of it. We really miss Bateman to provide some energy and spark when we need it too.

I thought Wighton had a solid enough game but I would have loved to see him really take charge of that game and float both sides of the field with his halves partner having such a shocker.

Hodgo out will hurt despite how people think he's been going this year. I'm not prepared to write off our top 4 chances just yet either I think this is a struggle patch for us and we will come good again especially when we get a bit closer to full strength, the other teams fighting for the 4th spot are just as likely as us to produce a shocker every now and again.
Wighton is just confident enough as a half now to say- sweet when I want it , give it to me I can do it.

I don't think he was quite prepared today to say to Sam- just get out of my way, I'll do the lot.

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4691
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Dusty » May 25, 2019, 6:17 pm

That was awful


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2019: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Oldfield (Rapana) 6. Williams 7. Sezer 8. Sutton 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Papalii 11. Tapine 12. Whitehead 13. J.Bateman ----
14. Havili 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Lui

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18026
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by -PJ- » May 25, 2019, 6:17 pm

How about when Ken Nagas was given horn duty but the horn went off before Kenny got his lips to it.

It's fake news..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

Post Reply