Raiders player signing speculation 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by julian87 »

simo wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:32 am Id like anyone who **** the idea of signing Chad Townsend to put their hand up and apologise. Hes been outstanding for the sharks yet again and would have been the perfect right side option to compliment jack
He was instrumental in their close victory against a bottom of the table injury ravaged titans team wasn’t he.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

julian87 wrote: May 10, 2019, 1:38 pm
simo wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:32 am Id like anyone who **** the idea of signing Chad Townsend to put their hand up and apologise. Hes been outstanding for the sharks yet again and would have been the perfect right side option to compliment jack
He was instrumental in their close victory against a bottom of the table injury ravaged titans team wasn’t he.
Has he been out injured all their other games? Games hes steered a yound injury ravaged team around the park to some tough wins?
Dont delete this GE
Dogman7
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: John bateman

Post by Dogman7 »

2 year ago there were rumours jack walker Leeds rhinos was one of the raiders potential signing, he came through there academy, he is only a kid but is definitely 1 to watch out for in future, klokstad is ripping it up, I been very impressed with him, another great signing by raiders
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

simo wrote:Id like anyone who **** the idea of signing Chad Townsend to put their hand up and apologise. Hes been outstanding for the sharks yet again and would have been the perfect right side option to compliment jack
Probably the same people who wanted to see BJ released but are crying now he is out for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Brew wrote: May 10, 2019, 5:13 pm
simo wrote:Id like anyone who **** the idea of signing Chad Townsend to put their hand up and apologise. Hes been outstanding for the sharks yet again and would have been the perfect right side option to compliment jack
Probably the same people who wanted to see BJ released but are crying now he is out for the season.

Haha the people that want BJ released are the same sort of people who think Hingano is the worst player ever, that Whitehead is having an ordinary season and that Croker can't kick goals.

Nobody who knows anything about rugby league wanted him gone.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

The Rickman wrote: May 10, 2019, 5:15 pm
Brew wrote: May 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

Haha the people that want BJ released are the same sort of people who think Hingano is the worst player ever, that Whitehead is having an ordinary season and that Croker can't kick goals.

Nobody who knows anything about rugby league wanted him gone.
Mate I think the word you’re looking for is Coward
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Looks like the Eels are making a bid for DWZ as a right center before June 30. Penrith may be looking at a clean out.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

simo wrote: May 10, 2019, 1:41 pm
julian87 wrote: May 10, 2019, 1:38 pm
Has he been out injured all their other games? Games hes steered a yound injury ravaged team around the park to some tough wins?
I was all on board with The Chad. We could have given ourselves names, ChadnMean works great.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

edwahu wrote: May 11, 2019, 1:37 pm Looks like the Eels are making a bid for DWZ as a right center before June 30. Penrith may be looking at a clean out.
That’s an odd one. He looks very ordinary as a centre for mine. It hems him in and takes away his only real strength as a player; broken field running.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

julian87 wrote: May 12, 2019, 11:46 am
edwahu wrote: May 11, 2019, 1:37 pm Looks like the Eels are making a bid for DWZ as a right center before June 30. Penrith may be looking at a clean out.
That’s an odd one. He looks very ordinary as a centre for mine. It hems him in and takes away his only real strength as a player; broken field running.
Agree it's odd since he hasn't played there. Maybe they are pretending it's for center so they don't let the cat out of the bag that Gutherson is gone.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

If Rapana is out for a length of time and with Joey already gone, any chance we might look at an outside back for depth before June 30? If Bailey or Oldfield go down who else is left?

In Ricky We Trust
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Seb Kris is the last back left in the first grade squad in that scenario but I don't think he is ready. After June 30 we would be able to play development players or we could upgrade Rennie or Santini from Mounties.

I think we may go to the market if there is a player worth a 2 year deal out there.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

There's a photo doing the rounds on some raiders Facebook group of Hodgo talking to Trent Robinson and apparently they were talking terms

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

VictorTheViking wrote:There's a photo doing the rounds on some raiders Facebook group of Hodgo talking to Trent Robinson and apparently they were talking terms

Hodgo is here till end 2020 it’s not even a discussion. Raiders wouldn’t let him go and if they were talking it’s tampering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

VictorTheViking wrote:There's a photo doing the rounds on some raiders Facebook group of Hodgo talking to Trent Robinson and apparently they were talking terms

Was Croker there to translate?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I don't know about you, buy I always make sure I do my contract tampering at a stadium full of people with phones.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

I saw the photo, but talking terms lol how would they know.
Pretty sure Robbo coached in the ESL and was trying to buy Hodgo as a back up Hooker before he joined us.

