Panthers 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: 2019 Rd 8 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by Hazza »

Penrith are tragic. In saying that still a good win, we didn't have a lot go our way. There's certainly a resolve that hasn't been present in recent years. A pretty important game and we delivered.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:05 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:04 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:01 pm Just about their best 80 min this year.
Yeah good players across the park - I love that you take BJ, Tarps, Raps and Bateman out and the effort and quality remains. Good signs here folks!
I think that's the key point, all those players out and we're still pulling it off, love it.
You don’t go deep into finals unless you have a team that can cover injury and form slumps. We have good depth.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Have to agree.

Not our best 17, but we looked inspired.
Panthers were desperate but our defense didn't let them in the game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Wighton was outstanding. The best I’ve seen him play in the #6 jersey so far.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hope Tarpine is fit for next week

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

A good win. Was getting a little shaky towards the final minutes, even though Penrith were never going to come back.

We still apparently gave away 10+ penalties, that needs to improve if we're going to beat the Roosters.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

dubby wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:11 pm Hope Tarpine is fit for next week

Gee that's optimistic. Injury report has him back rd 15/16
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hazza wrote:

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hazza wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:09 pm Penrith are tragic. In saying that still a good win, we didn't have a lot go our way. There's certainly a resolve that hasn't been present in recent years. A pretty important game and we delivered.
You reckon Penrith were that bad? I think we just ruined them. They are shot now with that result and the injuries and possibly suspensions but I reckon they came out strong and would have toweled us up last year. I don’t think we beat an average team today I think we made a good team look very poor.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Great game from Whitehead and Sutton just improves each week.

Some baffling refereeing against both sides today.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote:
Hazza wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:09 pm Penrith are tragic. In saying that still a good win, we didn't have a lot go our way. There's certainly a resolve that hasn't been present in recent years. A pretty important game and we delivered.
You reckon Penrith were that bad? I think we just ruined them. They are shot now with that result and the injuries and possibly suspensions but I reckon they came out strong and would have toweled us up last year. I don’t think we beat an average team today I think we made a good team look very poor.
Penrith were dominant early. But we still won.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hazza wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

That said I think they had printed funeral booklets for Raps before he made his last comeback - suspect the raiders play ducks and drakes about injuries
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Are we happy ?

You betcha..

My shed is open late..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Great win at wagga wagga. Has that dried your tears about the game being taken away ge? Seeing all that support cheersl you up a touch? You crack a smile hmm?
Dont delete this GE
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:07 pm
Green Taipan wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:04 pm Happy for the win but the cats were horrible to day so we should have really won by more and not let in their last soft try. Losing Bateman for an extended period really sucks!
I think we made the panthers look horrible. Watch that first 10 minutes again, they came at us hard and looked good. The boys had to stand up and grind them. We didn’t let them play - that was top shelf that one!
I like your optimism but PEN are not going well this year and if we really want to be a top 4 side we need to carve up sides below us. Next test are the Roosters and we need a big improvement to trouble them. i wonder why we are not using our backline more once we have gained an advantage through the middle.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:13 pm
Oh yeah no doubt we're a different side this year. They were very poor though and have been all year. People raved about them last week neglecting the fact they were at home and had 60% of the ball. They're struggling big time.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Big next fortnight. Even one win against these 2 sides would be huge.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I reckon Manly will do a job on bulldogs here - I think we have dropped 2 games against quality sides and nobody goes through undefeated. Not saying we don’t have plenty of improvement in us but we are far from flat track bullies
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

simo wrote:Great win at wagga wagga. Has that dried your tears about the game being taken away ge? Seeing all that support cheersl you up a touch? You crack a smile hmm?
No one tell GE we’re 4/4 moving home games to alternate locations
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

edwahu wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:25 pm Big next fortnight. Even one win against these 2 sides would be huge.
Yeah I agree - we are in early May and looking great. No need to win them all at this stage just want to see we can go with the top teams and keep building. I’m happy for us to be well placed for great streak to start 5 weeks out from finals
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Ultima wrote:Remember when Manly won a game against off on that rule not being enforced? Good times....
Yes to knock us out of finals contention.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BJ wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:34 pm
Ultima wrote:Remember when Manly won a game against off on that rule not being enforced? Good times....
Yes to knock us out of finals contention.
That was a long time ago.

Still burns :cry:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I hope Ricky lets them get on the grog after that effort
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:How do they transport that dirty great big Viking horn up the highway?
By Longboat straight up the Murrumbidgee.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BJ wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:40 pm
Billy Walker wrote:How do they transport that dirty great big Viking horn up the highway?
By Longboat straight up the Murrumbidgee.
Haha - I like it. I want a picture of it on the roof racks of something
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Best defence in the league after 8 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I was only able to listen to that on the wireless so haven’t seen any footage - sounded like our discipline was poor? We gave away quite a few penalties
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Timbo wrote:I was only able to listen to that on the wireless so haven’t seen any footage - sounded like our discipline was poor? We gave away quite a few penalties
I thought there was a lot of scrappiness in the ruck from both teams. Tough game to referee with so much niggle.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:40 pm I hope Ricky lets them get on the grog after that effort
Except for Wighton, let him drive the bus.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Wighton had a dominate game.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

BJ wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:53 pm
Timbo wrote:I was only able to listen to that on the wireless so haven’t seen any footage - sounded like our discipline was poor? We gave away quite a few penalties
I thought there was a lot of scrappiness in the ruck from both teams. Tough game to referee with so much niggle.
Early on it looked like a repeat from last week with our discipline, from the middle of the second half it improved.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Wow people just enjoy the win geez,we smashed them like we smashed the eels. Our forward pack is so tough this year,Whitehead is a killer :roflmao
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Be interesting to see the stats on injuries from Brookvale surface versus being tackled by Whitehead...
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

gangrenous wrote:Be interesting to see the stats on injuries from Brookvale surface versus being tackled by Whitehead...
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

gangrenous wrote: May 4, 2019, 6:01 pm Be interesting to see the stats on injuries from Brookvale surface versus being tackled by Whitehead...
I`m loving Whitehead,he must be eating concrete to be causing so much hurt :lol: