Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

I don’t mind losing but losing fair
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Goldcoast Raider wrote:I was at the game, but they were running towards me, was it a forward pass? They didn’t replay it at the ground
Only by about 3 metres

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

Sutton the ref was absolutely disgusting and I’m surprised Ricky didn’t run on a deck him with some of the calls that went against us were rubbish
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Good point on the effort after errors. We didn’t used to do that in previous seasons.

A few guys really hooked in on defence after they made errors and Lui had a bad drop, but got a one on one steal at his next opportunity.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Jordan Rapana injured as Canberra Raiders fall to Sydney Roosters

The esteemed Brisbane venue's injury ward is overflowing and it may have claimed a major casualty in Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana. Recovery time for a PCL injury not requiring surgery is often about six to eight weeks, however a reconstruction would signal the end of Rapana's season.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 30 (Latrell Mitchell 2, Matt Ikuvalu, Cooper Cronk, James Tedesco tries; Latrell Mitchell 4, Siosiua Taukeiaho goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 24 (Jarrod Croker Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Jack Wighton, Michael Oldfield tries; Jarrod Croker 4 goals) at Suncorp Stadium.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Could Latrell Mitchell and Jarrod Croker link up for NSW Blues? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Match Report: Mitchell scare as Roosters hold off Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/12/mit ... in-injury/

Stuart sure Canberra can cover Rapana if prognosis is negative: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/12/stu ... -negative/

Match Highlights: Roosters v Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/12/mat ... v-raiders/

Press Conference: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... onference/

Video: Raiders Josh Hodgson hopeful Rapana’s injury isn’t an ACL: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/12/rai ... nt-an-acl/
Last edited by The Greenhouse on May 12, 2019, 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Be interesting to see who tosses the coin next week given Sutton’s advice he will only talk to one Captain. Ricky will need to make a call who he wants as on field skipper....
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

34,564 was the total crowd today.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Another injury. ****. :(
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

julian87 wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:20 pm I’d consider dropping Lui if we have the troops honestly.

Also gee Simonsson hasn’t done a thing wrong yet. I’m a bit excited by him tbh because he obviously has the flare when he gets the opportunity
Agree on Simonsson. I would have loved to have seen Charnze boot the ball down field off the quick tap and let Simonsson chase it down near the end of the gave. Doubt anyone would have come close to catching him.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: And I remember commenting at the time how ridiculous it was that no pen came
The reason? That tackle and these ones are almost always called

Beej was the exception, not the rule
Fascinating how often the Raiders are the exception not the rule...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

134,677 is the official crowd in total for Magic Round.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 12, 2019, 5:44 pm
PigRickman wrote: And I remember commenting at the time how ridiculous it was that no pen came
The reason? That tackle and these ones are almost always called

Beej was the exception, not the rule
Fascinating how often the Raiders are the exception not the rule...
Lol no more than any other team, gangers
That’s kind the whole reason why I laugh at you
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Laugh at me all you want piggles. We’ve been over how good your “independent” calls are before.

It’s very clear that the 50/50s, particularly the game deciding ones, go against certain teams more often than others. Easy to see how it happens when against certain teams they are crucified for their errors.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Tough game. Very proud of the grit in the 2019 Raiders. We needed 50% possession and only had 41% in the first half. That's when the damage was done. The fight back was great to see and showed the guts and pride in the jersey that's in this side.

As expected, JB was a real loss to our attacking options on the right.

Onto South's next week. We are now a tough to beat side if given an even share of possession. I was proud of the squads effort in this match.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 12, 2019, 6:16 pm Laugh at me all you want piggles. We’ve been over how good your “independent” calls are before.

It’s very clear that the 50/50s, particularly the game deciding ones, go against certain teams more often than others. Easy to see how it happens when against certain teams they are crucified for their errors.
It’s clear to you, operating under amongst other things, confirmation bias

It’s not clear to anyone else outside this fan base. Which tells the story.

Also if it’s so clear I’m sure you’ll be able to provide some sort of reference that teams are being unfairly officiated
It’s clear after all so surely this data is accessible
Last edited by Botman on May 12, 2019, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I can’t see the point of having 2 captains if the ref will only talk to the one who attends the coin toss as Sutton indicated. I really think this will force Ricky’s hand to make a call on who he really wants as captain.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: May 12, 2019, 6:36 pm Tough game. Very proud of the grit in the 2019 Raiders. We needed 50% possession and only had 41% in the first half. That's when the damage was done. The fight back was great to see and showed the guts and pride in the jersey that's in this side.

As expected, JB was a real loss to our attacking options on the right.

Onto South's next week. We are now a tough to beat side if given an even share of possession. I was proud of the squads effort in this match.
Good call Red - agree with you. I’d hoped for a little more from Horsburgh today. He was solid and no mistakes but at times he looked a touch off the pace.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Billy Walker wrote:I can’t see the point of having 2 captains if the ref will only talk to the one who attends the coin toss as Sutton indicated. I really think this will force Ricky’s hand to make a call on who he really wants as captain.
I think that the point to take from this is that Sutton is a ****
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pete Cash wrote:It was a bad decision by Cotric but i am not going to be slitting my wrists over it.

