Cowboys 13+
No votes

Total votes: 13

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Botman »

-PJ- wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm That kick by Sam Williams into an offside teammate while on the attack WAS TACKLE 3 !!!!

He had a shocker.
He made two good plays all night
The kick which he put on the tits of the opposition winger, who dick fingered it spectacularly, and we got a try
And a tackle on a back rower juggling the ball, and gives a pen away on the next tackle, cowboys ice the game on the back of it

It was a spectacularly garbage performance
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm I may be alone on this on the GH - but I'll be very surprised if Croker gets the left centre spot for NSW ahead of Latrell Mitchell.
Lol
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Ilanraiders wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Pete Cash wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm What the **** is with our kicking early all the time as well. Like even when in attacking position
I think they trusted their defence
But there has to be some intelligence with it. Defending is hard work and we were getting smashed with possession. It just makes sense to try and keep the ball a bit to try and even up time with the ball
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Wighton should sign with a club that has half a chance of winning a premiership in the next 10 yrs while he is playing 5/8 and in rep form.
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Can someone update me on Hodgson? Only caught the last 15 minutes in radio
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

luffraider wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:13 pm Can someone update me on Hodgson? Only caught the last 15 minutes in radio
broken thumb... usually a 4 - 6 week injury.... another englishman bites the dust.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

It’s also rife in the supporter base.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

5 hitups and bomb,,,,,,,,,bring back furner
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Pete Cash wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:12 pm
Ilanraiders wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Pete Cash wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm What the **** is with our kicking early all the time as well. Like even when in attacking position
I think they trusted their defence
Yep that would be common sense, but it seems we don’t have that!!

But there has to be some intelligence with it. Defending is hard work and we were getting smashed with possession. It just makes sense to try and keep the ball a bit to try and even up time with the ball
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:10 pm I may be alone on this on the GH - but I'll be very surprised if Croker gets the left centre spot for NSW ahead of Latrell Mitchell.
Thanks, this made me laugh.
WorkChoice
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

robtheraider wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:17 pm 5 hitups and bomb,,,,,,,,,bring back furner
and anyone who wants to argue...…….**** you
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

hobbsy wrote:Well that was bad. Really highlighted how much we rely on individual brilliance to score tries and without BJ and Rapana out there we are lacking a fair bit of it. We really miss Bateman to provide some energy and spark when we need it too.

I thought Wighton had a solid enough game but I would have loved to see him really take charge of that game and float both sides of the field with his halves partner having such a shocker.

Hodgo out will hurt despite how people think he's been going this year. I'm not prepared to write off our top 4 chances just yet either I think this is a struggle patch for us and we will come good again especially when we get a bit closer to full strength, the other teams fighting for the 4th spot are just as likely as us to produce a shocker every now and again.
When it’s all said and done we will be top 8, probably 8th or 7th. We still can’t win tight games

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

LP Raider wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:19 pm
Thanks, this made me laugh.
Williams might be 7 with Reynolds!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Yeah I've been pretty cruisey this year with the team but Sam was horrible this afternoon. Sezer isn't much better but Sammy has to go he's a pedestrian out there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Rickmando wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

It’s why we are on the end of so many close losses - the players lack belief, and it’s been hammered in over many recent seasons.

Plenty of things have to change for us to ever shake this attitude that has come to identify us in the past 20 years... first thing is to stop accepting mediocrity in lots of things that we do as a club (on and off field aspects)
I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

thedevilingreen wrote:Yeah I've been pretty cruisey this year with the team but Sam was horrible this afternoon. Sezer isn't much better but Sammy has to go he's a pedestrian out there.

It’s not a one off, he has been mediocre the last 4 games really

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Leebola wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Fat lot of good that does.

I don’t trust Ricky has any idea on how to fix the rabble we are becoming.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Leebola wrote:Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.
Yeah, short and sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Prediction for next week.

Stuart will pick the exactly the same team and do his principal thing again. So the players can stick it in our face when they beat the BULLDOGS next week!

Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Raider47 wrote:
Leebola wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:21 pm Ricky was pretty dirty in the presser. With good cause.

Let’s be honest, Injuries have killed it.
Bateman was 3rd on the Dally M voting when he went down and losing Joey and Raps has totally decimated that side of the field.
Throw in Taps and now Hodgo and that’s quality footy players we have had off the field.

