2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Raiders 13+
1
7%
Raiders 1-12
10
71%
Draw
0
No votes
Rabbitohs 1-12
2
14%
Rabbitohs 13+
1
7%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4712
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Dusty » May 15, 2019, 3:16 pm

It’d be nice to win 2 leading into Origin.
In the games either side of Origin 1 we have...
Dogs will be without Napa

Tigers won’t have anyone backing up


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7155
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Sid » May 15, 2019, 3:21 pm

on current form Robbie Farah could be a smokey for QLD
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 15, 2019, 3:47 pm

Canberra Raiders adopting Wayne's world in national capital

Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson has played under super coach Wayne Bennett and believes his methods have been adopted in Canberra this year.

"You know what Wayne brings, he keeps you honest and keeps the game simple and it's all about turning up for your mates and that's how they are playing at the moment," Hodgson said.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/raiders-ad ... ffb534bdb3
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 15, 2019, 4:12 pm

The devil you know: Canberra Raiders' English crew brace for Bennett

A familiar face for many Canberra players, England and Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett, will be hoping to become the architect of their demise this weekend.

"You know what Wayne brings, he keeps you honest and keeps the game simple," Josh Hodgson said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/15/the ... r-bennett/

Who will challenge big three? NRL.com experts have their say: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/15/who ... their-say/
Image

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Simon Woolford
Posts: 405
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LimeGreenMachine » May 15, 2019, 4:19 pm

NRL Late Mail: All Round 10 updated squads, teams and news

Early mail: Adam Reynolds pulled up in training with an injury, while centre Kyle Turner did not train at all according to reports. John Sutton (ribs) and Thomas Burgess (foot) are both expected to play, depsite suffering injuries against the Cowboys.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 402e788559

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 15, 2019, 4:22 pm

Canberra Raiders Nick Cotric's chance to be centre of attention in NSW Blues audition

Shifting Nick Cotric to right centre will give the boom Canberra Raiders youngster a chance to put himself back on the State of Origin radar.

"They've thrown about 50 names out there for [the NSW centre spots], so why not throw his in there as well," Raiders co-captain Croker grinned. "I know Nick's excited about the chance this week.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14264
Image

Peter
Jason Croker
Posts: 4804
Joined: January 17, 2005, 3:26 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Peter » May 15, 2019, 4:48 pm

I don’t even know why it’s getting spoken about. They will name Dugan in the centres like usual.

User avatar
Crusader
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 553
Joined: April 19, 2010, 11:07 am
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Crusader » May 15, 2019, 4:55 pm

Adam Reynolds in doubt will be a huge loss, Turner also in doubt for the bunnies who have already lost Johnston at fullback, Would love a win here by the Raiders, starting strong in the early stages of the game is vital to winning this game, Rabbits can blow us off the park if they get going, both teams fielding disrupted backlines, I do believe Raiders have the edge in that deparment, its the fowards that will go into serious battle.

The Benji Effect:

Cody Walker, he is a good player in general but Raiders Really need to shut him down more then Cook, Walker scores the ugliest trys, almost zombielike

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

History to be made in Canberra's Battle of Britain

South Sydney’s Tom Burgess is looking forward to helping create history when he and his brothers George and Sam line up against Canberra's English trio of Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead and Ryan Sutton at Canberra Stadium. The match will be the first time six English players have featured in an NRL match.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/15/his ... f-britain/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 15, 2019, 6:00 pm

Canberra Raiders debutant Sebastian Kris ready for Rabbit hunt

Sebastian Kris is the latest in a long list of Canberra Raiders rookies this year and captain Josh Hodgson has backed the young gun with a "big, goofy smile" to shine in his NRL debut this week.

"He'll do a really good job for us, he's a great young kid," Hodgson said. "It's really nice to see, to be honest. He's been with us for a few years now and has been coming along really well.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders players talk up Rabbitohs clash

Hear from some of the players this week as they preview Saturday night's clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... ohs-clash/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Rabbitohs: Troy Thompson to be this week’s Viking Ambassador: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... rabbitohs/
Image

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23610
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Northern Raider » May 15, 2019, 6:08 pm

Peter wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:48 pm
I don’t even know why it’s getting spoken about. They will name Dugan in the centres like usual.
Hope so
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7600
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by RedRaider » May 15, 2019, 6:59 pm

Peter wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:48 pm
I don’t even know why it’s getting spoken about. They will name Dugan in the centres like usual.
Dugan wasn't there last year.
Brad Fittler doesn't mind rolling the dice on new players. That's why Dugan and Ferguson weren't there last year. I think he will go with mostly players from last year. The exception is Keary, who is a must imo.

User avatar
yurithe1
David Furner
Posts: 3210
Joined: March 16, 2008, 10:27 am
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by yurithe1 » May 15, 2019, 11:08 pm

RedRaider wrote:
May 15, 2019, 6:59 pm
Peter wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:48 pm
I don’t even know why it’s getting spoken about. They will name Dugan in the centres like usual.
Dugan wasn't there last year.
Brad Fittler doesn't mind rolling the dice on new players. That's why Dugan and Ferguson weren't there last year. I think he will go with mostly players from last year. The exception is Keary, who is a must imo.
Wighton will be named on the bench for his utility value. Cotric might get named on an extended bench.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).

User avatar
Raiders_Pat
David Grant
Posts: 769
Joined: July 24, 2016, 8:11 am
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Raiders_Pat » May 16, 2019, 3:16 am

The Rickman wrote:
May 15, 2019, 10:11 am

Nobody was concerned about him being named on the bench as a utility though. My concern was that he was simply there as cover for the outside backs, I've only learned SINCE the game the role Stuart intended him to play (which I would've actually loved to see)... you're rewriting history a bit here, Pat.

It seems Kris has been named for the same thing... only he'll replace a forward and Simonsson will move into the ruck. I'm all for that idea.
Lol dude my comment was just agreeing off the back of reading Julian's comment re: people having a whine. I can't speak for others who were with me last week on this one but I was pretty confident that he wasn't going to be named purely for outside back cover... I basically said the exact same thing last week re: benefits of having an outside back utility. It was only guys like you who were tripping on some weird **** about him only being named for injury cover.

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2981
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by BadnMean » May 16, 2019, 5:42 am

I'm not sure bringing Kris onto a wing so Simonssen can float is such a great idea. It's a lot of change to an already disrupted edge.

If it happens, Ricky must see a pure weapon in Simonnsen,

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7600
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by RedRaider » May 16, 2019, 6:59 am

Seb Kris is strong defender. I don't know he is there as a wing replacement. More cover for a centre or at a stretch back row.

Timbo
David Furner
Posts: 3167
Joined: January 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Here

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Timbo » May 16, 2019, 9:01 am

BadnMean wrote:
May 16, 2019, 5:42 am
I'm not sure bringing Kris onto a wing so Simonssen can float is such a great idea. It's a lot of change to an already disrupted edge.

If it happens, Ricky must see a pure weapon in Simonnsen,
It's probably the Rugby 7s background. He's used to running the ball in broken play and just trying to exploit any holes that appear.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19182
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by edwahu » May 16, 2019, 9:25 am

Reuben Rennie has been a lot better than Kris in Mounties, it will be interesting to see if he gets a Raiders contract at some point this year. I think we have development slots open and they can play post June 30 now.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23610
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Northern Raider » May 16, 2019, 10:25 am

Timbo wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:01 am
BadnMean wrote:
May 16, 2019, 5:42 am
I'm not sure bringing Kris onto a wing so Simonssen can float is such a great idea. It's a lot of change to an already disrupted edge.

If it happens, Ricky must see a pure weapon in Simonnsen,
It's probably the Rugby 7s background. He's used to running the ball in broken play and just trying to exploit any holes that appear.
I really like his work ethic vs Panthers. Wasn't afraid to get dirty and did plenty of tough hit ups, which isn't necessarily his strong suit.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

Peter
Jason Croker
Posts: 4804
Joined: January 17, 2005, 3:26 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Peter » May 16, 2019, 11:49 am

Northern Raider wrote:
May 16, 2019, 10:25 am
Timbo wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:01 am
BadnMean wrote:
May 16, 2019, 5:42 am
I'm not sure bringing Kris onto a wing so Simonssen can float is such a great idea. It's a lot of change to an already disrupted edge.

If it happens, Ricky must see a pure weapon in Simonnsen,
It's probably the Rugby 7s background. He's used to running the ball in broken play and just trying to exploit any holes that appear.
I really like his work ethic vs Panthers. Wasn't afraid to get dirty and did plenty of tough hit ups, which isn't necessarily his strong suit.
It’s hardly unusual to have a winger in the middle of the field these days. We’ve had roaming wingers in Rapana and Cotric for 3 years now. All that it means is one side will all have to defend one in to accomodate Simonsson.

All we need from having that extra outside back is the 15 metre dummy half runs when the Souths pack are tiring to put them on the back foot. I think it’s a great plan.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44523
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman » May 16, 2019, 12:01 pm

Peter wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:49 am
Northern Raider wrote:
May 16, 2019, 10:25 am
Timbo wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:01 am
BadnMean wrote:
May 16, 2019, 5:42 am
I'm not sure bringing Kris onto a wing so Simonssen can float is such a great idea. It's a lot of change to an already disrupted edge.

If it happens, Ricky must see a pure weapon in Simonnsen,
It's probably the Rugby 7s background. He's used to running the ball in broken play and just trying to exploit any holes that appear.
I really like his work ethic vs Panthers. Wasn't afraid to get dirty and did plenty of tough hit ups, which isn't necessarily his strong suit.
It’s hardly unusual to have a winger in the middle of the field these days. We’ve had roaming wingers in Rapana and Cotric for 3 years now. All that it means is one side will all have to defend one in to accomodate Simonsson.

All we need from having that extra outside back is the 15 metre dummy half runs when the Souths pack are tiring to put them on the back foot. I think it’s a great plan.
There's a big difference between having a roaming winger in the middle in place of a forward while still maintaining one on each edge compared to having one of the two "regular" wingers showing up in-field, in my opinion. When this shift occurs, Simonsson will be playing largely up the guts looking for weaknesses to exploit while Kris (presumably) and Oldbeard will still be playing as the two actual wingers outside Croker and Cotric.

This could turn out to be a brilliant strategy. I'm really looking forward to it. Shame it didn't eventuate against the Roosters, he really could've torn them a new one coming on fresh against a VERY tired pack.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 16, 2019, 5:36 pm

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33380

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... rabbitohs/

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/14/rai ... 0-preview/

Canberra Raiders host South Sydney Rabbitohs at GIO Stadium on Saturday night. Sam Squiers and Jamie Soward preview the game: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/16/rai ... -round-10/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 16, 2019, 6:30 pm

How Wayne Bennett shaped the Canberra Raiders dynasty

Wayne Bennett was brought to the Canberra Raiders in 1987, and even though he stayed for just one season, he left a lasting impression on the club. Bennett returns to Canberra this weekend as coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

"We took a great deal of benefit out of Wayne Bennett. When I originally had spoken to him before he came down, I said 'I want to talk to you about coaching a football team for the rest of your life'," John McIntyre said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 16, 2019, 7:43 pm

Hear from Canberra Raiders co-captains Josh Hodgson and Jarrod Croker on the clash with the South Sydney Rabbihohs

Canberra Raiders co-captains Jarrod Croker and Josh Hodgson are confident their new look backline will step up against the South Sydney Rabbitohs this weekend. Injuries have forced a major reshuffle - with new combinations set to team up on both sides of the field, WIN News Canberra reports.

Video: http://ow.ly/LHKn50ueiPe
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 17, 2019, 5:24 pm

Canberra Raiders Josh Hodgson and South Sydney Rabbitohs Damien Cook set for hooking battle

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart says the battle at hooker will have a massive bearing on the Raiders' clash with the South Sydney Rabbitohs on Saturday night.

"It'll be a great battle, both very good hookers. For us, Josh has been in wonderful form. He has really been a big part of how we're going this year, [through] Josh's control of the game."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Coach's Comment: Stuart talks up battle of the number nines: Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart has declared that the battle between Josh Hodgson and Damien Cook will go a long way into deciding the outcome of tomorrow's clash: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... the-no.9s/

Gallery: Round 10 Captains' run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... tains-run/

A message for the Canberra Raiders: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... a-raiders/

Flashback Friday: Belcher V Rabbitohs, 1989 Preliminary Final: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... ary-final/

Round 1-10 season highlights: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... ighlights/
Image

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7126
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by zim » May 17, 2019, 5:26 pm

We really need to come out swinging or Cook is going to embarrass us.

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2981
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by BadnMean » May 17, 2019, 5:45 pm

zim wrote:
May 17, 2019, 5:26 pm
We really need to come out swinging or Cook is going to embarrass us.
Their game plan should be identical to Chooks- bully us up the middle early doors when they are fresh and we are small which will open up the ruck for Cook and their speed men to split us open and blow out a lead.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 17, 2019, 6:19 pm

'Disgruntled' Canberra Raiders out to prove a point

Canberra have a chip on their shoulder and veteran NRL coach Ricky Stuart wants to keep it that way.

"I sensed a real disgruntledness when they came back from the pre-season break. There was a real disgruntledness about not making the eight," Stuart said. "When they arrived back to work this year I just sensed another jump in maturity and it really helps.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/disgruntle ... 45428bf35f
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 17, 2019, 6:31 pm

Michael Oldfield the 'perfect man' for Canberra Raiders' injury crisis

No Jordan Rapana, Joey Leilua or John Bateman. Who you gonna call? Michael Oldfield.

"To people that don't know Oldie I guess it might have been a surprise that he was in the leadership group because he's not there starting every week," Josh Hodgson said. "He's been a bit of a journeyman, so it's nice to see him find a home and he's a person who lives and breathes professionalism.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Image

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26230
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Botman » May 17, 2019, 10:16 pm

Fundamentally disagree with an outside back on the bench
It’s somewhat mitigated given we know Stuart plans to use Simmonson as a roving middle, and we’ll see about that

But I’m excited to see what Kris has to offer in FG. I’m bullish on his potential. Very talented footballer
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128211
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 17, 2019, 10:25 pm

On his best day, he's brilliant, but he's very inconsistent, even in lower grades. I hope he grabs this opportunity, because his potential is huge.
Image

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4712
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Dusty » May 18, 2019, 7:43 am

Could Cotric be shifted into the middle in a supporting/ roaming role with Kris slotting in at right centre?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44523
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman » May 18, 2019, 7:52 am

Dusty wrote:Could Cotric be shifted into the middle in a supporting/ roaming role with Kris slotting in at right centre?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
No, it’s going to be Simonsson I think

Stuart has a definite plan for him as a former rugby 7s international. I’m actually excited for it, it’s a real shame we didn’t see it last week


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7418
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gergreg » May 18, 2019, 8:16 am

The Rickman wrote:
Dusty wrote:Could Cotric be shifted into the middle in a supporting/ roaming role with Kris slotting in at right centre?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
No, it’s going to be Simonsson I think

Stuart has a definite plan for him as a former rugby 7s international. I’m actually excited for it, it’s a real shame we didn’t see it last week


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been really busy this past week and haven't had a chance to read the press releases, has this 'role suggestion' come out or just GH speculation? Initially I thought Sticky would just use this week to give Kris a 15 - 20 run to give him a taste of the NRL? Like he has with the other debutants this year.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk


Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Raiders_Pat
David Grant
Posts: 769
Joined: July 24, 2016, 8:11 am
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Raiders_Pat » May 18, 2019, 10:05 am

gergreg wrote:
May 18, 2019, 8:16 am
The Rickman wrote:
Dusty wrote:Could Cotric be shifted into the middle in a supporting/ roaming role with Kris slotting in at right centre?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
No, it’s going to be Simonsson I think

Stuart has a definite plan for him as a former rugby 7s international. I’m actually excited for it, it’s a real shame we didn’t see it last week


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been really busy this past week and haven't had a chance to read the press releases, has this 'role suggestion' come out or just GH speculation? Initially I thought Sticky would just use this week to give Kris a 15 - 20 run to give him a taste of the NRL? Like he has with the other debutants this year.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
It was following on from what Sticky said in the press conference. But I'd speculate that 15-20min run for Kris you speak of is when Simonsson would play the roaming role... it will be interesting to see how he will play the first 60min though if that's the case, seeing as he won't be coming off the bench. Surely he'd have to conserve some energy for it to be effective, maybe he won't be hitting the ball up as much as the other backs early in sets.

Post Reply