In Ricky We Trust
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

edwahu wrote: May 12, 2019, 9:14 pm Seb Kris is the last back left in the first grade squad in that scenario but I don't think he is ready. After June 30 we would be able to play development players or we could upgrade Rennie or Santini from Mounties.

I think we may go to the market if there is a player worth a 2 year deal out there.
Could be a touch reactionary imo. It’s short term goal signings like that that can hurt your cap balance for mine. I think Oldfield and Simonsson are really great 1 and 2 back ups and if were forced to play Kris for a week or 2 through injury so be it. He’s probably on par with a few outside backs in the game already

I don’t know what room we have for #30 but Satini is consistently one of the better backs in NSW cup and could probably fill a hole on minimum wage for half a season imo.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

We should be going after james roberts because thats what this fansite deserves
Dont delete this GE
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Danaman137 wrote: May 12, 2019, 11:08 pm

Hodgo is here till end 2020 it’s not even a discussion. Raiders wouldn’t let him go and if they were talking it’s tampering

Hodgo is here for longer than that. He signed a 4-5 year deal at the end of the 2017 off season. He is here until at least 2022....
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Quality source that one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Just repeating what I saw, sorry I'm not intune woth club sources like the rest of you lot....

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

SeeBee101 wrote:
Danaman137 wrote: May 12, 2019, 11:08 pm

Hodgo is here for longer than that. He signed a 4-5 year deal at the end of the 2017 off season. He is here until at least 2022....
I meant 2022, must have been a typo.

nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Hodgo was on the same flight back to Sydney as were the roosters whole team and staff, he was in front of me, had a chat to fitzgibbons on the way to the plane and robbed while waiting for his bag, nothing in it, just roosters being polite to a raider that got shafted onto a plane by himself, he was a cool dude and talked to me when I saw o had a raiders shirt on.

This is nothing but an idiot taking a pic and making up a story
raider 4 life
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

nemesis wrote: May 13, 2019, 3:25 pm Hodgo was on the same flight back to Sydney as were the roosters whole team and staff, he was in front of me, had a chat to fitzgibbons on the way to the plane and robbed while waiting for his bag, nothing in it, just roosters being polite to a raider that got shafted onto a plane by himself, he was a cool dude and talked to me when I saw o had a raiders shirt on.

TBF, if you had seen the pic and post on FB, it was definitely tongue in cheek.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Is this another one of those co-captain things where they booked the captain seats and only Croker was allowed to use them?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

nemesis wrote: May 13, 2019, 3:25 pm Hodgo was on the same flight back to Sydney as were the roosters whole team and staff, he was in front of me, had a chat to fitzgibbons on the way to the plane and robbed while waiting for his bag, nothing in it, just roosters being polite to a raider that got shafted onto a plane by himself, he was a cool dude and talked to me when I saw o had a raiders shirt on.

Holy ****, he got robbed while waiting for his bag?? Why didn't you help him out?
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

Dogman7 wrote: May 10, 2019, 5:07 pm 2 year ago there were rumours jack walker Leeds rhinos was one of the raiders potential signing, he came through there academy, he is only a kid but is definitely 1 to watch out for in future, klokstad is ripping it up, I been very impressed with him, another great signing by raiders
Not sure he was actually linked, but I had suggested him as one to watch. He certainly still is and hasn't looked bad in a very weak Leeds team.
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

I would love this to happen before June 30 and the stars are aligning, sezer wants to move to Sydney to be close to his family he should move to a town called Penrith,Maloney in the news to possibly be out the door to England before his contract finishes he should move to a town called wigan, George Williams can move to a town called Canberra!!!!! FYI I made a lot of this up but sounds good :D :D :D
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Maloney could be off to the super league. Him heading to Wigan might make this happen sooner.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Some talk in the UK forums that Williams broke his wrist last game.

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php ... nt-4096493
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by RTW »

MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

Not that it's specifically relevant to the Raiders, but Hull FC signed second-rower Josh Jones from Salford, today.

He's a pretty decent player and was much in demand. He would be in the same bracket as Sutton (although probably a bit better).

It's been reported that he chose Hull because theirs was the biggest offer. Apparently, he'll be getting paid AU$220,000 per year.

At that kind of value, I think we'll be seeing a lot more English players heading to the NRL.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Thoughts on Daniel Alvaro? Reports going around that he's being shopped around to English clubs

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He is ok but doesn't really fit what we need or how we are playing. If we sign a forward it needs to be a very good one.