Tackle counts

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Tackle counts

Post by magoo »

When there are multiple players in involved a tackle, do they all get credited with a tackle?
magoo
Brett Mullins

Re: Tackle counts

Post by magoo »

If anyone knows please reply, it will solve a bet. Thanks
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Yes
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Nah I don’t think that’s correct. I’m not sure exactly what the measuring stick is but I’m certain some of those ‘assisting taxkles’ aren’t counted.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It's partially correct but they have to complete the tackle, I.e when Held is called. If they are involved at the start and fall or peel off early it doesn't count. I don't know how strict they are on the latter.

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game ... finitions/

You can see it in the Run vs Tackle stats. There are usually around 150 runs per team but tackle counts are 300+.

If I had to call the bet I'd give it to you.
magoo
Brett Mullins

Post by magoo »

Thank you gents
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: May 16, 2019, 9:27 pm Nah I don’t think that’s correct. I’m not sure exactly what the measuring stick is but I’m certain some of those ‘assisting taxkles’ aren’t counted.
They are counted. Guys who come in 3rd and wrap up the legs to chop the guy down and stop the after impact metres definitely get credited a tackle.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

BadnMean wrote: May 16, 2019, 11:43 pm
julian87 wrote: May 16, 2019, 9:27 pm Nah I don’t think that’s correct. I’m not sure exactly what the measuring stick is but I’m certain some of those ‘assisting taxkles’ aren’t counted.
They are counted. Guys who come in 3rd and wrap up the legs to chop the guy down and stop the after impact metres definitely get credited a tackle.
Isn't that why they take the mickey out of Hindy and his tackle stats all the time? Matty Johns was on him for being a flopper to boost his tackle count?
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dibbers wrote: May 17, 2019, 2:44 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 16, 2019, 11:43 pm
Isn't that why they take the mickey out of Hindy and his tackle stats all the time? Matty Johns was on him for being a flopper to boost his tackle count?
It would be a very useful stat to see '1st in' tackles i.e. the player that makes first contact with the ball runner before getting assistance. Hookers would be way on top in these stats as they defend in the middle and forwards often target the smaller player when taking a hit up.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

magoo wrote: May 16, 2019, 8:27 pm When there are multiple players in involved a tackle, do they all get credited with a tackle?
Shaun Fensom racked up 70 tackles a game regularly with this method..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote:
magoo wrote: May 16, 2019, 8:27 pm When there are multiple players in involved a tackle, do they all get credited with a tackle?
Shaun Fensom racked up 70 tackles a game regularly with this method..
Yeah, he was the flopper

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
magoo
Brett Mullins

Post by magoo »

Thanks people. There is a carton of beer being delivered to my fridge as I write this.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

You owe us all one :lol: