Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:08 am
Northern Raider wrote: May 7, 2019, 10:51 am
The Rickman wrote: May 6, 2019, 8:54 pm My theory of Gendry and Arya sitting the throne at the end just took a massive upturn now that Gendry has been legitamised too, just quietly

Should something happen to Dany and Jon, then he is legit the next in line to the throne, with both Targ and Baratheon blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gendry has Targaryen blood? :shock:
Yeah, Robert Baratheon's grandfather or someone married a Targaryen. It's why the Baratheons have a claim to the throne in the first place!
So it's still a single bloodline.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

The Baratheons have Targaryen blood, but their claim is only strong if there's no full-blood Targs left ie Jon and Dany die.

If Jon and Dany were to die or **** off to the Summer Isles together, Gendry is now legitimately the next in line.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:40 am The Baratheons have Targaryen blood, but their claim is only strong if there's no full-blood Targs left ie Jon and Dany die.

If Jon and Dany were to die or **** off to the Summer Isles together, Gendry is now legitimately the next in line.
That makes sense. You originally threw me by saying he had Baratheon AND Targaryen blood which implied there was Targaryen on the mother's side.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 10:31 pm
The Rickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:22 am And I just don't see how Cersei remotely puts up a fight against two dragons for more than about ten minutes.
When Qyburn rolls out 100 of those **** giant crossbows, you'll see what's up..
Word
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I’m going to need a new prediction, since Sam has been written off. I’m gonna say Sansa is Littlefingering the hell out of this season, and playing the game as if everything is happening.
* She told Cersei about Dany heading to Dragonstone, allowing Euron to prep the attack
* She’s sending Arya to kill Cersei
* She knew Tyrion would tell Varys Jon’s secret, and begin conspiring to oust Dany.
So best case for Sansa would be Cersei and Dany dead, Jon on the throne, and she’s the wardeness of the north.

I think Cersei will be killed by either Jamie, or Arya in Jamie’s face. I don’t know if the show will allow her to kill the 2 biggest bads on the show though..

Meanwhile, what would Ned be thinking? He carried Jon’s secret for years, and in the space of a few days, the whole world knows
Quoting myself, I’m now on the Tyrian train. Sansa’s game is going to result in Dany realising Westeros is too hard, and head back to Meereen with Dario.
Jon will be set up to be the King, he’ll turn it down because it’s not his go. He’ll suggest Tyrian because he’s the smartest man alive. Jon will then head north and live with the free folk.
Tyrian meanwhile will split the 7 kingdoms, and allow them to do their own thing, installing himself as Prime Minister overseeing the whole thing.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jon must be King.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I’m going to need a new prediction, since Sam has been written off. I’m gonna say Sansa is Littlefingering the hell out of this season, and playing the game as if everything is happening.
* She told Cersei about Dany heading to Dragonstone, allowing Euron to prep the attack
* She’s sending Arya to kill Cersei
* She knew Tyrion would tell Varys Jon’s secret, and begin conspiring to oust Dany.
So best case for Sansa would be Cersei and Dany dead, Jon on the throne, and she’s the wardeness of the north.

I think Cersei will be killed by either Jamie, or Arya in Jamie’s face. I don’t know if the show will allow her to kill the 2 biggest bads on the show though..

Meanwhile, what would Ned be thinking? He carried Jon’s secret for years, and in the space of a few days, the whole world knows
Quoting myself, I’m now on the Tyrian train. Sansa’s game is going to result in Dany realising Westeros is too hard, and head back to Meereen with Dario.
Jon will be set up to be the King, he’ll turn it down because it’s not his go. He’ll suggest Tyrian because he’s the smartest man alive. Jon will then head north and live with the free folk.
Tyrian meanwhile will split the 7 kingdoms, and allow them to do their own thing, installing himself as Prime Minister overseeing the whole thing.
I think you’re close, but I don’t think Dany leaves. I think she is killed, perhaps by Arya. Then Jon goes to sook about it beyond the wall. In the first episode Arya said something to Jon about remembering they were family. She has to screw him over in some way in the last two episodes.

I think Tyrion marries Sansa uniting Lannister and Stark. North and South.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I fully believe in the mad queen theory, Dany is dying and it's going to be at the hand of one her closest, Tyrion might be the one to do it. Maybe Jon, and then as Fui says, he slinks back to the North to sook.

Though i favour Tyrion because im starting to come around to the Sansa-Tyrion marriage and Tyrion showing the lengths he's willing to go to save the common folk will show Sansa his loyalties, much like Varys are to the common folk, not the power. So maybe that does work out

I dont think there is any chance either Clegane survive, they probably kill each other, Jamie, Cersei, Dany, Wormsy, Briene, Euron and Ayra all die... i think Tyrion and Jon live
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 1:03 pm I fully believe in the mad queen theory, Dany is dying and it's going to be at the hand of one her closest, Tyrion might be the one to do it. Maybe Jon, and then as Fui says, he slinks back to the North to sook.

Though i favour Tyrion because im starting to come around to the Sansa-Tyrion marriage and Tyrion showing the lengths he's willing to go to save the common folk will show Sansa his loyalties, much like Varys are to the common folk, not the power. So maybe that does work out

I dont think there is any chance either Clegane survive, they probably kill each other, Jamie, Cersei, Dany, Wormsy, Briene, Euron and Ayra all die... i think Tyrion and Jon live
How does Brienne die? Things are pretty quiet up north now.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Northern Raider wrote:
PigRickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 1:03 pm I fully believe in the mad queen theory, Dany is dying and it's going to be at the hand of one her closest, Tyrion might be the one to do it. Maybe Jon, and then as Fui says, he slinks back to the North to sook.

Brienne will go after Jamie and die trying to save/protect him.

Dany, I think she’ll go Mad Queen, emotions will get in the way, and Cersei will win. I hope she realises she’s about to go mad queen, pumps the brakes, remembers how much easier Meereen was to rule and go back.

Clegane isn’t long for this world, but Arya needs him to take out the Mountain so she can have a crack at Cersei.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I was listening to a history podcast today and the dude did a detailed deep dive into the sacking of Carthage by the Romans, which was very bad... and it got me thinking about how **** cool it would be if the Dany mad queen angle was combined with a little mad grey worm action and when Cersei's army is beaten (and the only thing im certain she will be) he and his troops, after all they've endured, do some PROPER old school sacking, like indiscriminate carnage to all left in the city.

And maybe that's when Dany realises she's not fit to rule, and agrees to just disappear with Jon.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 4:32 pm

As above, i think she shows up in hopes of changing Jamie's mind.
I dont think leaving the writers are going to want to leave Brienne, the strongest most fearless women in Westeros, as a send off with her sobbing over a lost boyfriend... that will not go down well with anyone!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I think that it's going to end badly for Cersei and Dany, that Varys has one big play left which will get him killed, and that Sansa is pulling the strings. **** knows what is going to happen to everyone else.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dany can't end up with Jon, she's his aunt! Jon is the only basically good character. He'll realise that's not an option before the end.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: May 8, 2019, 9:56 pm Dany can't end up with Jon, she's his aunt! Jon is the only basically good character. He'll realise that's not an option before the end.
Dude, he's a Targaryen. Sleeping with you aunt is not even close to incest by their standards. Don't forget that Daenerys was raised believing she would eventually be married to Viserys and give birth to the next generation of Targaryens.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 9:12 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 4:32 pm

As above, i think she shows up in hopes of changing Jamie's mind.
I dont think leaving the writers are going to want to leave Brienne, the strongest most fearless women in Westeros, as a send off with her sobbing over a lost boyfriend... that will not go down well with anyone!
I agree but she's sworn to Sansa and leaving her to chase after her new boyfriend would be equally pathetic. We expect more from Brienne.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 9, 2019, 9:13 am I agree but she's sworn to Sansa and leaving her to chase after her new boyfriend would be equally pathetic. We expect more from Brienne.
Yeah that's fair. They've backed themselves into a bit of a corner here with Brienne
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I think we all agree that Sansa has more of a part to play yet. Whatever it is Brienne will be alongside her.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 9, 2019, 10:09 am I think we all agree that Sansa has more of a part to play yet. Whatever it is Brienne will be alongside her.
The battle for Kings Landing is on monday, that's going to Dany/Jon/Cersei/Clegene's/ Arya etc... their moments... Ep 6, that's going to be Sansa putting a realm back together. I really think she is the favourite to have the Throne if it exists, and her and Tyrion are neck and neck if it's some kind of democracy as being the first elected ruler.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Northern Raider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: May 8, 2019, 9:56 pm Dany can't end up with Jon, she's his aunt! Jon is the only basically good character. He'll realise that's not an option before the end.
Dude, he's a Targaryen. Sleeping with you aunt is not even close to incest by their standards. Don't forget that Daenerys was raised believing she would eventually be married to Viserys and give birth to the next generation of Targaryens.
Yeah, but he’s also a Stark. Ned wouldn’t have raised him to marry his aunt

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 9, 2019, 8:04 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
Yeah, but he’s also a Stark. Ned wouldn’t have raised him to marry his aunt
Ned raised him based on a massive lie so the moral high ground has been lost.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I have VERY mixed views
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

PigRickman wrote:I have VERY mixed views
You and me both mate. Ho-ly ****!
So her prophecy where she saw snow on the throne was ash after all.

Plus we got to see Cleganebowl AND BabyDaddybowl.

Insane episode. So insane

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Spoiler spoiler spoiler...

------------ DONT READ ON IF YOU AINT SEEN THE **** ---------------

- Firstly, just super stoked that they actually **** did it and kind of stuck true to history of how sackings of big cities work. I threw that out there a few days ago not even really believing it was possible but just thinking how cool a modern, high budget depiction of a proper sacking. So on that front... **** cool. And just that blood thirst, and the rape and indiscriminate killing... that's EXACTLY how that **** would have gone.

- Clegane Bowl... Super cool, loved it, a little hated that it kind of had no stakes, like if one won and the other didn't it wouldnt have mattered to the story but then i came to terms with the fact years ago, if it happened it was going to be them both going down. So it was good...

- Mad Queen, totally on board, think they told the story poorly in a sense that, the bells were ringing and she had no reason to snap... just something simple, she could smile, raise her hand in victory and then like a commoner scaling the wall and firing a scorpion at Drogon and nicking his wing/tail or something... just something to reinforce the fact these people will never love her... then carnage.

- Failure to pay off the valonqar prophecy on any scale was pretty much unforgivable. Did anyone feel satisfied by the Jamie - Cersei ending? I didnt.

- Euron was a waste of space here, that battle with Jamie was ordinary. His fleet got absolutely **** decimated, 100's of ships, laid to waste, not a single scorpion touched Drogon or threaten to, but just one ep ago 1-2-3, Rhegal gone... come on now.

- Golden Company... at this point why even introduce them? Could have never mentioned them and nothing changes. They just showed up, got blasted, died. Just nothing worth while there.

- Varys death was cool in how they did the "trial" but the leading up to it was... not great. Like Varys isnt so **** dumb as to be caught out like that. Id have much rather see him go down in a failed coup or something, not Tyrion snitching because the Unsullied caught him spying (the unsullied who couldnt sniff out the Harpy's btw because uncovering plots were beyond them!)

- I didnt get the Arya stuff at all. Like not one bit. I get they were trying to link her fate in contrast to Sandor's but it just didnt fit with me. I dont know if i needed to see her die, but certainly fatally wounding Cersei and having a fatally wounded Cersei and Jamie die in each others arms as Ayra emerged to understand the chaos would that might push her back towards a less blood thirsty path would have sufficed. This just didnt fit

- And finally next week is just whatever.. like they'll join together, someone will kill Dany and the realm will begin to rebuild, free of the Targ madness... what happens to those alive is mildly interesting but otherwise meh
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Oh boy, where to begin. Apologies in advance for what I’m about to do haha.
PigRickman wrote:- Firstly, just super stoked that they actually **** did it and kind of stuck true to history of how sackings of big cities work. I threw that out there a few days ago not even really believing it was possible but just thinking how cool a modern, high budget depiction of a proper sacking. So on that front... **** cool. And just that blood thirst, and the rape and indiscriminate killing... that's EXACTLY how that **** would have gone.
That look on Jon’s face destroyed me but. When he saw his own people rape and pillage when given half a chance. Shows him that people can be scum, regardless of who the leader is
PigRickman wrote:- Clegane Bowl... Super cool, loved it, a little hated that it kind of had no stakes, like if one won and the other didn't it wouldnt have mattered to the story but then i came to terms with the fact years ago, if it happened it was going to be them both going down. So it was good...
Highlight of Cleganebowl was Qyburn getting PWNED for trying to stop it. Was fitting that Sandor spent his whole life afraid of his brother and fire, and he went down the way he did. Was very Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell stuff
PigRickman wrote:- Mad Queen, totally on board, think they told the story poorly in a sense that, the bells were ringing and she had no reason to snap... just something simple, she could smile, raise her hand in victory and then like a commoner scaling the wall and firing a scorpion at Drogon and nicking his wing/tail or something... just something to reinforce the fact these people will never love her... then carnage.
Yeah true, but its worse that she made that decision on her own. Full proper Mad Queen.
PigRickman wrote:- Failure to pay off the valonqar prophecy on any scale was pretty much unforgivable. Did anyone feel satisfied by the Jamie - Cersei ending? I didnt.
Yeah I’m with you. Wasn’t really that satisfying. Maybe Jamie killed her by sending her into that room and getting trapped? I know, I’m clutching at straws.

What annoyed me about Jamie was his “I don’t care about the people.” Line. I mean, you killed the Mad King because he was threatening to burn them all. Not only that, 2 eps ago, you make this plea to Dany that you wanted to fight for the living. Which is it Jamie?!
PigRickman wrote:- Euron was a waste of space here, that battle with Jamie was ordinary. His fleet got absolutely **** decimated, 100's of ships, laid to waste, not a single scorpion touched Drogon or threaten to, but just one ep ago 1-2-3, Rhegal gone... come on now.
I feel like Euron has been a waste all season. He really does nothing, then pops up and kills a dragon.
PigRickman wrote:- Golden Company... at this point why even introduce them? Could have never mentioned them and nothing changes. They just showed up, got blasted, died. Just nothing worth while there.
Agreed. They might have better luck if they had some elephants!
PigRickman wrote:- Varys death was cool in how they did the "trial" but the leading up to it was... not great. Like Varys isnt so **** dumb as to be caught out like that. Id have much rather see him go down in a failed coup or something, not Tyrion snitching because the Unsullied caught him spying (the unsullied who couldnt sniff out the Harpy's btw because uncovering plots were beyond them!)
I reckon he still got away with a Hail Mary. He burnt 1 letter, but I reckon he got a lot more off and spread around the realm.
PigRickman wrote:- I didnt get the Arya stuff at all. Like not one bit. I get they were trying to link her fate in contrast to Sandor's but it just didnt fit with me. I dont know if i needed to see her die, but certainly fatally wounding Cersei and having a fatally wounded Cersei and Jamie die in each others arms as Ayra emerged to understand the chaos would that might push her back towards a less blood thirsty path would have sufficed. This just didnt fit
There was a part of me that wanted her to ride off saying “Dany” as she restarts her list. I think the story was that she’s not the super killer we all thought she was. Despite all her training, nothing could have prepped her for a crazy tyrant.
PigRickman wrote:- And finally next week is just whatever.. like they'll join together, someone will kill Dany and the realm will begin to rebuild, free of the Targ madness... what happens to those alive is mildly interesting but otherwise meh
I think the realm is going to unite after Varys got the word out, and they’ll rally against the foreign invader. Dany is gone, but I have NFI how.

Man, I really enjoyed that episode. It brought me back to a quote I read from GRRM that he made an effort to make sure the Giants or mystical creatures did nothing sinister. Because in real life, it’s the humans that are monsters.

It also shows the whole nature/nurture ways of upbringing. Dany who grew up in fear of being murdered vs Jon who grew up in a family with a strong moral compass

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Where was Brianne?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: May 13, 2019, 9:35 pm Where was Brianne?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
In Winterfell, protecting Sansa, presumably.
I'll be pretty disappointed if her character arc ends with where it's been left off, but then i dont know what else there is for her and maybe im softening to the idea that it's OK that she broke down after finally allowing herself to vulnerable and then having her distrust justified... her reaction to that is pretty human, even for such a strong character.

I think Sansa is going to have a strong role to play in the final ep. We have nothing left but to figure out the future of the realm
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Was the valonqar prophecy really false? Didn’t Cersei die with her brother’s hands wrapped around her neck?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I told you Jon would call it off with his aunt. He is fundamentally good.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: May 13, 2019, 9:58 pm Was the valonqar prophecy really false? Didn’t Cersei die with her brother’s hands wrapped around her neck?

Yeah it was. And maybe he did technically but that wasnt satisfying in any sense of it. Not even remotely. They paid it off with lip service at best and ignored it at worst.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Also didn’t think I would say this, but there was a moment where I wanted to see a Jon vs Greyworm showdown

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

**** was that Dany? **** was that! You've changed girl.

I'm still tipping one last big play by Varys
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Well that episode didn't pan out as I expected. Didn't think Dany would go full mad queen and flatten the whole city. Very interested to see how it pans out next week. No doubt she's lost the support of Jon, Tyrion and Davos. What takes place is anybody's guess.

Arya ended up doing nothing really. Is she going to take out the mad queen?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This is good versus evil now and Dany is evil.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm still watching this episode and Dany has done the worst thing ever to the civilians.