I think realistically we just didn't defend good enough. That is where the questions should be asked. We leaked tons of soft tries.

Still we are miles off the top teams imo
Agreed. After starting the season so well we have dropped our bundle in defence since the Broncos game.

Sutton is just the worst ref. We weren't good enough today but Sutton isn't a first grade referee. He clearly has a tip sheet on the Raiders but then watching other sides/players get away with offences week after week. Sam Burgess should be penalised 10 times a game for slowing down the ruck.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 12, 2019, 6:42 pm
Billy Walker wrote:I can’t see the point of having 2 captains if the ref will only talk to the one who attends the coin toss as Sutton indicated. I really think this will force Ricky’s hand to make a call on who he really wants as captain.
Surely it needs to be clarified though. If Sutton is wrong we deserve an apology and just keep running with co-capacity but if he is right Ricky needs to make a call one way or the other. We aren’t the only club with co-captains. Needs clarification
Pilz
David Grant
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Pilz »

-GD- wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:34 pm
Rick wrote:NRL have scheduled Scumcorp home game for the Broncos next week ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
To be fair, Broncos were the away team this week :lol:
......and they get a full week turnaround vs the Roosters five days. Normal service has been resumed.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d like to see Cotric have a couple of games at centre to see what he can do there but as winger this year I don’t think he’s offered anything we wouldn’t get from Oldfield or Simmonsen
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Cotric came up with a couple of great tackles in the last 20 and is still a solid winger, but I'd agree that it's time for him to take on the challenge of center.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:
Surely it needs to be clarified though. If Sutton is wrong we deserve an apology and just keep running with co-capacity but if he is right Ricky needs to make a call one way or the other. We aren’t the only club with co-captains. Needs clarification
Sutton is right, that’s the way that’s always been. If there are co-captains they need to nominate who is the dominant one when two are on the field.

Otherwise you just name all 17 captains and get in his ear all game Image

You don’t need to get rid of co-captains because of this. Hodgson wasn’t named co-captain just so guys like Sutton could tell two Raiders to go away every week.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

edwahu wrote: May 12, 2019, 6:58 pm Cotric came up with a couple of great tackles in the last 20 and is still a solid winger, but I'd agree that it's time for him to take on the challenge of center.
That tackle was a cracker and he had a good carry in the next set that ended in the CKN try but beyond that I really didn’t notice him much at all. No doubt someone will pull a stat to show he had a blinder but I’m not seeing it. If we signed Tedesco tomorrow I’d have CKN on the wing ahead of Cotric
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

I want to give a shout out to the Horse and Young. My stats say 10 runs for 145 metres by the Horse, awesome stuff. No errors and (I think) no penalties. Young played 80 from what I saw. Good on the young lads
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:00 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Sutton is right, that’s the way that’s always been. If there are co-captains they need to nominate who is the dominant one when two are on the field.

You don’t need to get rid of co-captains because of this. Hodgson wasn’t named co-captain just so guys like Sutton could tell two Raiders to go away every week.
So I can’t see too many scenarios where both Hodgo and Croker aren’t on the field at the same time - surely one has to be declared the real captain. What is the point of co-captains?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:03 pm I want to give a shout out to the Horse and Young. My stats say 10 runs for 145 metres by the Horse, awesome stuff. No errors and (I think) no penalties. Young played 80 from what I saw. Good on the young lads
Yeah that’s solid. I thought the Horse looked a bit off the pace late in the game but no doubt because he’s put in his biggest effort to date
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

No way he made 145 meters that game. He played ok but that will get corrected in the review.
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

edwahu wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:07 pm No way he made 145 meters that game. He played ok but that will get corrected in the review.
Yeah I was surprised to see the stats too based on the ‘eye test’ but with a few of our middles out and what seemed like more minutes, I see him developing.

I love CNK and agree with what’s being said about Bailey, just wanted to give some kudos to two young lads with less than 10 games against the benchmark (ps this paragraph isn’t meant to be narky if it comes across like that)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:12 pm
edwahu wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:07 pm No way he made 145 meters that game. He played ok but that will get corrected in the review.
Yeah I was surprised to see the stats too based on the ‘eye test’ but with a few of our middles out and what seemed like more minutes, I see him developing.

I love CNK and agree with what’s being said about Bailey, just wanted to give some kudos to two young lads with less than 10 games against the benchmark (ps this paragraph isn’t meant to be narky if it comes across like that)
They stood tall - Sutton was off his game today and Whitehead was quieter than he has been recently
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Aren't these the 'official' stats? (bizarre given they are not the NRL website or app stats). They indicate 101m, which seems about right

https://mc.championdata.com/nrl/?fbclid ... oFmAoY46zg
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Billy Walker wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 12, 2019, 7:00 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

So I can’t see too many scenarios where both Hodgo and Croker aren’t on the field at the same time - surely one has to be declared the real captain. What is the point of co-captains?
I think that Hodgo was speaking, and Croker was translating
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The referees didn’t lose us this game. We lost it ourselves in the first 25 minutes of the game

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: May 12, 2019, 8:05 pm The referees didn’t lose us this game. We lost it ourselves in the first 25 minutes of the game

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Yep - first 5 after halftime not overly helpful either