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Timbo wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:42 pm Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
I thought so too
Ed said it was 50/50 at best, the still he provided certainly spoke to that

When the kids are in bed I want to look at that again in full speed. Either way be it bad pass and dick fingers or just a bad pass... we aren’t a team that can afford to put those chances on the deck

Bizarre that Cotric was dominant at times in the first half and then couldn’t buy any footy from our catch and pass halfback
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

PigRickman wrote:
Timbo wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:42 pm Also, people saying the butchered early try is on Oldy - it wasn’t a great pass, but it’s one I expect a first grader to catch.
I thought so too
Ed said it was 50/50 at best, the still he provided certainly spoke to that

When the kids are in bed I want to look at that again in full speed. Either way be it bad pass and dick fingers or just a bad pass... we aren’t a team that can afford to put those chances on the deck

Bizarre that Cotric was dominant at times in the first half and then couldn’t buy any footy from our catch and pass halfback
Yeah agree. He was showing the most promise to break the line but Williams and Whitehead just never passed to him. Just stupid

Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Hazza wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm
Rickmando wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm We are not a top 4 team. Top sides don’t “celebrate” losses like we have the past few weeks. Those responses further confirmed our inferiority complex regarding where we sit compared to so-called “big” clubs.

I don't disagree with any of that. And I'm as guilty as anyone. 'Well at least we're still in the 8'. Probably cos deep down I never thought we were a top 4 team. I don't know if that's the loser mentality you speak of or just bring realistic.
It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Its ruined my night
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Just back from the game and haven't looked at the replay (and don't intend to). Flat as a pancake, no drive or enthusiasm. I feel sorry for the 14,000 odd who were treated to that performance on a long w/e. Looks like normal service has been resumed until we get back some genuine NRL grade players.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Rickmando wrote:

It’s ok to be optimistic - as fans, that’s all we’ve got! The issue with supporters is (generally) we make too many excuses for this club/this team, continually feeding the narrative that we’re the little guy, the underdog, the ones who are constantly wronged because we are the “have-nots”, jealous of the “haves”. This is an attitude that goes right up to board level, in my opinion.

Melbourne are always thrown up as a benchmark in these discussions (rightly so) - but they are a team in an almost non-existent RL market, they’re technically the closest thing to an outpost the NRL has. Have they ever in their history pissed and moaned that players don’t want to move to Melbourne? That the NRL has it in for them? No! What they’ve done is systematically be better at all aspects of on and off field operations - and the results have naturally followed, despite playing their football in a rugby league wasteland.

They’ve been proactive at how they attack winning the title each year, while also thinking about subsequent years (something the Raiders of old were) instead of pathetically reactive (like our current administration).

A culture change to one of accountability has to happen before any positive results can follow. This means having lots of tough conversations about executive, coaching, and playing personnel to weed out this mindset of mediocrity... but who in the current set up is willing to have them? No one - it’s just the good old boys who function to give jobs to other good old boys. The cycle will continue....
TL:DR

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

dubby wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:57 pm
Rickmando wrote:

TL:DR

Dubby- given your very long track record of complete drivel posting - even just 4 letters from you is too long for me to read pal
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Raider47 wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Agreed. It's such a shame, Ricky is a great Canberran and bleeds green by the bucketful - I love his guts - but he just isn't the bloke for the coaching job. Get him into a GM type role and bring in some non-Raiders-Old-Boy blood.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Danaman137 wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:03 pm
Mullos wrote:Williams catches in the 3rd min we go up 6-0 and it sets the tone. We were flat after that, McGuire owned us. They ran 50-60 m each set straight through our middle third. Totally lacked cohesion and a half owning the team...
Sam was terrible today but that was a tough pass to catch. Blame is more on oldfield for that one I reckon.

I thought Oldie should have taken him on- wingers job is to beat players 1 on 1 and finish tries not throw 20m cutouts. 1 man to beat, full speed, plenty of room and his job is to score. Still- it was catchable.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Rickmando wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:47 pm

This. No more McIntyre glove puppets, no more Raiders Old Boys, no more Queanbeyan nappy-changers. If this season ends up where we all think it's going then it's time to nuke the whole site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

hobbsy wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:05 pm Well that was bad. Really highlighted how much we rely on individual brilliance to score tries and without BJ and Rapana out there we are lacking a fair bit of it. We really miss Bateman to provide some energy and spark when we need it too.

I thought Wighton had a solid enough game but I would have loved to see him really take charge of that game and float both sides of the field with his halves partner having such a shocker.

Hodgo out will hurt despite how people think he's been going this year. I'm not prepared to write off our top 4 chances just yet either I think this is a struggle patch for us and we will come good again especially when we get a bit closer to full strength, the other teams fighting for the 4th spot are just as likely as us to produce a shocker every now and again.
Wighton is just confident enough as a half now to say- sweet when I want it , give it to me I can do it.

I don't think he was quite prepared today to say to Sam- just get out of my way, I'll do the lot.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

That was awful

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

How about when Ken Nagas was given horn duty but the horn went off before Kenny got his lips to it.

It's fake news..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: